|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did the black leaders attempt to raise in order to build a new church?
2. Where did Jones and Allen discover a house where the mother was dead, the father was dying, and the children were huddled together, frightened and hungry?
(a) Beckett's Allley.
(b) Emsley's Alley.
(c) Main St.
(d) Water St.
3. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
4. In 1793, what percent of Philadelphia's black worked as live-in domestic workers?
(a) Over 50%.
(c) About 35%.
5. What year was a French watercolor done to show a yellow fever victim in the early stages of the illness?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many humors did physicians believe there were in the human body?
2. What was the name of the doctor who had studied yellow fever, but never seen it?
3. How many people died in two houses on the same street during one week?
4. In what alley did Helmuth find 40 dead?
5. When did George and Martha Washington leave Philadelphia?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)