|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: It Was Our Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many representatives met at the state house on August 27?
2. How many people died in two houses on the same street during one week?
3. How many died on September 8?
4. How many Overseers were in charge of managing the city almshouse?
5. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) July 31.
(b) August 3.
(c) July 15.
(d) August 1.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the nationality of the sailor who had a fever and seizures before he died on August 3?
2. How many watchmen were supposed to watch the streets of Philadelphia at night?
3. How long had medical professionals believed that disease was caused by body humors being out of balance?
4. What illness was seen in January of 1793?
5. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
This section contains 133 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)