|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much more did the committee spend than it had received in donations?
2. When did the fever reappear in Philadelphia?
3. Who wrote that Death was riding triumphant on a pale horse at the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. How many died from yellow fever on Saturday, October 12?
5. In the 1700s, what was often prescribed to break a slight fever?
Essay Topic 1
Medical practices were in flux at the end of the eighteenth century. Discuss medical practices at the time of the plague and how these practices were changing.
Essay Topic 2
The mayor of Philadelphia, Mattthew Clarkson, decided to stay in Philadelphia during the plague. Using examples from the book, discuss the pros and cons Clarkson may have considered before deciding whether to stay or flee.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Dr. Rush was called to consult about difficult medical problems.
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)