|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: A Modern-Day Time Bomb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what boarding house did a sailor die of a fever?
(a) Richard Denny's.
(b) Maggie MacPherson's.
(c) Sarah Smythe's.
(d) William Wright's.
2. How many Guardians were in charge of caring for the poor who did not live in the city almshouse?
3. Where did the sloop Amelia come from?
(d) Santo Domingo.
4. From Rev.Helmuth's congregation, how many died at the beginning of October?
5. What type of church did Rev. J. Henry C. Helmuth pastor?
Short Answer Questions
1. On August 27, how many senators from the Pennsylvania legislature met at the state house?
2. How much money did the black leaders attempt to raise in order to build a new church?
3. When Rush contracted yellow fever again, how many days did he spend confined to bed unable to lift his head?
4. When had Dr. Rush seen a similar sickness before?
5. During the Spanish-American war, how many American soldiers died of yellow fever.
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)