|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: Improvements and the Public Gratitude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did George Washington make a personal inspection of Philadelphia?
(a) November 20.
(b) November 15.
(c) November 10.
(d) November 1.
2. How many high-ranking officials of the federal government were within a day's ride of Philadelphia?
3. How many blacks were Jones and Allen in direct contact with who might have helped tend the sick?
4. Who wrote that Death was riding triumphant on a pale horse at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Evan Manning.
(b) Anderson Ryan.
(c) Elhanan Winchester.
(d) Martin Whitcomb.
5. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) July 31.
(b) July 15.
(c) August 3.
(d) August 1.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bleedings did the Free African Society perform?
2. When did the fever reappear in Philadelphia?
3. How long did George Washington plan to be gone from Philadelphia when he left the city?
4. In 1793, what percent of Philadelphia's black worked as live-in domestic workers?
5. How old was Matthew Clarkson when the plague struck Philadelphia?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)