Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes Clive in Chapter Four?
2. What is Vernon's staff's reaction to the Garmony's going to the media?
(a) They no longer support Vernon.
(b) They encourage Vernon to post the photos anyway.
(c) They threaten to quit if conditions are not improved.
(d) They feel cheated by Vernon.
3. On what day is Vernon hailed as the savior of The Judge?
4. What happens to Vernon's job at The Judge?
(a) He is demoted.
(b) He is simply reprimanded.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He is banned from the office.
5. In Clive's opinion, what does Vernon lack?
(b) Writing skills.
(c) Moral principle.
(d) A friendly personality.
6. Where are the photos of Julian displayed in The Judge?
(a) The front page.
(b) The celebrity news section.
(c) The politics section.
(d) The last page.
7. What is Vernon afraid of?
(a) That is staff is conspiring against him.
(b) That Julian has a successful bid to become prime minister.
(c) That George is out for revenge on Vernon and Clive as well as Julian.
(d) That Molly leaves nothing for him in her will.
8. By publishing the pictures, who does Vernon betray?
9. Why are the pictures of Julian so scandalous?
(a) Julian is with another woman.
(b) Julian is dressed as a woman.
(c) Julian is completely naked.
(d) Julian is being violent.
10. What role does Clive believe he plays?
11. Why does Vernon call Clive in Chapter Four?
(a) To tell him to call the police.
(b) To continue the argument.
(c) To tell him he's publishing the photos.
(d) To reconcile.
12. What does Vernon show Clive when they see each other?
(a) Photographs of Molly.
(b) Photographs of Julian.
(c) Moll's last will and testament.
(d) A positive article about Julian.
13. What is the first cause of the deteriorating relationship between Clive and Vernon?
(a) Disagreeing about Clive's actions when he sees the argument.
(b) Disagreeing about Molly.
(c) Disagreeing about where Clive goes to work.
(d) Disagreeing on publishing photos of Julian.
14. How does Clive get to Penrith?
(a) He drives himself.
(b) By train.
(c) By horseback.
(d) By bus.
15. When does Vernon notice that he has a new purpose in life?
(a) The day after Julian's photos are published.
(b) The day after he argues with Clive.
(c) The day he finds out that Clive witnesses a violent argument.
(d) The day before publication of Julian's photos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clive prepare for when he returns after hiking?
2. What is Frank's last name?
3. What does Vernon criticize in Chapter Four?
4. Where does Clive go after his hiking trip?
5. What does Clive choose to do when he sees the argument?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)