|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does George take care of Molly in her final days?
2. What type of story is featured in The Judge the day of Vernon's first meeting in the novel?
3. Which of the following foreshadows events to occur after Chapter Two?
4. What is Julian's last name?
5. What is Vernon's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the theme of revenge tie into the plot in Chapter Two?
2. How does Vernon plan to use the photos?
3. What is the relationship like between Clive and Vernon in Chapter Two?
4. Describe Julian's character.
5. Does George have ulterior motives in giving Vernon the photos to publish of Julian?
6. How does the novel foreshadow a deteriorating relationship between Clive and Vernon?
7. Describe Molly's character.
8. Why does George care for Molly when her health deteriorates?
9. How far is Vernon willing to go to ruin Julian's life?
10. Describe Clive's character.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does each character achieve their overall goal in the novel? Does each character get the revenge they seek? How do you think each character feels at the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Is there a moral in Amsterdam? Is Ian McEwan trying to teach a lesson through his work? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Is the ending of the novel realistic? If so, can you see why others might not think so? If you think it's unrealistic, why? What changes to make the ending more realistic?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)