|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides the mayor, how many members were on the illegal special committee formed to run Philadelphia?
2. What was Dolley Payne Todd's husband's name?
3. For how many days did Peter Helm and Stephen Girard attend to Bush HIll?
(a) 70 days.
(b) 50 days.
(c) 60 days.
(d) 40 days.
4. In Chapter 6 in a letter to his wife, how many patients did Dr. Rush say that he was learning had died every morning?
5. In what alley did Helmuth find 40 dead?
6. Who had President Washington put in charge when he left Philadelphia?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Henry Knox.
(c) James Madison.
(d) John Hancock.
7. How many cords of wood did a subcommittee obtain before winter set in?
8. After Dr. Rush's assistants bled him and administered the purge, how many days did it take for him to get back on his feet?
9. What Revolutionary War hero wrote begging Dr. Rush for his help during the 1797 yellow fever epidemic?
(a) Thaddeus Kosciusko.
(b) Crispus Attucks.
(c) Haym Solomon.
(d) Adam Monroe.
10. From Rev.Helmuth's congregation, how many died at the beginning of October?
11. Who wrote that Death was riding triumphant on a pale horse at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Martin Whitcomb.
(b) Evan Manning.
(c) Elhanan Winchester.
(d) Anderson Ryan.
12. When Israel Israel finally won an election of Pennsylvania state legislature, by how many votes did he win?
13. During the plague, how many days might it take for a letter to be sent to or from Philadelphia?
(a) 3-6 days.
(b) 17 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 10-14 days.
14. How old was the servant boy that Dr. Rush trained to open a vein and see the sick?
15. How many bundles of shirts and dresses for orphans were sent by the Widow Grubb?
Short Answer Questions
1. What paper did Andrew Brown publish?
2. Where did Major Christian Piercy become ill as he fled Philadelphia?
3. When did the Black Plague strike in England?
4. When did the fever reappear in Philadelphia?
5. How many bleedings did the Free African Society perform?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)