|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By September 17, how many burials were taking place daily?
2. How much did a jury award Dr. Rush including court costs when he sued Cobbett for libel?
3. How many cords of wood did a subcommittee obtain before winter set in?
4. From Rev.Helmuth's congregation, how many died at the beginning of October?
5. How often had the College of Physicians promised to meet during the plague?
(a) Every Tuesday.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Every other week.
(d) Every Monday.
Short Answer Questions
1. At whose farm was Major Christian Piercy put out of a stagecoach?
2. For how many years had doctors been using bloodletting or phlebotomy?
3. How many whale oil streetlamps were in Philadelphia in 1793?
4. What was the occupation of a man named Mr. Brooks who reopened his shop on October 31 and died of yellow fever on November 3?
5. In the 1700s, what was often prescribed to break a slight fever?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem did Thomas Sim Lee, governor of Maryland, ask Washington to help him solve?
2. What did George Washington do on November 10?
3. When Jones and Allen took Carey to task for things he wrote in his book about blacks, what did Carey add to his book?
4. What type of treatment did Dr. William Currie recommend?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what were conditions like at Bush Hill?
6. Why did Dr. Rush continue seeing patients when he had yellow fever himself?
7. What was the Ten-and-Ten treatment?
8. How did landlords respond during the plague?
9. What did Rev. Helmuth write about visits he made at night to visit the sick?
10. What did Dr. Rush do when the College of Physicians declared that the plague had not been caused by yellow fever?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)