|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: this Unmerciful Enemy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) July 15.
(b) August 1.
(c) July 31.
(d) August 3.
2. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
3. What illness was seen in January of 1793?
(a) Scarlet fever.
4. How many died from yellow fever on Saturday, October 12?
5. Where was the mansion located that was commandeered for a place to care for seriously ill patients?
(a) At eastern edge of the city.
(b) At the western edge of the city.
(c) 3 miles south of the city.
(d) 2 ½ miles northwest of the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did a savage storm hit the city bringing winds and torrents of rain?
2. How many watchmen were supposed to watch the streets of Philadelphia at night?
3. How old was Isaac Heston when the plague struck Philadelphia?
4. What type of church did Reverend Mr. Helmuth pastor?
5. After a sailor died in a boarding house, who was the next person to die?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)