|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Confusion, Distress, and Utter Desolation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Guardians were in charge of caring for the poor who did not live in the city almshouse?
2. How many Overseers were in charge of managing the city almshouse?
3. Who was the speaker of the Senate in 1793?
(a) John Whitcomb.
(b) Mason Brighting.
(c) Jason Manning.
(d) Samuel Powel.
4. How many physicians were in Philadelphia in 1793?
5. When did Matthew Clarkson become mayor of Philadelphia?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did George Washington plan to be gone from Philadelphia when he left the city?
2. When had Dr. Rush seen a similar sickness before?
3. What was Charles Willson Peale's wife's name?
4. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
5. Where did the sloop Amelia come from?
This section contains 129 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)