|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many representatives met at the state house on August 27?
2. How many humors did physicians believe there were in the human body?
3. A few days before being called to care for Catherine LeMaigre, which doctor had lost his daughter to the same fever?
(a) Dr. Hodge.
(b) Dr. Foulke.
(c) Dr. Rush.
(d) Dr. Wyatt.
4. Where was Dr. Rush's wife that summer of 1793?
5. In which direction were the swamps near Philadelphia that had lost water due to the intense heat?
6. What was the name of one of the rivers that was drying up near Philadelphia?
7. What doctor wrote about the disgusting aspects of the vomit that spewed from fever victims?
(a) Walter Reed.
(b) William Lewis.
(c) Isaac Cathrall.
(d) Benjamin Rush.
8. Where did federal department heads move their offices?
9. How many people died in two houses on the same street during one week?
10. How many blacks were Jones and Allen in direct contact with who might have helped tend the sick?
11. In what part of the state house building were the rooms of Joseph Fry, the doorkeeper who died from the fever?
12. What illness was seen in January of 1793?
(b) Scarlet fever.
13. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) The Federal Gazette.
(c) City Paper.
(d) Daily News.
14. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
15. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) August 3.
(b) August 1.
(c) July 15.
(d) July 31.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many French refugees fled a fierce slave rebellion?
2. What was Charles Willson Peale's wife's name?
3. How old was Catherine LeMaigre when she became ill?
4. Where did the sloop Amelia come from?
5. What cargo did the sloop Amelia bring to Philadelphia?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)