|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Julian trust with the photographs?
2. Who plans to ruin Vernon's job at The Judge?
3. What happens to Vernon's job at The Judge?
4. Where does Clive go to hike?
5. Why are the pictures of Julian so scandalous?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Vernon consider the consequences of posting the photos of Julian?
2. How is Clive unethical?
3. Are Clive and Vernon hypocrites? Why or why not?
4. Is Vernon really a victim? If so, what is he a victim of?
5. What role does Clive believe he plays in his relationship with Vernon? What role does Vernon play in the relationship, according to Clive?
6. Describe the photos that Vernon has of Julian.
7. How is Vernon's fortune been reversed?
8. What affect does the revealed photo have on Julian Garmony's career?
9. What is the root cause of Clive and Vernon's relationship falling apart?
10. Why doesn't Clive contact the police about what he witnesses at the hiking trail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is there a protagonist in Amsterdam? Why or why not? Is there an antagonist in the novel? Why or why not? What is significant about the protagonist and antagonist roles in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Is there a moral in Amsterdam? Is Ian McEwan trying to teach a lesson through his work? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How far does each character go in serving their own interests? Does each character get away with it? Why or why not?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)