|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Confusion, Distress, and Utter Desolation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did physicians call the tiny reddish sores that erupted on individuals who had the plague?
2. Where was the city almshouse located?
(a) Main St.
(b) Spruce St.
(c) Ashton St.
(d) Water St.
3. What did many people sprinkle around their rooms after whitewashing them?
(d) Baking soda.
4. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(b) The Federal Gazette.
(c) City Paper.
(d) Daily News.
5. When did Clarkson ask the physicians from the College of Physicians to come to a meeting about the plague?
(a) August 25.
(b) August 19.
(c) August 28.
(d) August 14.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Benjamin Rush in 1793?
2. What did A.B., a contributor to "Dunlap's American Daily Advertiser," find in rainwater barrels?
3. How many rooms were there in Bush Hill?
4. How many representatives met at the state house on August 27?
5. What was the name of the doctor who had studied yellow fever, but never seen it?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)