|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven: By Twelve Only.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did John Bill Ricketts take his circus for the summer?
(b) Rhode Island.
2. When was the Free African Society founded?
3. When did Matthew Clarkson become mayor of Philadelphia?
4. How often would Catherine LeMaigre vomit?
(a) Every 15 minutes.
(b) Every couple hours.
(c) About every 30 minutes.
(d) Every 10 minutes or so.
5. What did doctors give Catherine LeMaigre to cool her fever?
(a) Cold cloths.
(b) Ice chips.
(c) Mercury and the root of a poisonous plant.
(d) Barley water and apple water.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did a savage storm hit the city bringing winds and torrents of rain?
2. Who was the speaker of the Senate in 1793?
3. In what part of the state house building were the rooms of Joseph Fry, the doorkeeper who died from the fever?
4. What doctor wrote about the disgusting aspects of the vomit that spewed from fever victims?
5. Where was Dr. Rush's wife that summer of 1793?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)