|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is George's mansion located?
2. What does Clive do after Molly's funeral?
3. What benefit does Vernon see to hurting Julian's political career?
4. Who does The Judge often criticize?
5. Who is most motivated to post the photos in The Judge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Molly's character.
2. Why is Molly's death humiliating in Clive's eyes?
3. How does the theme of revenge tie into the plot in Chapter Two?
4. Describe the article about euthanasia that is featured in The Judge.
5. Describe George and Molly's relationship.
6. Describe Vernon's character.
7. What is the relationship like between Clive and Vernon in Chapter Two?
8. Why does Clive want to go to the Lake District?
9. Describe George's character.
10. How does Vernon plan to use the photos?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Determine the climax, introduction, resolution, and rising action in the novel. Use at least four quotes from the novel, and your reasoning behind your opinions.
Essay Topic 2
At what point does the relationship between Vernon and Clive begin to deteriorate? Why? Track the status of their relationship using evidence from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
The first chapter introduces all the major characters in the novel. What are your first impressions of George, Vernon, Clive, and Julian? Are these impressions correct as you read more of the novel? Is the first chapter effective in introducing the characters accurately? Are the characters in the novel generally likable or unlikable? Cite at least three examples.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)