|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Church Bells Tolling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people who contracted yellow fever usually died from it?
(a) 10 percent.
(b) 50 percent.
(c) 75 percent.
(d) 25 percent.
2. How long had medical professionals believed that disease was caused by body humors being out of balance?
(a) 3,000 years.
(b) 2,500 years.
(c) 500 years.
(d) 700 years.
3. What was Charles Willson Peale's wife's name?
4. What illness was seen in January of 1793?
(b) Scarlet fever.
5. How old was Catherine LeMaigre when she became ill?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Benjamin Rush in 1793?
2. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
3. To Catherine LeMaigre, what part of her body did she feel as though it was burning up?
4. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. What was the name of Clarkson's son who died during the plague?
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)