|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Molly's funeral, how does Clive feel?
2. Who despises Julian?
(a) Clive and Vernon.
(b) Clive, Vernon, and George.
3. What kind of relationship do Clive and Vernon have initially?
(b) They have no relationship until the funeral.
(c) Friends with George.
(d) Close friends.
4. What is Clive's occupation?
(a) Writer for a journal.
5. What benefit does Vernon see to hurting Julian's political career?
(a) It satisfies George and keeps him from extracting revenge on Vernon.
(b) It keeps him from having affairs with other women.
(c) It is beneficial to keeping peace between he and Clive.
(d) It prevents political and social disaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Clive stay up working after Molly's funeral?
2. Which of the following foreshadows events to occur after Chapter Two?
3. Why is George vengeful toward the other men?
4. Who does The Judge often criticize?
5. What is Vernon willing to use as a tool against Julian?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe George's character.
2. What is the relationship like between Clive and Vernon in Chapter Two?
3. What chance of a lifetime does Clive get?
4. How does the theme of revenge tie into the plot in Chapter Two?
5. How does George get the photos?
6. Describe George and Molly's relationship.
7. How does the novel foreshadow a deteriorating relationship between Clive and Vernon?
8. Why is Molly's death humiliating in Clive's eyes?
9. Do Clive and Vernon share the same level of dislike for Julian?
10. Paired with another symbol from the novel, the article about euthanasia foreshadows a future event. What is this event, and what is the other symbol?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)