|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week were the recommendations published from the College of Physicians?
2. When did Matthew Clarkson become mayor of Philadelphia?
3. How many times a day did Charles Willson Peale fire a musket inside his house?
4. How much did Thomas Jefferson estimate that it cost him to get to Germantown?
5. By September 5, how many of Dr. Rush's patients did he claim improved with the Ten-and-Ten treatment?
(a) 8 out of 10.
(b) 15 out of 20.
(c) 3 out of 5.
(d) 29 out of 30.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of a man named Mr. Brooks who reopened his shop on October 31 and died of yellow fever on November 3?
2. What was the name of Clarkson's son who died during the plague?
3. In Chapter 6 in a letter to his wife, how many patients did Dr. Rush say that he was learning had died every morning?
4. When did President Washington leave Mount Vernon and head north?
5. When did Dr. Rush hire a horse-drawn carriage and begin visiting patients after his bout with yellow fever?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)