|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: Improvements and the Public Gratitude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did many people sprinkle around their rooms after whitewashing them?
(d) Baking soda.
2. How many of his children did Charles Willson Peale shut inside his museum-residence along with himself and his wife?
3. By the first of September, how many people were jammed into Bush Hill?
(a) Over 100.
(b) About 75.
(c) Nearly 150.
(d) Around 50.
4. How many watchmen were supposed to watch the streets of Philadelphia at night?
5. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bundles of shirts and dresses for orphans were sent by the Widow Grubb?
2. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. What was the occupation of a man named Mr. Brooks who reopened his shop on October 31 and died of yellow fever on November 3?
4. When was the Free African Society founded?
5. In what alley did Helmuth find 40 dead?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)