|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Julian's occupation?
2. Which of the following foreshadows events to occur after Chapter Two?
3. Who is most motivated to post the photos in The Judge?
4. Why does George take care of Molly in her final days?
5. Who despises Julian?
Short Essay Questions
1. What chance of a lifetime does Clive get?
2. Do Clive and Vernon share the same level of dislike for Julian?
3. Why does George care for Molly when her health deteriorates?
4. Describe Julian's character.
5. Describe Clive's character.
6. How does the theme of revenge tie into the plot in Chapter Two?
7. Why is Molly's death humiliating in Clive's eyes?
8. Describe Vernon's character.
9. How far is Vernon willing to go to ruin Julian's life?
10. Does George have ulterior motives in giving Vernon the photos to publish of Julian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How far does each character go in serving their own interests? Does each character get away with it? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the ways in which each character fails to see their own shortcomings, even up to the end of the novel where the only thing that all of them cares about is revenge.
Essay Topic 3
How does Ian McEwan use flashbacks in Amsterdam? Are they effective in moving the story along or do they hinder its development? Why are the flashbacks important to the novel?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)