|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Molly's death undignified?
(a) George deprives her of necessities.
(b) She receives no visits from the people she loves.
(c) She is denied medical care.
(d) She asks to be euthanized but George doesn't do it.
2. Which characters share a motive for revenge?
(a) George, Clive, and Vernon.
(b) Julian and George.
(c) Clive and Vernon.
(d) Vernon and George.
3. What is Clive's occupation?
(a) Writer for a journal.
4. Where is George's mansion located?
(a) Nextdoor to Clive's home.
(b) Holland Park.
(d) Lake District.
5. How does George get the photos?
(a) Julian's wife gives them to him.
(b) He has access to Julian's home for a short time.
(c) It is Molly's, and becomes his when she dies.
(d) He takes them himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first setting in Chapter Two?
2. What type of note does Vernon leave for Clive?
3. What character gets the most attention in the first chapter?
4. Why does George want revenge on Julian?
5. How quickly does Molly's health deteriorate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Molly's death humiliating in Clive's eyes?
2. What is the relationship like between Clive and Vernon in Chapter Two?
3. Why does Molly's funeral inspire Clive?
4. How does George get the photos?
5. Paired with another symbol from the novel, the article about euthanasia foreshadows a future event. What is this event, and what is the other symbol?
6. Describe Vernon's character.
7. How far is Vernon willing to go to ruin Julian's life?
8. Describe Clive's character.
9. What is ironic about Julian's career potentially being ruined by the photos being published in The Judge?
10. How does the theme of revenge tie into the plot in Chapter Two?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)