|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: Improvements and the Public Gratitude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many whale oil streetlamps were in Philadelphia in 1793?
2. What was the name of the doctor who had studied yellow fever, but never seen it?
(a) Dr. Samuel Griffitts.
(b) Dr. Benjamin Rush.
(c) Dr. William Currie.
(d) Dr. Benjamin Duffield.
3. From Rev.Helmuth's congregation, how many died at the beginning of October?
4. To Catherine LeMaigre, what part of her body did she feel as though it was burning up?
5. How many died from the plague on October 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose letter did Dr. Rush find in his old medical books about the yellow plagues that had occurred in Virginia about fifty years earlier?
2. When did Matthew Clarkson become mayor of Philadelphia?
3. What paper did Andrew Brown publish?
4. At whose farm was Major Christian Piercy put out of a stagecoach?
5. Who was hired to design and construct Philadelphia's first waterworks?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)