|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did the citizens of Manhattan send to aid Philadelphians?
2. Where did Thomas Jefferson and George Washington meet as they traveled toward Philadelphia?
3. How many weeks did Henry Knox spend in quarantine?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
4. What was the occupation of a man named Mr. Brooks who reopened his shop on October 31 and died of yellow fever on November 3?
5. How many died from yellow fever on Saturday, October 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. On October 17, which committee member wrote in the official minutes that the fever was winning?
2. What was the name of William Cobbett's paper?
3. Who wrote that Death was riding triumphant on a pale horse at the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. When did Stephen Girard contract a mild case of yellow fever?
5. How much did Thomas Jefferson estimate that it cost him to get to Germantown?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Peter Helm?
2. When Jones and Allen took Carey to task for things he wrote in his book about blacks, what did Carey add to his book?
3. What type of treatment did Dr. William Currie recommend?
4. What did Secretary of War Henry Knox do when President Washington left him in charge of the government in Philadelphia?
5. What were sleeping accommodations like in Germantown?
6. What was vis medicatrix naturae?
7. What type of news did Philip Freneau print during the plague?
8. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what were conditions like at Bush Hill?
9. Who was Stephen Girard?
10. Who Was Dolley Payne Todd?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)