|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the sloop Amelia come from?
(d) Santo Domingo.
2. How many times a day did Charles Willson Peale fire a musket inside his house?
3. How many died on September 8?
4. What was the name of Clarkson's son who died during the plague?
5. How many people died in two houses on the same street during one week?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the sewers called in Philadelphia?
2. How many French refugees fled a fierce slave rebellion?
3. How often would Catherine LeMaigre vomit?
4. What illness was seen in January of 1793?
5. About how many free blacks lived in Philadelphia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Catherine LeMaigre's symptoms.
2. Why was there a stench originating from Ball's Wharf?
3. Describe the sewer system in Philadelphia.
4. Why were the black nurses criticized?
5. Who decided that a cannon should be fired in the streets of Philadelphia at the end of August?
6. What were the main reasons why people stayed in the city during the plague?
7. What did most doctors in Philadelphia believe caused the sickness?
8. What did Dr. Benjamin Duffield recommend be done to deal with the fever?
9. Who were the first two doctors called to see Catherine LeMaigre?
10. Why didn't anyone notice when eight people died in two houses during one week at the beginning of August?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)