|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
2. What was the name of Clarkson's son who died during the plague?
3. How many blacks were Jones and Allen in direct contact with who might have helped tend the sick?
4. What day of the week did Catherine LeMaigre die?
5. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) August 18.
(b) September 5.
(c) August 31.
(d) September 12.
6. How many French refugees fled a fierce slave rebellion?
7. Where was the militia company stationed that shot off a cannon in Chapter 4?
(a) Fort Mifflin.
(b) Fort Ligonier.
(c) Fort Gaddis.
(d) Fort Allen.
8. When had Dr. Rush seen a similar sickness before?
9. A few days before being called to care for Catherine LeMaigre, which doctor had lost his daughter to the same fever?
(a) Dr. Hodge.
(b) Dr. Foulke.
(c) Dr. Rush.
(d) Dr. Wyatt.
10. What were the sewers called in Philadelphia?
11. About how many free blacks lived in Philadelphia?
12. On August 27, how many senators from the Pennsylvania legislature met at the state house?
13. How many times a day did Charles Willson Peale fire a musket inside his house?
14. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) August 3.
(b) July 15.
(c) July 31.
(d) August 1.
15. What was Charles Willson Peale's wife's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the average yearly income in Philadelphia in 1793?
2. What was the name of the second-year medical student who volunteered to help at Bush Hill?
3. What was the nationality of the sailor who had a fever and seizures before he died on August 3?
4. How old was Catherine LeMaigre when she became ill?
5. Where was the city almshouse located?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)