|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: Improvements and the Public Gratitude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did a jury award Dr. Rush including court costs when he sued Cobbett for libel?
2. How many children did Clarkson have?
3. What was the name of the second-year medical student who volunteered to help at Bush Hill?
(a) Isaac Hayes.
(b) Mason Davidson.
(c) Edward Franklin.
(d) Charles Caldwell.
4. In what boarding house did a sailor die of a fever?
(a) William Wright's.
(b) Maggie MacPherson's.
(c) Richard Denny's.
(d) Sarah Smythe's.
5. During the plague, how many days might it take for a letter to be sent to or from Philadelphia?
(a) 3-6 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 10-14 days.
(d) 17 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years had doctors been using bloodletting or phlebotomy?
2. How many bleedings did the Free African Society perform?
3. When did Dr. Rush realize that he had yellow fever?
4. When did Stephen Girard contract a mild case of yellow fever?
5. In what part of the state house building were the rooms of Joseph Fry, the doorkeeper who died from the fever?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)