|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ship was seized by one of Genet's hired privateers?
2. How much did Thomas Jefferson estimate that it cost him to get to Germantown?
3. When did Dr. Rush hire a horse-drawn carriage and begin visiting patients after his bout with yellow fever?
(a) September 21.
(b) September 25.
(c) September 23.
(d) September 19.
4. By the first of September, how many people were jammed into Bush Hill?
(a) Nearly 150.
(b) Over 100.
(c) About 75.
(d) Around 50.
5. What was the name of William Cobbett's paper?
(a) The Porcupine's Gazette.
(b) The Daily Prophet.
(c) The Eagle's Courier.
(d) The Daily News.
6. How many died from the plague on October 7?
7. In what alley did Helmuth find 40 dead?
8. At whose farm was Major Christian Piercy put out of a stagecoach?
9. What was the name of a memorable poem written by Philip Freneau?
10. At the beginning of Chapter 6, about how many persons were ill with the fever?
11. What state refused to allow a ship from Philadelphia to land and take on water?
(b) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
12. Where did Dr. Rush apply to become a member of the medical faculty?
(b) Columbia University.
(c) University of Pennsylvania.
(d) John Hopkins.
13. When did George Washington make a personal inspection of Philadelphia?
(a) November 10.
(b) November 15.
(c) November 1.
(d) November 20.
14. On what day did the death toll fall below thirty?
(a) October 26.
(b) November 1.
(c) October 31.
(d) November 4.
15. How much did some whites charge to put a corpse in a coffin and haul it to a waiting wagon?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the plague, how many days might it take for a letter to be sent to or from Philadelphia?
2. Which member of the special committee was in charge of providing food for the city?
3. Where was a Philadelphia woman and her black servant tarred and feathered?
4. How old was Israel Israel at the time of the plague?
5. What was Dolley Payne Todd's husband's name?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)