|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Vernon go after he visits George's mansion?
(a) Julian's home.
(b) Vernon's office.
(c) Molly's old office.
(d) Clive's studio.
2. What benefit does Vernon see to hurting Julian's political career?
(a) It prevents political and social disaster.
(b) It keeps him from having affairs with other women.
(c) It is beneficial to keeping peace between he and Clive.
(d) It satisfies George and keeps him from extracting revenge on Vernon.
3. What is Vernon willing to use as a tool against Julian?
(a) The Judge.
(c) His friendship with Clive.
(d) His friendship with George.
4. What type of story is featured in The Judge the day of Vernon's first meeting in the novel?
(a) Julian's latest scandal.
(b) Medical scandal regarding euthanasia.
(c) Molly's obituary.
(d) Animal abuse.
5. What does Clive do after Molly's funeral?
(a) Composes several major parts of a symphony.
(b) Goes for a hike.
(c) Writes his last will and testament.
(d) Calls Vernon to discuss euthanasia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vernon claim he can't meet with Clive in Chapter Two?
2. What type of note does Vernon leave for Clive?
3. What does Clive want to accomplish in finishing his project?
4. What is George's first name?
5. Which characters share a motive for revenge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What chance of a lifetime does Clive get?
2. Describe George and Molly's relationship.
3. Why does Molly's funeral inspire Clive?
4. Does George have ulterior motives in giving Vernon the photos to publish of Julian?
5. Why does George care for Molly when her health deteriorates?
6. How does Vernon plan to use the photos?
7. What is the relationship like between Clive and Vernon in Chapter Two?
8. Paired with another symbol from the novel, the article about euthanasia foreshadows a future event. What is this event, and what is the other symbol?
9. Why does George give Vernon the photos of Julian?
10. How far is Vernon willing to go to ruin Julian's life?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)