|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was someone hired to design and construct Philadelphia's first waterworks?
2. Who wrote that Death was riding triumphant on a pale horse at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Evan Manning.
(b) Elhanan Winchester.
(c) Martin Whitcomb.
(d) Anderson Ryan.
3. How many whale oil streetlamps were in Philadelphia in 1793?
4. How old was the servant boy that Dr. Rush trained to open a vein and see the sick?
5. From Rev.Helmuth's congregation, how many died at the beginning of October?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much more did the committee spend than it had received in donations?
2. What was the name of a memorable poem written by Philip Freneau?
3. What ship was seized by one of Genet's hired privateers?
4. How many weeks did Henry Knox spend in quarantine?
5. Who was the governor of Maryland in 1793?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what were conditions like at Bush Hill?
2. When Jones and Allen took Carey to task for things he wrote in his book about blacks, what did Carey add to his book?
3. Where did water come from in 1793?
4. What other problems did Philadelphia have other than the plague?
5. What were sleeping accommodations like in Germantown?
6. Who was Peter Helm?
7. What was vis medicatrix naturae?
8. What problem did Thomas Sim Lee, governor of Maryland, ask Washington to help him solve?
9. Who Was Dolley Payne Todd?
10. What type of treatment did Dr. William Currie recommend?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)