|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Isaac Heston when the plague struck Philadelphia?
2. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
3. What decorated houses where people were sick from the yellow fever?
(a) Tiny red flags.
(b) Small blue stars.
(c) A notice from the city.
(d) A skull and crossbones.
4. How old was Catherine LeMaigre when she became ill?
5. What paper did Andrew Brown publish?
(b) Federal Gazette.
(c) National Gazette.
(d) Daily News.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Thomas Jefferson estimate that it cost him to get to Germantown?
2. How old was the servant boy that Dr. Rush trained to open a vein and see the sick?
3. On October 17, which committee member wrote in the official minutes that the fever was winning?
4. What was the name of the second-year medical student who volunteered to help at Bush Hill?
5. How many pounds of blood did Dr. Rush and other doctors at that time believe that the human body held?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)