|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person is Molly?
2. Where is George's mansion located?
3. How does George feel Molly's lovers?
4. Who despises Julian?
5. How does George get the photos?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do Clive and Vernon share the same level of dislike for Julian?
2. Describe Molly's character.
3. Describe Vernon's character.
4. Paired with another symbol from the novel, the article about euthanasia foreshadows a future event. What is this event, and what is the other symbol?
5. Describe the article about euthanasia that is featured in The Judge.
6. Why does Clive want to go to the Lake District?
7. How are George, Clive, Vernon, and Julian connected?
8. What chance of a lifetime does Clive get?
9. How far is Vernon willing to go to ruin Julian's life?
10. Does George have ulterior motives in giving Vernon the photos to publish of Julian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze any of the two of the characters and their relationship throughout the novel. What motivates them? How are they connected? What are their goals? Do their lives have any parallels?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the parallels between the lives of Clive and Vernon? Discuss other parallels that occur throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Does each character achieve their overall goal in the novel? Does each character get the revenge they seek? How do you think each character feels at the end of the novel?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)