|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Dr. Jean Deveze volunteer to work at Bush Hill?
2. What ship was seized by one of Genet's hired privateers?
3. After Dr. Rush's assistants bled him and administered the purge, how many days did it take for him to get back on his feet?
4. How many cords of wood did a subcommittee obtain before winter set in?
5. What state refused to allow a ship from Philadelphia to land and take on water?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Ten-and-Ten treatment?
2. What were sleeping accommodations like in Germantown?
3. Why were conditions so desperate at Bush Hill?
4. Who was Stephen Girard?
5. Why did Dr. Rush continue seeing patients when he had yellow fever himself?
6. What type of treatment did Dr. William Currie recommend?
7. Who was Peter Helm?
8. What was bloodletting?
9. What type of news did Philip Freneau print during the plague?
10. Who Was Dolley Payne Todd?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Three members of a special committee formed by Mayor Clarkson stood out in the performance of their duties. Discuss Israel Israel, Peter Helm, and Stephen Girard and their work as volunteers on the special committee.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the treatments that various doctors used during the plague.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 4, both the state and federal governments contributed to the continuing crisis caused by the plague. Discuss how the state and federal governments contributed to the crisis.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)