|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 6, about how many persons were ill with the fever?
2. How many cords of wood did a subcommittee obtain before winter set in?
3. Who was hired to design and construct Philadelphia's first waterworks?
(a) Franklin Rosling.
(b) Benjamin Latrobe.
(c) Gray Peters.
(d) Davis Nance.
4. What state refused to allow a ship from Philadelphia to land and take on water?
(a) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
5. How many bleedings did the Free African Society perform?
(a) Over 800.
(d) About 500.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Thomas Jefferson estimate that it cost him to get to Germantown?
2. Who was the governor of Maryland in 1793?
3. How many times did it rain in September, 1793?
4. What newspaper was printed occasionally by September?
5. How many bundles of shirts and dresses for orphans were sent by the Widow Grubb?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who Was Dolley Payne Todd?
2. What were sleeping accommodations like in Germantown?
3. What was bloodletting?
4. Why were the special committee members taking a risk when they borrowed money to run the city?
5. Why were conditions so desperate at Bush Hill?
6. Why did it seem that the entire city had collapsed at the beginning of Chapter 7?
7. Who was Peter Helm?
8. What was the Ten-and-Ten treatment?
9. Where did water come from in 1793?
10. What type of treatment did Dr. William Currie recommend?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)