|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Dr. Rush seemed to be cured of yellow fever, how many patients sought him in a day?
2. What was the occupation of a man named Mr. Brooks who reopened his shop on October 31 and died of yellow fever on November 3?
3. Which member of the special committee was in charge of providing food for the city?
(a) Israel Israel.
(b) James Sharswood.
(c) Samuel Benge.
(d) Henry Deforest.
4. Who was hired to design and construct Philadelphia's first waterworks?
(a) Gray Peters.
(b) Davis Nance.
(c) Benjamin Latrobe.
(d) Franklin Rosling.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6, about how many persons were ill with the fever?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Dr. Currie's book about Philadelphia's plague?
2. Where did Dr. Rush apply to become a member of the medical faculty?
3. Where did Thomas Jefferson and George Washington meet as they traveled toward Philadelphia?
4. Where was a Philadelphia woman and her black servant tarred and feathered?
5. What type of church did Reverend Mr. Helmuth pastor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Dr. Jean Deveze treat fever patients?
2. Who Was Dolley Payne Todd?
3. What did Dr. Rush do when the College of Physicians declared that the plague had not been caused by yellow fever?
4. Where did water come from in 1793?
5. What was vis medicatrix naturae?
6. What did George Washington do on November 10?
7. What other problems did Philadelphia have other than the plague?
8. Who was Stephen Girard?
9. What type of treatment did Dr. Rush prescribe at the beginning of the epidemic?
10. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what were conditions like at Bush Hill?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)