|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of church did Reverend Mr. Helmuth pastor?
2. On October 17, which committee member wrote in the official minutes that the fever was winning?
(a) David Bryan.
(b) Caleb Lownes.
(c) Matthew Carey.
(d) John Bordley.
3. Who was the governor of Pennsylvania in 1793?
4. How long had medical professionals believed that disease was caused by body humors being out of balance?
(a) 700 years.
(b) 2,500 years.
(c) 500 years.
(d) 3,000 years.
5. How many whale oil streetlamps were in Philadelphia in 1793?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what part of the state house building were the rooms of Joseph Fry, the doorkeeper who died from the fever?
2. How many high-ranking officials of the federal government were within a day's ride of Philadelphia?
3. When did George and Martha Washington leave Philadelphia?
4. A few days before being called to care for Catherine LeMaigre, which doctor had lost his daughter to the same fever?
5. What did doctors give Catherine LeMaigre to cool her fever?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)