|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political affiliation do the characters have?
2. How quickly does Molly's health deteriorate?
3. How does George get the photos?
4. After Molly's funeral, how does Clive feel?
5. What is foreshadowed in the first chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about Julian's career potentially being ruined by the photos being published in The Judge?
2. Describe the article about euthanasia that is featured in The Judge.
3. What is the relationship like between Clive and Vernon in Chapter Two?
4. Why does George give Vernon the photos of Julian?
5. Why does Clive want to go to the Lake District?
6. Describe Julian's character.
7. How does Vernon plan to use the photos?
8. How does George get the photos?
9. Describe Vernon's character.
10. How does the novel foreshadow a deteriorating relationship between Clive and Vernon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the ways in which each character fails to see their own shortcomings, even up to the end of the novel where the only thing that all of them cares about is revenge.
Essay Topic 2
Determine the climax, introduction, resolution, and rising action in the novel. Use at least four quotes from the novel, and your reasoning behind your opinions.
Essay Topic 3
How is the title of the novel relevant to the plot? What hints are there that the novel ends in Amsterdam, other than the title? What is assumed from the title?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)