|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Thomas Jefferson estimate that it cost him to get to Germantown?
2. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
3. How many bleedings did the Free African Society perform?
(b) About 500.
(c) Over 800.
4. During the plague, how many days might it take for a letter to be sent to or from Philadelphia?
(a) 10-14 days.
(b) 3-6 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 17 days.
5. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had President Washington put in charge when he left Philadelphia?
2. On what day did the death toll fall below thirty?
3. What was the name of the doctor who had studied yellow fever, but never seen it?
4. What did A.B., a contributor to "Dunlap's American Daily Advertiser," find in rainwater barrels?
5. How many high-ranking officials of the federal government were within a day's ride of Philadelphia?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)