|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vernon hope that publishing the photos does?
(a) Make Clive an infamous composer.
(b) Ruin Julian's political career.
(c) Ruin Julian's wealth.
(d) Ruin George's wealth.
2. What is Vernon willing to use as a tool against Julian?
(b) His friendship with Clive.
(c) His friendship with George.
(d) The Judge.
3. Where is euthanasia currently being abused?
(b) Holland Park.
(c) Lake District.
(d) The Netherlands.
4. What is Vernon's last name?
5. What is The Judge's current standing in Chapter Two?
(a) Circulation is consistent all year.
(b) Circulation increases.
(c) Circulation decreases.
(d) It is not a respected newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month is Molly's funeral?
2. What does Clive do after Molly's funeral?
3. In what ways does Vernon hope to ruin Julian's life?
4. What does Clive ask Vernon to do?
5. While Vernon is in a meeting at the beginning of Chapter Two who calls urgently?
Short Essay Questions
1. What chance of a lifetime does Clive get?
2. Describe Molly's character.
3. What is the relationship like between Clive and Vernon in Chapter Two?
4. Why does Molly's funeral inspire Clive?
5. How are George, Clive, Vernon, and Julian connected?
6. How far is Vernon willing to go to ruin Julian's life?
7. Describe Julian's character.
8. How does the novel foreshadow a deteriorating relationship between Clive and Vernon?
9. How does the theme of revenge tie into the plot in Chapter Two?
10. Describe George and Molly's relationship.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)