|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times a day did Charles Willson Peale fire a musket inside his house?
2. When was the last time that there was a yellow fever epidemic?
3. When did Dr. Rush realize that he had yellow fever?
(a) September 21.
(b) September 18.
(c) September 12.
(d) September 14.
4. What Revolutionary War hero wrote begging Dr. Rush for his help during the 1797 yellow fever epidemic?
(a) Crispus Attucks.
(b) Haym Solomon.
(c) Thaddeus Kosciusko.
(d) Adam Monroe.
5. In the 1700s, what was often prescribed to break a slight fever?
(b) Herb tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ship was seized by one of Genet's hired privateers?
2. By September 5, how many of Dr. Rush's patients did he claim improved with the Ten-and-Ten treatment?
3. In Chapter 6 in a letter to his wife, how many patients did Dr. Rush say that he was learning had died every morning?
4. How many watchmen were supposed to watch the streets of Philadelphia at night?
5. What was Charles Willson Peale's wife's name?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)