|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many years had doctors been using bloodletting or phlebotomy?
(a) Over 3,000.
(b) More than 2,500.
(c) Nearly 3,500.
(d) About 1,000.
2. How much more did the committee spend than it had received in donations?
3. Who wrote that Death was riding triumphant on a pale horse at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Evan Manning.
(b) Anderson Ryan.
(c) Martin Whitcomb.
(d) Elhanan Winchester.
4. How old was Israel Israel at the time of the plague?
5. How many bleedings did the Free African Society perform?
(c) Over 800.
(d) About 500.
6. What type of church did Reverend Mr. Helmuth pastor?
7. When did Stephen Girard contract a mild case of yellow fever?
8. From Rev.Helmuth's congregation, how many died at the beginning of October?
9. Where was Stephen Girard born?
10. How many times a day would Dr. Rush administer the Ten-and-Ten or Ten-and-Fifteen Treatment?
11. How many patients did Dr. Rush's five assistants each see in one day after Dr. Rush's recovery?
12. When did the Black Plague strike in England?
13. Whose letter did Dr. Rush find in his old medical books about the yellow plagues that had occurred in Virginia about fifty years earlier?
(a) Byant Whitcomb.
(b) John Mitchell.
(c) Charles Neece.
(d) Davis Miller.
14. By the first of September, how many people were jammed into Bush Hill?
(a) About 75.
(b) Nearly 150.
(c) Over 100.
(d) Around 50.
15. When did Dr. Rush realize that he had yellow fever?
(a) September 12.
(b) September 14.
(c) September 18.
(d) September 21.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dr. Rush apply to become a member of the medical faculty?
2. When Israel Israel finally won an election of Pennsylvania state legislature, by how many votes did he win?
3. What state refused to allow a ship from Philadelphia to land and take on water?
4. How many weeks did Henry Knox spend in quarantine?
5. When did Dr. Rush hire a horse-drawn carriage and begin visiting patients after his bout with yellow fever?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)