|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Julian been outed as?
2. Where are the pictures of Julian taken?
3. Who does Julian trust with the photographs?
4. Through what outlet does the Garmony family make a statement?
5. Who does Julian's wife publicly denounce?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Clive unethical?
2. Is Vernon really a victim? If so, what is he a victim of?
3. What obstacles stand in the way of Vernon's plan for Julian's photos?
4. Why does Clive oppose Vernon's plan to post the pictures?
5. Why does Rose Garmony go on TV instead of Julian?
6. How is Vernon's fortune been reversed?
7. How is Vernon unethical?
8. What is Vernon's plan for the photos of Julian?
9. What choice does Clive make on his hiking trip?
10. What inspires Clive when he goes hiking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is significant about the novel being written in the third person point of view? Does the novel work if it is written in a different point of view? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How is the novel Amsterdam controversial? How do you think society views this book? Is Ian McEwan trying to teach a lesson about euthanasia? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Determine the climax, introduction, resolution, and rising action in the novel. Use at least four quotes from the novel, and your reasoning behind your opinions.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)