|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Confusion, Distress, and Utter Desolation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the militia company stationed that shot off a cannon in Chapter 4?
(a) Fort Mifflin.
(b) Fort Ligonier.
(c) Fort Gaddis.
(d) Fort Allen.
2. What was Catherine LeMaigre's husband's name?
3. Where was the mansion located that was commandeered for a place to care for seriously ill patients?
(a) 3 miles south of the city.
(b) At the western edge of the city.
(c) 2 ½ miles northwest of the city.
(d) At eastern edge of the city.
4. What did doctors give Catherine LeMaigre to cool her fever?
(a) Cold cloths.
(b) Ice chips.
(c) Barley water and apple water.
(d) Mercury and the root of a poisonous plant.
5. What year was a French watercolor done to show a yellow fever victim in the early stages of the illness?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people who contracted yellow fever usually died from it?
2. To Catherine LeMaigre, what part of her body did she feel as though it was burning up?
3. What was the nationality of the sailor who had a fever and seizures before he died on August 3?
4. How long did George Washington plan to be gone from Philadelphia when he left the city?
5. What illness was seen in January of 1793?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)