|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: Improvements and the Public Gratitude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
2. What doctor wrote about the disgusting aspects of the vomit that spewed from fever victims?
(a) William Lewis.
(b) Walter Reed.
(c) Isaac Cathrall.
(d) Benjamin Rush.
3. Who wrote a letter asking the Free African Society to nurse the sick and attend to the dead?
(a) Richard Allen.
(b) Absalom Jones.
(c) Benjamin Rush.
(d) Matthew Clarkson.
4. When Israel Israel finally won an election of Pennsylvania state legislature, by how many votes did he win?
5. What ship was seized by one of Genet's hired privateers?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years had doctors been using bloodletting or phlebotomy?
2. How many watchmen were supposed to watch the streets of Philadelphia at night?
3. Where did federal department heads move their offices?
4. How many French refugees fled a fierce slave rebellion?
5. How many bleedings did the Free African Society perform?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)