|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Clive in Chapter Four?
2. What is Vernon's staff's reaction to the Garmony's going to the media?
3. On what day is Vernon hailed as the savior of The Judge?
4. What happens to Vernon's job at The Judge?
5. In Clive's opinion, what does Vernon lack?
Essay Topic 1
How does Ian McEwan use flashbacks in Amsterdam? Are they effective in moving the story along or do they hinder its development? Why are the flashbacks important to the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Does each character achieve their overall goal in the novel? Does each character get the revenge they seek? How do you think each character feels at the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Is the ending of the novel realistic? If so, can you see why others might not think so? If you think it's unrealistic, why? What changes to make the ending more realistic?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)