|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does George feel Molly's lovers?
(a) He doesn't know about them.
(b) He has no emotions toward them whatsoever.
(c) He despises them.
(d) He encourages Molly to have lovers.
2. In which order does Vernon receive calls while he is at work in Chapter Two?
(a) George, Clive.
(b) Clive, George.
(c) George, Julian, Clive.
(d) Clive, Julian, George.
3. How quickly does Molly's health deteriorate?
(a) Very rapidly and unexpectedly.
(b) Over the course of a year.
(c) Over the course of ten years.
(d) She dies in a sudden accident.
4. What is Julian's last name?
5. What kind of marriage does Molly and her husband have?
(b) Devoid of any emotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Julian's occupation?
2. What political affiliation do the characters have?
3. Why is Molly's death undignified?
4. Who is in the photos that George gives to Vernon?
5. What is Molly's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe George and Molly's relationship.
2. Why is Molly's death humiliating in Clive's eyes?
3. Describe Julian's character.
4. Describe the article about euthanasia that is featured in The Judge.
5. Why does Clive want to go to the Lake District?
6. How does the novel foreshadow a deteriorating relationship between Clive and Vernon?
7. What is ironic about Julian's career potentially being ruined by the photos being published in The Judge?
8. How far is Vernon willing to go to ruin Julian's life?
9. How are George, Clive, Vernon, and Julian connected?
10. What chance of a lifetime does Clive get?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)