|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dr. Hodge, where did the first deaths from the fever happen?
(a) On or near Water St.
(b) On or near Main St.
(c) 13th St.
(d) 4th St.
2. On August 27, how many senators from the Pennsylvania legislature met at the state house?
3. Where did federal department heads move their offices?
4. What were the sewers called in Philadelphia?
5. How much money was donated to refugees from Santo Domingo?
6. How many people died in two houses on the same street during one week?
7. Who was the governor of Pennsylvania in 1793?
8. In what boarding house did a sailor die of a fever?
(a) Richard Denny's.
(b) Sarah Smythe's.
(c) Maggie MacPherson's.
(d) William Wright's.
9. After a sailor died in a boarding house, who was the next person to die?
(a) Mr. Moore.
(b) Mr. Peter Aston.
(c) Mr. Denny.
(d) Mrs. Richard Parkinson.
10. How many blacks were Jones and Allen in direct contact with who might have helped tend the sick?
11. How many physicians were in Philadelphia in 1793?
12. What was Charles Willson Peale's wife's name?
13. When did George and Martha Washington leave Philadelphia?
(a) September 10.
(b) September 30.
(c) August 23.
(d) September 21.
14. What day of the week did Catherine LeMaigre die?
15. Who was the speaker of the Senate in 1793?
(a) Samuel Powel.
(b) Jason Manning.
(c) Mason Brighting.
(d) John Whitcomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did John Bill Ricketts take his circus for the summer?
2. When did a savage storm hit the city bringing winds and torrents of rain?
3. What type of church did Rev. J. Henry C. Helmuth pastor?
4. How many children did Clarkson have?
5. When was the last time that there was a yellow fever epidemic?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)