|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Stephen Girard born?
2. Whose letter did Dr. Rush find in his old medical books about the yellow plagues that had occurred in Virginia about fifty years earlier?
(a) Charles Neece.
(b) John Mitchell.
(c) Davis Miller.
(d) Byant Whitcomb.
3. What was the name of a man who lost his entire family, including his wife, to the plague; and then married again?
4. How many bundles of shirts and dresses for orphans were sent by the Widow Grubb?
5. At whose farm was Major Christian Piercy put out of a stagecoach?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Dr. Rush hire a horse-drawn carriage and begin visiting patients after his bout with yellow fever?
2. Where did Thomas Jefferson and George Washington meet as they traveled toward Philadelphia?
3. How many cords of wood did a subcommittee obtain before winter set in?
4. What was the occupation of a man named Mr. Brooks who reopened his shop on October 31 and died of yellow fever on November 3?
5. How many died from yellow fever on Saturday, October 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem did Thomas Sim Lee, governor of Maryland, ask Washington to help him solve?
2. What signs were there that the fever seemed to be gaining in strength and deadliness in Chapter 8?
3. When Jones and Allen took Carey to task for things he wrote in his book about blacks, what did Carey add to his book?
4. Where did water come from in 1793?
5. What did Rev. Helmuth write about visits he made at night to visit the sick?
6. Who was Peter Helm?
7. What did Secretary of War Henry Knox do when President Washington left him in charge of the government in Philadelphia?
8. How did landlords respond during the plague?
9. What was vis medicatrix naturae?
10. What type of treatment did Dr. William Currie recommend?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)