|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many blacks were Jones and Allen in direct contact with who might have helped tend the sick?
2. Where did Jones and Allen discover a house where the mother was dead, the father was dying, and the children were huddled together, frightened and hungry?
(a) Main St.
(b) Water St.
(c) Emsley's Alley.
(d) Beckett's Allley.
3. What was the name of Clarkson's son who died during the plague?
4. When did Clarkson ask the physicians from the College of Physicians to come to a meeting about the plague?
(a) August 28.
(b) August 25.
(c) August 14.
(d) August 19.
5. What cargo did the sloop Amelia bring to Philadelphia?
6. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) August 3.
(b) August 1.
(c) July 31.
(d) July 15.
7. Where was the city almshouse located?
(a) Water St.
(b) Ashton St.
(c) Spruce St.
(d) Main St.
8. What illness was seen in January of 1793?
(a) Scarlet fever.
9. What were the sewers called in Philadelphia?
10. When did George and Martha Washington leave Philadelphia?
(a) September 30.
(b) September 10.
(c) August 23.
(d) September 21.
11. What church in Philadelphia had been built with the help of blacks?
(a) St. George Methodist Church.
(b) St. Peter Episcopal Church.
(c) St. Thomas Episcopal Church.
(d) St. John Episcopal Church.
12. To Catherine LeMaigre, what part of her body did she feel as though it was burning up?
13. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
14. How old was Benjamin Rush in 1793?
15. How often would Catherine LeMaigre vomit?
(a) Every 15 minutes.
(b) About every 30 minutes.
(c) Every 10 minutes or so.
(d) Every couple hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what part of the state house building were the rooms of Joseph Fry, the doorkeeper who died from the fever?
2. How many died on September 8?
3. When did Matthew Clarkson become mayor of Philadelphia?
4. A few days before being called to care for Catherine LeMaigre, which doctor had lost his daughter to the same fever?
5. How many shops were in Philadelphia in 1793?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)