|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Thomas Jefferson and George Washington meet as they traveled toward Philadelphia?
2. When did Dr. Rush hire a horse-drawn carriage and begin visiting patients after his bout with yellow fever?
(a) September 25.
(b) September 19.
(c) September 21.
(d) September 23.
3. What did many people sprinkle around their rooms after whitewashing them?
(d) Baking soda.
4. How many pounds of blood did Dr. Rush and other doctors at that time believe that the human body held?
5. What was the name of the doctor who had studied yellow fever, but never seen it?
(a) Dr. Samuel Griffitts.
(b) Dr. Benjamin Rush.
(c) Dr. William Currie.
(d) Dr. Benjamin Duffield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
2. When did Clarkson ask the physicians from the College of Physicians to come to a meeting about the plague?
3. What was the name of Dr. Rush's sister who died during the plague?
4. What ship was seized by one of Genet's hired privateers?
5. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)