|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Thomas Jefferson and George Washington meet as they traveled toward Philadelphia?
2. On what day did the death toll fall below thirty?
(a) November 1.
(b) November 4.
(c) October 31.
(d) October 26.
3. What was the name of the newspaper that was printed at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) City Paper.
(b) Daily News.
(c) The Federal Gazette.
4. What was the name of Clarkson's son who died during the plague?
5. How many bleedings did the Free African Society perform?
(a) Over 800.
(d) About 500.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of a man named Mr. Brooks who reopened his shop on October 31 and died of yellow fever on November 3?
2. In the 1700s, what was often prescribed to break a slight fever?
3. How many people do historians estimate fled from Philadelphia during the fever?
4. When did Dr. Rush hire a horse-drawn carriage and begin visiting patients after his bout with yellow fever?
5. How many watchmen were supposed to watch the streets of Philadelphia at night?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)