|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What roles does Clive believe that Vernon plays?
2. What is Clive doing when he sees an argument occur?
(a) Writing notes for the finale.
(b) Taking notes for a novel.
(c) Watching birds.
(d) Writing notes for the introduction.
3. Which characters physically appear in Chapter Three?
(a) Julian, Vernon, and Clive.
(b) Clive and George.
(c) Vernon, Clive, and George.
(d) Vernon and Clive.
4. How does Clive see Vernon after his hiking trip?
5. When do Clive and Vernon have an argument?
(a) They do not have an argument.
(b) The day before they both go to Amsterdam.
(c) The day after Clive returns from Penrith.
(d) The night before Clive leaves to Penrith.
6. What effect does the anticipated photos have on The Judge?
(a) Decreased circulation.
(b) Many people writing in with their opinions.
(c) Increased circulation.
(d) Average circulation.
7. Why doesn't Clive want to tell the police what he sees?
(a) He is afraid he is attacked.
(b) He is afraid he is accused of the crime.
(c) It interferes with his work.
(d) He believes he witnesses nothing.
8. Who does Clive see arguing when he is hiking?
(a) Two women.
(b) A group of men and one woman.
(c) A man and a woman.
(d) Two men.
9. What is Vernon's staff's reaction to the Garmony's going to the media?
(a) They feel cheated by Vernon.
(b) They encourage Vernon to post the photos anyway.
(c) They threaten to quit if conditions are not improved.
(d) They no longer support Vernon.
10. What is Vernon's new purpose in life?
(a) To make Molly's memory count for something.
(b) To ruin Clive's life.
(c) To increase circulation for The Judge.
(d) To ruin Julian's life.
11. What does Vernon criticize in Chapter Four?
(a) Clive's lack of acknowledgement.
(b) Clive's irresponsibility.
(c) The Lakeland rapist's violent behavior.
(d) His staff's inability to support him.
12. Where are the photos of Julian displayed in The Judge?
(a) The politics section.
(b) The last page.
(c) The celebrity news section.
(d) The front page.
13. Who begins to denounce Vernon by the end of the weekend?
(a) Other newspapers.
(b) The Judge's editorials.
(c) The television news.
14. What does Clive prepare for when he returns after hiking?
(a) To go to Amsterdam.
(b) To publish photos of Julian.
(c) To complete the symphony.
(d) To go to London.
15. What does Julian's wife unveil to the media?
(a) The photos of Julian that are going to be published.
(b) Scandalous photos of Vernon.
(c) Pictures of Julian that Vernon never sees before.
(d) Scandalous photos of Molly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vernon call Clive in Chapter Four?
2. What happens to Vernon's job at The Judge?
3. Which character is the focal point of Chapter Four?
4. Where does Clive go to hike?
5. What role does Clive believe he plays?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)