|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vernon's occupation?
2. What relationship is George to Molly?
3. What is Clive been commissioned to write?
4. Who do the photos belong to?
5. Which of the following foreshadows events to occur after Chapter Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. What chance of a lifetime does Clive get?
2. How does the theme of revenge tie into the plot in Chapter Two?
3. Describe Vernon's character.
4. Why does Molly's funeral inspire Clive?
5. Describe George's character.
6. Paired with another symbol from the novel, the article about euthanasia foreshadows a future event. What is this event, and what is the other symbol?
7. Describe Clive's character.
8. Describe Molly's character.
9. Describe Julian's character.
10. How are George, Clive, Vernon, and Julian connected?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the parallels between the lives of Clive and Vernon? Discuss other parallels that occur throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Is the ending of the novel realistic? If so, can you see why others might not think so? If you think it's unrealistic, why? What changes to make the ending more realistic?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the ways in which each character fails to see their own shortcomings, even up to the end of the novel where the only thing that all of them cares about is revenge.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)