|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: A Modern-Day Time Bomb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cargo did the sloop Amelia bring to Philadelphia?
2. What Revolutionary War hero wrote begging Dr. Rush for his help during the 1797 yellow fever epidemic?
(a) Thaddeus Kosciusko.
(b) Haym Solomon.
(c) Adam Monroe.
(d) Crispus Attucks.
3. Where did Jones and Allen discover a house where the mother was dead, the father was dying, and the children were huddled together, frightened and hungry?
(a) Emsley's Alley.
(b) Main St.
(c) Water St.
(d) Beckett's Allley.
4. How much money was donated to refugees from Santo Domingo?
5. For how many years had doctors been using bloodletting or phlebotomy?
(a) Nearly 3,500.
(b) Over 3,000.
(c) About 1,000.
(d) More than 2,500.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people lived in Philadelphia in 1793?
2. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
3. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
4. In what alley did Helmuth find 40 dead?
5. What was the name of Dr. Rush's sister who died during the plague?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)