|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose letter did Dr. Rush find in his old medical books about the yellow plagues that had occurred in Virginia about fifty years earlier?
(a) Davis Miller.
(b) Charles Neece.
(c) John Mitchell.
(d) Byant Whitcomb.
2. How many bleedings did the Free African Society perform?
(b) Over 800.
(d) About 500.
3. When did Dr. Rush realize that he had yellow fever?
(a) September 14.
(b) September 21.
(c) September 18.
(d) September 12.
4. What did A.B., a contributor to "Dunlap's American Daily Advertiser," find in rainwater barrels?
(a) Dead cats.
(d) Dead dogs.
5. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 6, about how many persons were ill with the fever?
2. What Revolutionary War hero wrote begging Dr. Rush for his help during the 1797 yellow fever epidemic?
3. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. How much did Thomas Jefferson estimate that it cost him to get to Germantown?
5. By the time Dr. Rush contracted yellow fever, how many doctors had died?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)