|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ship was seized by one of Genet's hired privateers?
2. Which member of the special committee was in charge of providing food for the city?
(a) Henry Deforest.
(b) Israel Israel.
(c) James Sharswood.
(d) Samuel Benge.
3. When did Dr. Jean Deveze volunteer to work at Bush Hill?
(a) August 25.
(b) September 1.
(c) September 16.
(d) August 31.
4. How many high-ranking officials of the federal government were within a day's ride of Philadelphia?
5. How many pounds of blood did Dr. Rush and other doctors at that time believe that the human body held?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many patients did Dr. Rush's five assistants each see in one day after Dr. Rush's recovery?
2. What newspaper was printed occasionally by September?
3. At whose farm was Major Christian Piercy put out of a stagecoach?
4. Where did Thomas Jefferson and George Washington meet as they traveled toward Philadelphia?
5. Where was a Philadelphia woman and her black servant tarred and feathered?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what were conditions like at Bush Hill?
2. What did Secretary of War Henry Knox do when President Washington left him in charge of the government in Philadelphia?
3. Who Was Dolley Payne Todd?
4. Why were the special committee members taking a risk when they borrowed money to run the city?
5. What type of news did Philip Freneau print during the plague?
6. How did Dr. Jean Deveze treat fever patients?
7. What was bloodletting?
8. Why did it seem that the entire city had collapsed at the beginning of Chapter 7?
9. What type of treatment did Dr. William Currie recommend?
10. Who was Stephen Girard?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)