|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plan did Colonel Frank Greer suggest that was countermanded by Terry Allen?
(a) A creeping artillery barrage through the town of St. Cloud.
(b) A building by building guerrilla campaign by infantry.
(c) Utilize the hill as a defilade and wait for tank support.
(d) Circle the town and cut if off from it's supply of troops from Oran.
2. September 1, 1939 marked the first day of a war that would last approximately:
(a) 2,000 days.
(b) 1,000 days.
(c) 4,000 days.
(d) 3,000 days.
3. What was Robert Murphy's mission in Algiers?
(a) To spike the guns in the shore batteries.
(b) To sabotage the Axis airfield.
(c) To launch an insurrection of the Vichy French.
(d) To escort Allied agents into the city to plant bombs.
4. What was the first town to be captured by the Allies?
5. Who did the American contingent meet in Cherchel?
(a) General Mast, the French commander of the Vichy army's XIX Corps.
(b) General Henri Giraud, a senior general capable of uniting the French cause.
(c) The Desert Fox.
(d) Benito Mussolini, Commander General of the Italian Africorps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What written warning from superiors did Commander Terry Allen burn?
2. Who traveled to Gibraltar under the nom de guerre of "General Howe."
3. Rommel was rewarded the Field Marshal's Baton for:
4. What is Brigadier General Truscott quoted as learning, perhaps in relation to his conflict in Mehdia?
5. Old Ironsides was both the only tank division to see desert battle in WWII, and:
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)