|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week did Catherine LeMaigre die?
2. In 1793, what percent of Philadelphia's black worked as live-in domestic workers?
(a) About 35%.
(c) Over 50%.
3. What was the name of one of the rivers that was drying up near Philadelphia?
4. How long had medical professionals believed that disease was caused by body humors being out of balance?
(a) 700 years.
(b) 500 years.
(c) 2,500 years.
(d) 3,000 years.
5. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
6. What type of church did Rev. J. Henry C. Helmuth pastor?
7. What church in Philadelphia had been built with the help of blacks?
(a) St. John Episcopal Church.
(b) St. George Methodist Church.
(c) St. Thomas Episcopal Church.
(d) St. Peter Episcopal Church.
8. How many blacks were Jones and Allen in direct contact with who might have helped tend the sick?
9. How did Louis XVI die?
(b) Shot by a firing squad.
(c) In a dungeon with no food or water.
10. In which direction were the swamps near Philadelphia that had lost water due to the intense heat?
11. After a sailor died in a boarding house, who was the next person to die?
(a) Mr. Moore.
(b) Mr. Peter Aston.
(c) Mr. Denny.
(d) Mrs. Richard Parkinson.
12. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) September 5.
(b) August 31.
(c) September 12.
(d) August 18.
13. When was the last time that there was a yellow fever epidemic?
14. On August 27, how many senators from the Pennsylvania legislature met at the state house?
15. How many watchmen were supposed to watch the streets of Philadelphia at night?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Catherine LeMaigre when she became ill?
2. What was Charles Willson Peale's wife's name?
3. How many physicians were in Philadelphia in 1793?
4. When did Matthew Clarkson become mayor of Philadelphia?
5. What was the name of the doctor who had studied yellow fever, but never seen it?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)