|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many families did Jones and Allen visit in one day?
2. In what alley did Helmuth find 40 dead?
3. When did a savage storm hit the city bringing winds and torrents of rain?
(a) August 25.
(b) August 30.
(c) August 29.
(d) August 21.
4. How many French refugees fled a fierce slave rebellion?
5. Whose letter did Dr. Rush find in his old medical books about the yellow plagues that had occurred in Virginia about fifty years earlier?
(a) John Mitchell.
(b) Byant Whitcomb.
(c) Davis Miller.
(d) Charles Neece.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Guardians were in charge of caring for the poor who did not live in the city almshouse?
2. How many died on September 8?
3. How old was the servant boy that Dr. Rush trained to open a vein and see the sick?
4. Who wrote that Death was riding triumphant on a pale horse at the beginning of Chapter 8?
5. How many physicians were in Philadelphia in 1793?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)