|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Louis XVI die?
(a) In a dungeon with no food or water.
(b) Shot by a firing squad.
2. Where did the sloop Amelia come from?
(a) Santo Domingo.
3. What did physicians call the tiny reddish sores that erupted on individuals who had the plague?
4. How many humors did physicians believe there were in the human body?
5. About how many blacks in Philadelphia were slaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did A.B., a contributor to "Dunlap's American Daily Advertiser," find in rainwater barrels?
2. In what boarding house did a sailor die of a fever?
3. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. What day of the week were the recommendations published from the College of Physicians?
5. How many families did Jones and Allen visit in one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of power did the mayor of Philadelphia have?
2. In 1858 when yellow fever struck Manhattan, how was it handled?
3. In her journal, what did Elizabeth Drinker say about the fever on August 28?
4. What did most doctors in Philadelphia believe caused the sickness?
5. Describe Catherine LeMaigre's symptoms.
6. What were sleeping accommodations like in Germantown?
7. What types of services did the Free African Society perform for the sick?
8. What was vis medicatrix naturae?
9. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what were conditions like at Bush Hill?
10. Why did blacks stop worshiping at St. George Methodist Church?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)