|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: It Was Our Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jones and Allen discover a house where the mother was dead, the father was dying, and the children were huddled together, frightened and hungry?
(a) Water St.
(b) Emsley's Alley.
(c) Beckett's Allley.
(d) Main St.
2. On August 27, how many senators from the Pennsylvania legislature met at the state house?
3. What did doctors give Catherine LeMaigre to cool her fever?
(a) Mercury and the root of a poisonous plant.
(b) Cold cloths.
(c) Barley water and apple water.
(d) Ice chips.
4. How many people died in two houses on the same street during one week?
5. What type of church did Rev. J. Henry C. Helmuth pastor?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Clarkson have?
2. When was the Free African Society founded?
3. How many French refugees fled a fierce slave rebellion?
4. When had Dr. Rush seen a similar sickness before?
5. What was the name of Clarkson's son who died during the plague?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)