|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much more did the committee spend than it had received in donations?
2. Where did Major Christian Piercy become ill as he fled Philadelphia?
(a) Near Manhatton.
(b) Outside Camden.
3. When did Stephen Girard contract a mild case of yellow fever?
4. After Dr. Rush seemed to be cured of yellow fever, how many patients sought him in a day?
5. Where was a Philadelphia woman and her black servant tarred and feathered?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) Milford, Delaware.
(d) Manhattan, New York.
6. During the plague, how many days might it take for a letter to be sent to or from Philadelphia?
(a) 8 days.
(b) 10-14 days.
(c) 17 days.
(d) 3-6 days.
7. Where did Thomas Jefferson and George Washington meet as they traveled toward Philadelphia?
8. How old was Israel Israel at the time of the plague?
9. How many died from yellow fever on Saturday, October 12?
10. How many patients did Dr. Rush's five assistants each see in one day after Dr. Rush's recovery?
11. When did the fever reappear in Philadelphia?
(a) 1795, 1797, 1799, 1801.
(b) 1798 and 1804.
(c) 1794, 1796, 1797, and 1798.
(d) 1796 and 1803.
12. What was the name of a man who lost his entire family, including his wife, to the plague; and then married again?
13. Who was the governor of Maryland in 1793?
(a) Bryan Andrews.
(b) Thomas Sim Lee.
(c) John David Smythe.
(d) Matthew Vining.
14. On October 17, which committee member wrote in the official minutes that the fever was winning?
(a) John Bordley.
(b) Caleb Lownes.
(c) Matthew Carey.
(d) David Bryan.
15. What was the occupation of a man named Mr. Brooks who reopened his shop on October 31 and died of yellow fever on November 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pounds of blood did Dr. Rush and other doctors at that time believe that the human body held?
2. Of what type of church was Reverend John Schmidt a pastor?
3. What newspaper was printed occasionally by September?
4. From Rev.Helmuth's congregation, how many died at the beginning of October?
5. What type of church did Reverend Mr. Helmuth pastor?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)