Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much more did the committee spend than it had received in donations?
2. When did the fever reappear in Philadelphia?
(a) 1798 and 1804.
(b) 1795, 1797, 1799, 1801.
(c) 1796 and 1803.
(d) 1794, 1796, 1797, and 1798.
3. Who wrote that Death was riding triumphant on a pale horse at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Evan Manning.
(b) Martin Whitcomb.
(c) Elhanan Winchester.
(d) Anderson Ryan.
4. How many died from yellow fever on Saturday, October 12?
5. In the 1700s, what was often prescribed to break a slight fever?
(b) Herb tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Dr. Rush realize that he had yellow fever?
2. What was the name of a memorable poem written by Philip Freneau?
3. By September 5, how many of Dr. Rush's patients did he claim improved with the Ten-and-Ten treatment?
4. For how many years had doctors been using bloodletting or phlebotomy?
5. During the plague, how many days might it take for a letter to be sent to or from Philadelphia?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)