|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven: By Twelve Only.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had medical professionals believed that disease was caused by body humors being out of balance?
(a) 700 years.
(b) 500 years.
(c) 2,500 years.
(d) 3,000 years.
2. How much did the citizens of Manhattan send to aid Philadelphians?
3. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
4. To Catherine LeMaigre, what part of her body did she feel as though it was burning up?
5. How old was Matthew Clarkson when the plague struck Philadelphia?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many watchmen were supposed to watch the streets of Philadelphia at night?
2. How many Guardians were in charge of caring for the poor who did not live in the city almshouse?
3. How old was Dr. Deveze in 1793?
4. What newspaper was printed occasionally by September?
5. Where did Jones and Allen discover a house where the mother was dead, the father was dying, and the children were huddled together, frightened and hungry?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)