|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Confusion, Distress, and Utter Desolation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Charles Willson Peale's wife's name?
2. How many people who contracted yellow fever usually died from it?
(a) 10 percent.
(b) 50 percent.
(c) 75 percent.
(d) 25 percent.
3. In which direction were the swamps near Philadelphia that had lost water due to the intense heat?
4. How old was Matthew Clarkson when the plague struck Philadelphia?
5. What was the name of one of the rivers that was drying up near Philadelphia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the speaker of the Senate in 1793?
2. A few days before being called to care for Catherine LeMaigre, which doctor had lost his daughter to the same fever?
3. What were the sewers called in Philadelphia?
4. What was the largest city in North America in 1793?
5. On August 27, how many senators from the Pennsylvania legislature met at the state house?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)