|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: It Was Our Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What church in Philadelphia had been built with the help of blacks?
(a) St. John Episcopal Church.
(b) St. Peter Episcopal Church.
(c) St. Thomas Episcopal Church.
(d) St. George Methodist Church.
2. About how many free blacks lived in Philadelphia?
3. About how many blacks in Philadelphia were slaves?
4. When did Clarkson ask the physicians from the College of Physicians to come to a meeting about the plague?
(a) August 25.
(b) August 19.
(c) August 28.
(d) August 14.
5. How many shops were in Philadelphia in 1793?
Short Answer Questions
1. When had Dr. Rush seen a similar sickness before?
2. How many humors did physicians believe there were in the human body?
3. What did many people sprinkle around their rooms after whitewashing them?
4. After a sailor died in a boarding house, who was the next person to die?
5. When did a savage storm hit the city bringing winds and torrents of rain?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)