|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Thomas Jefferson estimate that it cost him to get to Germantown?
2. What was Dolley Payne Todd's husband's name?
3. How many high-ranking officials of the federal government were within a day's ride of Philadelphia?
4. When did Dr. Rush realize that he had yellow fever?
5. How old was Stephen Girard in 1793?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss yellow fever and the signs that it was in Philadelphia.
Essay Topic 2
Neighboring states began to fear the plague spreading from Philadelphia to their areas. Discuss how various areas and citizens reacted to the plague and the citizens of Philadelphia.
Essay Topic 3
Members of the College of Physicians had different recommendations for dealing with the fever. Compare and contrast how different members of the College of Physicians recommended dealing with the fever.
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)