|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: It Was Our Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often would Catherine LeMaigre vomit?
(a) Every 10 minutes or so.
(b) Every 15 minutes.
(c) About every 30 minutes.
(d) Every couple hours.
2. After a sailor died in a boarding house, who was the next person to die?
(a) Mr. Denny.
(b) Mr. Moore.
(c) Mr. Peter Aston.
(d) Mrs. Richard Parkinson.
3. How many rooms were there in Bush Hill?
4. How many died on September 8?
5. In what boarding house did a sailor die of a fever?
(a) Maggie MacPherson's.
(b) William Wright's.
(c) Richard Denny's.
(d) Sarah Smythe's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
2. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. How many Overseers were in charge of managing the city almshouse?
4. How many French refugees fled a fierce slave rebellion?
5. What did physicians call the tiny reddish sores that erupted on individuals who had the plague?
This section contains 140 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)