|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Dr. Rush's wife that summer of 1793?
2. What was the name of Clarkson's son who died during the plague?
3. When was the last time that there was a yellow fever epidemic?
4. When was a portrait of Absalom Jones painted by Raphaelle?
5. In 1793, what percent of Philadelphia's black worked as live-in domestic workers?
(b) About 35%.
(d) Over 50%.
6. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) July 15.
(b) July 31.
(c) August 3.
(d) August 1.
7. Where was the city almshouse located?
(a) Spruce St.
(b) Water St.
(c) Main St.
(d) Ashton St.
8. What was the name of the second-year medical student who volunteered to help at Bush Hill?
(a) Charles Caldwell.
(b) Edward Franklin.
(c) Isaac Hayes.
(d) Mason Davidson.
9. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(b) The Federal Gazette.
(c) City Paper.
(d) Daily News.
10. What day of the week were the recommendations published from the College of Physicians?
11. What was the name of the doctor who had studied yellow fever, but never seen it?
(a) Dr. Benjamin Duffield.
(b) Dr. Samuel Griffitts.
(c) Dr. Benjamin Rush.
(d) Dr. William Currie.
12. On August 27, how many senators from the Pennsylvania legislature met at the state house?
13. What did physicians call the tiny reddish sores that erupted on individuals who had the plague?
14. What was the nationality of the sailor who had a fever and seizures before he died on August 3?
15. How long had medical professionals believed that disease was caused by body humors being out of balance?
(a) 3,000 years.
(b) 500 years.
(c) 700 years.
(d) 2,500 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what boarding house did a sailor die of a fever?
2. What was Charles Willson Peale's wife's name?
3. How many died on September 8?
4. How much money was donated to refugees from Santo Domingo?
5. How many representatives met at the state house on August 27?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)