|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which pair of characters disagrees about publishing photos of Julian in The Judge?
(a) Vernon and George.
(b) Julian and Clive.
(c) Clive and George.
(d) Vernon and Clive.
2. What does Clive find inspirational while hiking?
(a) The leaves falling off a tree.
(b) An argument he sees.
(c) A bird call.
(d) A bird nest.
3. What is the name of Julian's wife?
4. Where are the pictures of Julian taken?
(c) The office of The Judge.
5. What does Julian's outing do for his career?
(a) Consolidated it.
(b) Turned him into a celebrity.
(c) Destroyed it.
(d) Encouraged him to become more liberal.
6. What effect does the anticipated photos have on The Judge?
(a) Average circulation.
(b) Many people writing in with their opinions.
(c) Decreased circulation.
(d) Increased circulation.
7. Through what outlet does the Garmony family make a statement?
8. What does Vernon want Clive to do?
(a) Find the Lakeland rapist.
(b) Contact the police.
(c) Confess to a crime.
(d) Support him publishing the photos.
9. What role does Clive believe he plays?
10. Who does Julian's wife publicly denounce?
11. Which characters physically appear in Chapter Three?
(a) Clive and George.
(b) Vernon, Clive, and George.
(c) Julian, Vernon, and Clive.
(d) Vernon and Clive.
12. How does Clive get to Penrith?
(a) By horseback.
(b) By bus.
(c) He drives himself.
(d) By train.
13. What is Clive doing when he sees an argument occur?
(a) Writing notes for the introduction.
(b) Watching birds.
(c) Writing notes for the finale.
(d) Taking notes for a novel.
14. What does Clive confess to Vernon on the phone?
(a) That he really does think Vernon should post the photos.
(b) That he doesn't think The Judge is reputable.
(c) That he never really cares for Molly.
(d) That he witnesses violence while hiking.
15. What does Clive prepare for when he returns after hiking?
(a) To publish photos of Julian.
(b) To go to Amsterdam.
(c) To complete the symphony.
(d) To go to London.
Short Answer Questions
1. By publishing the pictures, who does Vernon betray?
2. What is Frank's last name?
3. What is Julian's wife's reaction to his sexuality?
4. What is Vernon's staff's reaction to the Garmony's going to the media?
5. Which word best defines Vernon's staff at The Judge in Chapter Four?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)