|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Allied success in Djedeida in November 1942 lead to what effect?
(a) Axis abandonment of Medjez-el-Bab and a general contraction of the Axis front line.
(b) The destruction of more than half the German tanks corp.
(c) The addition of a sorely needed Allied port in Djedeida.
(d) The splitting of German forces into a north and south contingent.
2. What is Ultra?
(a) The intelligence gathered through British decipherment of coded German radio messages.
(b) The name of the U.S. Secret Service in World War II.
(c) A clandestine plan to land a group of American conspirators behind enemy lines in North Africa.
(d) The codename for the bazooka.
3. What major engineering feat was undertaken in Speedy Valley, although it's strategic importance was questionable?
(a) A series of mobile bridge spans were prefabricated as rapid replacements for bridges Germans were expected to destroy in their retreat.
(b) An extensively camouflaged airway and underground bunker.
(c) The boring of a pair of immense, double-shafted tunnels to house the headquarters.
(d) The creating of a tank-proof moat surrounding the headquarters.
4. What was the first town to be captured by the Allies?
5. What did Eisenhower suspect of General Giraud?
(b) Axis sympathies.
(c) A bluff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two particular subjects did Mark Clark know of that would have made him a valuable capture for the Axis Cause?
2. Who traveled to Gibraltar under the nom de guerre of "General Howe."
3. While information on the attack was slow to come into headquarters, Eisenhower did not believe which report:
4. The Tine River Valley, where Luftwaffe pilots were attacking about once per hour, was nicknamed what by the troops of the 1st Battalion?
5. The shortages of necessities at the outset of Anderson's push East, inspired this quote: "The most important thing is never to be apart from your:
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)