|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: this Unmerciful Enemy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
2. How many watchmen were supposed to watch the streets of Philadelphia at night?
3. What was the name of Dr. Rush's sister who died during the plague?
4. How many blacks were Jones and Allen in direct contact with who might have helped tend the sick?
5. When did Dr. Rush hire a horse-drawn carriage and begin visiting patients after his bout with yellow fever?
(a) September 21.
(b) September 19.
(c) September 23.
(d) September 25.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote that Death was riding triumphant on a pale horse at the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. How many patients did Dr. Rush's five assistants each see in one day after Dr. Rush's recovery?
3. When did Dr. Rush realize that he had yellow fever?
4. Where was the city almshouse located?
5. In 1793, what percent of Philadelphia's black worked as live-in domestic workers?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)