|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: A Modern-Day Time Bomb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did the black leaders attempt to raise in order to build a new church?
2. Who lent his house to George and Martha Washington?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Robert Morris.
(c) Benjamin Rush.
(d) Matthew Clarkson
3. Which member of the special committee was in charge of providing food for the city?
(a) Israel Israel.
(b) James Sharswood.
(c) Henry Deforest.
(d) Samuel Benge.
4. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
5. How long was Dr. Currie's book about Philadelphia's plague?
(a) 25 pages.
(b) 64 pages.
(c) 112 pages.
(d) 89 pages.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bleedings did the Free African Society perform?
2. What was the average yearly income in Philadelphia in 1793?
3. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
4. When was a portrait of Absalom Jones painted by Raphaelle?
5. When General Charles LeClerc went to Haiti to crush a slave revolt, how many Haitians were killed?
This section contains 140 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)