|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Confusion, Distress, and Utter Desolation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what part of the state house building were the rooms of Joseph Fry, the doorkeeper who died from the fever?
2. What was Catherine LeMaigre's husband's name?
3. How old was Matthew Clarkson when the plague struck Philadelphia?
4. What illness was seen in January of 1793?
(a) Scarlet fever.
5. What was the name of the doctor who had studied yellow fever, but never seen it?
(a) Dr. Samuel Griffitts.
(b) Dr. Benjamin Duffield.
(c) Dr. William Currie.
(d) Dr. Benjamin Rush.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Guardians were in charge of caring for the poor who did not live in the city almshouse?
2. What was the name of Clarkson's son who died during the plague?
3. What did many people sprinkle around their rooms after whitewashing them?
4. Who was the speaker of the Senate in 1793?
5. How many rooms were there in Bush Hill?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)