Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many humors did physicians believe there were in the human body?
2. What type of church did Rev. J. Henry C. Helmuth pastor?
3. How old was Catherine LeMaigre when she became ill?
4. When did Matthew Clarkson become mayor of Philadelphia?
5. What did many people sprinkle around their rooms after whitewashing them?
(a) Baking soda.
6. How many families did Jones and Allen visit in one day?
7. According to Dr. Hodge, where did the first deaths from the fever happen?
(a) 4th St.
(b) 13th St.
(c) On or near Main St.
(d) On or near Water St.
8. Who was the owner of Bush Hill?
(a) William Hamilton.
(b) David Browning.
(c) Robert Ashworth.
(d) George Smythe.
9. When was the last time that there was a yellow fever epidemic?
10. About how many free blacks lived in Philadelphia?
11. What was Charles Willson Peale's wife's name?
12. How old was Benjamin Rush in 1793?
13. How much money was donated to refugees from Santo Domingo?
14. When was the Free African Society founded?
15. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) August 18.
(b) September 12.
(c) September 5.
(d) August 31.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did John Bill Ricketts take his circus for the summer?
2. What were the sewers called in Philadelphia?
3. Where was the militia company stationed that shot off a cannon in Chapter 4?
4. To Catherine LeMaigre, what part of her body did she feel as though it was burning up?
5. How often would Catherine LeMaigre vomit?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)