|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of church did Rev. J. Henry C. Helmuth pastor?
2. Where did John Bill Ricketts take his circus for the summer?
(a) Rhode Island.
3. How many physicians were in Philadelphia in 1793?
4. To Catherine LeMaigre, what part of her body did she feel as though it was burning up?
5. According to Dr. Hodge, where did the first deaths from the fever happen?
(a) On or near Main St.
(b) 13th St.
(c) On or near Water St.
(d) 4th St.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Matthew Clarkson become mayor of Philadelphia?
2. How long did George Washington plan to be gone from Philadelphia when he left the city?
3. Where did federal department heads move their offices?
4. How many children did Clarkson have?
5. How many families did Jones and Allen visit in one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. In her journal, what did Elizabeth Drinker say about the fever on August 28?
2. Describe Catherine LeMaigre's symptoms.
3. What did most doctors in Philadelphia believe caused the sickness?
4. Who were the first two doctors called to see Catherine LeMaigre?
5. Why did the members of the Pennsylvania legislature become fearful two days after they began meeting at the statehouse?
6. What were the main reasons why people stayed in the city during the plague?
7. Why was the Free African Society founded?
8. What was the problem with the French that troubled President Washington?
9. What types of services did the Free African Society perform for the sick?
10. What did the governor do about the plague?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)