|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Confusion, Distress, and Utter Desolation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Charles Willson Peale's wife's name?
2. What was the largest city in North America in 1793?
(a) New York.
3. How many people lived in Philadelphia in 1793?
4. A few days before being called to care for Catherine LeMaigre, which doctor had lost his daughter to the same fever?
(a) Dr. Foulke.
(b) Dr. Wyatt.
(c) Dr. Rush.
(d) Dr. Hodge.
5. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) August 1.
(b) August 3.
(c) July 15.
(d) July 31.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the sewers called in Philadelphia?
2. What was the name of the second-year medical student who volunteered to help at Bush Hill?
3. What year was a French watercolor done to show a yellow fever victim in the early stages of the illness?
4. When did a savage storm hit the city bringing winds and torrents of rain?
5. How many physicians were in Philadelphia in 1793?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)