|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many died from yellow fever on Saturday, October 12?
2. What was the name of a man who lost his entire family, including his wife, to the plague; and then married again?
3. What type of church did Reverend Mr. Helmuth pastor?
4. What was the occupation of a man named Mr. Brooks who reopened his shop on October 31 and died of yellow fever on November 3?
5. When did Dr. Jean Deveze volunteer to work at Bush Hill?
(a) August 31.
(b) August 25.
(c) September 16.
(d) September 1.
6. When was someone hired to design and construct Philadelphia's first waterworks?
7. How often had the College of Physicians promised to meet during the plague?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Every Tuesday.
(c) Every Monday.
(d) Every other week.
8. How many bleedings did the Free African Society perform?
(b) Over 800.
(c) About 500.
9. What decorated houses where people were sick from the yellow fever?
(a) A skull and crossbones.
(b) Small blue stars.
(c) A notice from the city.
(d) Tiny red flags.
10. By September 5, how many of Dr. Rush's patients did he claim improved with the Ten-and-Ten treatment?
(a) 8 out of 10.
(b) 3 out of 5.
(c) 29 out of 30.
(d) 15 out of 20.
11. On what day did the death toll fall below thirty?
(a) November 1.
(b) October 26.
(c) October 31.
(d) November 4.
12. What newspaper was printed occasionally by September?
(a) Philadelphia Chronicle.
(b) Philadelphia Daily Advertiser.
(c) Federal Gazette.
(d) National Gazette.
13. How many died from the plague on October 7?
14. Where did Dr. Rush apply to become a member of the medical faculty?
(b) University of Pennsylvania.
(c) John Hopkins.
(d) Columbia University.
15. When Rush contracted yellow fever again, how many days did he spend confined to bed unable to lift his head?
Short Answer Questions
1. At whose farm was Major Christian Piercy put out of a stagecoach?
2. When Israel Israel finally won an election of Pennsylvania state legislature, by how many votes did he win?
3. In Chapter 6 in a letter to his wife, how many patients did Dr. Rush say that he was learning had died every morning?
4. What ship was seized by one of Genet's hired privateers?
5. How many high-ranking officials of the federal government were within a day's ride of Philadelphia?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)