|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which order does Vernon receive calls while he is at work in Chapter Two?
(a) George, Julian, Clive.
(b) Clive, Julian, George.
(c) George, Clive.
(d) Clive, George.
2. Which character is the focus of Chapter Two?
3. What type of story is featured in The Judge the day of Vernon's first meeting in the novel?
(a) Julian's latest scandal.
(b) Medical scandal regarding euthanasia.
(c) Molly's obituary.
(d) Animal abuse.
4. What does Clive want to accomplish in finishing his project?
(a) A spot on the Bestsellers list.
(b) A literary award.
(c) A secured place in musical history.
(d) Revenge on Julian.
5. What agreement do Vernon and Clive have?
(a) To continue being friends despite their differences.
(b) To euthanize each other if the other is terminally ill.
(c) To visit Amsterdam together for a symphony.
(d) To make Julian's life as bad as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Clive want to be euthanized?
2. How does George feel Molly's lovers?
3. Where does Vernon go after he visits George's mansion?
4. What benefit does Vernon see to hurting Julian's political career?
5. What does Vernon's urgent caller promise?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Julian's character.
2. Why does Clive want to go to the Lake District?
3. Describe George and Molly's relationship.
4. How are George, Clive, Vernon, and Julian connected?
5. How does the theme of revenge tie into the plot in Chapter Two?
6. Describe Clive's character.
7. Do Clive and Vernon share the same level of dislike for Julian?
8. Why does George give Vernon the photos of Julian?
9. Describe Vernon's character.
10. Describe Molly's character.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)