|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Confusion, Distress, and Utter Desolation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Clarkson's son who died during the plague?
2. Who was the owner of Bush Hill?
(a) William Hamilton.
(b) George Smythe.
(c) David Browning.
(d) Robert Ashworth.
3. What was the nationality of the sailor who had a fever and seizures before he died on August 3?
4. How many Guardians were in charge of caring for the poor who did not live in the city almshouse?
5. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people who contracted yellow fever usually died from it?
2. Where was the city almshouse located?
3. When did Matthew Clarkson become mayor of Philadelphia?
4. What day of the week were the recommendations published from the College of Physicians?
5. A few days before being called to care for Catherine LeMaigre, which doctor had lost his daughter to the same fever?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)