|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clive do after Molly's funeral?
(a) Composes several major parts of a symphony.
(b) Calls Vernon to discuss euthanasia.
(c) Goes for a hike.
(d) Writes his last will and testament.
2. Where is euthanasia currently being abused?
(a) Lake District.
(b) The Netherlands.
(c) Holland Park.
3. When does Clive want to be euthanized?
(a) If he's terminally ill or incapacitated.
(b) When he becomes too old to take care of himself.
(c) If he fails to complete his goals in composition.
(d) When he is too old to drive.
4. What does Vernon hope that publishing the photos does?
(a) Ruin Julian's political career.
(b) Make Clive an infamous composer.
(c) Ruin George's wealth.
(d) Ruin Julian's wealth.
5. Who is most motivated to post the photos in The Judge?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of reputation does Julian have?
2. What is The Judge's current standing in Chapter Two?
3. What is Vernon's reaction to Clive's proposal?
4. What kind of marriage does Molly and her husband have?
5. What is the main purpose of the first chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does George care for Molly when her health deteriorates?
2. Describe Vernon's character.
3. Why does Clive want to go to the Lake District?
4. How does Vernon plan to use the photos?
5. Paired with another symbol from the novel, the article about euthanasia foreshadows a future event. What is this event, and what is the other symbol?
6. Why does Molly's funeral inspire Clive?
7. What is the relationship like between Clive and Vernon in Chapter Two?
8. How does George get the photos?
9. Describe George and Molly's relationship.
10. How does the novel foreshadow a deteriorating relationship between Clive and Vernon?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)