|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: Improvements and the Public Gratitude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose letter did Dr. Rush find in his old medical books about the yellow plagues that had occurred in Virginia about fifty years earlier?
(a) John Mitchell.
(b) Charles Neece.
(c) Byant Whitcomb.
(d) Davis Miller.
2. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(b) Daily News.
(c) City Paper.
(d) The Federal Gazette.
3. Where was the city almshouse located?
(a) Main St.
(b) Water St.
(c) Spruce St.
(d) Ashton St.
4. What paper did Andrew Brown publish?
(a) Federal Gazette.
(b) National Gazette.
(c) Daily News.
5. How many times a day did Charles Willson Peale fire a musket inside his house?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many families did Jones and Allen visit in one day?
2. How old was Catherine LeMaigre when she became ill?
3. Who had President Washington put in charge when he left Philadelphia?
4. Where was the militia company stationed that shot off a cannon in Chapter 4?
5. What decorated houses where people were sick from the yellow fever?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)