|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Confusion, Distress, and Utter Desolation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the mansion located that was commandeered for a place to care for seriously ill patients?
(a) 2 ½ miles northwest of the city.
(b) 3 miles south of the city.
(c) At eastern edge of the city.
(d) At the western edge of the city.
2. What did A.B., a contributor to "Dunlap's American Daily Advertiser," find in rainwater barrels?
(a) Dead cats.
(d) Dead dogs.
3. What was the name of the second-year medical student who volunteered to help at Bush Hill?
(a) Mason Davidson.
(b) Edward Franklin.
(c) Charles Caldwell.
(d) Isaac Hayes.
4. When did Clarkson ask the physicians from the College of Physicians to come to a meeting about the plague?
(a) August 19.
(b) August 25.
(c) August 28.
(d) August 14.
5. What was Catherine LeMaigre's husband's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Benjamin Rush in 1793?
2. Where was Dr. Rush's wife that summer of 1793?
3. What cargo did the sloop Amelia bring to Philadelphia?
4. Where did federal department heads move their offices?
5. When did Matthew Clarkson become mayor of Philadelphia?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)