|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Dr. Currie's book about Philadelphia's plague?
(a) 64 pages.
(b) 89 pages.
(c) 112 pages.
(d) 25 pages.
2. When Israel Israel finally won an election of Pennsylvania state legislature, by how many votes did he win?
3. How old was the servant boy that Dr. Rush trained to open a vein and see the sick?
4. What state refused to allow a ship from Philadelphia to land and take on water?
(c) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
5. How many pounds of blood did Dr. Rush and other doctors at that time believe that the human body held?
6. How many patients did Dr. Rush's five assistants each see in one day after Dr. Rush's recovery?
7. What paper did Andrew Brown publish?
(a) National Gazette.
(b) Daily News.
(d) Federal Gazette.
8. Besides the mayor, how many members were on the illegal special committee formed to run Philadelphia?
9. How old was Dr. Deveze in 1793?
10. What type of church did Reverend Mr. Helmuth pastor?
11. When did Dr. Rush hire a horse-drawn carriage and begin visiting patients after his bout with yellow fever?
(a) September 21.
(b) September 23.
(c) September 25.
(d) September 19.
12. Where did Dr. Rush apply to become a member of the medical faculty?
(b) Columbia University.
(c) University of Pennsylvania.
(d) John Hopkins.
13. For how many days did Peter Helm and Stephen Girard attend to Bush HIll?
(a) 40 days.
(b) 60 days.
(c) 70 days.
(d) 50 days.
14. How much did Thomas Jefferson estimate that it cost him to get to Germantown?
15. From Rev.Helmuth's congregation, how many died at the beginning of October?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Dr. Rush's sister who died during the plague?
2. How often had the College of Physicians promised to meet during the plague?
3. By September 5, how many of Dr. Rush's patients did he claim improved with the Ten-and-Ten treatment?
4. How many bleedings did the Free African Society perform?
5. When did the fever reappear in Philadelphia?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)