|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: Improvements and the Public Gratitude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Dr. Rush's wife that summer of 1793?
2. What doctor wrote about the disgusting aspects of the vomit that spewed from fever victims?
(a) Isaac Cathrall.
(b) William Lewis.
(c) Benjamin Rush.
(d) Walter Reed.
3. Where was the mansion located that was commandeered for a place to care for seriously ill patients?
(a) 2 ½ miles northwest of the city.
(b) At the western edge of the city.
(c) 3 miles south of the city.
(d) At eastern edge of the city.
4. On October 17, which committee member wrote in the official minutes that the fever was winning?
(a) John Bordley.
(b) Caleb Lownes.
(c) David Bryan.
(d) Matthew Carey.
5. A few days before being called to care for Catherine LeMaigre, which doctor had lost his daughter to the same fever?
(a) Dr. Wyatt.
(b) Dr. Rush.
(c) Dr. Hodge.
(d) Dr. Foulke.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did George Washington plan to be gone from Philadelphia when he left the city?
2. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
3. Where did federal department heads move their offices?
4. Where was a Philadelphia woman and her black servant tarred and feathered?
5. What was the largest city in North America in 1793?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)