|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the governor of Pennsylvania in 1793?
2. What was Catherine LeMaigre's husband's name?
3. Where did the sloop Amelia come from?
(b) Santo Domingo.
4. In 1793, what percent of Philadelphia's black worked as live-in domestic workers?
(b) Over 50%.
(d) About 35%.
5. How old was Matthew Clarkson when the plague struck Philadelphia?
6. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) July 31.
(b) August 1.
(c) August 3.
(d) July 15.
7. About how many free blacks lived in Philadelphia?
8. What cargo did the sloop Amelia bring to Philadelphia?
9. What was Charles Willson Peale's wife's name?
10. What was the name of the second-year medical student who volunteered to help at Bush Hill?
(a) Charles Caldwell.
(b) Mason Davidson.
(c) Edward Franklin.
(d) Isaac Hayes.
11. How many shops were in Philadelphia in 1793?
12. What did A.B., a contributor to "Dunlap's American Daily Advertiser," find in rainwater barrels?
(b) Dead dogs.
(d) Dead cats.
13. How old was Catherine LeMaigre when she became ill?
14. What type of church did Rev. J. Henry C. Helmuth pastor?
15. How many people who contracted yellow fever usually died from it?
(a) 25 percent.
(b) 10 percent.
(c) 75 percent.
(d) 50 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did a savage storm hit the city bringing winds and torrents of rain?
2. When was the Free African Society founded?
3. What church in Philadelphia had been built with the help of blacks?
4. How often would Catherine LeMaigre vomit?
5. How long did George Washington plan to be gone from Philadelphia when he left the city?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)