|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the occupation of a man named Mr. Brooks who reopened his shop on October 31 and died of yellow fever on November 3?
2. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
3. What Revolutionary War hero wrote begging Dr. Rush for his help during the 1797 yellow fever epidemic?
(a) Haym Solomon.
(b) Thaddeus Kosciusko.
(c) Crispus Attucks.
(d) Adam Monroe.
4. During the plague, how many days might it take for a letter to be sent to or from Philadelphia?
(a) 10-14 days.
(b) 17 days.
(c) 3-6 days.
(d) 8 days.
5. How many times a day would Dr. Rush administer the Ten-and-Ten or Ten-and-Fifteen Treatment?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Dr. Rush seemed to be cured of yellow fever, how many patients sought him in a day?
2. When did George Washington make a personal inspection of Philadelphia?
3. Whose letter did Dr. Rush find in his old medical books about the yellow plagues that had occurred in Virginia about fifty years earlier?
4. How many high-ranking officials of the federal government were within a day's ride of Philadelphia?
5. How many bleedings did the Free African Society perform?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)