|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Confusion, Distress, and Utter Desolation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did A.B., a contributor to "Dunlap's American Daily Advertiser," find in rainwater barrels?
(b) Dead cats.
(c) Dead dogs.
2. How many Overseers were in charge of managing the city almshouse?
3. What type of church did Rev. J. Henry C. Helmuth pastor?
4. What was the name of Clarkson's son who died during the plague?
5. How long did George Washington plan to be gone from Philadelphia when he left the city?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 15 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the governor of Pennsylvania in 1793?
2. What was the largest city in North America in 1793?
3. In what boarding house did a sailor die of a fever?
4. How old was Catherine LeMaigre when she became ill?
5. When did Matthew Clarkson become mayor of Philadelphia?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)