|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Stephen Girard in 1793?
2. How many weeks did Henry Knox spend in quarantine?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
3. By the time Dr. Rush contracted yellow fever, how many doctors had died?
4. What newspaper was printed occasionally by September?
(a) Philadelphia Daily Advertiser.
(b) National Gazette.
(c) Federal Gazette.
(d) Philadelphia Chronicle.
5. How much did Thomas Jefferson estimate that it cost him to get to Germantown?
6. Where was Stephen Girard born?
7. For how many days did Peter Helm and Stephen Girard attend to Bush HIll?
(a) 50 days.
(b) 70 days.
(c) 60 days.
(d) 40 days.
8. When did the Black Plague strike in England?
9. What paper did Andrew Brown publish?
(a) Federal Gazette.
(c) National Gazette.
(d) Daily News.
10. How old was Dr. Deveze in 1793?
11. From Rev.Helmuth's congregation, how many died at the beginning of October?
12. When did Dr. Jean Deveze volunteer to work at Bush Hill?
(a) September 1.
(b) August 31.
(c) August 25.
(d) September 16.
13. How much did the citizens of Manhattan send to aid Philadelphians?
14. Which member of the special committee was in charge of providing food for the city?
(a) Samuel Benge.
(b) Henry Deforest.
(c) James Sharswood.
(d) Israel Israel.
15. At the beginning of Chapter 6, about how many persons were ill with the fever?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of church did Reverend Mr. Helmuth pastor?
2. What decorated houses where people were sick from the yellow fever?
3. When Rush contracted yellow fever again, how many days did he spend confined to bed unable to lift his head?
4. What was the name of a man who lost his entire family, including his wife, to the plague; and then married again?
5. Where was a Philadelphia woman and her black servant tarred and feathered?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)