|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) City Paper.
(b) The Federal Gazette.
(c) Daily News.
2. How many of his children did Charles Willson Peale shut inside his museum-residence along with himself and his wife?
3. How many families did Jones and Allen visit in one day?
4. When did Clarkson ask the physicians from the College of Physicians to come to a meeting about the plague?
(a) August 19.
(b) August 28.
(c) August 25.
(d) August 14.
5. How many died on September 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lent his house to George and Martha Washington?
2. How many humors did physicians believe there were in the human body?
3. When was the last time that there was a yellow fever epidemic?
4. How many physicians were in Philadelphia in 1793?
5. How much did some nurses begin receiving for tending the sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Catherine LeMaigre's symptoms.
2. Why did blacks stop worshiping at St. George Methodist Church?
3. Why was there a stench originating from Ball's Wharf?
4. Describe Dr. Rush.
5. What did doctors base their medical thinking upon in the 1700s?
6. What business was conducted by the members of the Pennsylvania legislature before they adjourned?
7. Why were there an amazing number of flies and other insects in August 1793?
8. Why didn't anyone notice when eight people died in two houses during one week at the beginning of August?
9. What did most doctors in Philadelphia believe caused the sickness?
10. What did A.B. recommend be done to curb the fever in Dunlap's American Daily Advertiser?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)