|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did the citizens of Manhattan send to aid Philadelphians?
2. How many times did it rain in September, 1793?
3. When Rush contracted yellow fever again, how many days did he spend confined to bed unable to lift his head?
4. What was Dolley Payne Todd's husband's name?
5. By the time Dr. Rush contracted yellow fever, how many doctors had died?
6. What was the name of William Cobbett's paper?
(a) The Daily News.
(b) The Porcupine's Gazette.
(c) The Eagle's Courier.
(d) The Daily Prophet.
7. On October 17, which committee member wrote in the official minutes that the fever was winning?
(a) David Bryan.
(b) Caleb Lownes.
(c) Matthew Carey.
(d) John Bordley.
8. What decorated houses where people were sick from the yellow fever?
(a) A notice from the city.
(b) A skull and crossbones.
(c) Small blue stars.
(d) Tiny red flags.
9. At whose farm was Major Christian Piercy put out of a stagecoach?
10. Which member of the special committee was in charge of providing food for the city?
(a) Israel Israel.
(b) Henry Deforest.
(c) James Sharswood.
(d) Samuel Benge.
11. When did Dr. Rush hire a horse-drawn carriage and begin visiting patients after his bout with yellow fever?
(a) September 21.
(b) September 23.
(c) September 19.
(d) September 25.
12. Besides the mayor, how many members were on the illegal special committee formed to run Philadelphia?
13. When did Stephen Girard contract a mild case of yellow fever?
14. After Dr. Rush seemed to be cured of yellow fever, how many patients sought him in a day?
15. How many pounds of blood did Dr. Rush and other doctors at that time believe that the human body held?
Short Answer Questions
1. What paper did Andrew Brown publish?
2. In Chapter 6 in a letter to his wife, how many patients did Dr. Rush say that he was learning had died every morning?
3. Who wrote that Death was riding triumphant on a pale horse at the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. When was someone hired to design and construct Philadelphia's first waterworks?
5. When did the fever reappear in Philadelphia?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)