|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: this Unmerciful Enemy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose letter did Dr. Rush find in his old medical books about the yellow plagues that had occurred in Virginia about fifty years earlier?
(a) John Mitchell.
(b) Davis Miller.
(c) Byant Whitcomb.
(d) Charles Neece.
2. Where did federal department heads move their offices?
3. Where was Stephen Girard born?
4. How many people who contracted yellow fever usually died from it?
(a) 50 percent.
(b) 25 percent.
(c) 10 percent.
(d) 75 percent.
5. Where did Major Christian Piercy become ill as he fled Philadelphia?
(a) Near Manhatton.
(b) Outside Camden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did doctors give Catherine LeMaigre to cool her fever?
2. By September 5, how many of Dr. Rush's patients did he claim improved with the Ten-and-Ten treatment?
3. What church in Philadelphia had been built with the help of blacks?
4. How many rooms were there in Bush Hill?
5. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)