|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose letter did Dr. Rush find in his old medical books about the yellow plagues that had occurred in Virginia about fifty years earlier?
(a) Davis Miller.
(b) Byant Whitcomb.
(c) Charles Neece.
(d) John Mitchell.
2. On what day did the death toll fall below thirty?
(a) October 31.
(b) November 1.
(c) November 4.
(d) October 26.
3. Which member of the special committee was in charge of providing food for the city?
(a) Henry Deforest.
(b) Samuel Benge.
(c) Israel Israel.
(d) James Sharswood.
4. Where did Dolley Payne Todd go during the fever outbreak?
(a) Gray's Ferry.
5. How much did the citizens of Manhattan send to aid Philadelphians?
Short Answer Questions
1. What state refused to allow a ship from Philadelphia to land and take on water?
2. During the plague, how many days might it take for a letter to be sent to or from Philadelphia?
3. When did Dr. Jean Deveze volunteer to work at Bush Hill?
4. How many weeks did Henry Knox spend in quarantine?
5. In what alley did Helmuth find 40 dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were conditions so desperate at Bush Hill?
2. What was the Ten-and-Ten treatment?
3. What type of news did Philip Freneau print during the plague?
4. Where did water come from in 1793?
5. What were sleeping accommodations like in Germantown?
6. What did George Washington do on November 10?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what were conditions like at Bush Hill?
8. When Jones and Allen took Carey to task for things he wrote in his book about blacks, what did Carey add to his book?
9. What problem did Thomas Sim Lee, governor of Maryland, ask Washington to help him solve?
10. Why did it seem that the entire city had collapsed at the beginning of Chapter 7?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)