|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the plague, how many days might it take for a letter to be sent to or from Philadelphia?
(a) 10-14 days.
(b) 3-6 days.
(c) 17 days.
(d) 8 days.
2. By September 17, how many burials were taking place daily?
3. From Rev.Helmuth's congregation, how many died at the beginning of October?
4. For how many years had doctors been using bloodletting or phlebotomy?
(a) Nearly 3,500.
(b) About 1,000.
(c) More than 2,500.
(d) Over 3,000.
5. Who was the owner of Bush Hill?
(a) George Smythe.
(b) William Hamilton.
(c) Robert Ashworth.
(d) David Browning.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Catherine LeMaigre, what part of her body did she feel as though it was burning up?
2. How many families did Jones and Allen visit in one day?
3. Whose letter did Dr. Rush find in his old medical books about the yellow plagues that had occurred in Virginia about fifty years earlier?
4. How many Guardians were in charge of caring for the poor who did not live in the city almshouse?
5. How much did Thomas Jefferson estimate that it cost him to get to Germantown?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)