|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: A Modern-Day Time Bomb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the average yearly income in Philadelphia in 1793?
2. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(b) Daily News.
(c) The Federal Gazette.
(d) City Paper.
3. When did Clarkson ask the physicians from the College of Physicians to come to a meeting about the plague?
(a) August 19.
(b) August 28.
(c) August 25.
(d) August 14.
4. How many died of yellow fever in New Orleans in 1853?
5. How many groups in Philadelphia stepped forward and offered to help with the sick and deceased?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Black Plague strike in England?
2. Who was the speaker of the Senate in 1793?
3. How many physicians were in Philadelphia in 1793?
4. Where did Thomas Jefferson and George Washington meet as they traveled toward Philadelphia?
5. How many cords of wood did a subcommittee obtain before winter set in?
This section contains 142 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)