|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What consequence does Vernon consider to posting the pictures?
2. What do both Clive and Vernon fail to see?
3. What right does Vernon deny Julian by publishing his photos?
4. Which pair of characters disagrees about publishing photos of Julian in The Judge?
5. What does Clive confess to Vernon on the phone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clive oppose Vernon's plan to post the pictures?
2. What inspires Clive when he goes hiking?
3. Why does Clive confess that he sees a violent attack to Vernon?
4. How is Vernon's fortune been reversed?
5. Why does Rose Garmony go on TV instead of Julian?
6. What is Vernon's plan for the photos of Julian?
7. What affect does the revealed photo have on Julian Garmony's career?
8. Why doesn't Clive contact the police about what he witnesses at the hiking trail?
9. What choice does Clive make on his hiking trip?
10. What obstacles stand in the way of Vernon's plan for Julian's photos?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the way in which Vernon's fortune reverses. Does Clive's fortune take a similar negative spiral? What about George and Julian? Cite at least three sources.
Essay Topic 2
How far does each character go in serving their own interests? Does each character get away with it? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the foreshadowing that occurs throughout the novel. What predictions do you make based on foreshadowing? Are your predictions correct? Cite at least three quotes from the novel.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)