|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the doctor who had studied yellow fever, but never seen it?
(a) Dr. Benjamin Rush.
(b) Dr. Samuel Griffitts.
(c) Dr. William Currie.
(d) Dr. Benjamin Duffield.
2. How much money was donated to refugees from Santo Domingo?
3. How many Guardians were in charge of caring for the poor who did not live in the city almshouse?
4. Where did federal department heads move their offices?
5. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the owner of Bush Hill?
2. When did Clarkson ask the physicians from the College of Physicians to come to a meeting about the plague?
3. How many representatives met at the state house on August 27?
4. What did A.B., a contributor to "Dunlap's American Daily Advertiser," find in rainwater barrels?
5. How old was Isaac Heston when the plague struck Philadelphia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Rev. J. Henry C. Helmuth believe that Philadelphia would feel God's displeasure?
2. Describe Dr. Rush.
3. Describe Catherine LeMaigre's symptoms.
4. Why was Mayor Clarkson concerned about the rising number of penniless people in Philadelphia?
5. What was the problem with the French that troubled President Washington?
6. Describe Matthew Clarkson's upbringing and career.
7. Why were the black nurses criticized?
8. What did doctors base their medical thinking upon in the 1700s?
9. What did A.B. recommend be done to curb the fever in Dunlap's American Daily Advertiser?
10. What did the governor do about the plague?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)