|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: Improvements and the Public Gratitude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did President Washington leave Mount Vernon and head north?
(a) November 12.
(b) November 4.
(c) October 17.
(d) October 28.
2. When did Dr. Rush realize that he had yellow fever?
(a) September 14.
(b) September 21.
(c) September 18.
(d) September 12.
3. What paper did Andrew Brown publish?
(a) Federal Gazette.
(c) National Gazette.
(d) Daily News.
4. In the 1700s, what was often prescribed to break a slight fever?
(b) Herb tea.
5. By the time Dr. Rush contracted yellow fever, how many doctors had died?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cords of wood did a subcommittee obtain before winter set in?
2. How much did a jury award Dr. Rush including court costs when he sued Cobbett for libel?
3. How long was Dr. Currie's book about Philadelphia's plague?
4. What did many people sprinkle around their rooms after whitewashing them?
5. How many shops were in Philadelphia in 1793?
This section contains 137 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)