|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By September 17, how many burials were taking place daily?
2. How often had the College of Physicians promised to meet during the plague?
(a) Every other week.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Every Monday.
(d) Every Tuesday.
3. How many cords of wood did a subcommittee obtain before winter set in?
4. When did the fever reappear in Philadelphia?
(a) 1798 and 1804.
(b) 1795, 1797, 1799, 1801.
(c) 1794, 1796, 1797, and 1798.
(d) 1796 and 1803.
5. How old was Israel Israel at the time of the plague?
Short Answer Questions
1. What paper did Andrew Brown publish?
2. When Rush contracted yellow fever again, how many days did he spend confined to bed unable to lift his head?
3. For how many days did Peter Helm and Stephen Girard attend to Bush HIll?
4. Where did Dr. Rush apply to become a member of the medical faculty?
5. When Israel Israel finally won an election of Pennsylvania state legislature, by how many votes did he win?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of treatment did Dr. Rush prescribe at the beginning of the epidemic?
2. What problem did Thomas Sim Lee, governor of Maryland, ask Washington to help him solve?
3. Why did Dr. Rush continue seeing patients when he had yellow fever himself?
4. What did Dr. Rush do when the College of Physicians declared that the plague had not been caused by yellow fever?
5. What was bloodletting?
6. What were sleeping accommodations like in Germantown?
7. What was vis medicatrix naturae?
8. What did George Washington do on November 10?
9. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what were conditions like at Bush Hill?
10. What signs were there that the fever seemed to be gaining in strength and deadliness in Chapter 8?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)