|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Clive go to hike?
(a) Holland Park.
(c) Lake District.
(d) George's mansion.
2. In Chapter Three, who does Clive get an urgent call from?
(d) A musician.
3. Which character is the focal point of Chapter Four?
4. What happens to Vernon's job at The Judge?
(a) He is simply reprimanded.
(b) He is demoted.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He is banned from the office.
5. What does Clive confess to Vernon on the phone?
(a) That he witnesses violence while hiking.
(b) That he never really cares for Molly.
(c) That he really does think Vernon should post the photos.
(d) That he doesn't think The Judge is reputable.
6. Where are the photos of Julian displayed in The Judge?
(a) The front page.
(b) The politics section.
(c) The last page.
(d) The celebrity news section.
7. What role does Clive believe he plays?
8. What is Clive doing when he sees an argument occur?
(a) Watching birds.
(b) Writing notes for the introduction.
(c) Taking notes for a novel.
(d) Writing notes for the finale.
9. What type of worker is Frank?
10. What does Vernon look like when Clive sees him for the first time after Vernon receives the pictures.
11. Who begins to denounce Vernon by the end of the weekend?
(a) Other newspapers.
(b) The television news.
(c) The Judge's editorials.
12. What does Julian's wife compare the person she denounces to?
(a) A leech.
(b) A tick.
(c) A flea.
(d) An ant.
13. How long does Julian's wife claim to know about his sexual proclivities?
(a) Since they began dating.
(b) For the last year.
(c) Since the beginning of their marriage.
(d) Since she saw the photos for the first time.
14. What roles does Clive believe that Vernon plays?
15. What effect does the anticipated photos have on The Judge?
(a) Decreased circulation.
(b) Average circulation.
(c) Many people writing in with their opinions.
(d) Increased circulation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plans to ruin Vernon's job at The Judge?
2. What right does Vernon deny Julian by publishing his photos?
3. What does Julian's wife unveil to the media?
4. Which characters physically appear in Chapter Three?
5. When do Clive and Vernon have an argument?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)