|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clive's urgent caller request in Chapter Three?
(a) New music to play.
(b) A meeting.
(c) Photos of Julian.
(d) Information about the argument Clive witnesses.
2. What enables Vernon to be able to publish the photos in Chapter Three?
(a) He is not worried about the law.
(b) The photos are already leaked.
(c) He now owns the copyright.
(d) The injunction is lifted.
3. Which word best describes Clive in Chapter Four?
4. What is Vernon's complaint to Clive?
(a) Julian threatens Vernon.
(b) Julian knows Vernon has pictures of him.
(c) A co-worker is giving Vernon a hard time.
(d) Vernon's staff is against him.
5. What does Julian's wife compare the person she denounces to?
(a) A tick.
(b) A leech.
(c) An ant.
(d) A flea.
6. What does Vernon criticize in Chapter Four?
(a) Clive's lack of acknowledgement.
(b) His staff's inability to support him.
(c) The Lakeland rapist's violent behavior.
(d) Clive's irresponsibility.
7. When do Clive and Vernon have an argument?
(a) They do not have an argument.
(b) The night before Clive leaves to Penrith.
(c) The day after Clive returns from Penrith.
(d) The day before they both go to Amsterdam.
8. By publishing the pictures, who does Vernon betray?
9. Why is Clive going to hike later than he originally wants?
(a) He gets into a car accident.
(b) He meets with George.
(c) The train is delayed.
(d) He meets with Vernon.
10. Why doesn't Clive want to tell the police what he sees?
(a) He is afraid he is attacked.
(b) He believes he witnesses nothing.
(c) He is afraid he is accused of the crime.
(d) It interferes with his work.
11. What right does Vernon deny Julian by publishing his photos?
(a) The legal right to own copyright of the pictures.
(b) The right to sexual expression in private.
(c) The right not to be humiliated.
(d) The right to public office.
12. What does Clive confess to Vernon on the phone?
(a) That he really does think Vernon should post the photos.
(b) That he never really cares for Molly.
(c) That he doesn't think The Judge is reputable.
(d) That he witnesses violence while hiking.
13. Who does Julian trust with the photographs?
14. How does Clive see Vernon after his hiking trip?
15. What is Frank's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vernon call Clive in Chapter Four?
2. What does Vernon want Clive to do?
3. What does Vernon show Clive when they see each other?
4. How long does Julian's wife claim to know about his sexual proclivities?
5. What other story runs in the newspaper with the photos of Julian?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)