|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did it rain in September, 1793?
2. When did George Washington make a personal inspection of Philadelphia?
(a) November 10.
(b) November 20.
(c) November 15.
(d) November 1.
3. How much did some nurses begin receiving for tending the sick?
(a) $1-2 a day.
(b) $5-6 a day.
(c) $4-5 a day.
(d) $3-4 a day.
4. Who wrote that Death was riding triumphant on a pale horse at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Martin Whitcomb.
(b) Anderson Ryan.
(c) Elhanan Winchester.
(d) Evan Manning.
5. Where was the mansion located that was commandeered for a place to care for seriously ill patients?
(a) 2 ½ miles northwest of the city.
(b) At eastern edge of the city.
(c) At the western edge of the city.
(d) 3 miles south of the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many families did Jones and Allen visit in one day?
2. When did President Washington leave Mount Vernon and head north?
3. What was the nationality of the sailor who had a fever and seizures before he died on August 3?
4. What type of church did Reverend Mr. Helmuth pastor?
5. Who was the owner of Bush Hill?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)