|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did George Washington make a personal inspection of Philadelphia?
(a) November 1.
(b) November 10.
(c) November 20.
(d) November 15.
2. What did A.B., a contributor to "Dunlap's American Daily Advertiser," find in rainwater barrels?
(a) Dead dogs.
(b) Dead cats.
3. What day of the week were the recommendations published from the College of Physicians?
4. What was the name of Dr. Rush's sister who died during the plague?
5. What ship was seized by one of Genet's hired privateers?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Matthew Clarkson become mayor of Philadelphia?
2. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. After Dr. Rush seemed to be cured of yellow fever, how many patients sought him in a day?
4. How many times a day did Charles Willson Peale fire a musket inside his house?
5. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)