|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Dr. Rush seemed to be cured of yellow fever, how many patients sought him in a day?
2. What was the average yearly income in Philadelphia in 1793?
3. Who wrote a letter asking the Free African Society to nurse the sick and attend to the dead?
(a) Matthew Clarkson.
(b) Absalom Jones.
(c) Richard Allen.
(d) Benjamin Rush.
4. How many times a day would Dr. Rush administer the Ten-and-Ten or Ten-and-Fifteen Treatment?
5. What newspaper was printed occasionally by September?
(a) National Gazette.
(b) Federal Gazette.
(c) Philadelphia Daily Advertiser.
(d) Philadelphia Chronicle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
2. When was a portrait of Absalom Jones painted by Raphaelle?
3. When did Dr. Jean Deveze volunteer to work at Bush Hill?
4. What was the occupation of a man named Mr. Brooks who reopened his shop on October 31 and died of yellow fever on November 3?
5. Who was the governor of Maryland in 1793?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)