|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Confusion, Distress, and Utter Desolation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the militia company stationed that shot off a cannon in Chapter 4?
(a) Fort Mifflin.
(b) Fort Allen.
(c) Fort Gaddis.
(d) Fort Ligonier.
2. According to Dr. Hodge, where did the first deaths from the fever happen?
(a) On or near Main St.
(b) On or near Water St.
(c) 13th St.
(d) 4th St.
3. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
4. What year was a French watercolor done to show a yellow fever victim in the early stages of the illness?
5. What was the name of the doctor who had studied yellow fever, but never seen it?
(a) Dr. Samuel Griffitts.
(b) Dr. Benjamin Duffield.
(c) Dr. Benjamin Rush.
(d) Dr. William Currie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many died on September 8?
2. What was the name of one of the rivers that was drying up near Philadelphia?
3. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
4. When did Matthew Clarkson become mayor of Philadelphia?
5. Where did federal department heads move their offices?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)