|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: A Modern-Day Time Bomb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Clarkson ask the physicians from the College of Physicians to come to a meeting about the plague?
(a) August 14.
(b) August 28.
(c) August 25.
(d) August 19.
2. How old was Dr. Deveze in 1793?
3. When had Dr. Rush seen a similar sickness before?
4. What doctor wrote about the disgusting aspects of the vomit that spewed from fever victims?
(a) William Lewis.
(b) Benjamin Rush.
(c) Walter Reed.
(d) Isaac Cathrall.
5. When General Charles LeClerc went to Haiti to crush a slave revolt, how many Haitians were killed?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dr. Hodge, where did the first deaths from the fever happen?
2. What year was a French watercolor done to show a yellow fever victim in the early stages of the illness?
3. When was the quote written at the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. Who wrote a letter asking the Free African Society to nurse the sick and attend to the dead?
5. Where was the city almshouse located?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)