|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What paper did Andrew Brown publish?
(a) Daily News.
(c) Federal Gazette.
(d) National Gazette.
2. In the 1700s, what was often prescribed to break a slight fever?
(d) Herb tea.
3. How much did the citizens of Manhattan send to aid Philadelphians?
4. When Israel Israel finally won an election of Pennsylvania state legislature, by how many votes did he win?
5. What type of church did Reverend Mr. Helmuth pastor?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times a day would Dr. Rush administer the Ten-and-Ten or Ten-and-Fifteen Treatment?
2. How many patients did Dr. Rush's five assistants each see in one day after Dr. Rush's recovery?
3. What was Dolley Payne Todd's husband's name?
4. Whose letter did Dr. Rush find in his old medical books about the yellow plagues that had occurred in Virginia about fifty years earlier?
5. How many bundles of shirts and dresses for orphans were sent by the Widow Grubb?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did water come from in 1793?
2. Why were the special committee members taking a risk when they borrowed money to run the city?
3. What type of treatment did Dr. Rush prescribe at the beginning of the epidemic?
4. Who was Stephen Girard?
5. Why were conditions so desperate at Bush Hill?
6. What was bloodletting?
7. Why did it seem that the entire city had collapsed at the beginning of Chapter 7?
8. What problem did Thomas Sim Lee, governor of Maryland, ask Washington to help him solve?
9. What was the Ten-and-Ten treatment?
10. What did Rev. Helmuth write about visits he made at night to visit the sick?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)