|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people who contracted yellow fever usually died from it?
(a) 75 percent.
(b) 50 percent.
(c) 10 percent.
(d) 25 percent.
2. How many high-ranking officials of the federal government were within a day's ride of Philadelphia?
3. How old was Catherine LeMaigre when she became ill?
4. Who was the governor of Pennsylvania in 1793?
5. What doctor wrote about the disgusting aspects of the vomit that spewed from fever victims?
(a) William Lewis.
(b) Isaac Cathrall.
(c) Walter Reed.
(d) Benjamin Rush.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which direction were the swamps near Philadelphia that had lost water due to the intense heat?
2. How many physicians were in Philadelphia in 1793?
3. During the plague, how many days might it take for a letter to be sent to or from Philadelphia?
4. What did A.B., a contributor to "Dunlap's American Daily Advertiser," find in rainwater barrels?
5. In what boarding house did a sailor die of a fever?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)