|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did George and Martha Washington leave Philadelphia?
(a) September 21.
(b) September 30.
(c) September 10.
(d) August 23.
2. What was the name of the second-year medical student who volunteered to help at Bush Hill?
(a) Edward Franklin.
(b) Mason Davidson.
(c) Isaac Hayes.
(d) Charles Caldwell.
3. After a sailor died in a boarding house, who was the next person to die?
(a) Mrs. Richard Parkinson.
(b) Mr. Denny.
(c) Mr. Moore.
(d) Mr. Peter Aston.
4. How many children did Clarkson have?
5. How many Guardians were in charge of caring for the poor who did not live in the city almshouse?
6. In which direction were the swamps near Philadelphia that had lost water due to the intense heat?
7. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) August 31.
(b) September 5.
(c) August 18.
(d) September 12.
8. What did many people sprinkle around their rooms after whitewashing them?
(b) Baking soda.
9. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
10. How many shops were in Philadelphia in 1793?
11. A few days before being called to care for Catherine LeMaigre, which doctor had lost his daughter to the same fever?
(a) Dr. Wyatt.
(b) Dr. Foulke.
(c) Dr. Rush.
(d) Dr. Hodge.
12. In 1793, what percent of Philadelphia's black worked as live-in domestic workers?
(a) About 35%.
(c) Over 50%.
13. What was the largest city in North America in 1793?
(a) New York.
14. What was the nationality of the sailor who had a fever and seizures before he died on August 3?
15. How many humors did physicians believe there were in the human body?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lent his house to George and Martha Washington?
2. When did Clarkson ask the physicians from the College of Physicians to come to a meeting about the plague?
3. What were the sewers called in Philadelphia?
4. How many of his children did Charles Willson Peale shut inside his museum-residence along with himself and his wife?
5. How many times a day did Charles Willson Peale fire a musket inside his house?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)