|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: this Unmerciful Enemy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What newspaper was printed occasionally by September?
(a) Philadelphia Chronicle.
(b) Federal Gazette.
(c) National Gazette.
(d) Philadelphia Daily Advertiser.
2. What church in Philadelphia had been built with the help of blacks?
(a) St. George Methodist Church.
(b) St. Peter Episcopal Church.
(c) St. Thomas Episcopal Church.
(d) St. John Episcopal Church.
3. When was the Free African Society founded?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 6, about how many persons were ill with the fever?
5. Who wrote a letter asking the Free African Society to nurse the sick and attend to the dead?
(a) Absalom Jones.
(b) Richard Allen.
(c) Matthew Clarkson.
(d) Benjamin Rush.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many patients did Dr. Rush's five assistants each see in one day after Dr. Rush's recovery?
2. When did the Black Plague strike in England?
3. How many bleedings did the Free African Society perform?
4. How many shops were in Philadelphia in 1793?
5. What did doctors give Catherine LeMaigre to cool her fever?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)