|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often had the College of Physicians promised to meet during the plague?
(a) Every Tuesday.
(b) Every Monday.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Every other week.
2. After Dr. Rush's assistants bled him and administered the purge, how many days did it take for him to get back on his feet?
3. What Revolutionary War hero wrote begging Dr. Rush for his help during the 1797 yellow fever epidemic?
(a) Haym Solomon.
(b) Adam Monroe.
(c) Thaddeus Kosciusko.
(d) Crispus Attucks.
4. By September 5, how many of Dr. Rush's patients did he claim improved with the Ten-and-Ten treatment?
(a) 29 out of 30.
(b) 15 out of 20.
(c) 3 out of 5.
(d) 8 out of 10.
5. How many times a day would Dr. Rush administer the Ten-and-Ten or Ten-and-Fifteen Treatment?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many weeks did Henry Knox spend in quarantine?
2. In Chapter 6 in a letter to his wife, how many patients did Dr. Rush say that he was learning had died every morning?
3. How old was Dr. Deveze in 1793?
4. When Israel Israel finally won an election of Pennsylvania state legislature, by how many votes did he win?
5. How much did Thomas Jefferson estimate that it cost him to get to Germantown?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who Was Dolley Payne Todd?
2. What were sleeping accommodations like in Germantown?
3. Who was Peter Helm?
4. What type of treatment did Dr. Rush prescribe at the beginning of the epidemic?
5. How did Dr. Jean Deveze treat fever patients?
6. Why did it seem that the entire city had collapsed at the beginning of Chapter 7?
7. Why did Dr. Rush continue seeing patients when he had yellow fever himself?
8. What was the Ten-and-Ten treatment?
9. What was bloodletting?
10. Where did water come from in 1793?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)