|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: A Modern-Day Time Bomb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many blacks in Philadelphia were slaves?
2. What was the name of one of the rivers that was drying up near Philadelphia?
3. For how many years had doctors been using bloodletting or phlebotomy?
(a) About 1,000.
(b) More than 2,500.
(c) Over 3,000.
(d) Nearly 3,500.
4. What were the sewers called in Philadelphia?
5. How many died from the plague on October 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many French refugees fled a fierce slave rebellion?
2. When General Charles LeClerc went to Haiti to crush a slave revolt, how many Haitians were killed?
3. What did physicians call the tiny reddish sores that erupted on individuals who had the plague?
4. How many times a day did Charles Willson Peale fire a musket inside his house?
5. When did President Washington leave Mount Vernon and head north?
This section contains 137 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)