|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does The Judge often criticize?
2. Why does George take care of Molly in her final days?
(a) He loves her too much to leave her side.
(b) To make sure nobody steals anything from her.
(c) To control who has access to her.
(d) To make sure she has everything she needs.
3. Who are the photos copyrighted to?
4. How does George get the photos?
(a) It is Molly's, and becomes his when she dies.
(b) He has access to Julian's home for a short time.
(c) He takes them himself.
(d) Julian's wife gives them to him.
5. What kind of marriage does Molly and her husband have?
(d) Devoid of any emotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month is Molly's funeral?
2. Which characters share a motive for revenge?
3. In which order does Vernon receive calls while he is at work in Chapter Two?
4. Why is George vengeful toward the other men?
5. What is Clive been commissioned to write?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe George's character.
2. What is the relationship like between Clive and Vernon in Chapter Two?
3. Does George have ulterior motives in giving Vernon the photos to publish of Julian?
4. Why does Molly's funeral inspire Clive?
5. What is ironic about Julian's career potentially being ruined by the photos being published in The Judge?
6. Paired with another symbol from the novel, the article about euthanasia foreshadows a future event. What is this event, and what is the other symbol?
7. Describe Clive's character.
8. How does the theme of revenge tie into the plot in Chapter Two?
9. Describe Molly's character.
10. Why does George give Vernon the photos of Julian?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)