|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven: By Twelve Only.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) City Paper.
(c) Daily News.
(d) The Federal Gazette.
2. How many Overseers were in charge of managing the city almshouse?
3. Besides the mayor, how many members were on the illegal special committee formed to run Philadelphia?
4. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
5. When did Dr. Jean Deveze volunteer to work at Bush Hill?
(a) September 16.
(b) August 31.
(c) August 25.
(d) September 1.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had medical professionals believed that disease was caused by body humors being out of balance?
2. What did physicians call the tiny reddish sores that erupted on individuals who had the plague?
3. How old was Israel Israel at the time of the plague?
4. How many Guardians were in charge of caring for the poor who did not live in the city almshouse?
5. What was the name of the doctor who had studied yellow fever, but never seen it?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)