|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Confusion, Distress, and Utter Desolation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the largest city in North America in 1793?
(c) New York.
2. How many people lived in Philadelphia in 1793?
3. What cargo did the sloop Amelia bring to Philadelphia?
4. According to Dr. Hodge, where did the first deaths from the fever happen?
(a) 4th St.
(b) On or near Main St.
(c) 13th St.
(d) On or near Water St.
5. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) The Federal Gazette.
(c) Daily News.
(d) City Paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the nationality of the sailor who had a fever and seizures before he died on August 3?
2. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
3. What was the name of one of the rivers that was drying up near Philadelphia?
4. What did many people sprinkle around their rooms after whitewashing them?
5. Who was the governor of Pennsylvania in 1793?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)