|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: A Modern-Day Time Bomb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the doctor who had studied yellow fever, but never seen it?
(a) Dr. Benjamin Duffield.
(b) Dr. Samuel Griffitts.
(c) Dr. Benjamin Rush.
(d) Dr. William Currie.
2. How many died of yellow fever in New Orleans in 1853?
3. In what boarding house did a sailor die of a fever?
(a) William Wright's.
(b) Maggie MacPherson's.
(c) Sarah Smythe's.
(d) Richard Denny's.
4. What ship was seized by one of Genet's hired privateers?
5. How many people died in two houses on the same street during one week?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did George Washington plan to be gone from Philadelphia when he left the city?
2. How many people lived in Philadelphia in 1793?
3. What was Charles Willson Peale's wife's name?
4. How many French refugees fled a fierce slave rebellion?
5. When was a portrait of Absalom Jones painted by Raphaelle?
This section contains 142 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)