|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven: By Twelve Only.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did doctors give Catherine LeMaigre to cool her fever?
(a) Mercury and the root of a poisonous plant.
(b) Cold cloths.
(c) Barley water and apple water.
(d) Ice chips.
2. When was the last time that there was a yellow fever epidemic?
3. In what part of the state house building were the rooms of Joseph Fry, the doorkeeper who died from the fever?
4. How long did George Washington plan to be gone from Philadelphia when he left the city?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 20 days.
(c) 15 days.
(d) 1 month.
5. When was a portrait of Absalom Jones painted by Raphaelle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What church in Philadelphia had been built with the help of blacks?
2. Where was Stephen Girard born?
3. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
4. How long had medical professionals believed that disease was caused by body humors being out of balance?
5. What state refused to allow a ship from Philadelphia to land and take on water?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)