|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day did the death toll fall below thirty?
(a) November 4.
(b) October 31.
(c) November 1.
(d) October 26.
2. How many whale oil streetlamps were in Philadelphia in 1793?
3. What was the name of a man who lost his entire family, including his wife, to the plague; and then married again?
4. When did Stephen Girard contract a mild case of yellow fever?
5. By the first of September, how many people were jammed into Bush Hill?
(a) Over 100.
(b) About 75.
(c) Around 50.
(d) Nearly 150.
6. By September 17, how many burials were taking place daily?
7. Which member of the special committee was in charge of providing food for the city?
(a) Israel Israel.
(b) James Sharswood.
(c) Henry Deforest.
(d) Samuel Benge.
8. What was Dolley Payne Todd's husband's name?
9. Who had President Washington put in charge when he left Philadelphia?
(a) James Madison.
(b) John Hancock.
(c) Henry Knox.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
10. By September 5, how many of Dr. Rush's patients did he claim improved with the Ten-and-Ten treatment?
(a) 3 out of 5.
(b) 29 out of 30.
(c) 8 out of 10.
(d) 15 out of 20.
11. After Dr. Rush seemed to be cured of yellow fever, how many patients sought him in a day?
12. At the beginning of Chapter 6, about how many persons were ill with the fever?
13. How many died from yellow fever on Saturday, October 12?
14. Who wrote that Death was riding triumphant on a pale horse at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Elhanan Winchester.
(b) Martin Whitcomb.
(c) Evan Manning.
(d) Anderson Ryan.
15. How much did the citizens of Manhattan send to aid Philadelphians?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rush contracted yellow fever again, how many days did he spend confined to bed unable to lift his head?
2. Where did Dolley Payne Todd go during the fever outbreak?
3. When did President Washington leave Mount Vernon and head north?
4. How many times did it rain in September, 1793?
5. How much more did the committee spend than it had received in donations?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)