|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
2. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) The Federal Gazette.
(c) Daily News.
(d) City Paper.
3. Where was the city almshouse located?
(a) Ashton St.
(b) Main St.
(c) Spruce St.
(d) Water St.
4. About how many blacks in Philadelphia were slaves?
5. Who was the speaker of the Senate in 1793?
(a) John Whitcomb.
(b) Samuel Powel.
(c) Jason Manning.
(d) Mason Brighting.
6. Who lent his house to George and Martha Washington?
(a) Matthew Clarkson
(b) Robert Morris.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Benjamin Rush.
7. How many people died in two houses on the same street during one week?
8. When did a savage storm hit the city bringing winds and torrents of rain?
(a) August 29.
(b) August 25.
(c) August 30.
(d) August 21.
9. How many watchmen were supposed to watch the streets of Philadelphia at night?
10. Who wrote a letter asking the Free African Society to nurse the sick and attend to the dead?
(a) Richard Allen.
(b) Benjamin Rush.
(c) Absalom Jones.
(d) Matthew Clarkson.
11. How many people lived in Philadelphia in 1793?
12. How many died on September 8?
13. Who was the owner of Bush Hill?
(a) David Browning.
(b) Robert Ashworth.
(c) William Hamilton.
(d) George Smythe.
14. How many of his children did Charles Willson Peale shut inside his museum-residence along with himself and his wife?
15. What were the sewers called in Philadelphia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
2. Where did federal department heads move their offices?
3. Who was the governor of Pennsylvania in 1793?
4. What was Catherine LeMaigre's husband's name?
5. How often would Catherine LeMaigre vomit?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)