|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: A Modern-Day Time Bomb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did some nurses begin receiving for tending the sick?
(a) $3-4 a day.
(b) $1-2 a day.
(c) $4-5 a day.
(d) $5-6 a day.
2. In which direction were the swamps near Philadelphia that had lost water due to the intense heat?
3. In what boarding house did a sailor die of a fever?
(a) Sarah Smythe's.
(b) Maggie MacPherson's.
(c) Richard Denny's.
(d) William Wright's.
4. Who was the speaker of the Senate in 1793?
(a) Samuel Powel.
(b) Mason Brighting.
(c) Jason Manning.
(d) John Whitcomb.
5. What was the name of a memorable poem written by Philip Freneau?
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness was seen in January of 1793?
2. How many high-ranking officials of the federal government were within a day's ride of Philadelphia?
3. What paper did Andrew Brown publish?
4. How old was Jesse Lazear when he died from yellow fever?
5. Who wrote a letter asking the Free African Society to nurse the sick and attend to the dead?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)