|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which characters share a motive for revenge?
(a) Julian and George.
(b) Clive and Vernon.
(c) George, Clive, and Vernon.
(d) Vernon and George.
2. Who are the photos copyrighted to?
3. Who does The Judge often criticize?
4. What is Julian's last name?
5. What agreement do Vernon and Clive have?
(a) To visit Amsterdam together for a symphony.
(b) To euthanize each other if the other is terminally ill.
(c) To make Julian's life as bad as possible.
(d) To continue being friends despite their differences.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of marriage does Molly and her husband have?
2. What is Clive's last name?
3. What is Vernon's last name?
4. While Vernon is in a meeting at the beginning of Chapter Two who calls urgently?
5. Where does Vernon go after he visits George's mansion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the novel foreshadow a deteriorating relationship between Clive and Vernon?
2. How does George get the photos?
3. Why does Clive want to go to the Lake District?
4. Does George have ulterior motives in giving Vernon the photos to publish of Julian?
5. Describe Julian's character.
6. How are George, Clive, Vernon, and Julian connected?
7. Describe Molly's character.
8. How does Vernon plan to use the photos?
9. Describe George's character.
10. How far is Vernon willing to go to ruin Julian's life?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)