|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what boarding house did a sailor die of a fever?
(a) Richard Denny's.
(b) Maggie MacPherson's.
(c) William Wright's.
(d) Sarah Smythe's.
2. How many blacks were Jones and Allen in direct contact with who might have helped tend the sick?
3. What was the average yearly income in Philadelphia in 1793?
4. What day of the week did Catherine LeMaigre die?
5. What did physicians call the tiny reddish sores that erupted on individuals who had the plague?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Thomas Jefferson estimate that it cost him to get to Germantown?
2. How much did some nurses begin receiving for tending the sick?
3. How many physicians were in Philadelphia in 1793?
4. Where was the militia company stationed that shot off a cannon in Chapter 4?
5. How much did the citizens of Manhattan send to aid Philadelphians?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)