|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: this Unmerciful Enemy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1793, what percent of Philadelphia's black worked as live-in domestic workers?
(a) Over 50%.
(b) About 35%.
2. What did doctors give Catherine LeMaigre to cool her fever?
(a) Barley water and apple water.
(b) Cold cloths.
(c) Mercury and the root of a poisonous plant.
(d) Ice chips.
3. What was the name of a memorable poem written by Philip Freneau?
4. In the 1700s, what was often prescribed to break a slight fever?
(c) Herb tea.
5. When was a portrait of Absalom Jones painted by Raphaelle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was a Philadelphia woman and her black servant tarred and feathered?
2. What cargo did the sloop Amelia bring to Philadelphia?
3. How old was the servant boy that Dr. Rush trained to open a vein and see the sick?
4. In which direction were the swamps near Philadelphia that had lost water due to the intense heat?
5. How many people lived in Philadelphia in 1793?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)