|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: Improvements and the Public Gratitude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On August 27, how many senators from the Pennsylvania legislature met at the state house?
2. Where did Dr. Rush apply to become a member of the medical faculty?
(a) University of Pennsylvania.
(b) John Hopkins.
(c) Columbia University.
3. When did Dr. Jean Deveze volunteer to work at Bush Hill?
(a) September 16.
(b) September 1.
(c) August 31.
(d) August 25.
4. How many French refugees fled a fierce slave rebellion?
5. What was the name of Clarkson's son who died during the plague?
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many free blacks lived in Philadelphia?
2. When did Dr. Rush realize that he had yellow fever?
3. How many blacks were Jones and Allen in direct contact with who might have helped tend the sick?
4. What was the name of William Cobbett's paper?
5. In 1793, what percent of Philadelphia's black worked as live-in domestic workers?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)