|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Charles Willson Peale's wife's name?
2. How many bleedings did the Free African Society perform?
(a) About 500.
(d) Over 800.
3. Who had President Washington put in charge when he left Philadelphia?
(a) Henry Knox.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) James Madison.
(d) John Hancock.
4. How many patients did Dr. Rush's five assistants each see in one day after Dr. Rush's recovery?
5. Who was the governor of Maryland in 1793?
(a) Bryan Andrews.
(b) Thomas Sim Lee.
(c) Matthew Vining.
(d) John David Smythe.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Clarkson ask the physicians from the College of Physicians to come to a meeting about the plague?
2. After Dr. Rush's assistants bled him and administered the purge, how many days did it take for him to get back on his feet?
3. When did Dr. Rush hire a horse-drawn carriage and begin visiting patients after his bout with yellow fever?
4. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
5. How many pounds of blood did Dr. Rush and other doctors at that time believe that the human body held?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)