|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By September 5, how many of Dr. Rush's patients did he claim improved with the Ten-and-Ten treatment?
(a) 29 out of 30.
(b) 8 out of 10.
(c) 3 out of 5.
(d) 15 out of 20.
2. How many times did it rain in September, 1793?
3. In what boarding house did a sailor die of a fever?
(a) Maggie MacPherson's.
(b) Sarah Smythe's.
(c) Richard Denny's.
(d) William Wright's.
4. Who was the owner of Bush Hill?
(a) George Smythe.
(b) David Browning.
(c) Robert Ashworth.
(d) William Hamilton.
5. How old was Matthew Clarkson when the plague struck Philadelphia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the mansion located that was commandeered for a place to care for seriously ill patients?
2. How many pounds of blood did Dr. Rush and other doctors at that time believe that the human body held?
3. Where did the sloop Amelia come from?
4. On October 17, which committee member wrote in the official minutes that the fever was winning?
5. Who wrote a letter asking the Free African Society to nurse the sick and attend to the dead?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)