|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: It Was Our Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the sewers called in Philadelphia?
2. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
3. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) July 15.
(b) August 1.
(c) July 31.
(d) August 3.
4. Where did Jones and Allen discover a house where the mother was dead, the father was dying, and the children were huddled together, frightened and hungry?
(a) Main St.
(b) Emsley's Alley.
(c) Water St.
(d) Beckett's Allley.
5. Who was the governor of Pennsylvania in 1793?
Short Answer Questions
1. How often would Catherine LeMaigre vomit?
2. What year was a French watercolor done to show a yellow fever victim in the early stages of the illness?
3. Where did federal department heads move their offices?
4. How much money was donated to refugees from Santo Domingo?
5. What was the name of Clarkson's son who died during the plague?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)