|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Church Bells Tolling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
2. How often would Catherine LeMaigre vomit?
(a) Every 10 minutes or so.
(b) Every couple hours.
(c) About every 30 minutes.
(d) Every 15 minutes.
3. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
4. Where was Dr. Rush's wife that summer of 1793?
5. What was the nationality of the sailor who had a fever and seizures before he died on August 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Clarkson's son who died during the plague?
2. What did many people sprinkle around their rooms after whitewashing them?
3. When did Clarkson ask the physicians from the College of Physicians to come to a meeting about the plague?
4. What illness was seen in January of 1793?
5. What cargo did the sloop Amelia bring to Philadelphia?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)