|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money was donated to refugees from Santo Domingo?
2. What year was a French watercolor done to show a yellow fever victim in the early stages of the illness?
3. How many people who contracted yellow fever usually died from it?
(a) 50 percent.
(b) 10 percent.
(c) 75 percent.
(d) 25 percent.
4. How many children did Clarkson have?
5. About how many free blacks lived in Philadelphia?
6. What did A.B., a contributor to "Dunlap's American Daily Advertiser," find in rainwater barrels?
(b) Dead cats.
(d) Dead dogs.
7. Where was the city almshouse located?
(a) Main St.
(b) Water St.
(c) Ashton St.
(d) Spruce St.
8. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
9. When did George and Martha Washington leave Philadelphia?
(a) September 10.
(b) September 21.
(c) September 30.
(d) August 23.
10. How many people died in two houses on the same street during one week?
11. In 1793, what percent of Philadelphia's black worked as live-in domestic workers?
(a) Over 50%.
(c) About 35%.
12. About how many blacks in Philadelphia were slaves?
13. How much money did the black leaders attempt to raise in order to build a new church?
14. How often would Catherine LeMaigre vomit?
(a) Every 10 minutes or so.
(b) Every couple hours.
(c) About every 30 minutes.
(d) Every 15 minutes.
15. What was Catherine LeMaigre's husband's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lent his house to George and Martha Washington?
2. How many shops were in Philadelphia in 1793?
3. How old was Isaac Heston when the plague struck Philadelphia?
4. How many Overseers were in charge of managing the city almshouse?
5. What type of church did Rev. J. Henry C. Helmuth pastor?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)