|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Confusion, Distress, and Utter Desolation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did federal department heads move their offices?
2. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
3. What was the largest city in North America in 1793?
(a) New York.
4. Where was the militia company stationed that shot off a cannon in Chapter 4?
(a) Fort Mifflin.
(b) Fort Gaddis.
(c) Fort Ligonier.
(d) Fort Allen.
5. In what boarding house did a sailor die of a fever?
(a) Richard Denny's.
(b) Sarah Smythe's.
(c) Maggie MacPherson's.
(d) William Wright's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did doctors give Catherine LeMaigre to cool her fever?
2. Where did John Bill Ricketts take his circus for the summer?
3. After a sailor died in a boarding house, who was the next person to die?
4. What was the name of one of the rivers that was drying up near Philadelphia?
5. What was the nationality of the sailor who had a fever and seizures before he died on August 3?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)