|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many weeks did Henry Knox spend in quarantine?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
2. For how many days did Peter Helm and Stephen Girard attend to Bush HIll?
(a) 40 days.
(b) 50 days.
(c) 70 days.
(d) 60 days.
3. How much did the citizens of Manhattan send to aid Philadelphians?
4. What was the name of a man who lost his entire family, including his wife, to the plague; and then married again?
5. How many times a day would Dr. Rush administer the Ten-and-Ten or Ten-and-Fifteen Treatment?
6. How much did a jury award Dr. Rush including court costs when he sued Cobbett for libel?
7. Besides the mayor, how many members were on the illegal special committee formed to run Philadelphia?
8. How many pounds of blood did Dr. Rush and other doctors at that time believe that the human body held?
9. On October 17, which committee member wrote in the official minutes that the fever was winning?
(a) John Bordley.
(b) David Bryan.
(c) Matthew Carey.
(d) Caleb Lownes.
10. From Rev.Helmuth's congregation, how many died at the beginning of October?
11. How many patients did Dr. Rush's five assistants each see in one day after Dr. Rush's recovery?
12. How many whale oil streetlamps were in Philadelphia in 1793?
13. How old was Israel Israel at the time of the plague?
14. When did Dr. Rush realize that he had yellow fever?
(a) September 21.
(b) September 14.
(c) September 18.
(d) September 12.
15. After Dr. Rush seemed to be cured of yellow fever, how many patients sought him in a day?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did President Washington leave Mount Vernon and head north?
2. Of what type of church was Reverend John Schmidt a pastor?
3. On what day did the death toll fall below thirty?
4. How many bleedings did the Free African Society perform?
5. During the plague, how many days might it take for a letter to be sent to or from Philadelphia?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)