|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many shops were in Philadelphia in 1793?
2. How many died on September 8?
3. How many humors did physicians believe there were in the human body?
4. How much did some nurses begin receiving for tending the sick?
(a) $4-5 a day.
(b) $5-6 a day.
(c) $1-2 a day.
(d) $3-4 a day.
5. How long did George Washington plan to be gone from Philadelphia when he left the city?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 20 days.
(d) 1 month.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
2. How old was Matthew Clarkson when the plague struck Philadelphia?
3. On August 27, how many senators from the Pennsylvania legislature met at the state house?
4. What was Charles Willson Peale's wife's name?
5. How often would Catherine LeMaigre vomit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the problem with the French that troubled President Washington?
2. Why was the Free African Society founded?
3. Who were the first two doctors called to see Catherine LeMaigre?
4. What type of medical training did Dr. Benjamin Rush have?
5. Who decided that a cannon should be fired in the streets of Philadelphia at the end of August?
6. What did A.B. recommend be done to curb the fever in Dunlap's American Daily Advertiser?
7. Why was Mayor Clarkson concerned about the rising number of penniless people in Philadelphia?
8. Describe Catherine LeMaigre's symptoms.
9. What type of power did the mayor of Philadelphia have?
10. What did most doctors in Philadelphia believe caused the sickness?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)