|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: A Modern-Day Time Bomb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many weeks did Henry Knox spend in quarantine?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
2. Who was the speaker of the Senate in 1793?
(a) Samuel Powel.
(b) Mason Brighting.
(c) Jason Manning.
(d) John Whitcomb.
3. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) September 12.
(b) September 5.
(c) August 31.
(d) August 18.
4. What state refused to allow a ship from Philadelphia to land and take on water?
(a) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
5. What did many people sprinkle around their rooms after whitewashing them?
(d) Baking soda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the governor of Pennsylvania in 1793?
2. What type of church did Reverend Mr. Helmuth pastor?
3. How many people lived in Philadelphia in 1793?
4. How old was Jesse Lazear when he died from yellow fever?
5. How often would Catherine LeMaigre vomit?
This section contains 139 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)