|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following foreshadows events to occur after Chapter Two?
(a) The location of George's mansion.
(b) An injunction against George publishing any photos of Julian.
(c) The Judge's poor circulation.
(d) The article about euthanasia.
2. Why does George want revenge on Julian?
(a) He is interested in Julian's wife.
(b) He is mad that Julian is mentioned in Molly's will.
(c) He despises all of Molly's lovers, including Julian.
(d) He dislikes his political views.
3. What agreement do Vernon and Clive have?
(a) To make Julian's life as bad as possible.
(b) To visit Amsterdam together for a symphony.
(c) To continue being friends despite their differences.
(d) To euthanize each other if the other is terminally ill.
4. Where does Vernon visit Clive in Chapter Two?
(a) The Judge office.
(b) Clive's home.
(c) George's home.
(d) Vernon's home.
5. Where does The Judge often feature articles about Julian?
(a) On the front page.
(b) On the last page.
(c) Only in the political section.
(d) In a separate newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship is George to Molly?
2. What is Vernon's occupation?
3. What is Molly's occupation?
4. What political affiliation do the characters have?
5. What is Julian's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the article about euthanasia that is featured in The Judge.
2. Describe Clive's character.
3. Paired with another symbol from the novel, the article about euthanasia foreshadows a future event. What is this event, and what is the other symbol?
4. How does the theme of revenge tie into the plot in Chapter Two?
5. Why does George care for Molly when her health deteriorates?
6. Describe Vernon's character.
7. How does George get the photos?
8. How does Vernon plan to use the photos?
9. How are George, Clive, Vernon, and Julian connected?
10. Do Clive and Vernon share the same level of dislike for Julian?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)