|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Church Bells Tolling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the doctor who had studied yellow fever, but never seen it?
(a) Dr. Benjamin Duffield.
(b) Dr. Samuel Griffitts.
(c) Dr. Benjamin Rush.
(d) Dr. William Currie.
2. Where did the sloop Amelia come from?
(d) Santo Domingo.
3. What was the largest city in North America in 1793?
(d) New York.
4. How old was Benjamin Rush in 1793?
5. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) August 3.
(b) July 31.
(c) August 1.
(d) July 15.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did physicians call the tiny reddish sores that erupted on individuals who had the plague?
2. What were the sewers called in Philadelphia?
3. How many shops were in Philadelphia in 1793?
4. How old was Matthew Clarkson when the plague struck Philadelphia?
5. How many children did Clarkson have?
This section contains 127 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)