|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of person is Molly?
(a) Stressed and rigid.
(b) Romantic and intelligent.
(c) Quiet and reserved.
(d) Independent and charismatic.
2. What is Clive been commissioned to write?
(a) An article about euthanasia.
(b) A review of Julian's restaurant.
(c) An article about Julian's political values.
(d) A symphony.
3. Which characters share a motive for revenge?
(a) Vernon and George.
(b) George, Clive, and Vernon.
(c) Julian and George.
(d) Clive and Vernon.
4. In what ways does Vernon hope to ruin Julian's life?
(b) Romantically and professionally.
(d) Personally and professionally.
5. What is Vernon's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vernon go after he visits George's mansion?
2. What is George's first name?
3. In what month is Molly's funeral?
4. Why does Vernon claim he can't meet with Clive in Chapter Two?
5. Who are the photos copyrighted to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship like between Clive and Vernon in Chapter Two?
2. Do Clive and Vernon share the same level of dislike for Julian?
3. How does George get the photos?
4. Describe Molly's character.
5. Paired with another symbol from the novel, the article about euthanasia foreshadows a future event. What is this event, and what is the other symbol?
6. Describe George and Molly's relationship.
7. Describe Julian's character.
8. How does the novel foreshadow a deteriorating relationship between Clive and Vernon?
9. How are George, Clive, Vernon, and Julian connected?
10. Describe Clive's character.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)