|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vernon's new purpose in life?
(a) To ruin Julian's life.
(b) To make Molly's memory count for something.
(c) To increase circulation for The Judge.
(d) To ruin Clive's life.
2. How long does Julian's wife claim to know about his sexual proclivities?
(a) For the last year.
(b) Since she saw the photos for the first time.
(c) Since they began dating.
(d) Since the beginning of their marriage.
3. What enables Vernon to be able to publish the photos in Chapter Three?
(a) The photos are already leaked.
(b) He is not worried about the law.
(c) He now owns the copyright.
(d) The injunction is lifted.
4. According to Vernon, why does Clive contact the authorities?
(a) It's his moral duty.
(b) His sketch is turned into the police.
(c) He is witnessed in the area and needs to clear his name.
(d) Clive personally knows the rapist.
5. Which characters physically appear in Chapter Three?
(a) Clive and George.
(b) Vernon, Clive, and George.
(c) Julian, Vernon, and Clive.
(d) Vernon and Clive.
6. Through what outlet does the Garmony family make a statement?
7. What is Vernon a victim of?
(a) Cruel fate.
(b) Lack of influence.
(c) Conservative values.
(d) Poor judgment.
8. When Vernon realizes that Clive witnesses the attack, what does he do?
(a) Does nothing.
(b) Calls the police.
(c) Calls Clive.
(d) Goes to Clive's house.
9. What does Clive choose to do when he sees the argument?
(a) He runs away because he is scared.
(b) He goes over to stop them but gets caught in the middle of it.
(c) He ignores it and keeps working.
(d) He calls the police.
10. What type of worker is Frank?
11. Where does Clive go after his hiking trip?
(a) His hotel.
(d) Lake District.
12. Who does Chapter Three focus on?
13. What is Vernon's complaint to Clive?
(a) Julian knows Vernon has pictures of him.
(b) Julian threatens Vernon.
(c) Vernon's staff is against him.
(d) A co-worker is giving Vernon a hard time.
14. What happens to Vernon's job at The Judge?
(a) He is banned from the office.
(b) He is simply reprimanded.
(c) He is demoted.
(d) He is fired.
15. In Clive's opinion, what does Vernon lack?
(a) Moral principle.
(b) A friendly personality.
(c) Writing skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clive feel about ignoring the argument?
2. What does Julian's wife unveil to the media?
3. What is Frank's last name?
4. By publishing the pictures, who does Vernon betray?
5. What does Vernon want Clive to do?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)