|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: A Modern-Day Time Bomb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the last time that there was a yellow fever epidemic?
2. How many high-ranking officials of the federal government were within a day's ride of Philadelphia?
3. What did physicians call the tiny reddish sores that erupted on individuals who had the plague?
4. How many blacks were Jones and Allen in direct contact with who might have helped tend the sick?
5. About how many free blacks lived in Philadelphia?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times a day did Charles Willson Peale fire a musket inside his house?
2. How old was Israel Israel at the time of the plague?
3. Where did Thomas Jefferson and George Washington meet as they traveled toward Philadelphia?
4. What was the occupation of a man named Mr. Brooks who reopened his shop on October 31 and died of yellow fever on November 3?
5. Who was the speaker of the Senate in 1793?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)