|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Church Bells Tolling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Catherine LeMaigre, what part of her body did she feel as though it was burning up?
2. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
3. What did doctors give Catherine LeMaigre to cool her fever?
(a) Mercury and the root of a poisonous plant.
(b) Ice chips.
(c) Cold cloths.
(d) Barley water and apple water.
4. What was the name of one of the rivers that was drying up near Philadelphia?
5. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of his children did Charles Willson Peale shut inside his museum-residence along with himself and his wife?
2. According to Dr. Hodge, where did the first deaths from the fever happen?
3. How old was Matthew Clarkson when the plague struck Philadelphia?
4. What were the sewers called in Philadelphia?
5. A few days before being called to care for Catherine LeMaigre, which doctor had lost his daughter to the same fever?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)