Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Clive in Chapter Four?
2. What is Vernon's staff's reaction to the Garmony's going to the media?
3. On what day is Vernon hailed as the savior of The Judge?
4. What happens to Vernon's job at The Judge?
5. In Clive's opinion, what does Vernon lack?
How does Ian McEwan use flashbacks in Amsterdam? Are they effective in moving the story along or do they hinder its development? Why are the flashbacks important to the novel?
How is the novel Amsterdam controversial? How do you think society views this book? Is Ian McEwan trying to teach a lesson about euthanasia? Why or why not?
Does each character achieve their overall goal in the novel? Does each character get the revenge they seek? How do you think each character feels at the end of the novel?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)