|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of a memorable poem written by Philip Freneau?
2. On what day did the death toll fall below thirty?
(a) November 1.
(b) November 4.
(c) October 31.
(d) October 26.
3. How much did the citizens of Manhattan send to aid Philadelphians?
4. Where was Stephen Girard born?
5. What was Dolley Payne Todd's husband's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Dr. Rush realize that he had yellow fever?
2. How old was Dr. Deveze in 1793?
3. What state refused to allow a ship from Philadelphia to land and take on water?
4. Who had President Washington put in charge when he left Philadelphia?
5. On October 17, which committee member wrote in the official minutes that the fever was winning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem did Thomas Sim Lee, governor of Maryland, ask Washington to help him solve?
2. Where did water come from in 1793?
3. What was bloodletting?
4. What was the Ten-and-Ten treatment?
5. What did Dr. Rush do when the College of Physicians declared that the plague had not been caused by yellow fever?
6. Who was Peter Helm?
7. Why were the special committee members taking a risk when they borrowed money to run the city?
8. What were sleeping accommodations like in Germantown?
9. How did landlords respond during the plague?
10. Why did it seem that the entire city had collapsed at the beginning of Chapter 7?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)