|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of euthanasia laws are there in the Netherlands?
(a) Euthanisia is not allowed.
(b) None, so doctors are able to euthanize anybody for any reason.
2. Where does Vernon visit Clive in Chapter Two?
(a) George's home.
(b) The Judge office.
(c) Clive's home.
(d) Vernon's home.
3. While Vernon is in a meeting at the beginning of Chapter Two who calls urgently?
4. Who are the photos copyrighted to?
5. How long does Clive stay up working after Molly's funeral?
(a) Only a few hours.
(b) The next afternoon.
(c) Early morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month is Molly's funeral?
2. What kind of relationship do Clive and Vernon have initially?
3. When does Clive want to be euthanized?
4. Why does George give Vernon the photos?
5. After Molly's funeral, how does Clive feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do Clive and Vernon share the same level of dislike for Julian?
2. How does the theme of revenge tie into the plot in Chapter Two?
3. Does George have ulterior motives in giving Vernon the photos to publish of Julian?
4. How does Vernon plan to use the photos?
5. Describe George and Molly's relationship.
6. What is ironic about Julian's career potentially being ruined by the photos being published in The Judge?
7. Describe the article about euthanasia that is featured in The Judge.
8. Describe Vernon's character.
9. Paired with another symbol from the novel, the article about euthanasia foreshadows a future event. What is this event, and what is the other symbol?
10. Why does George care for Molly when her health deteriorates?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)