|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the doctor who had studied yellow fever, but never seen it?
(a) Dr. Benjamin Rush.
(b) Dr. Benjamin Duffield.
(c) Dr. Samuel Griffitts.
(d) Dr. William Currie.
2. In 1793, what percent of Philadelphia's black worked as live-in domestic workers?
(b) About 35%.
(c) Over 50%.
3. What was the name of a man who lost his entire family, including his wife, to the plague; and then married again?
4. For how many days did Peter Helm and Stephen Girard attend to Bush HIll?
(a) 50 days.
(b) 60 days.
(c) 40 days.
(d) 70 days.
5. What was the occupation of a man named Mr. Brooks who reopened his shop on October 31 and died of yellow fever on November 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Dr. Rush realize that he had yellow fever?
2. How old was Catherine LeMaigre when she became ill?
3. What year was a French watercolor done to show a yellow fever victim in the early stages of the illness?
4. Which member of the special committee was in charge of providing food for the city?
5. How often had the College of Physicians promised to meet during the plague?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)