|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Confusion, Distress, and Utter Desolation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When had Dr. Rush seen a similar sickness before?
2. What did physicians call the tiny reddish sores that erupted on individuals who had the plague?
3. On August 27, how many senators from the Pennsylvania legislature met at the state house?
4. What were the sewers called in Philadelphia?
5. How long had medical professionals believed that disease was caused by body humors being out of balance?
(a) 3,000 years.
(b) 2,500 years.
(c) 500 years.
(d) 700 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. To Catherine LeMaigre, what part of her body did she feel as though it was burning up?
3. How many people died in two houses on the same street during one week?
4. According to Dr. Hodge, where did the first deaths from the fever happen?
5. When did a savage storm hit the city bringing winds and torrents of rain?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)