|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: this Unmerciful Enemy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the mansion located that was commandeered for a place to care for seriously ill patients?
(a) 3 miles south of the city.
(b) At the western edge of the city.
(c) 2 ½ miles northwest of the city.
(d) At eastern edge of the city.
2. Besides the mayor, how many members were on the illegal special committee formed to run Philadelphia?
3. What illness was seen in January of 1793?
(b) Scarlet fever.
4. How long did George Washington plan to be gone from Philadelphia when he left the city?
(a) 15 days.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 20 days.
(d) 1 month.
5. In 1793, what percent of Philadelphia's black worked as live-in domestic workers?
(a) About 35%.
(d) Over 50%.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what boarding house did a sailor die of a fever?
2. How many people who contracted yellow fever usually died from it?
3. What doctor wrote about the disgusting aspects of the vomit that spewed from fever victims?
4. How many people lived in Philadelphia in 1793?
5. Where was the militia company stationed that shot off a cannon in Chapter 4?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)