|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did many people sprinkle around their rooms after whitewashing them?
(a) Baking soda.
2. How many high-ranking officials of the federal government were within a day's ride of Philadelphia?
3. How many bleedings did the Free African Society perform?
(c) About 500.
(d) Over 800.
4. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) City Paper.
(c) Daily News.
(d) The Federal Gazette.
5. When did President Washington leave Mount Vernon and head north?
(a) November 4.
(b) October 28.
(c) October 17.
(d) November 12.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Thomas Jefferson estimate that it cost him to get to Germantown?
2. What was the name of Dr. Rush's sister who died during the plague?
3. By the time Dr. Rush contracted yellow fever, how many doctors had died?
4. In Chapter 6 in a letter to his wife, how many patients did Dr. Rush say that he was learning had died every morning?
5. After Dr. Rush seemed to be cured of yellow fever, how many patients sought him in a day?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)