|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what ways does Vernon hope to ruin Julian's life?
(a) Romantically and professionally.
(c) Personally and professionally.
2. What type of euthanasia laws are there in the Netherlands?
(a) Euthanisia is not allowed.
(c) None, so doctors are able to euthanize anybody for any reason.
3. Why does George want revenge on Julian?
(a) He despises all of Molly's lovers, including Julian.
(b) He is interested in Julian's wife.
(c) He is mad that Julian is mentioned in Molly's will.
(d) He dislikes his political views.
4. Why does George give Vernon the photos?
(a) He wants to extract revenge on Julian.
(b) He thinks it leads to George and Clive's deteriorating friendship.
(c) He doesn't think Julian is a good politician.
(d) He wants to help George boost circulation for The Judge.
5. What is George's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is George vengeful toward the other men?
2. What type of story is featured in The Judge the day of Vernon's first meeting in the novel?
3. Who do the photos belong to?
4. Where does Clive want to go for inspiration?
5. Who does The Judge often criticize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship like between Clive and Vernon in Chapter Two?
2. Why does Molly's funeral inspire Clive?
3. How does the theme of revenge tie into the plot in Chapter Two?
4. Does George have ulterior motives in giving Vernon the photos to publish of Julian?
5. How does George get the photos?
6. Describe Clive's character.
7. Describe Julian's character.
8. How are George, Clive, Vernon, and Julian connected?
9. Why does George care for Molly when her health deteriorates?
10. What is ironic about Julian's career potentially being ruined by the photos being published in The Judge?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)