|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect might the photos have on The Judge, in Vernon's perspective?
(a) Make the paper well-respected.
(b) Boost circulation.
(c) Decrease circulation.
(d) Make the paper more interesting.
2. What is Clive been commissioned to write?
(a) An article about Julian's political values.
(b) A symphony.
(c) An article about euthanasia.
(d) A review of Julian's restaurant.
3. In what month is Molly's funeral?
4. What is Molly's occupation?
(a) Restaurant critic.
(d) Writer for a newspaper.
5. What is Vernon willing to use as a tool against Julian?
(a) The Judge.
(c) His friendship with George.
(d) His friendship with Clive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clive's last name?
2. After Molly's funeral, how does Clive feel?
3. Which characters share a motive for revenge?
4. How does Molly die?
5. Why is Julian disliked by other characters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Clive's character.
2. Why does Molly's funeral inspire Clive?
3. Describe George's character.
4. Does George have ulterior motives in giving Vernon the photos to publish of Julian?
5. How does the theme of revenge tie into the plot in Chapter Two?
6. Paired with another symbol from the novel, the article about euthanasia foreshadows a future event. What is this event, and what is the other symbol?
7. How far is Vernon willing to go to ruin Julian's life?
8. How does Vernon plan to use the photos?
9. How are George, Clive, Vernon, and Julian connected?
10. Why does George give Vernon the photos of Julian?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)