|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much more did the committee spend than it had received in donations?
2. When did the fever reappear in Philadelphia?
(a) 1794, 1796, 1797, and 1798.
(b) 1795, 1797, 1799, 1801.
(c) 1796 and 1803.
(d) 1798 and 1804.
3. How many bleedings did the Free African Society perform?
(c) About 500.
(d) Over 800.
4. When did President Washington leave Mount Vernon and head north?
(a) October 28.
(b) November 4.
(c) November 12.
(d) October 17.
5. When did Dr. Jean Deveze volunteer to work at Bush Hill?
(a) September 16.
(b) August 25.
(c) September 1.
(d) August 31.
6. During the plague, how many days might it take for a letter to be sent to or from Philadelphia?
(a) 8 days.
(b) 3-6 days.
(c) 10-14 days.
(d) 17 days.
7. How many bundles of shirts and dresses for orphans were sent by the Widow Grubb?
8. Who was hired to design and construct Philadelphia's first waterworks?
(a) Davis Nance.
(b) Gray Peters.
(c) Franklin Rosling.
(d) Benjamin Latrobe.
9. Besides the mayor, how many members were on the illegal special committee formed to run Philadelphia?
10. By the time Dr. Rush contracted yellow fever, how many doctors had died?
11. How many times did it rain in September, 1793?
12. In Chapter 6 in a letter to his wife, how many patients did Dr. Rush say that he was learning had died every morning?
13. How many times a day would Dr. Rush administer the Ten-and-Ten or Ten-and-Fifteen Treatment?
14. On what day did the death toll fall below thirty?
(a) November 4.
(b) October 31.
(c) November 1.
(d) October 26.
15. From Rev.Helmuth's congregation, how many died at the beginning of October?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Stephen Girard contract a mild case of yellow fever?
2. What state refused to allow a ship from Philadelphia to land and take on water?
3. What Revolutionary War hero wrote begging Dr. Rush for his help during the 1797 yellow fever epidemic?
4. What decorated houses where people were sick from the yellow fever?
5. After Dr. Rush's assistants bled him and administered the purge, how many days did it take for him to get back on his feet?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)