|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From Rev.Helmuth's congregation, how many died at the beginning of October?
2. After Dr. Rush seemed to be cured of yellow fever, how many patients sought him in a day?
3. How often had the College of Physicians promised to meet during the plague?
(a) Every Monday.
(b) Every Tuesday.
(c) Every other week.
(d) Once a month.
4. When did Dr. Rush hire a horse-drawn carriage and begin visiting patients after his bout with yellow fever?
(a) September 25.
(b) September 19.
(c) September 23.
(d) September 21.
5. How old was Israel Israel at the time of the plague?
6. Where was a Philadelphia woman and her black servant tarred and feathered?
(b) Milford, Delaware.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) Manhattan, New York.
7. What was the name of Dr. Rush's sister who died during the plague?
8. Who was the governor of Maryland in 1793?
(a) John David Smythe.
(b) Matthew Vining.
(c) Thomas Sim Lee.
(d) Bryan Andrews.
9. In Chapter 6 in a letter to his wife, how many patients did Dr. Rush say that he was learning had died every morning?
10. During the plague, how many days might it take for a letter to be sent to or from Philadelphia?
(a) 17 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 3-6 days.
(d) 10-14 days.
11. How many whale oil streetlamps were in Philadelphia in 1793?
12. How much did Thomas Jefferson estimate that it cost him to get to Germantown?
13. How many patients did Dr. Rush's five assistants each see in one day after Dr. Rush's recovery?
14. Where did Major Christian Piercy become ill as he fled Philadelphia?
(a) Near Manhatton.
(d) Outside Camden.
15. After Dr. Rush's assistants bled him and administered the purge, how many days did it take for him to get back on his feet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dolley Payne Todd's husband's name?
2. How many times a day would Dr. Rush administer the Ten-and-Ten or Ten-and-Fifteen Treatment?
3. When did George Washington make a personal inspection of Philadelphia?
4. What was the name of a memorable poem written by Philip Freneau?
5. By the first of September, how many people were jammed into Bush Hill?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)