|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Dr. Rush seemed to be cured of yellow fever, how many patients sought him in a day?
2. How long was Dr. Currie's book about Philadelphia's plague?
(a) 112 pages.
(b) 89 pages.
(c) 25 pages.
(d) 64 pages.
3. Who was hired to design and construct Philadelphia's first waterworks?
(a) Gray Peters.
(b) Franklin Rosling.
(c) Davis Nance.
(d) Benjamin Latrobe.
4. Besides the mayor, how many members were on the illegal special committee formed to run Philadelphia?
5. In what alley did Helmuth find 40 dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was someone hired to design and construct Philadelphia's first waterworks?
2. Who was the governor of Maryland in 1793?
3. What ship was seized by one of Genet's hired privateers?
4. How many bleedings did the Free African Society perform?
5. When did the Black Plague strike in England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were sleeping accommodations like in Germantown?
2. What problem did Thomas Sim Lee, governor of Maryland, ask Washington to help him solve?
3. Where did water come from in 1793?
4. What was vis medicatrix naturae?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what were conditions like at Bush Hill?
6. What type of news did Philip Freneau print during the plague?
7. What type of treatment did Dr. Rush prescribe at the beginning of the epidemic?
8. What signs were there that the fever seemed to be gaining in strength and deadliness in Chapter 8?
9. What did George Washington do on November 10?
10. How did Dr. Jean Deveze treat fever patients?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)