|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clive confess to Vernon on the phone?
(a) That he never really cares for Molly.
(b) That he doesn't think The Judge is reputable.
(c) That he really does think Vernon should post the photos.
(d) That he witnesses violence while hiking.
2. What roles does Clive believe that Vernon plays?
3. What effect does the anticipated photos have on The Judge?
(a) Many people writing in with their opinions.
(b) Decreased circulation.
(c) Increased circulation.
(d) Average circulation.
4. What is the name of Julian's wife?
5. Where does Clive go to hike?
(a) Holland Park.
(b) Lake District.
(c) George's mansion.
6. What is the first cause of the deteriorating relationship between Clive and Vernon?
(a) Disagreeing about Molly.
(b) Disagreeing about Clive's actions when he sees the argument.
(c) Disagreeing on publishing photos of Julian.
(d) Disagreeing about where Clive goes to work.
7. Which character is the focal point of Chapter Four?
8. Where are the pictures of Julian taken?
(a) The office of The Judge.
9. How long does Julian's wife claim to know about his sexual proclivities?
(a) Since she saw the photos for the first time.
(b) For the last year.
(c) Since the beginning of their marriage.
(d) Since they began dating.
10. By publishing the pictures, who does Vernon betray?
11. What does Julian's wife unveil to the media?
(a) The photos of Julian that are going to be published.
(b) Scandalous photos of Molly.
(c) Scandalous photos of Vernon.
(d) Pictures of Julian that Vernon never sees before.
12. What is Vernon a victim of?
(a) Cruel fate.
(b) Lack of influence.
(c) Poor judgment.
(d) Conservative values.
13. Which word best describes Clive in Chapter Four?
14. What does Clive find inspirational while hiking?
(a) An argument he sees.
(b) The leaves falling off a tree.
(c) A bird call.
(d) A bird nest.
15. What do both Clive and Vernon fail to see?
(a) Why Vernon's staff is so fickle.
(b) Their own moral shortcomings.
(c) Julian's alliance with George.
(d) George's vengefulness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which pair of characters disagrees about publishing photos of Julian in The Judge?
2. What other story runs in the newspaper with the photos of Julian?
3. What type of worker is Frank?
4. What does Vernon want Clive to do?
5. What role does Clive believe he plays?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)