|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: A Modern-Day Time Bomb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Guardians were in charge of caring for the poor who did not live in the city almshouse?
2. Who wrote a letter asking the Free African Society to nurse the sick and attend to the dead?
(a) Matthew Clarkson.
(b) Absalom Jones.
(c) Richard Allen.
(d) Benjamin Rush.
3. When did Dr. Rush realize that he had yellow fever?
(a) September 18.
(b) September 21.
(c) September 12.
(d) September 14.
4. How old was Catherine LeMaigre when she became ill?
5. Who was the governor of Maryland in 1793?
(a) Bryan Andrews.
(b) John David Smythe.
(c) Thomas Sim Lee.
(d) Matthew Vining.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the actual source of the yellow fever virus identified to be tree-dwelling monkey in African and American rain forests?
2. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
3. During the plague, how many days might it take for a letter to be sent to or from Philadelphia?
4. How did Louis XVI die?
5. Besides the mayor, how many members were on the illegal special committee formed to run Philadelphia?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)