|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
2. In which direction were the swamps near Philadelphia that had lost water due to the intense heat?
3. How many people lived in Philadelphia in 1793?
4. How many Guardians were in charge of caring for the poor who did not live in the city almshouse?
5. What was Charles Willson Peale's wife's name?
6. When was a portrait of Absalom Jones painted by Raphaelle?
7. When was the Free African Society founded?
8. About how many blacks in Philadelphia were slaves?
9. How old was Matthew Clarkson when the plague struck Philadelphia?
10. How many representatives met at the state house on August 27?
11. How much money did the black leaders attempt to raise in order to build a new church?
12. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(b) The Federal Gazette.
(c) City Paper.
(d) Daily News.
13. A few days before being called to care for Catherine LeMaigre, which doctor had lost his daughter to the same fever?
(a) Dr. Rush.
(b) Dr. Foulke.
(c) Dr. Hodge.
(d) Dr. Wyatt.
14. How many physicians were in Philadelphia in 1793?
15. What day of the week were the recommendations published from the College of Physicians?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dr. Hodge, where did the first deaths from the fever happen?
2. What did A.B., a contributor to "Dunlap's American Daily Advertiser," find in rainwater barrels?
3. Where was the militia company stationed that shot off a cannon in Chapter 4?
4. How many humors did physicians believe there were in the human body?
5. What was the name of Clarkson's son who died during the plague?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)