|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: It Was Our Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Louis XVI die?
(c) In a dungeon with no food or water.
(d) Shot by a firing squad.
2. What church in Philadelphia had been built with the help of blacks?
(a) St. Thomas Episcopal Church.
(b) St. George Methodist Church.
(c) St. Peter Episcopal Church.
(d) St. John Episcopal Church.
3. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) August 1.
(b) July 15.
(c) July 31.
(d) August 3.
4. Where was the mansion located that was commandeered for a place to care for seriously ill patients?
(a) At eastern edge of the city.
(b) 3 miles south of the city.
(c) 2 ½ miles northwest of the city.
(d) At the western edge of the city.
5. What illness was seen in January of 1793?
(c) Scarlet fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many free blacks lived in Philadelphia?
2. What day of the week were the recommendations published from the College of Physicians?
3. After a sailor died in a boarding house, who was the next person to die?
4. How many Overseers were in charge of managing the city almshouse?
5. What did doctors give Catherine LeMaigre to cool her fever?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)