|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: Improvements and the Public Gratitude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of a memorable poem written by Philip Freneau?
2. On October 17, which committee member wrote in the official minutes that the fever was winning?
(a) Matthew Carey.
(b) John Bordley.
(c) David Bryan.
(d) Caleb Lownes.
3. In what alley did Helmuth find 40 dead?
4. How many French refugees fled a fierce slave rebellion?
5. How many whale oil streetlamps were in Philadelphia in 1793?
Short Answer Questions
1. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
2. How many families did Jones and Allen visit in one day?
3. How old was Benjamin Rush in 1793?
4. Who was the governor of Maryland in 1793?
5. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
This section contains 136 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)