|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank's last name?
2. What happens to Vernon's job at The Judge?
3. How does Clive get to Penrith?
4. How does Clive feel about ignoring the argument?
5. What enables Vernon to be able to publish the photos in Chapter Three?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the foreshadowing that occurs throughout the novel. What predictions do you make based on foreshadowing? Are your predictions correct? Cite at least three quotes from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Determine the climax, introduction, resolution, and rising action in the novel. Use at least four quotes from the novel, and your reasoning behind your opinions.
Essay Topic 3
How does Clive lose his moral authority over Vernon? What else does this undermine? Does this change your opinion of his character? Are any of the characters more virtuous than others? Why or why not?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)