|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Clive's occupation?
(b) Writer for a journal.
2. Who are the photos copyrighted to?
3. Why does George give Vernon the photos?
(a) He doesn't think Julian is a good politician.
(b) He wants to help George boost circulation for The Judge.
(c) He wants to extract revenge on Julian.
(d) He thinks it leads to George and Clive's deteriorating friendship.
4. What is Clive been commissioned to write?
(a) An article about euthanasia.
(b) An article about Julian's political values.
(c) A symphony.
(d) A review of Julian's restaurant.
5. How are Clive and Vernon connected to George?
(a) They all meet at Molly's funeral.
(b) They are his friends.
(c) They are his wife's former lovers.
(d) They are co-workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in the photos that George gives to Vernon?
2. What does Clive do after Molly's funeral?
3. What political affiliation do the characters have?
4. Who do the photos belong to?
5. What does Vernon's urgent caller promise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about Julian's career potentially being ruined by the photos being published in The Judge?
2. Describe Molly's character.
3. Why does Molly's funeral inspire Clive?
4. Describe George and Molly's relationship.
5. How does the theme of revenge tie into the plot in Chapter Two?
6. Describe Julian's character.
7. Why does George care for Molly when her health deteriorates?
8. Why does Clive want to go to the Lake District?
9. Describe George's character.
10. Describe Vernon's character.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)