|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the owner of Bush Hill?
(a) Robert Ashworth.
(b) William Hamilton.
(c) David Browning.
(d) George Smythe.
2. How many humors did physicians believe there were in the human body?
3. Where did John Bill Ricketts take his circus for the summer?
(a) Rhode Island.
4. In which direction were the swamps near Philadelphia that had lost water due to the intense heat?
5. How old was Matthew Clarkson when the plague struck Philadelphia?
6. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) September 5.
(b) August 31.
(c) September 12.
(d) August 18.
7. What was Charles Willson Peale's wife's name?
8. What was the name of the doctor who had studied yellow fever, but never seen it?
(a) Dr. William Currie.
(b) Dr. Samuel Griffitts.
(c) Dr. Benjamin Rush.
(d) Dr. Benjamin Duffield.
9. After a sailor died in a boarding house, who was the next person to die?
(a) Mr. Peter Aston.
(b) Mr. Moore.
(c) Mrs. Richard Parkinson.
(d) Mr. Denny.
10. Where was Dr. Rush's wife that summer of 1793?
11. What year was a French watercolor done to show a yellow fever victim in the early stages of the illness?
12. To Catherine LeMaigre, what part of her body did she feel as though it was burning up?
13. How much did some nurses begin receiving for tending the sick?
(a) $3-4 a day.
(b) $4-5 a day.
(c) $5-6 a day.
(d) $1-2 a day.
14. Where was the militia company stationed that shot off a cannon in Chapter 4?
(a) Fort Allen.
(b) Fort Gaddis.
(c) Fort Mifflin.
(d) Fort Ligonier.
15. How many people died in two houses on the same street during one week?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Catherine LeMaigre when she became ill?
2. In what part of the state house building were the rooms of Joseph Fry, the doorkeeper who died from the fever?
3. Where did federal department heads move their offices?
4. How many groups in Philadelphia stepped forward and offered to help with the sick and deceased?
5. How many representatives met at the state house on August 27?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)