|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6 in a letter to his wife, how many patients did Dr. Rush say that he was learning had died every morning?
2. When was someone hired to design and construct Philadelphia's first waterworks?
3. Whose letter did Dr. Rush find in his old medical books about the yellow plagues that had occurred in Virginia about fifty years earlier?
(a) Charles Neece.
(b) Byant Whitcomb.
(c) Davis Miller.
(d) John Mitchell.
4. After Dr. Rush's assistants bled him and administered the purge, how many days did it take for him to get back on his feet?
5. How many times a day would Dr. Rush administer the Ten-and-Ten or Ten-and-Fifteen Treatment?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did it rain in September, 1793?
2. How many pounds of blood did Dr. Rush and other doctors at that time believe that the human body held?
3. How long was Dr. Currie's book about Philadelphia's plague?
4. Besides the mayor, how many members were on the illegal special committee formed to run Philadelphia?
5. How old was the servant boy that Dr. Rush trained to open a vein and see the sick?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)