|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
2. How many weeks did Henry Knox spend in quarantine?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 6, about how many persons were ill with the fever?
4. After Dr. Rush's assistants bled him and administered the purge, how many days did it take for him to get back on his feet?
5. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Charles Willson Peale's wife's name?
2. Who had President Washington put in charge when he left Philadelphia?
3. What was the name of the doctor who had studied yellow fever, but never seen it?
4. What was the occupation of a man named Mr. Brooks who reopened his shop on October 31 and died of yellow fever on November 3?
5. What Revolutionary War hero wrote begging Dr. Rush for his help during the 1797 yellow fever epidemic?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)