|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much more did the committee spend than it had received in donations?
2. When did the fever reappear in Philadelphia?
3. Who wrote that Death was riding triumphant on a pale horse at the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. How many died from yellow fever on Saturday, October 12?
5. In the 1700s, what was often prescribed to break a slight fever?
Essay Topic 1
Neighboring states began to fear the plague spreading from Philadelphia to their areas. Discuss how various areas and citizens reacted to the plague and the citizens of Philadelphia.
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Rush looked around the city and realized that Philadelphia itself might succumb at any moment. Discuss the factors that threatened the survival of the city.
Essay Topic 3
The plague was referred to as an "Unmerciful Enemy." Why? Discuss why the plague was referred to as an "Unmerciful Enemy."
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)