|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had medical professionals believed that disease was caused by body humors being out of balance?
(a) 3,000 years.
(b) 500 years.
(c) 2,500 years.
(d) 700 years.
2. How old was Isaac Heston when the plague struck Philadelphia?
3. What type of church did Rev. J. Henry C. Helmuth pastor?
4. How much money did the black leaders attempt to raise in order to build a new church?
5. How many children did Clarkson have?
6. Where was the militia company stationed that shot off a cannon in Chapter 4?
(a) Fort Mifflin.
(b) Fort Allen.
(c) Fort Ligonier.
(d) Fort Gaddis.
7. How did Louis XVI die?
(a) Shot by a firing squad.
(d) In a dungeon with no food or water.
8. How many watchmen were supposed to watch the streets of Philadelphia at night?
9. Where did Jones and Allen discover a house where the mother was dead, the father was dying, and the children were huddled together, frightened and hungry?
(a) Main St.
(b) Beckett's Allley.
(c) Emsley's Alley.
(d) Water St.
10. When was a portrait of Absalom Jones painted by Raphaelle?
11. After a sailor died in a boarding house, who was the next person to die?
(a) Mr. Moore.
(b) Mrs. Richard Parkinson.
(c) Mr. Peter Aston.
(d) Mr. Denny.
12. Where did John Bill Ricketts take his circus for the summer?
(a) Rhode Island.
13. What cargo did the sloop Amelia bring to Philadelphia?
14. To Catherine LeMaigre, what part of her body did she feel as though it was burning up?
15. About how many blacks in Philadelphia were slaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money was donated to refugees from Santo Domingo?
2. What did A.B., a contributor to "Dunlap's American Daily Advertiser," find in rainwater barrels?
3. How many died on September 8?
4. How often would Catherine LeMaigre vomit?
5. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)