|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Clarkson's son who died during the plague?
2. How many rooms were there in Bush Hill?
3. What did physicians call the tiny reddish sores that erupted on individuals who had the plague?
4. How many groups in Philadelphia stepped forward and offered to help with the sick and deceased?
5. Who lent his house to George and Martha Washington?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Matthew Clarkson
(c) Robert Morris.
(d) Benjamin Rush.
6. On August 27, how many senators from the Pennsylvania legislature met at the state house?
7. How many children did Clarkson have?
8. A few days before being called to care for Catherine LeMaigre, which doctor had lost his daughter to the same fever?
(a) Dr. Foulke.
(b) Dr. Hodge.
(c) Dr. Wyatt.
(d) Dr. Rush.
9. Where was Dr. Rush's wife that summer of 1793?
10. How much money was donated to refugees from Santo Domingo?
11. Where did Jones and Allen discover a house where the mother was dead, the father was dying, and the children were huddled together, frightened and hungry?
(a) Water St.
(b) Main St.
(c) Emsley's Alley.
(d) Beckett's Allley.
12. When had Dr. Rush seen a similar sickness before?
13. How many Guardians were in charge of caring for the poor who did not live in the city almshouse?
14. How many representatives met at the state house on August 27?
15. How many people lived in Philadelphia in 1793?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people died in two houses on the same street during one week?
2. When did Clarkson ask the physicians from the College of Physicians to come to a meeting about the plague?
3. What cargo did the sloop Amelia bring to Philadelphia?
4. How many people who contracted yellow fever usually died from it?
5. Who wrote a letter asking the Free African Society to nurse the sick and attend to the dead?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)