|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: this Unmerciful Enemy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pounds of blood did Dr. Rush and other doctors at that time believe that the human body held?
2. How many times a day would Dr. Rush administer the Ten-and-Ten or Ten-and-Fifteen Treatment?
3. What did physicians call the tiny reddish sores that erupted on individuals who had the plague?
4. In what alley did Helmuth find 40 dead?
5. Who wrote a letter asking the Free African Society to nurse the sick and attend to the dead?
(a) Matthew Clarkson.
(b) Richard Allen.
(c) Absalom Jones.
(d) Benjamin Rush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness was seen in January of 1793?
2. How many watchmen were supposed to watch the streets of Philadelphia at night?
3. Where was the city almshouse located?
4. What state refused to allow a ship from Philadelphia to land and take on water?
5. How many people died in two houses on the same street during one week?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)