|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Dr. Rush's assistants bled him and administered the purge, how many days did it take for him to get back on his feet?
2. Who had President Washington put in charge when he left Philadelphia?
(a) John Hancock.
(b) James Madison.
(c) Henry Knox.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
3. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Daily News.
(c) City Paper.
(d) The Federal Gazette.
4. How old was Matthew Clarkson when the plague struck Philadelphia?
5. When did Clarkson ask the physicians from the College of Physicians to come to a meeting about the plague?
(a) August 14.
(b) August 25.
(c) August 28.
(d) August 19.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Charles Willson Peale's wife's name?
2. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
3. What day of the week were the recommendations published from the College of Physicians?
4. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
5. On what day did the death toll fall below thirty?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)