|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: Church Bells Tolling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many humors did physicians believe there were in the human body?
2. When did Clarkson ask the physicians from the College of Physicians to come to a meeting about the plague?
(a) August 28.
(b) August 19.
(c) August 25.
(d) August 14.
3. What type of church did Rev. J. Henry C. Helmuth pastor?
4. What did A.B., a contributor to "Dunlap's American Daily Advertiser," find in rainwater barrels?
(a) Dead dogs.
(c) Dead cats.
5. Where did the sloop Amelia come from?
(d) Santo Domingo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
2. How old was Benjamin Rush in 1793?
3. In which direction were the swamps near Philadelphia that had lost water due to the intense heat?
4. How did Louis XVI die?
5. According to Dr. Hodge, where did the first deaths from the fever happen?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)