|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many died from yellow fever on Saturday, October 12?
2. On October 17, which committee member wrote in the official minutes that the fever was winning?
(a) Matthew Carey.
(b) Caleb Lownes.
(c) John Bordley.
(d) David Bryan.
3. How much did some whites charge to put a corpse in a coffin and haul it to a waiting wagon?
4. When Israel Israel finally won an election of Pennsylvania state legislature, by how many votes did he win?
5. Where was a Philadelphia woman and her black servant tarred and feathered?
(a) Milford, Delaware.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) Manhattan, New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Dr. Currie's book about Philadelphia's plague?
2. From Rev.Helmuth's congregation, how many died at the beginning of October?
3. Who had President Washington put in charge when he left Philadelphia?
4. How many cords of wood did a subcommittee obtain before winter set in?
5. When did the Black Plague strike in England?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who Was Dolley Payne Todd?
2. What were sleeping accommodations like in Germantown?
3. Why were conditions so desperate at Bush Hill?
4. What signs were there that the fever seemed to be gaining in strength and deadliness in Chapter 8?
5. What other problems did Philadelphia have other than the plague?
6. Why did it seem that the entire city had collapsed at the beginning of Chapter 7?
7. Where did water come from in 1793?
8. What did Secretary of War Henry Knox do when President Washington left him in charge of the government in Philadelphia?
9. What type of news did Philip Freneau print during the plague?
10. What was the Ten-and-Ten treatment?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)