|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: this Unmerciful Enemy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On October 17, which committee member wrote in the official minutes that the fever was winning?
(a) Caleb Lownes.
(b) Matthew Carey.
(c) John Bordley.
(d) David Bryan.
2. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
3. A few days before being called to care for Catherine LeMaigre, which doctor had lost his daughter to the same fever?
(a) Dr. Rush.
(b) Dr. Hodge.
(c) Dr. Foulke.
(d) Dr. Wyatt.
4. How old was Isaac Heston when the plague struck Philadelphia?
5. In the 1700s, what was often prescribed to break a slight fever?
(d) Herb tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the speaker of the Senate in 1793?
2. Of what type of church was Reverend John Schmidt a pastor?
3. How old was the servant boy that Dr. Rush trained to open a vein and see the sick?
4. When was the Free African Society founded?
5. How many representatives met at the state house on August 27?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)