|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clive's urgent caller request in Chapter Three?
(a) A meeting.
(b) Information about the argument Clive witnesses.
(c) Photos of Julian.
(d) New music to play.
2. What is Vernon a victim of?
(a) Lack of influence.
(b) Conservative values.
(c) Poor judgment.
(d) Cruel fate.
3. What enables Vernon to be able to publish the photos in Chapter Three?
(a) The photos are already leaked.
(b) He now owns the copyright.
(c) He is not worried about the law.
(d) The injunction is lifted.
4. Through what outlet does the Garmony family make a statement?
5. Where does Clive go to hike?
(a) George's mansion.
(b) Lake District.
(d) Holland Park.
6. Which word best describes Clive in Chapter Four?
7. What is the first cause of the deteriorating relationship between Clive and Vernon?
(a) Disagreeing about Clive's actions when he sees the argument.
(b) Disagreeing about Molly.
(c) Disagreeing on publishing photos of Julian.
(d) Disagreeing about where Clive goes to work.
8. What does Vernon show Clive when they see each other?
(a) Moll's last will and testament.
(b) A positive article about Julian.
(c) Photographs of Molly.
(d) Photographs of Julian.
9. What does Julian's wife unveil to the media?
(a) Scandalous photos of Vernon.
(b) Scandalous photos of Molly.
(c) The photos of Julian that are going to be published.
(d) Pictures of Julian that Vernon never sees before.
10. What is Vernon's new purpose in life?
(a) To ruin Julian's life.
(b) To make Molly's memory count for something.
(c) To increase circulation for The Judge.
(d) To ruin Clive's life.
11. What is Vernon's complaint to Clive?
(a) Julian threatens Vernon.
(b) A co-worker is giving Vernon a hard time.
(c) Julian knows Vernon has pictures of him.
(d) Vernon's staff is against him.
12. What other story runs in the newspaper with the photos of Julian?
(a) The Prime Minister is elected.
(b) The Lakeland rapist attacks a woman.
(c) Clive is profiled as a famous composer.
(d) The medical scandal in The Netherlands continues.
13. According to Vernon, why does Clive contact the authorities?
(a) Clive personally knows the rapist.
(b) He is witnessed in the area and needs to clear his name.
(c) His sketch is turned into the police.
(d) It's his moral duty.
14. What consequence does Vernon consider to posting the pictures?
(a) That Vernon's staff turns against him.
(b) That Vernon gets fired.
(c) That Julian's family abandons him.
15. Why is Vernon angry at his staff?
(a) They want to replace him with Frank.
(b) They are reluctant to post the pictures of Julian.
(c) They want to post a positive article about Julian on the cover.
(d) They want to demote him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Julian's wife?
2. When does Vernon notice that he has a new purpose in life?
3. What is Julian's wife's reaction to his sexuality?
4. Which word best defines Vernon's staff at The Judge in Chapter Four?
5. What is Frank's role at The Judge?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)