|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: this Unmerciful Enemy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jones and Allen discover a house where the mother was dead, the father was dying, and the children were huddled together, frightened and hungry?
(a) Main St.
(b) Emsley's Alley.
(c) Beckett's Allley.
(d) Water St.
2. What paper did Andrew Brown publish?
(a) Federal Gazette.
(c) Daily News.
(d) National Gazette.
3. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
4. How many cords of wood did a subcommittee obtain before winter set in?
5. How many bleedings did the Free African Society perform?
(c) About 500.
(d) Over 800.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Dr. Rush's sister who died during the plague?
2. On October 17, which committee member wrote in the official minutes that the fever was winning?
3. How many patients did Dr. Rush's five assistants each see in one day after Dr. Rush's recovery?
4. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. How old was Dr. Deveze in 1793?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)