|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Confusion, Distress, and Utter Desolation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the governor of Pennsylvania in 1793?
2. Where did the sloop Amelia come from?
(a) Santo Domingo.
3. How long did George Washington plan to be gone from Philadelphia when he left the city?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 1 month.
4. When did a savage storm hit the city bringing winds and torrents of rain?
(a) August 29.
(b) August 30.
(c) August 25.
(d) August 21.
5. When had Dr. Rush seen a similar sickness before?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had medical professionals believed that disease was caused by body humors being out of balance?
2. Who was the speaker of the Senate in 1793?
3. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
4. How many shops were in Philadelphia in 1793?
5. Where was the mansion located that was commandeered for a place to care for seriously ill patients?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)