|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Vernon is in a meeting at the beginning of Chapter Two who calls urgently?
2. What is Vernon's last name?
3. What agreement do Vernon and Clive have?
4. Where does Vernon visit Clive in Chapter Two?
5. What type of weather is present at Molly's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Julian's character.
2. How far is Vernon willing to go to ruin Julian's life?
3. What conclusions does Clive come to about his relationship with Vernon?
4. Describe the article about euthanasia that is featured in The Judge.
5. What is the relationship like between Clive and Vernon in Chapter Two?
6. What does Clive feel makes him feel better about his symphony?
7. Describe Molly's character.
8. What affect does the revealed photo have on Julian Garmony's career?
9. How is Vernon unethical?
10. Why does Rose Garmony go on TV instead of Julian?
Essay Topic 1
How does Clive lose his moral authority over Vernon? What else does this undermine? Does this change your opinion of his character? Are any of the characters more virtuous than others? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is significant about the novel being written in the third person point of view? Does the novel work if it is written in a different point of view? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the parallels between the lives of Clive and Vernon? Discuss other parallels that occur throughout the novel.
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)