|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what boarding house did a sailor die of a fever?
(a) Maggie MacPherson's.
(b) William Wright's.
(c) Richard Denny's.
(d) Sarah Smythe's.
2. What were the sewers called in Philadelphia?
3. What did physicians call the tiny reddish sores that erupted on individuals who had the plague?
4. What was Catherine LeMaigre's husband's name?
5. How many French refugees fled a fierce slave rebellion?
6. What did A.B., a contributor to "Dunlap's American Daily Advertiser," find in rainwater barrels?
(c) Dead dogs.
(d) Dead cats.
7. What church in Philadelphia had been built with the help of blacks?
(a) St. George Methodist Church.
(b) St. Thomas Episcopal Church.
(c) St. Peter Episcopal Church.
(d) St. John Episcopal Church.
8. How many representatives met at the state house on August 27?
9. Where did Jones and Allen discover a house where the mother was dead, the father was dying, and the children were huddled together, frightened and hungry?
(a) Main St.
(b) Beckett's Allley.
(c) Water St.
(d) Emsley's Alley.
10. How old was Benjamin Rush in 1793?
11. Who was the speaker of the Senate in 1793?
(a) Samuel Powel.
(b) Mason Brighting.
(c) Jason Manning.
(d) John Whitcomb.
12. How many rooms were there in Bush Hill?
13. When had Dr. Rush seen a similar sickness before?
14. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) July 15.
(b) July 31.
(c) August 1.
(d) August 3.
15. What day of the week did Catherine LeMaigre die?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Free African Society founded?
2. How many blacks were Jones and Allen in direct contact with who might have helped tend the sick?
3. How many died on September 8?
4. What cargo did the sloop Amelia bring to Philadelphia?
5. How much money did the black leaders attempt to raise in order to build a new church?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)