|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two: All Was Not Right.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness was seen in January of 1793?
(a) Scarlet fever.
2. Where was Dr. Rush's wife that summer of 1793?
3. In what boarding house did a sailor die of a fever?
(a) Sarah Smythe's.
(b) William Wright's.
(c) Maggie MacPherson's.
(d) Richard Denny's.
4. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) August 3.
(b) August 1.
(c) July 31.
(d) July 15.
5. How many people who contracted yellow fever usually died from it?
(a) 10 percent.
(b) 25 percent.
(c) 75 percent.
(d) 50 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dr. Hodge, where did the first deaths from the fever happen?
2. What day of the week did Catherine LeMaigre die?
3. How many French refugees fled a fierce slave rebellion?
4. How many shops were in Philadelphia in 1793?
5. In which direction were the swamps near Philadelphia that had lost water due to the intense heat?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)