|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Confusion, Distress, and Utter Desolation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Charles Willson Peale's wife's name?
2. How old was Matthew Clarkson when the plague struck Philadelphia?
3. How many of his children did Charles Willson Peale shut inside his museum-residence along with himself and his wife?
4. In which direction were the swamps near Philadelphia that had lost water due to the intense heat?
5. What did doctors give Catherine LeMaigre to cool her fever?
(a) Mercury and the root of a poisonous plant.
(b) Barley water and apple water.
(c) Cold cloths.
(d) Ice chips.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Louis XVI die?
2. What was the name of Clarkson's son who died during the plague?
3. How many physicians were in Philadelphia in 1793?
4. What did physicians call the tiny reddish sores that erupted on individuals who had the plague?
5. Who was the owner of Bush Hill?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)