|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: A Modern-Day Time Bomb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Thomas Jefferson and George Washington meet as they traveled toward Philadelphia?
2. Who was the speaker of the Senate in 1793?
(a) Samuel Powel.
(b) Mason Brighting.
(c) Jason Manning.
(d) John Whitcomb.
3. How much did a jury award Dr. Rush including court costs when he sued Cobbett for libel?
4. How many high-ranking officials of the federal government were within a day's ride of Philadelphia?
5. What was the average yearly income in Philadelphia in 1793?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of a memorable poem written by Philip Freneau?
2. After Dr. Rush's assistants bled him and administered the purge, how many days did it take for him to get back on his feet?
3. When did George and Martha Washington leave Philadelphia?
4. What newspaper was printed occasionally by September?
5. How long was Dr. Currie's book about Philadelphia's plague?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)