|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: this Unmerciful Enemy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many blacks were Jones and Allen in direct contact with who might have helped tend the sick?
2. How many times did it rain in September, 1793?
3. By September 5, how many of Dr. Rush's patients did he claim improved with the Ten-and-Ten treatment?
(a) 29 out of 30.
(b) 3 out of 5.
(c) 8 out of 10.
(d) 15 out of 20.
4. Where was the mansion located that was commandeered for a place to care for seriously ill patients?
(a) At eastern edge of the city.
(b) At the western edge of the city.
(c) 2 ½ miles northwest of the city.
(d) 3 miles south of the city.
5. When did Dr. Jean Deveze volunteer to work at Bush Hill?
(a) August 31.
(b) August 25.
(c) September 16.
(d) September 1.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1793, what percent of Philadelphia's black worked as live-in domestic workers?
2. Where did federal department heads move their offices?
3. What year was a French watercolor done to show a yellow fever victim in the early stages of the illness?
4. In what alley did Helmuth find 40 dead?
5. After Dr. Rush's assistants bled him and administered the purge, how many days did it take for him to get back on his feet?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)