|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Vernon realizes that Clive witnesses the attack, what does he do?
(a) Goes to Clive's house.
(b) Calls the police.
(c) Does nothing.
(d) Calls Clive.
2. Who plans to ruin Vernon's job at The Judge?
(a) Julian's wife.
3. What right does Vernon deny Julian by publishing his photos?
(a) The right to public office.
(b) The legal right to own copyright of the pictures.
(c) The right not to be humiliated.
(d) The right to sexual expression in private.
4. What is Vernon afraid of?
(a) That Julian has a successful bid to become prime minister.
(b) That Molly leaves nothing for him in her will.
(c) That George is out for revenge on Vernon and Clive as well as Julian.
(d) That is staff is conspiring against him.
5. What role does Clive believe he plays?
6. Why does Vernon call Clive in Chapter Four?
(a) To reconcile.
(b) To tell him he's publishing the photos.
(c) To continue the argument.
(d) To tell him to call the police.
7. What type of worker is Frank?
8. What is Clive doing when he sees an argument occur?
(a) Writing notes for the finale.
(b) Watching birds.
(c) Taking notes for a novel.
(d) Writing notes for the introduction.
9. What effect does the anticipated photos have on The Judge?
(a) Decreased circulation.
(b) Many people writing in with their opinions.
(c) Average circulation.
(d) Increased circulation.
10. What is Vernon a victim of?
(a) Poor judgment.
(b) Cruel fate.
(c) Lack of influence.
(d) Conservative values.
11. What has Julian been outed as?
(a) A homosexual.
(b) A transvestite.
(c) A male chauvinist.
(d) A womanizer.
12. How does Clive see Vernon after his hiking trip?
13. What is Frank's role at The Judge?
(a) Foreign deputy editor.
(b) Senior editor.
(c) Political editor.
(d) Foreign duty reporter.
14. What does Vernon show Clive when they see each other?
(a) Photographs of Julian.
(b) Photographs of Molly.
(c) Moll's last will and testament.
(d) A positive article about Julian.
15. What is Vernon's new purpose in life?
(a) To ruin Clive's life.
(b) To ruin Julian's life.
(c) To make Molly's memory count for something.
(d) To increase circulation for The Judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Clive want to tell the police what he sees?
2. When do Clive and Vernon have an argument?
3. Who does Julian's wife publicly denounce?
4. Why is Clive going to hike later than he originally wants?
5. On what day is Vernon hailed as the savior of The Judge?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)