|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: Improvements and the Public Gratitude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was someone hired to design and construct Philadelphia's first waterworks?
2. How many rooms were there in Bush Hill?
3. How old was Dr. Deveze in 1793?
4. What was the name of William Cobbett's paper?
(a) The Porcupine's Gazette.
(b) The Daily News.
(c) The Eagle's Courier.
(d) The Daily Prophet.
5. How many times did it rain in September, 1793?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Free African Society founded?
2. Where was Dr. Rush's wife that summer of 1793?
3. About how many free blacks lived in Philadelphia?
4. How many people died in two houses on the same street during one week?
5. What was the name of Clarkson's son who died during the plague?
This section contains 110 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)