|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which order does Vernon receive calls while he is at work in Chapter Two?
2. Where does The Judge often feature articles about Julian?
3. While Vernon is in a meeting at the beginning of Chapter Two who calls urgently?
4. When does Clive want to be euthanized?
5. Who is in the photos that George gives to Vernon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about Julian's career potentially being ruined by the photos being published in The Judge?
2. Do Clive and Vernon share the same level of dislike for Julian?
3. Why does George give Vernon the photos of Julian?
4. How does Vernon plan to use the photos?
5. Describe Julian's character.
6. Describe George and Molly's relationship.
7. Describe Vernon's character.
8. Why does Clive want to go to the Lake District?
9. What chance of a lifetime does Clive get?
10. What is the relationship like between Clive and Vernon in Chapter Two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Though revenge is a key theme of the novel, there are others as well. What are three other themes or symbols in the novel? How do they contribute to the novel's plot? What is the significance of including these symbols in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Determine the climax, introduction, resolution, and rising action in the novel. Use at least four quotes from the novel, and your reasoning behind your opinions.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the parallels between the lives of Clive and Vernon? Discuss other parallels that occur throughout the novel.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)