|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: Improvements and the Public Gratitude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did a savage storm hit the city bringing winds and torrents of rain?
(a) August 29.
(b) August 21.
(c) August 30.
(d) August 25.
2. Where did Thomas Jefferson and George Washington meet as they traveled toward Philadelphia?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 6, about how many persons were ill with the fever?
4. When did Stephen Girard contract a mild case of yellow fever?
5. How many shops were in Philadelphia in 1793?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the owner of Bush Hill?
2. What newspaper was printed occasionally by September?
3. What church in Philadelphia had been built with the help of blacks?
4. What was the name of a memorable poem written by Philip Freneau?
5. How much did Thomas Jefferson estimate that it cost him to get to Germantown?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)