|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Confusion, Distress, and Utter Desolation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the second-year medical student who volunteered to help at Bush Hill?
(a) Isaac Hayes.
(b) Charles Caldwell.
(c) Edward Franklin.
(d) Mason Davidson.
2. How old was Matthew Clarkson when the plague struck Philadelphia?
3. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Daily News.
(c) The Federal Gazette.
(d) City Paper.
4. How many humors did physicians believe there were in the human body?
5. What was the name of Clarkson's son who died during the plague?
Short Answer Questions
1. On August 27, how many senators from the Pennsylvania legislature met at the state house?
2. Where did the sloop Amelia come from?
3. Who was the governor of Pennsylvania in 1793?
4. What did A.B., a contributor to "Dunlap's American Daily Advertiser," find in rainwater barrels?
5. What year was a French watercolor done to show a yellow fever victim in the early stages of the illness?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)