|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vernon claim he can't meet with Clive in Chapter Two?
(a) He convinces his staff to publish his new information.
(b) He is going hiking.
(c) He is too busy.
(d) He goes see George.
2. Where does Clive want to go for inspiration?
(a) Lake District.
(c) Holland Park.
(d) The office where The Judge is written.
3. How does George feel Molly's lovers?
(a) He despises them.
(b) He has no emotions toward them whatsoever.
(c) He encourages Molly to have lovers.
(d) He doesn't know about them.
4. Who is in the photos that George gives to Vernon?
5. Where is euthanasia currently being abused?
(b) Holland Park.
(c) Lake District.
(d) The Netherlands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does George want revenge on Julian?
2. Where does The Judge often feature articles about Julian?
3. Which of the following foreshadows events to occur after Chapter Two?
4. What type of personality is George known to have?
5. What agreement do Vernon and Clive have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Vernon's character.
2. How does the novel foreshadow a deteriorating relationship between Clive and Vernon?
3. Describe George and Molly's relationship.
4. Does George have ulterior motives in giving Vernon the photos to publish of Julian?
5. Paired with another symbol from the novel, the article about euthanasia foreshadows a future event. What is this event, and what is the other symbol?
6. Describe Molly's character.
7. Describe George's character.
8. Describe the article about euthanasia that is featured in The Judge.
9. How does Vernon plan to use the photos?
10. How does the theme of revenge tie into the plot in Chapter Two?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)