|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: Improvements and the Public Gratitude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was a portrait of Absalom Jones painted by Raphaelle?
2. Where did the sloop Amelia come from?
(a) Santo Domingo.
3. How many times did it rain in September, 1793?
4. When did the Black Plague strike in England?
5. What ship was seized by one of Genet's hired privateers?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years had doctors been using bloodletting or phlebotomy?
2. Where did John Bill Ricketts take his circus for the summer?
3. Who wrote a letter asking the Free African Society to nurse the sick and attend to the dead?
4. In what boarding house did a sailor die of a fever?
5. Who was hired to design and construct Philadelphia's first waterworks?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)