|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Clive stay up working after Molly's funeral?
(a) Only a few hours.
(b) Early morning.
(c) The next afternoon.
2. What is The Judge's current standing in Chapter Two?
(a) It is not a respected newspaper.
(b) Circulation is consistent all year.
(c) Circulation decreases.
(d) Circulation increases.
3. What character gets the most attention in the first chapter?
4. What is Clive's occupation?
(c) Writer for a journal.
5. Who despises Julian?
(b) Clive and Vernon.
(c) Clive, Vernon, and George.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does George want revenge on Julian?
2. What is Vernon's last name?
3. How does George feel Molly's lovers?
4. Why is George vengeful toward the other men?
5. What is Vernon's reaction to Clive's proposal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clive want to go to the Lake District?
2. What inspires Clive when he goes hiking?
3. How is Vernon unethical?
4. Is Vernon really a victim? If so, what is he a victim of?
5. What conclusions does Clive come to about his relationship with Vernon?
6. How does Clive plan to euthanize Vernon?
7. Do Clive and Vernon share the same level of dislike for Julian?
8. How far is Vernon willing to go to ruin Julian's life?
9. Why is Molly's death humiliating in Clive's eyes?
10. What affect does the revealed photo have on Julian Garmony's career?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)