|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: this Unmerciful Enemy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many whale oil streetlamps were in Philadelphia in 1793?
2. How long did George Washington plan to be gone from Philadelphia when he left the city?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 20 days.
(c) 15 days.
(d) 1 month.
3. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) August 3.
(b) July 15.
(c) July 31.
(d) August 1.
4. To Catherine LeMaigre, what part of her body did she feel as though it was burning up?
5. Where was Stephen Girard born?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rush contracted yellow fever again, how many days did he spend confined to bed unable to lift his head?
2. How many died on September 8?
3. How many shops were in Philadelphia in 1793?
4. How many pounds of blood did Dr. Rush and other doctors at that time believe that the human body held?
5. What was the largest city in North America in 1793?
This section contains 138 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)