|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Israel Israel at the time of the plague?
2. In Chapter 6 in a letter to his wife, how many patients did Dr. Rush say that he was learning had died every morning?
3. How many patients did Dr. Rush's five assistants each see in one day after Dr. Rush's recovery?
4. When did President Washington leave Mount Vernon and head north?
(a) October 28.
(b) November 4.
(c) November 12.
(d) October 17.
5. How many weeks did Henry Knox spend in quarantine?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
6. How much did Thomas Jefferson estimate that it cost him to get to Germantown?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 6, about how many persons were ill with the fever?
8. On what day did the death toll fall below thirty?
(a) October 31.
(b) October 26.
(c) November 1.
(d) November 4.
9. Who had President Washington put in charge when he left Philadelphia?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) John Hancock.
(c) James Madison.
(d) Henry Knox.
10. How much did a jury award Dr. Rush including court costs when he sued Cobbett for libel?
11. When did Dr. Rush hire a horse-drawn carriage and begin visiting patients after his bout with yellow fever?
(a) September 19.
(b) September 23.
(c) September 25.
(d) September 21.
12. After Dr. Rush seemed to be cured of yellow fever, how many patients sought him in a day?
13. What paper did Andrew Brown publish?
(a) Federal Gazette.
(c) National Gazette.
(d) Daily News.
14. For how many years had doctors been using bloodletting or phlebotomy?
(a) About 1,000.
(b) Nearly 3,500.
(c) More than 2,500.
(d) Over 3,000.
15. How old was Dr. Deveze in 1793?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many days did Peter Helm and Stephen Girard attend to Bush HIll?
2. What was the name of William Cobbett's paper?
3. How many whale oil streetlamps were in Philadelphia in 1793?
4. Who was hired to design and construct Philadelphia's first waterworks?
5. What was Dolley Payne Todd's husband's name?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)