|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is George's mansion located?
(b) Lake District.
(c) Nextdoor to Clive's home.
(d) Holland Park.
2. What is Vernon willing to use as a tool against Julian?
(b) His friendship with George.
(c) His friendship with Clive.
(d) The Judge.
3. Which character is the focus of Chapter Two?
4. Where does Vernon visit Clive in Chapter Two?
(a) Vernon's home.
(b) Clive's home.
(c) The Judge office.
(d) George's home.
5. What kind of relationship do Clive and Vernon have initially?
(b) They have no relationship until the funeral.
(c) Close friends.
(d) Friends with George.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which order does Vernon receive calls while he is at work in Chapter Two?
2. Why does Vernon claim he can't meet with Clive in Chapter Two?
3. Why is Julian disliked by other characters?
4. How does Vernon deny Julian a place of importance?
5. What does Clive want to accomplish in finishing his project?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Julian's character.
2. What is the relationship like between Clive and Vernon in Chapter Two?
3. Paired with another symbol from the novel, the article about euthanasia foreshadows a future event. What is this event, and what is the other symbol?
4. Describe Molly's character.
5. How does Vernon plan to use the photos?
6. Describe George and Molly's relationship.
7. How does George get the photos?
8. How does the novel foreshadow a deteriorating relationship between Clive and Vernon?
9. Why does George care for Molly when her health deteriorates?
10. Why does Clive want to go to the Lake District?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)