|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Revolutionary War hero wrote begging Dr. Rush for his help during the 1797 yellow fever epidemic?
(a) Adam Monroe.
(b) Crispus Attucks.
(c) Thaddeus Kosciusko.
(d) Haym Solomon.
2. After Dr. Rush seemed to be cured of yellow fever, how many patients sought him in a day?
3. In the 1700s, what was often prescribed to break a slight fever?
(b) Herb tea.
4. How many watchmen were supposed to watch the streets of Philadelphia at night?
5. When did President Washington leave Mount Vernon and head north?
(a) November 4.
(b) November 12.
(c) October 28.
(d) October 17.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Clarkson's son who died during the plague?
2. How many patients did Dr. Rush's five assistants each see in one day after Dr. Rush's recovery?
3. Who was the governor of Maryland in 1793?
4. How old was the servant boy that Dr. Rush trained to open a vein and see the sick?
5. On what day did the death toll fall below thirty?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)