|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Confusion, Distress, and Utter Desolation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the militia company stationed that shot off a cannon in Chapter 4?
(a) Fort Ligonier.
(b) Fort Allen.
(c) Fort Gaddis.
(d) Fort Mifflin.
2. How many humors did physicians believe there were in the human body?
3. What were the sewers called in Philadelphia?
4. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(b) City Paper.
(c) Daily News.
(d) The Federal Gazette.
5. How long had medical professionals believed that disease was caused by body humors being out of balance?
(a) 700 years.
(b) 3,000 years.
(c) 2,500 years.
(d) 500 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the owner of Bush Hill?
2. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
3. In what part of the state house building were the rooms of Joseph Fry, the doorkeeper who died from the fever?
4. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
5. Where was Dr. Rush's wife that summer of 1793?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)