|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many weeks did Henry Knox spend in quarantine?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 4 weeks.
2. How many pounds of blood did Dr. Rush and other doctors at that time believe that the human body held?
3. How many cords of wood did a subcommittee obtain before winter set in?
4. By September 5, how many of Dr. Rush's patients did he claim improved with the Ten-and-Ten treatment?
(a) 15 out of 20.
(b) 8 out of 10.
(c) 29 out of 30.
(d) 3 out of 5.
5. Who wrote that Death was riding triumphant on a pale horse at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Elhanan Winchester.
(b) Evan Manning.
(c) Martin Whitcomb.
(d) Anderson Ryan.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many days did Peter Helm and Stephen Girard attend to Bush HIll?
2. How many died from yellow fever on Saturday, October 12?
3. By the first of September, how many people were jammed into Bush Hill?
4. What Revolutionary War hero wrote begging Dr. Rush for his help during the 1797 yellow fever epidemic?
5. How many times a day would Dr. Rush administer the Ten-and-Ten or Ten-and-Fifteen Treatment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were sleeping accommodations like in Germantown?
2. How did Dr. Jean Deveze treat fever patients?
3. Who Was Dolley Payne Todd?
4. What type of treatment did Dr. William Currie recommend?
5. What did George Washington do on November 10?
6. What was bloodletting?
7. Where did water come from in 1793?
8. When Jones and Allen took Carey to task for things he wrote in his book about blacks, what did Carey add to his book?
9. What did Secretary of War Henry Knox do when President Washington left him in charge of the government in Philadelphia?
10. What problem did Thomas Sim Lee, governor of Maryland, ask Washington to help him solve?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)