|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven: By Twelve Only.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the militia company stationed that shot off a cannon in Chapter 4?
(a) Fort Ligonier.
(b) Fort Allen.
(c) Fort Mifflin.
(d) Fort Gaddis.
2. What did doctors give Catherine LeMaigre to cool her fever?
(a) Cold cloths.
(b) Barley water and apple water.
(c) Mercury and the root of a poisonous plant.
(d) Ice chips.
3. Where did Jones and Allen discover a house where the mother was dead, the father was dying, and the children were huddled together, frightened and hungry?
(a) Water St.
(b) Emsley's Alley.
(c) Main St.
(d) Beckett's Allley.
4. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
5. What day of the week were the recommendations published from the College of Physicians?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the mansion located that was commandeered for a place to care for seriously ill patients?
2. Where was Dr. Rush's wife that summer of 1793?
3. How much money did the black leaders attempt to raise in order to build a new church?
4. In 1793, what percent of Philadelphia's black worked as live-in domestic workers?
5. How many died on September 8?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)