|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two: All Was Not Right.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had medical professionals believed that disease was caused by body humors being out of balance?
(a) 500 years.
(b) 3,000 years.
(c) 2,500 years.
(d) 700 years.
2. Who lent his house to George and Martha Washington?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Robert Morris.
(c) Matthew Clarkson
(d) Benjamin Rush.
3. In what boarding house did a sailor die of a fever?
(a) Richard Denny's.
(b) William Wright's.
(c) Sarah Smythe's.
(d) Maggie MacPherson's.
4. When had Dr. Rush seen a similar sickness before?
5. What did doctors give Catherine LeMaigre to cool her fever?
(a) Cold cloths.
(b) Mercury and the root of a poisonous plant.
(c) Ice chips.
(d) Barley water and apple water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Catherine LeMaigre's husband's name?
2. What did physicians call the tiny reddish sores that erupted on individuals who had the plague?
3. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. How often would Catherine LeMaigre vomit?
5. What day of the week did Catherine LeMaigre die?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)