|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: this Unmerciful Enemy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the servant boy that Dr. Rush trained to open a vein and see the sick?
2. How old was Stephen Girard in 1793?
3. What Revolutionary War hero wrote begging Dr. Rush for his help during the 1797 yellow fever epidemic?
(a) Crispus Attucks.
(b) Thaddeus Kosciusko.
(c) Haym Solomon.
(d) Adam Monroe.
4. Where was the militia company stationed that shot off a cannon in Chapter 4?
(a) Fort Gaddis.
(b) Fort Allen.
(c) Fort Mifflin.
(d) Fort Ligonier.
5. When did Clarkson ask the physicians from the College of Physicians to come to a meeting about the plague?
(a) August 14.
(b) August 19.
(c) August 25.
(d) August 28.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
2. How many shops were in Philadelphia in 1793?
3. How many people lived in Philadelphia in 1793?
4. By the time Dr. Rush contracted yellow fever, how many doctors had died?
5. How often would Catherine LeMaigre vomit?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)