|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two: All Was Not Right.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had medical professionals believed that disease was caused by body humors being out of balance?
(a) 700 years.
(b) 3,000 years.
(c) 2,500 years.
(d) 500 years.
2. How many people who contracted yellow fever usually died from it?
(a) 50 percent.
(b) 75 percent.
(c) 25 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
3. What was the nationality of the sailor who had a fever and seizures before he died on August 3?
4. What did doctors give Catherine LeMaigre to cool her fever?
(a) Mercury and the root of a poisonous plant.
(b) Cold cloths.
(c) Barley water and apple water.
(d) Ice chips.
5. What was the largest city in North America in 1793?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did physicians call the tiny reddish sores that erupted on individuals who had the plague?
2. What day of the week did Catherine LeMaigre die?
3. According to Dr. Hodge, where did the first deaths from the fever happen?
4. What year was a French watercolor done to show a yellow fever victim in the early stages of the illness?
5. What type of church did Rev. J. Henry C. Helmuth pastor?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)