|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is George's first name?
2. Why does George take care of Molly in her final days?
(a) To make sure she has everything she needs.
(b) To make sure nobody steals anything from her.
(c) He loves her too much to leave her side.
(d) To control who has access to her.
3. How many photos does George give to Vernon?
4. In which order does Vernon receive calls while he is at work in Chapter Two?
(a) Clive, Julian, George.
(b) George, Clive.
(c) George, Julian, Clive.
(d) Clive, George.
5. What is Molly's occupation?
(b) Restaurant critic.
(d) Writer for a newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How quickly does Molly's health deteriorate?
2. What is Vernon's last name?
3. What is the main purpose of the first chapter?
4. How long does Clive stay up working after Molly's funeral?
5. Where does The Judge often feature articles about Julian?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clive go to Amsterdam? Why does Vernon go to Amsterdam?
2. Why does Clive confess that he sees a violent attack to Vernon?
3. Describe the article about euthanasia that is featured in The Judge.
4. Why does Rose Garmony reveal the pictures of her husband?
5. What causes Vernon to feel betrayed and mistreated by Clive?
6. What causes Vernon to conceive a plan to euthanize Clive?
7. What does Clive think of his finished symphony?
8. What role does Clive believe he plays in his relationship with Vernon? What role does Vernon play in the relationship, according to Clive?
9. Why doesn't Clive finish his symphony?
10. What rumor does Julian mention to George when they come to retrieve the bodies?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)