|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many patients did Dr. Rush's five assistants each see in one day after Dr. Rush's recovery?
2. Which member of the special committee was in charge of providing food for the city?
(a) Israel Israel.
(b) James Sharswood.
(c) Henry Deforest.
(d) Samuel Benge.
3. From Rev.Helmuth's congregation, how many died at the beginning of October?
4. On what day did the death toll fall below thirty?
(a) November 1.
(b) October 31.
(c) November 4.
(d) October 26.
5. After Dr. Rush's assistants bled him and administered the purge, how many days did it take for him to get back on his feet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What decorated houses where people were sick from the yellow fever?
2. How long was Dr. Currie's book about Philadelphia's plague?
3. What was the name of William Cobbett's paper?
4. How much did a jury award Dr. Rush including court costs when he sued Cobbett for libel?
5. How old was Israel Israel at the time of the plague?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of news did Philip Freneau print during the plague?
2. How did Dr. Jean Deveze treat fever patients?
3. What was bloodletting?
4. Why did it seem that the entire city had collapsed at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. What was vis medicatrix naturae?
6. When Jones and Allen took Carey to task for things he wrote in his book about blacks, what did Carey add to his book?
7. Who was Peter Helm?
8. What did Secretary of War Henry Knox do when President Washington left him in charge of the government in Philadelphia?
9. What did Dr. Rush do when the College of Physicians declared that the plague had not been caused by yellow fever?
10. What did George Washington do on November 10?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)