Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much more did the committee spend than it had received in donations?
2. When did the fever reappear in Philadelphia?
(a) 1798 and 1804.
(b) 1795, 1797, 1799, 1801.
(c) 1796 and 1803.
(d) 1794, 1796, 1797, and 1798.
3. Who wrote that Death was riding triumphant on a pale horse at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Evan Manning.
(b) Martin Whitcomb.
(c) Elhanan Winchester.
(d) Anderson Ryan.
4. How many died from yellow fever on Saturday, October 12?
5. In the 1700s, what was often prescribed to break a slight fever?
(b) Herb tea.
6. When did Dr. Rush realize that he had yellow fever?
(a) September 21.
(b) September 18.
(c) September 12.
(d) September 14.
7. What was the name of a memorable poem written by Philip Freneau?
8. By September 5, how many of Dr. Rush's patients did he claim improved with the Ten-and-Ten treatment?
(a) 29 out of 30.
(b) 3 out of 5.
(c) 15 out of 20.
(d) 8 out of 10.
9. For how many years had doctors been using bloodletting or phlebotomy?
(a) Over 3,000.
(b) More than 2,500.
(c) About 1,000.
(d) Nearly 3,500.
10. During the plague, how many days might it take for a letter to be sent to or from Philadelphia?
(a) 17 days.
(b) 10-14 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 3-6 days.
11. Where did Dolley Payne Todd go during the fever outbreak?
(a) Gray's Ferry.
12. What was the name of Dr. Rush's sister who died during the plague?
13. How much did some whites charge to put a corpse in a coffin and haul it to a waiting wagon?
14. Besides the mayor, how many members were on the illegal special committee formed to run Philadelphia?
15. How old was the servant boy that Dr. Rush trained to open a vein and see the sick?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Black Plague strike in England?
2. Who was the governor of Maryland in 1793?
3. How much did the citizens of Manhattan send to aid Philadelphians?
4. How often had the College of Physicians promised to meet during the plague?
5. In Chapter 6 in a letter to his wife, how many patients did Dr. Rush say that he was learning had died every morning?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)