|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did President Washington leave Mount Vernon and head north?
(a) October 17.
(b) November 12.
(c) November 4.
(d) October 28.
2. Of what type of church was Reverend John Schmidt a pastor?
3. What state refused to allow a ship from Philadelphia to land and take on water?
(b) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
4. For how many days did Peter Helm and Stephen Girard attend to Bush HIll?
(a) 60 days.
(b) 40 days.
(c) 70 days.
(d) 50 days.
5. How old was Stephen Girard in 1793?
6. Where did Dr. Rush apply to become a member of the medical faculty?
(a) John Hopkins.
(b) Columbia University.
(c) University of Pennsylvania.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 6, about how many persons were ill with the fever?
8. When did Dr. Rush hire a horse-drawn carriage and begin visiting patients after his bout with yellow fever?
(a) September 19.
(b) September 21.
(c) September 23.
(d) September 25.
9. What was the occupation of a man named Mr. Brooks who reopened his shop on October 31 and died of yellow fever on November 3?
10. When did the Black Plague strike in England?
11. How much did the citizens of Manhattan send to aid Philadelphians?
12. When did Dr. Rush realize that he had yellow fever?
(a) September 18.
(b) September 21.
(c) September 14.
(d) September 12.
13. Where was Stephen Girard born?
14. How many bleedings did the Free African Society perform?
(c) Over 800.
(d) About 500.
15. When Israel Israel finally won an election of Pennsylvania state legislature, by how many votes did he win?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did George Washington make a personal inspection of Philadelphia?
2. When did the fever reappear in Philadelphia?
3. On October 17, which committee member wrote in the official minutes that the fever was winning?
4. How old was Israel Israel at the time of the plague?
5. Where did Major Christian Piercy become ill as he fled Philadelphia?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)