|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: Improvements and the Public Gratitude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was someone hired to design and construct Philadelphia's first waterworks?
2. How old was Catherine LeMaigre when she became ill?
3. What day of the week were the recommendations published from the College of Physicians?
4. What type of church did Reverend Mr. Helmuth pastor?
5. In which direction were the swamps near Philadelphia that had lost water due to the intense heat?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lent his house to George and Martha Washington?
2. How old was Dr. Deveze in 1793?
3. Besides the mayor, how many members were on the illegal special committee formed to run Philadelphia?
4. What did A.B., a contributor to "Dunlap's American Daily Advertiser," find in rainwater barrels?
5. What was the average yearly income in Philadelphia in 1793?
This section contains 141 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)