|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often had the College of Physicians promised to meet during the plague?
(a) Every Monday.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Every Tuesday.
(d) Every other week.
2. What was the name of Dr. Rush's sister who died during the plague?
3. When did Dr. Rush realize that he had yellow fever?
(a) September 12.
(b) September 14.
(c) September 21.
(d) September 18.
4. By the time Dr. Rush contracted yellow fever, how many doctors had died?
5. When did Dr. Jean Deveze volunteer to work at Bush Hill?
(a) September 16.
(b) August 25.
(c) September 1.
(d) August 31.
6. When did President Washington leave Mount Vernon and head north?
(a) November 4.
(b) November 12.
(c) October 28.
(d) October 17.
7. When Israel Israel finally won an election of Pennsylvania state legislature, by how many votes did he win?
8. On what day did the death toll fall below thirty?
(a) October 31.
(b) November 4.
(c) October 26.
(d) November 1.
9. Who had President Washington put in charge when he left Philadelphia?
(a) Henry Knox.
(b) James Madison.
(c) John Hancock.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
10. When was someone hired to design and construct Philadelphia's first waterworks?
11. How many times a day would Dr. Rush administer the Ten-and-Ten or Ten-and-Fifteen Treatment?
12. How many weeks did Henry Knox spend in quarantine?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 weeks.
13. How many whale oil streetlamps were in Philadelphia in 1793?
14. How many died from yellow fever on Saturday, October 12?
15. For how many years had doctors been using bloodletting or phlebotomy?
(a) Over 3,000.
(b) Nearly 3,500.
(c) More than 2,500.
(d) About 1,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Dr. Rush seemed to be cured of yellow fever, how many patients sought him in a day?
2. What was the name of William Cobbett's paper?
3. When Rush contracted yellow fever again, how many days did he spend confined to bed unable to lift his head?
4. How old was Stephen Girard in 1793?
5. From Rev.Helmuth's congregation, how many died at the beginning of October?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)