|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day did the death toll fall below thirty?
(a) November 4.
(b) October 26.
(c) October 31.
(d) November 1.
2. How many of his children did Charles Willson Peale shut inside his museum-residence along with himself and his wife?
3. How old was Matthew Clarkson when the plague struck Philadelphia?
4. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
5. What did many people sprinkle around their rooms after whitewashing them?
(c) Baking soda.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years had doctors been using bloodletting or phlebotomy?
2. What was Charles Willson Peale's wife's name?
3. In the 1700s, what was often prescribed to break a slight fever?
4. How many weeks did Henry Knox spend in quarantine?
5. What was the occupation of a man named Mr. Brooks who reopened his shop on October 31 and died of yellow fever on November 3?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)