|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: A Modern-Day Time Bomb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the speaker of the Senate in 1793?
(a) Mason Brighting.
(b) Jason Manning.
(c) John Whitcomb.
(d) Samuel Powel.
2. How many pounds of blood did Dr. Rush and other doctors at that time believe that the human body held?
3. When was the actual source of the yellow fever virus identified to be tree-dwelling monkey in African and American rain forests?
4. What was Dolley Payne Todd's husband's name?
5. How old was Jesse Lazear when he died from yellow fever?
Short Answer Questions
1. What state refused to allow a ship from Philadelphia to land and take on water?
2. Who was the governor of Maryland in 1793?
3. What Revolutionary War hero wrote begging Dr. Rush for his help during the 1797 yellow fever epidemic?
4. What was the average yearly income in Philadelphia in 1793?
5. How long did George Washington plan to be gone from Philadelphia when he left the city?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)