|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: this Unmerciful Enemy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many died from the plague on October 7?
2. What was the name of the doctor who had studied yellow fever, but never seen it?
(a) Dr. Samuel Griffitts.
(b) Dr. Benjamin Duffield.
(c) Dr. Benjamin Rush.
(d) Dr. William Currie.
3. Where was a Philadelphia woman and her black servant tarred and feathered?
(a) Milford, Delaware.
(b) Manhattan, New York.
(d) New Jersey.
4. How did Louis XVI die?
(a) Shot by a firing squad.
(d) In a dungeon with no food or water.
5. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
Short Answer Questions
1. To Catherine LeMaigre, what part of her body did she feel as though it was burning up?
2. What were the sewers called in Philadelphia?
3. How old was Matthew Clarkson when the plague struck Philadelphia?
4. In the 1700s, what was often prescribed to break a slight fever?
5. How many died from yellow fever on Saturday, October 12?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)