|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Church Bells Tolling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week did Catherine LeMaigre die?
2. What was the name of the doctor who had studied yellow fever, but never seen it?
(a) Dr. Samuel Griffitts.
(b) Dr. Benjamin Duffield.
(c) Dr. William Currie.
(d) Dr. Benjamin Rush.
3. How many shops were in Philadelphia in 1793?
4. How old was Matthew Clarkson when the plague struck Philadelphia?
5. What did many people sprinkle around their rooms after whitewashing them?
(b) Baking soda.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many physicians were in Philadelphia in 1793?
2. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
3. What was the name of one of the rivers that was drying up near Philadelphia?
4. How long had medical professionals believed that disease was caused by body humors being out of balance?
5. How many people died in two houses on the same street during one week?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)