|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: A Modern-Day Time Bomb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote that Death was riding triumphant on a pale horse at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Evan Manning.
(b) Martin Whitcomb.
(c) Elhanan Winchester.
(d) Anderson Ryan.
2. What cargo did the sloop Amelia bring to Philadelphia?
3. What did physicians call the tiny reddish sores that erupted on individuals who had the plague?
4. In the 1700s, what was often prescribed to break a slight fever?
(b) Herb tea.
5. How many groups in Philadelphia stepped forward and offered to help with the sick and deceased?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the special committee was in charge of providing food for the city?
2. How long was Dr. Currie's book about Philadelphia's plague?
3. Where did Thomas Jefferson and George Washington meet as they traveled toward Philadelphia?
4. For how many days did Peter Helm and Stephen Girard attend to Bush HIll?
5. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)