|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did President Washington leave Mount Vernon and head north?
(a) November 12.
(b) October 17.
(c) November 4.
(d) October 28.
2. By the time Dr. Rush contracted yellow fever, how many doctors had died?
3. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) The Federal Gazette.
(b) City Paper.
(d) Daily News.
4. What Revolutionary War hero wrote begging Dr. Rush for his help during the 1797 yellow fever epidemic?
(a) Adam Monroe.
(b) Haym Solomon.
(c) Crispus Attucks.
(d) Thaddeus Kosciusko.
5. In Chapter 6 in a letter to his wife, how many patients did Dr. Rush say that he was learning had died every morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many physicians from the College of Physicians showed up when Matthew Clarkson called a meeting?
2. When did Dr. Rush realize that he had yellow fever?
3. What eye condition did Matthew Clarkson have?
4. How many children did Clarkson have?
5. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)