|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Confusion, Distress, and Utter Desolation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the speaker of the Senate in 1793?
(a) Samuel Powel.
(b) Mason Brighting.
(c) John Whitcomb.
(d) Jason Manning.
2. Where was the mansion located that was commandeered for a place to care for seriously ill patients?
(a) 2 ½ miles northwest of the city.
(b) At eastern edge of the city.
(c) At the western edge of the city.
(d) 3 miles south of the city.
3. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
4. Where was Dr. Rush's wife that summer of 1793?
5. How long had medical professionals believed that disease was caused by body humors being out of balance?
(a) 3,000 years.
(b) 700 years.
(c) 2,500 years.
(d) 500 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did George Washington plan to be gone from Philadelphia when he left the city?
2. What was Charles Willson Peale's wife's name?
3. After a sailor died in a boarding house, who was the next person to die?
4. How old was Matthew Clarkson when the plague struck Philadelphia?
5. How many representatives met at the state house on August 27?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)