Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Clive in Chapter Four?
2. What is Vernon's staff's reaction to the Garmony's going to the media?
3. On what day is Vernon hailed as the savior of The Judge?
4. What happens to Vernon's job at The Judge?
5. In Clive's opinion, what does Vernon lack?
What are some of the parallels between the lives of Clive and Vernon? Discuss other parallels that occur throughout the novel.
How does Ian McEwan use flashbacks in Amsterdam? Are they effective in moving the story along or do they hinder its development? Why are the flashbacks important to the novel?
Is the ending of the novel realistic? If so, can you see why others might not think so? If you think it's unrealistic, why? What changes to make the ending more realistic?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)