|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) City Paper.
(b) Daily News.
(d) The Federal Gazette.
2. To Catherine LeMaigre, what part of her body did she feel as though it was burning up?
3. When had Dr. Rush seen a similar sickness before?
4. After a sailor died in a boarding house, who was the next person to die?
(a) Mr. Denny.
(b) Mr. Peter Aston.
(c) Mrs. Richard Parkinson.
(d) Mr. Moore.
5. How often would Catherine LeMaigre vomit?
(a) Every 15 minutes.
(b) Every 10 minutes or so.
(c) Every couple hours.
(d) About every 30 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what boarding house did a sailor die of a fever?
2. What day of the week did Catherine LeMaigre die?
3. How many rooms were there in Bush Hill?
4. What was the nationality of the sailor who had a fever and seizures before he died on August 3?
5. When did a savage storm hit the city bringing winds and torrents of rain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of medical training did Dr. Benjamin Rush have?
2. What did the volunteers from the Free African Society often find when they entered the homes of fever victims?
3. What did most doctors in Philadelphia believe caused the sickness?
4. What type of power did the mayor of Philadelphia have?
5. Who were the first two doctors called to see Catherine LeMaigre?
6. Why was the Free African Society founded?
7. What did the governor do about the plague?
8. What types of services did the Free African Society perform for the sick?
9. Why was Mayor Clarkson concerned about the rising number of penniless people in Philadelphia?
10. In her journal, what did Elizabeth Drinker say about the fever on August 28?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)