|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: Improvements and the Public Gratitude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jones and Allen discover a house where the mother was dead, the father was dying, and the children were huddled together, frightened and hungry?
(a) Water St.
(b) Beckett's Allley.
(c) Emsley's Alley.
(d) Main St.
2. Where was the militia company stationed that shot off a cannon in Chapter 4?
(a) Fort Gaddis.
(b) Fort Ligonier.
(c) Fort Allen.
(d) Fort Mifflin.
3. How much did the citizens of Manhattan send to aid Philadelphians?
4. When did the Black Plague strike in England?
5. When did the fever reappear in Philadelphia?
(a) 1798 and 1804.
(b) 1796 and 1803.
(c) 1794, 1796, 1797, and 1798.
(d) 1795, 1797, 1799, 1801.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many French refugees fled a fierce slave rebellion?
2. How many times a day did Charles Willson Peale fire a musket inside his house?
3. On what day did the death toll fall below thirty?
4. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. When Rush contracted yellow fever again, how many days did he spend confined to bed unable to lift his head?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)