|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the biggest deficiency, according to the author, in Allied planning?
(a) Lack of air fields.
2. TORCH is considered by the author to have been:
(a) "Primarily a diversionary tactic to relieve pressure on the Soviet Union."
(b) "Poorly planned but excellently executed."
(c) "The single worst tactical decision of the war."
(d) "The most daring amphibious operation in the history of modern warfare."
3. In the start of Chapter 7, which traveler was listed as 'Register Number 1.'
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) General Alexander
(c) General Patton.
(d) President Roosevelt.
4. Major Rudolph Barlow's surprise attack on an an Axis airfield discovered outside the city of Djedejida resulted in what?
(a) The destruction of the final remnants of the Italian Airforce.
(b) Capture through an Axis ambush.
(c) The loss of Company C in a German counter attack.
(d) The destruction of over twenty German planes.
5. The signal "Advance Napoleon," was issues by Eisenhower which indicated what to the troops readying operation VILLAIN?
(a) To carry out Plan B and expect a hostile reception by the French.
(b) To carry out Plan C and expect to be dropped behind enemy lines.
(c) To carry out Plan B and expect a docile reception by the French.
(d) To carry out Plan D and expect a hostile reception by the French.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two particular subjects did Mark Clark know of that would have made him a valuable capture for the Axis Cause?
2. Who did the American contingent meet in Cherchel?
3. Hitler reinforced Tunis because of what realization, according to the author?
4. The General Lee is described by the author as: "double the Stuart's weight, with a 75mm gun in the hull, a 35mm squirrel rifle in the turret, and four machine guns." What did the author describe as it's flaws?
5. The radio messages "batter up" and "play ball" meant what to the American fleet?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)