|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: A Modern-Day Time Bomb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Dr. Deveze in 1793?
2. What Revolutionary War hero wrote begging Dr. Rush for his help during the 1797 yellow fever epidemic?
(a) Haym Solomon.
(b) Thaddeus Kosciusko.
(c) Crispus Attucks.
(d) Adam Monroe.
3. When was someone hired to design and construct Philadelphia's first waterworks?
4. Besides the mayor, how many members were on the illegal special committee formed to run Philadelphia?
5. How many physicians were in Philadelphia in 1793?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did some nurses begin receiving for tending the sick?
2. How old was Matthew Clarkson when the plague struck Philadelphia?
3. How many Overseers were in charge of managing the city almshouse?
4. How old was Jesse Lazear when he died from yellow fever?
5. How many rooms were there in Bush Hill?
This section contains 127 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)