|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does George take care of Molly in her final days?
2. What does Clive want to accomplish in finishing his project?
3. Which of the following foreshadows events to occur after Chapter Two?
4. What is the first setting in Chapter Two?
5. What is Vernon's reaction to Clive's proposal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Molly's funeral inspire Clive?
2. Describe George's character.
3. What is the relationship like between Clive and Vernon in Chapter Two?
4. How does George get the photos?
5. Why does George give Vernon the photos of Julian?
6. Describe Clive's character.
7. Describe the article about euthanasia that is featured in The Judge.
8. What is ironic about Julian's career potentially being ruined by the photos being published in The Judge?
9. Paired with another symbol from the novel, the article about euthanasia foreshadows a future event. What is this event, and what is the other symbol?
10. Describe Molly's character.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is the ending of the novel realistic? If so, can you see why others might not think so? If you think it's unrealistic, why? What changes to make the ending more realistic?
Essay Topic 2
Is there a protagonist in Amsterdam? Why or why not? Is there an antagonist in the novel? Why or why not? What is significant about the protagonist and antagonist roles in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze any of the two of the characters and their relationship throughout the novel. What motivates them? How are they connected? What are their goals? Do their lives have any parallels?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)