|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many watchmen were supposed to watch the streets of Philadelphia at night?
2. How many rooms were there in Bush Hill?
3. When had Dr. Rush seen a similar sickness before?
4. What did physicians call the tiny reddish sores that erupted on individuals who had the plague?
5. What was the nationality of the sailor who had a fever and seizures before he died on August 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote a letter asking the Free African Society to nurse the sick and attend to the dead?
2. How old was Matthew Clarkson when the plague struck Philadelphia?
3. How many people died in two houses on the same street during one week?
4. How many blacks were Jones and Allen in direct contact with who might have helped tend the sick?
5. How much money was donated to refugees from Santo Domingo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was vis medicatrix naturae?
2. Why did the members of the Pennsylvania legislature become fearful two days after they began meeting at the statehouse?
3. Why did it seem that the entire city had collapsed at the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. Why were the black nurses criticized?
5. What did Rev. Helmuth write about visits he made at night to visit the sick?
6. Why were conditions so desperate at Bush Hill?
7. What was the problem with the French that troubled President Washington?
8. Why was Mayor Clarkson concerned about the rising number of penniless people in Philadelphia?
9. Why was there a stench originating from Ball's Wharf?
10. Why didn't anyone notice when eight people died in two houses during one week at the beginning of August?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)