|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Thomas Jefferson estimate that it cost him to get to Germantown?
2. What decorated houses where people were sick from the yellow fever?
(a) Tiny red flags.
(b) Small blue stars.
(c) A skull and crossbones.
(d) A notice from the city.
3. How long did George Washington plan to be gone from Philadelphia when he left the city?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 20 days.
(c) 15 days.
(d) 1 month.
4. What did doctors give Catherine LeMaigre to cool her fever?
(a) Cold cloths.
(b) Mercury and the root of a poisonous plant.
(c) Ice chips.
(d) Barley water and apple water.
5. Who wrote that Death was riding triumphant on a pale horse at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Elhanan Winchester.
(b) Martin Whitcomb.
(c) Anderson Ryan.
(d) Evan Manning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many died from the plague on October 7?
2. How long had medical professionals believed that disease was caused by body humors being out of balance?
3. To Catherine LeMaigre, what part of her body did she feel as though it was burning up?
4. How many bleedings did the Free African Society perform?
5. How much money was donated to refugees from Santo Domingo?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)