|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state refused to allow a ship from Philadelphia to land and take on water?
(a) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
2. From Rev.Helmuth's congregation, how many died at the beginning of October?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 6, about how many persons were ill with the fever?
4. How many patients did Dr. Rush's five assistants each see in one day after Dr. Rush's recovery?
5. When did George Washington make a personal inspection of Philadelphia?
(a) November 1.
(b) November 15.
(c) November 10.
(d) November 20.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the plague, how many days might it take for a letter to be sent to or from Philadelphia?
2. By the first of September, how many people were jammed into Bush Hill?
3. On October 17, which committee member wrote in the official minutes that the fever was winning?
4. How much did the citizens of Manhattan send to aid Philadelphians?
5. When was someone hired to design and construct Philadelphia's first waterworks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were conditions so desperate at Bush Hill?
2. What were sleeping accommodations like in Germantown?
3. What did Secretary of War Henry Knox do when President Washington left him in charge of the government in Philadelphia?
4. What was vis medicatrix naturae?
5. What did Dr. Rush do when the College of Physicians declared that the plague had not been caused by yellow fever?
6. Where did water come from in 1793?
7. What other problems did Philadelphia have other than the plague?
8. Who was Stephen Girard?
9. What was bloodletting?
10. What type of treatment did Dr. William Currie recommend?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)