|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did the black leaders attempt to raise in order to build a new church?
2. For how many years had doctors been using bloodletting or phlebotomy?
(a) Nearly 3,500.
(b) More than 2,500.
(c) About 1,000.
(d) Over 3,000.
3. What was the nationality of the sailor who had a fever and seizures before he died on August 3?
4. What doctor wrote about the disgusting aspects of the vomit that spewed from fever victims?
(a) William Lewis.
(b) Isaac Cathrall.
(c) Walter Reed.
(d) Benjamin Rush.
5. When did Dr. Rush hire a horse-drawn carriage and begin visiting patients after his bout with yellow fever?
(a) September 23.
(b) September 21.
(c) September 19.
(d) September 25.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many died on September 8?
2. Where was a Philadelphia woman and her black servant tarred and feathered?
3. After Dr. Rush's assistants bled him and administered the purge, how many days did it take for him to get back on his feet?
4. How did Louis XVI die?
5. What did physicians call the tiny reddish sores that erupted on individuals who had the plague?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)