|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did doctors give Catherine LeMaigre to cool her fever?
(a) Cold cloths.
(b) Mercury and the root of a poisonous plant.
(c) Barley water and apple water.
(d) Ice chips.
2. A few days before being called to care for Catherine LeMaigre, which doctor had lost his daughter to the same fever?
(a) Dr. Hodge.
(b) Dr. Rush.
(c) Dr. Foulke.
(d) Dr. Wyatt.
3. How many children did Clarkson have?
4. What were the sewers called in Philadelphia?
5. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many blacks were Jones and Allen in direct contact with who might have helped tend the sick?
2. When was the Free African Society founded?
3. How much money did the black leaders attempt to raise in order to build a new church?
4. How many of his children did Charles Willson Peale shut inside his museum-residence along with himself and his wife?
5. Where did John Bill Ricketts take his circus for the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Benjamin Rush ask the Free African society to help nurse the sick and attend to the dead?
2. Why were conditions so desperate at Bush Hill?
3. Describe Dr. Rush.
4. Why was the Free African Society founded?
5. What were sleeping accommodations like in Germantown?
6. How was yellow fever nearly eradicated in Havana?
7. Why did Dr. Rush continue seeing patients when he had yellow fever himself?
8. Describe Matthew Clarkson's upbringing and career.
9. How did Dr. Jean Deveze treat fever patients?
10. Who was blamed for the yellow fever?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)