|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Vernon realizes that Clive witnesses the attack, what does he do?
(a) Calls Clive.
(b) Calls the police.
(c) Does nothing.
(d) Goes to Clive's house.
2. What is Clive doing when he sees an argument occur?
(a) Writing notes for the introduction.
(b) Taking notes for a novel.
(c) Writing notes for the finale.
(d) Watching birds.
3. What is believed to be the cause of problems between Vernon and Clive?
(a) Molly's death affects them both.
(b) The pact is too stressful to keep.
(c) Their relationship is lopsided.
(d) Julian has put a wedge between them.
4. What does Julian's outing do for his career?
(a) Encouraged him to become more liberal.
(b) Consolidated it.
(c) Destroyed it.
(d) Turned him into a celebrity.
5. What does Julian's wife compare the person she denounces to?
(a) A leech.
(b) A tick.
(c) A flea.
(d) An ant.
6. Who begins to denounce Vernon by the end of the weekend?
(a) The Judge's editorials.
(b) The television news.
(d) Other newspapers.
7. What is Vernon's complaint to Clive?
(a) A co-worker is giving Vernon a hard time.
(b) Julian knows Vernon has pictures of him.
(c) Vernon's staff is against him.
(d) Julian threatens Vernon.
8. What is Julian's wife's reaction to his sexuality?
(a) She is supportive.
(b) She makes him go to therapy.
(c) She is appalled.
(d) She makes him resign.
9. In Chapter Three, who does Clive get an urgent call from?
(a) A musician.
10. Why does Vernon call Clive in Chapter Four?
(a) To tell him he's publishing the photos.
(b) To reconcile.
(c) To continue the argument.
(d) To tell him to call the police.
11. Where does Clive go after his hiking trip?
(a) His hotel.
(c) Lake District.
12. Where are the photos of Julian displayed in The Judge?
(a) The politics section.
(b) The celebrity news section.
(c) The last page.
(d) The front page.
13. Who does Julian trust with the photographs?
14. According to Vernon, why does Clive contact the authorities?
(a) Clive personally knows the rapist.
(b) His sketch is turned into the police.
(c) It's his moral duty.
(d) He is witnessed in the area and needs to clear his name.
15. What is the name of Julian's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plans to ruin Vernon's job at The Judge?
2. What does Clive choose to do when he sees the argument?
3. What does Vernon show Clive when they see each other?
4. What do both Clive and Vernon fail to see?
5. What other story runs in the newspaper with the photos of Julian?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)