|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: Improvements and the Public Gratitude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote that Death was riding triumphant on a pale horse at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Evan Manning.
(b) Elhanan Winchester.
(c) Anderson Ryan.
(d) Martin Whitcomb.
2. What did physicians call the tiny reddish sores that erupted on individuals who had the plague?
3. What Revolutionary War hero wrote begging Dr. Rush for his help during the 1797 yellow fever epidemic?
(a) Crispus Attucks.
(b) Adam Monroe.
(c) Haym Solomon.
(d) Thaddeus Kosciusko.
4. How much did some nurses begin receiving for tending the sick?
(a) $4-5 a day.
(b) $3-4 a day.
(c) $5-6 a day.
(d) $1-2 a day.
5. How many shops were in Philadelphia in 1793?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the fever reappear in Philadelphia?
2. How much did Thomas Jefferson estimate that it cost him to get to Germantown?
3. In which direction were the swamps near Philadelphia that had lost water due to the intense heat?
4. How many blacks were Jones and Allen in direct contact with who might have helped tend the sick?
5. How many French refugees fled a fierce slave rebellion?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)