|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many shops were in Philadelphia in 1793?
2. How many representatives met at the state house on August 27?
3. What was Catherine LeMaigre's husband's name?
4. What day of the week were the recommendations published from the College of Physicians?
5. What was the name of the doctor who had studied yellow fever, but never seen it?
(a) Dr. Benjamin Rush.
(b) Dr. William Currie.
(c) Dr. Benjamin Duffield.
(d) Dr. Samuel Griffitts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Clarkson's son who died during the plague?
2. How many people who contracted yellow fever usually died from it?
3. When did George and Martha Washington leave Philadelphia?
4. Who was the speaker of the Senate in 1793?
5. How old was Isaac Heston when the plague struck Philadelphia?
Short Essay Questions
1. In her journal, what did Elizabeth Drinker say about the fever on August 28?
2. What types of services did the Free African Society perform for the sick?
3. Why did Rev. J. Henry C. Helmuth believe that Philadelphia would feel God's displeasure?
4. What did A.B. recommend be done to curb the fever in Dunlap's American Daily Advertiser?
5. What did Dr. Benjamin Duffield recommend be done to deal with the fever?
6. What did most doctors in Philadelphia believe caused the sickness?
7. What was the problem with the French that troubled President Washington?
8. Why was the Free African Society founded?
9. Why did blacks stop worshiping at St. George Methodist Church?
10. Describe Dr. Rush.
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)