|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many photos does George give to Vernon?
2. What does Vernon's urgent caller promise?
(a) Information directly related to Julian.
(b) Photos that Molly takes.
(c) Information about Molly's death.
(d) Information leading to an interesting article.
3. In what ways does Vernon hope to ruin Julian's life?
(b) Personally and professionally.
(c) Romantically and professionally.
4. What type of euthanasia laws are there in the Netherlands?
(b) Euthanisia is not allowed.
(c) None, so doctors are able to euthanize anybody for any reason.
5. What type of note does Vernon leave for Clive?
(a) A note that says he euthanizes Julian when they go on a trip together.
(b) A note that says he publishes the photos he finds.
(c) A note where he details the events of the day.
(d) A note that says he is willing to euthanize Clive and hopes he does the same for Vernon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vernon's last name?
2. While Vernon is in a meeting at the beginning of Chapter Two who calls urgently?
3. Where is euthanasia currently being abused?
4. Who are the photos copyrighted to?
5. What is Clive been commissioned to write?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe George and Molly's relationship.
2. What is the relationship like between Clive and Vernon in Chapter Two?
3. Describe Julian's character.
4. Why does George care for Molly when her health deteriorates?
5. What is ironic about Julian's career potentially being ruined by the photos being published in The Judge?
6. How far is Vernon willing to go to ruin Julian's life?
7. Why does Clive want to go to the Lake District?
8. Describe Clive's character.
9. Why does George give Vernon the photos of Julian?
10. How does the novel foreshadow a deteriorating relationship between Clive and Vernon?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)