|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Church Bells Tolling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week were the recommendations published from the College of Physicians?
2. What did doctors give Catherine LeMaigre to cool her fever?
(a) Cold cloths.
(b) Ice chips.
(c) Mercury and the root of a poisonous plant.
(d) Barley water and apple water.
3. What did A.B., a contributor to "Dunlap's American Daily Advertiser," find in rainwater barrels?
(a) Dead cats.
(b) Dead dogs.
4. After a sailor died in a boarding house, who was the next person to die?
(a) Mr. Peter Aston.
(b) Mrs. Richard Parkinson.
(c) Mr. Denny.
(d) Mr. Moore.
5. What was the nationality of the sailor who had a fever and seizures before he died on August 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
2. How old was Catherine LeMaigre when she became ill?
3. What illness was seen in January of 1793?
4. What was the name of the doctor who had studied yellow fever, but never seen it?
5. A few days before being called to care for Catherine LeMaigre, which doctor had lost his daughter to the same fever?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)