|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many blacks in Philadelphia were slaves?
2. How much money was donated to refugees from Santo Domingo?
3. What day of the week were the recommendations published from the College of Physicians?
4. In what part of the state house building were the rooms of Joseph Fry, the doorkeeper who died from the fever?
5. How many shops were in Philadelphia in 1793?
6. How long had medical professionals believed that disease was caused by body humors being out of balance?
(a) 700 years.
(b) 500 years.
(c) 2,500 years.
(d) 3,000 years.
7. In what boarding house did a sailor die of a fever?
(a) Maggie MacPherson's.
(b) Sarah Smythe's.
(c) Richard Denny's.
(d) William Wright's.
8. What was Charles Willson Peale's wife's name?
9. Where was the city almshouse located?
(a) Water St.
(b) Ashton St.
(c) Spruce St.
(d) Main St.
10. In which direction were the swamps near Philadelphia that had lost water due to the intense heat?
11. How many people who contracted yellow fever usually died from it?
(a) 50 percent.
(b) 25 percent.
(c) 10 percent.
(d) 75 percent.
12. How many French refugees fled a fierce slave rebellion?
13. When was the last time that there was a yellow fever epidemic?
14. How did Louis XVI die?
(b) In a dungeon with no food or water.
(d) Shot by a firing squad.
15. When did a savage storm hit the city bringing winds and torrents of rain?
(a) August 25.
(b) August 21.
(c) August 29.
(d) August 30.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Overseers were in charge of managing the city almshouse?
2. When did George and Martha Washington leave Philadelphia?
3. How long did George Washington plan to be gone from Philadelphia when he left the city?
4. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
5. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)