|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: It Was Our Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did A.B., a contributor to "Dunlap's American Daily Advertiser," find in rainwater barrels?
(a) Dead dogs.
(d) Dead cats.
2. How many Overseers were in charge of managing the city almshouse?
3. How many died on September 8?
4. How many French refugees fled a fierce slave rebellion?
5. Where did John Bill Ricketts take his circus for the summer?
(c) Rhode Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Guardians were in charge of caring for the poor who did not live in the city almshouse?
2. Who wrote a letter asking the Free African Society to nurse the sick and attend to the dead?
3. How old was Catherine LeMaigre when she became ill?
4. What doctor wrote about the disgusting aspects of the vomit that spewed from fever victims?
5. How many children did Clarkson have?
This section contains 145 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)