|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What roles does Clive believe that Vernon plays?
2. How long does Julian's wife claim to know about his sexual proclivities?
3. What type of worker is Frank?
4. Why is Vernon angry at his staff?
5. What is Frank's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What obstacles stand in the way of Vernon's plan for Julian's photos?
2. How is Clive unethical?
3. What affect does the revealed photo have on Julian Garmony's career?
4. Why does Rose Garmony go on TV instead of Julian?
5. What is Vernon's plan for the photos of Julian?
6. What choice does Clive make on his hiking trip?
7. What conclusions does Clive come to about his relationship with Vernon?
8. Why does Clive confess that he sees a violent attack to Vernon?
9. Is Vernon really a victim? If so, what is he a victim of?
10. How does Clive undermine his moral authority?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is there a protagonist in Amsterdam? Why or why not? Is there an antagonist in the novel? Why or why not? What is significant about the protagonist and antagonist roles in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the ways in which each character fails to see their own shortcomings, even up to the end of the novel where the only thing that all of them cares about is revenge.
Essay Topic 3
Is the ending of the novel realistic? If so, can you see why others might not think so? If you think it's unrealistic, why? What changes to make the ending more realistic?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)