|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: It Was Our Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dr. Hodge, where did the first deaths from the fever happen?
(a) On or near Water St.
(b) 13th St.
(c) On or near Main St.
(d) 4th St.
2. How many humors did physicians believe there were in the human body?
3. How did Louis XVI die?
(a) Shot by a firing squad.
(d) In a dungeon with no food or water.
4. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
5. How many groups in Philadelphia stepped forward and offered to help with the sick and deceased?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what boarding house did a sailor die of a fever?
2. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
3. How many Overseers were in charge of managing the city almshouse?
4. How much money was donated to refugees from Santo Domingo?
5. How much did some nurses begin receiving for tending the sick?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)