|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Julian's wife claim to know about his sexual proclivities?
(a) For the last year.
(b) Since the beginning of their marriage.
(c) Since they began dating.
(d) Since she saw the photos for the first time.
2. When do Clive and Vernon have an argument?
(a) The night before Clive leaves to Penrith.
(b) They do not have an argument.
(c) The day before they both go to Amsterdam.
(d) The day after Clive returns from Penrith.
3. Who does Julian trust with the photographs?
4. What does Julian's wife unveil to the media?
(a) The photos of Julian that are going to be published.
(b) Scandalous photos of Molly.
(c) Pictures of Julian that Vernon never sees before.
(d) Scandalous photos of Vernon.
5. What does Clive's urgent caller request in Chapter Three?
(a) Photos of Julian.
(b) New music to play.
(c) A meeting.
(d) Information about the argument Clive witnesses.
6. What is Frank's last name?
7. What does Clive think about on his way to Penrith?
(a) His relationship with Vernon.
(b) His affair with Molly.
(c) Getting revenge on Julian.
(d) The symphony he is working on.
8. What other story runs in the newspaper with the photos of Julian?
(a) Clive is profiled as a famous composer.
(b) The Prime Minister is elected.
(c) The Lakeland rapist attacks a woman.
(d) The medical scandal in The Netherlands continues.
9. How does Clive feel about ignoring the argument?
10. Where does Clive go to hike?
(a) Holland Park.
(c) Lake District.
(d) George's mansion.
11. Why doesn't Clive want to tell the police what he sees?
(a) He believes he witnesses nothing.
(b) He is afraid he is accused of the crime.
(c) It interferes with his work.
(d) He is afraid he is attacked.
12. When Vernon realizes that Clive witnesses the attack, what does he do?
(a) Goes to Clive's house.
(b) Calls Clive.
(c) Does nothing.
(d) Calls the police.
13. Where are the pictures of Julian taken?
(d) The office of The Judge.
14. What is Vernon's complaint to Clive?
(a) Julian knows Vernon has pictures of him.
(b) A co-worker is giving Vernon a hard time.
(c) Vernon's staff is against him.
(d) Julian threatens Vernon.
15. Where does Clive go after his hiking trip?
(a) Lake District.
(d) His hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Three, who does Clive get an urgent call from?
2. What do both Clive and Vernon fail to see?
3. What does Vernon show Clive when they see each other?
4. Who does Clive see arguing when he is hiking?
5. When does Vernon notice that he has a new purpose in life?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)