|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Confusion, Distress, and Utter Desolation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week were the recommendations published from the College of Physicians?
2. What was the name of the doctor who had studied yellow fever, but never seen it?
(a) Dr. Benjamin Rush.
(b) Dr. Benjamin Duffield.
(c) Dr. Samuel Griffitts.
(d) Dr. William Currie.
3. Where was the militia company stationed that shot off a cannon in Chapter 4?
(a) Fort Ligonier.
(b) Fort Mifflin.
(c) Fort Allen.
(d) Fort Gaddis.
4. How old was Matthew Clarkson when the plague struck Philadelphia?
5. What was the name of the second-year medical student who volunteered to help at Bush Hill?
(a) Mason Davidson.
(b) Isaac Hayes.
(c) Edward Franklin.
(d) Charles Caldwell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. Who was the speaker of the Senate in 1793?
3. How old was Benjamin Rush in 1793?
4. When did a savage storm hit the city bringing winds and torrents of rain?
5. How long had medical professionals believed that disease was caused by body humors being out of balance?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)