|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to General Patten, it was his expectation of an officer to:
(a) Defer to their British counterparts.
(b) Lead from the rear and let the troops do the fighting.
(c) Spread chaos through the destruction of civilian property.
(d) Move ahead.
2. Who traveled to Gibraltar under the nom de guerre of "General Howe."
(a) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(b) George Patton.
(c) Ted Roosevelt.
(d) Winston Churchill.
3. The average number of deaths per day during the war averaged:
4. Rommel was rewarded the Field Marshal's Baton for:
(a) His success in routing French forces from the Suez Canal.
(b) Capturing 30,000 British Commonwealth troops in Tobruk, Libya.
(c) A successful Blitskrieg against massed French loyalists in Paris.
(d) Successfully capturing Stalingrad, Russia.
5. What is Ultra?
(a) The name of the U.S. Secret Service in World War II.
(b) A clandestine plan to land a group of American conspirators behind enemy lines in North Africa.
(c) The codename for the bazooka.
(d) The intelligence gathered through British decipherment of coded German radio messages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eisenhower suspect of General Giraud?
2. Does the author consider RESERVIST a success?
3. What went wrong with operation VILLAIN?
4. Inspired by the quality of the food during the Torch voyage, the 13th Armored Regiment suggested changing their battle cry to what?
5. America declared war on Germany upon:
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)