|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Dr. Rush hire a horse-drawn carriage and begin visiting patients after his bout with yellow fever?
(a) September 19.
(b) September 23.
(c) September 25.
(d) September 21.
2. Who had President Washington put in charge when he left Philadelphia?
(a) James Madison.
(b) John Hancock.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Henry Knox.
3. How many weeks did Henry Knox spend in quarantine?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
4. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
5. How old was the servant boy that Dr. Rush trained to open a vein and see the sick?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times a day would Dr. Rush administer the Ten-and-Ten or Ten-and-Fifteen Treatment?
2. When did Dr. Rush realize that he had yellow fever?
3. When did President Washington leave Mount Vernon and head north?
4. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)