|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What paper did Andrew Brown publish?
2. What was the name of Dr. Rush's sister who died during the plague?
3. How old was Dr. Deveze in 1793?
4. How old was Israel Israel at the time of the plague?
5. How many bleedings did the Free African Society perform?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Secretary of War Henry Knox do when President Washington left him in charge of the government in Philadelphia?
2. How did landlords respond during the plague?
3. Who Was Dolley Payne Todd?
4. What were sleeping accommodations like in Germantown?
5. What type of treatment did Dr. Rush prescribe at the beginning of the epidemic?
6. What type of treatment did Dr. William Currie recommend?
7. When Jones and Allen took Carey to task for things he wrote in his book about blacks, what did Carey add to his book?
8. What did Dr. Rush do when the College of Physicians declared that the plague had not been caused by yellow fever?
9. What signs were there that the fever seemed to be gaining in strength and deadliness in Chapter 8?
10. What type of news did Philip Freneau print during the plague?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The plague was referred to as an "Unmerciful Enemy." Why? Discuss why the plague was referred to as an "Unmerciful Enemy."
Essay Topic 2
Members of the College of Physicians had different recommendations for dealing with the fever. Compare and contrast how different members of the College of Physicians recommended dealing with the fever.
Essay Topic 3
In 1793, President Washington was concerned about the French Revolution. Discuss the French Revolution and why it troubled Washington.
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)