|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven: By Twelve Only.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What church in Philadelphia had been built with the help of blacks?
(a) St. Peter Episcopal Church.
(b) St. George Methodist Church.
(c) St. Thomas Episcopal Church.
(d) St. John Episcopal Church.
2. According to Dr. Hodge, where did the first deaths from the fever happen?
(a) On or near Water St.
(b) 13th St.
(c) 4th St.
(d) On or near Main St.
3. Who was the governor of Pennsylvania in 1793?
4. How many physicians were in Philadelphia in 1793?
5. What newspaper was printed occasionally by September?
(a) National Gazette.
(b) Philadelphia Daily Advertiser.
(c) Federal Gazette.
(d) Philadelphia Chronicle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money was donated to refugees from Santo Domingo?
2. When was the Free African Society founded?
3. How many humors did physicians believe there were in the human body?
4. In what part of the state house building were the rooms of Joseph Fry, the doorkeeper who died from the fever?
5. How old was Matthew Clarkson when the plague struck Philadelphia?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)