|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: It Was Our Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1793, what percent of Philadelphia's black worked as live-in domestic workers?
(a) Over 50%.
(d) About 35%.
2. Where did Jones and Allen discover a house where the mother was dead, the father was dying, and the children were huddled together, frightened and hungry?
(a) Emsley's Alley.
(b) Main St.
(c) Beckett's Allley.
(d) Water St.
3. Who lent his house to George and Martha Washington?
(a) Benjamin Rush.
(b) Matthew Clarkson
(c) Robert Morris.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
4. What type of church did Rev. J. Henry C. Helmuth pastor?
5. What day of the week were the recommendations published from the College of Physicians?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of his children did Charles Willson Peale shut inside his museum-residence along with himself and his wife?
2. How many times a day did Charles Willson Peale fire a musket inside his house?
3. How old was Isaac Heston when the plague struck Philadelphia?
4. What did physicians call the tiny reddish sores that erupted on individuals who had the plague?
5. How many humors did physicians believe there were in the human body?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)