|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: this Unmerciful Enemy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the nationality of the sailor who had a fever and seizures before he died on August 3?
2. How many humors did physicians believe there were in the human body?
3. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) September 5.
(b) September 12.
(c) August 18.
(d) August 31.
4. After Dr. Rush seemed to be cured of yellow fever, how many patients sought him in a day?
5. To Catherine LeMaigre, what part of her body did she feel as though it was burning up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What doctor wrote about the disgusting aspects of the vomit that spewed from fever victims?
2. What were the sewers called in Philadelphia?
3. How many died from the plague on October 7?
4. What did doctors give Catherine LeMaigre to cool her fever?
5. How much did the citizens of Manhattan send to aid Philadelphians?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)