|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: Improvements and the Public Gratitude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many families did Jones and Allen visit in one day?
2. Who was the speaker of the Senate in 1793?
(a) Samuel Powel.
(b) Mason Brighting.
(c) John Whitcomb.
(d) Jason Manning.
3. How old was Matthew Clarkson when the plague struck Philadelphia?
4. About how many blacks in Philadelphia were slaves?
5. Where did Jones and Allen discover a house where the mother was dead, the father was dying, and the children were huddled together, frightened and hungry?
(a) Main St.
(b) Emsley's Alley.
(c) Water St.
(d) Beckett's Allley.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Israel Israel at the time of the plague?
2. Where did the sloop Amelia come from?
3. What did A.B., a contributor to "Dunlap's American Daily Advertiser," find in rainwater barrels?
4. What type of church did Reverend Mr. Helmuth pastor?
5. When was the Free African Society founded?
This section contains 143 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)