|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Dolley Payne Todd go during the fever outbreak?
(b) Gray's Ferry.
2. When did President Washington leave Mount Vernon and head north?
(a) October 28.
(b) November 4.
(c) October 17.
(d) November 12.
3. What was the name of Dr. Rush's sister who died during the plague?
4. When did Stephen Girard contract a mild case of yellow fever?
5. After Dr. Rush's assistants bled him and administered the purge, how many days did it take for him to get back on his feet?
6. How many cords of wood did a subcommittee obtain before winter set in?
7. How much did the citizens of Manhattan send to aid Philadelphians?
8. By the first of September, how many people were jammed into Bush Hill?
(a) Nearly 150.
(b) Around 50.
(c) About 75.
(d) Over 100.
9. Who was the governor of Maryland in 1793?
(a) John David Smythe.
(b) Matthew Vining.
(c) Thomas Sim Lee.
(d) Bryan Andrews.
10. How many times did it rain in September, 1793?
11. How old was Dr. Deveze in 1793?
12. How much did Thomas Jefferson estimate that it cost him to get to Germantown?
13. When did the Black Plague strike in England?
14. What paper did Andrew Brown publish?
(a) Daily News.
(c) National Gazette.
(d) Federal Gazette.
15. Where did Dr. Rush apply to become a member of the medical faculty?
(a) Columbia University.
(b) John Hopkins.
(d) University of Pennsylvania.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did George Washington make a personal inspection of Philadelphia?
2. How much more did the committee spend than it had received in donations?
3. What was the name of William Cobbett's paper?
4. During the plague, how many days might it take for a letter to be sent to or from Philadelphia?
5. When Rush contracted yellow fever again, how many days did he spend confined to bed unable to lift his head?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)