|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: A Modern-Day Time Bomb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the militia company stationed that shot off a cannon in Chapter 4?
(a) Fort Mifflin.
(b) Fort Allen.
(c) Fort Ligonier.
(d) Fort Gaddis.
2. What was the occupation of a man named Mr. Brooks who reopened his shop on October 31 and died of yellow fever on November 3?
3. Who was hired to design and construct Philadelphia's first waterworks?
(a) Benjamin Latrobe.
(b) Gray Peters.
(c) Franklin Rosling.
(d) Davis Nance.
4. What newspaper was printed occasionally by September?
(a) Philadelphia Daily Advertiser.
(b) Philadelphia Chronicle.
(c) Federal Gazette.
(d) National Gazette.
5. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many representatives met at the state house on August 27?
2. Where did Dolley Payne Todd go during the fever outbreak?
3. How many high-ranking officials of the federal government were within a day's ride of Philadelphia?
4. How many people died in two houses on the same street during one week?
5. When was the quote written at the beginning of Chapter 11?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)