|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Confusion, Distress, and Utter Desolation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people died in two houses on the same street during one week?
2. What was the name of the doctor who had studied yellow fever, but never seen it?
(a) Dr. Benjamin Duffield.
(b) Dr. Benjamin Rush.
(c) Dr. William Currie.
(d) Dr. Samuel Griffitts.
3. Who lent his house to George and Martha Washington?
(a) Robert Morris.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Benjamin Rush.
(d) Matthew Clarkson
4. How old was Catherine LeMaigre when she became ill?
5. What was the name of Clarkson's son who died during the plague?
Short Answer Questions
1. A few days before being called to care for Catherine LeMaigre, which doctor had lost his daughter to the same fever?
2. How many physicians were in Philadelphia in 1793?
3. According to Dr. Hodge, where did the first deaths from the fever happen?
4. What was the largest city in North America in 1793?
5. What did physicians call the tiny reddish sores that erupted on individuals who had the plague?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)