|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Confusion, Distress, and Utter Desolation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Clarkson have?
2. How long had medical professionals believed that disease was caused by body humors being out of balance?
(a) 500 years.
(b) 2,500 years.
(c) 700 years.
(d) 3,000 years.
3. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
4. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) August 3.
(b) July 31.
(c) August 1.
(d) July 15.
5. What type of church did Rev. J. Henry C. Helmuth pastor?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the last time that there was a yellow fever epidemic?
2. Where was the mansion located that was commandeered for a place to care for seriously ill patients?
3. What was the name of the doctor who had studied yellow fever, but never seen it?
4. What year was a French watercolor done to show a yellow fever victim in the early stages of the illness?
5. In which direction were the swamps near Philadelphia that had lost water due to the intense heat?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)