|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vernon receive in Chapter Two at work?
(a) A note from Clive about euthanasia.
(b) An injunction prohibiting him from publishing any likeness of Julian.
(c) A note from his boss that reprimands his former articles about Julian.
(d) An injunction prohibiting him from publishing any likeness of George.
2. What political affiliation do the characters have?
(a) Clive is conservative; Vernon and Julian are liberal.
(b) Clive and Vernon are liberal; Julian is conservative.
(c) Clive and Vernon are conservative; Julian is liberal.
(d) Clive is liberal; Vernon and Julian are conservative.
3. What is Vernon's occupation?
(b) Newspaper editor.
(c) Restaurant critic.
4. How does Vernon deny Julian a place of importance?
(a) He is hesitant to publish photos of Julian.
(b) He refuses to post any article about Julian in The Judge.
(c) He avoids articles about him being on the front page.
(d) He doesn't accept photos from George.
5. Where does Vernon go after he visits George's mansion?
(a) Vernon's office.
(b) Molly's old office.
(c) Julian's home.
(d) Clive's studio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of weather is present at Molly's funeral?
2. What type of story is featured in The Judge the day of Vernon's first meeting in the novel?
3. What is the first setting in Chapter Two?
4. Which characters share a motive for revenge?
5. What type of personality is George known to have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What chance of a lifetime does Clive get?
2. Describe the article about euthanasia that is featured in The Judge.
3. Describe Vernon's character.
4. Describe George's character.
5. Describe Julian's character.
6. Describe Clive's character.
7. Do Clive and Vernon share the same level of dislike for Julian?
8. Why does Molly's funeral inspire Clive?
9. How does the theme of revenge tie into the plot in Chapter Two?
10. Paired with another symbol from the novel, the article about euthanasia foreshadows a future event. What is this event, and what is the other symbol?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)