|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: A Modern-Day Time Bomb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Major Christian Piercy become ill as he fled Philadelphia?
(c) Outside Camden.
(d) Near Manhatton.
2. What was the name of the doctor who had studied yellow fever, but never seen it?
(a) Dr. Benjamin Rush.
(b) Dr. Samuel Griffitts.
(c) Dr. William Currie.
(d) Dr. Benjamin Duffield.
3. In Chapter 6 in a letter to his wife, how many patients did Dr. Rush say that he was learning had died every morning?
4. How much did a jury award Dr. Rush including court costs when he sued Cobbett for libel?
5. What Revolutionary War hero wrote begging Dr. Rush for his help during the 1797 yellow fever epidemic?
(a) Thaddeus Kosciusko.
(b) Adam Monroe.
(c) Crispus Attucks.
(d) Haym Solomon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the governor of Pennsylvania in 1793?
2. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
3. How many representatives met at the state house on August 27?
4. How often had the College of Physicians promised to meet during the plague?
5. By September 17, how many burials were taking place daily?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)