1. What kind of memorial fills the American military cemetery at Carthage to mark the graves of American troops?
(b) Simple marble markers.
(c) Several granite obelisks.
(d) One large marble tomb.
2. According to the author, North Africa is where the Axis forever lost:
(a) Access to Sicily.
(b) Casablanca as an assault base to Washington D.C.
(c) Their initiative.
(d) Field Marshall Rommel.
3. According to the author, what significant change occurred in the relationship between the Allies over the course of the campaign?
(a) Vichy France betrayed their agreement with Germany by refusing to fight Americans.
(b) Britain slipped into the role of a junior partner to America.
(c) America formed an immediate bond with Britain.
(d) Italy sided with the Allies.
4. North Africa is where the Allies agreed on a policy of:
(c) Military autonomy.
(d) Unconditional surrender.
5. A British Tommy is quoted as saying:
(a) "To the victor, go the spoils."
(b) "The last war was a war to end war. This war's to start 'em up again."
(c) "Through France passes our shortest route to the Heart of Germany."
(d) "No guts. No glory."
This section contains 7,507 words
(approx. 26 pages at 300 words per page)