|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week were the recommendations published from the College of Physicians?
2. What was Charles Willson Peale's wife's name?
3. Who had President Washington put in charge when he left Philadelphia?
(a) Henry Knox.
(b) John Hancock.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) James Madison.
4. In the 1700s, what was often prescribed to break a slight fever?
(b) Herb tea.
5. When did Matthew Clarkson become mayor of Philadelphia?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 6, about how many persons were ill with the fever?
2. Whose letter did Dr. Rush find in his old medical books about the yellow plagues that had occurred in Virginia about fifty years earlier?
3. Who was the governor of Maryland in 1793?
4. How many of his children did Charles Willson Peale shut inside his museum-residence along with himself and his wife?
5. What was the name of Clarkson's son who died during the plague?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)