|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven: By Twelve Only.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
2. How many families did Jones and Allen visit in one day?
3. How much did some nurses begin receiving for tending the sick?
(a) $5-6 a day.
(b) $3-4 a day.
(c) $1-2 a day.
(d) $4-5 a day.
4. Who wrote a letter asking the Free African Society to nurse the sick and attend to the dead?
(a) Matthew Clarkson.
(b) Benjamin Rush.
(c) Richard Allen.
(d) Absalom Jones.
5. When did George and Martha Washington leave Philadelphia?
(a) September 10.
(b) September 30.
(c) September 21.
(d) August 23.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doctor wrote about the disgusting aspects of the vomit that spewed from fever victims?
2. A few days before being called to care for Catherine LeMaigre, which doctor had lost his daughter to the same fever?
3. How many rooms were there in Bush Hill?
4. When did Stephen Girard contract a mild case of yellow fever?
5. What did many people sprinkle around their rooms after whitewashing them?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)