|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Vernon angry at his staff?
(a) They want to replace him with Frank.
(b) They are reluctant to post the pictures of Julian.
(c) They want to post a positive article about Julian on the cover.
(d) They want to demote him.
2. What do both Clive and Vernon fail to see?
(a) George's vengefulness.
(b) Julian's alliance with George.
(c) Their own moral shortcomings.
(d) Why Vernon's staff is so fickle.
3. What is the name of Julian's wife?
4. What is the main setting of Chapter Three?
(a) Holland Park.
(b) Lake District.
5. What is Vernon a victim of?
(a) Cruel fate.
(b) Lack of influence.
(c) Poor judgment.
(d) Conservative values.
6. What is Vernon afraid of?
(a) That Julian has a successful bid to become prime minister.
(b) That George is out for revenge on Vernon and Clive as well as Julian.
(c) That Molly leaves nothing for him in her will.
(d) That is staff is conspiring against him.
7. Who does Clive see arguing when he is hiking?
(a) Two women.
(b) Two men.
(c) A man and a woman.
(d) A group of men and one woman.
8. Where does Clive go after his hiking trip?
(a) His hotel.
(d) Lake District.
9. In Clive's opinion, what does Vernon lack?
(a) Moral principle.
(b) A friendly personality.
(d) Writing skills.
10. What does Vernon look like when Clive sees him for the first time after Vernon receives the pictures.
11. What consequence does Vernon consider to posting the pictures?
(a) That Vernon gets fired.
(c) That Vernon's staff turns against him.
(d) That Julian's family abandons him.
12. Where does Clive go to hike?
(b) Lake District.
(c) George's mansion.
(d) Holland Park.
13. By publishing the pictures, who does Vernon betray?
14. Which pair of characters disagrees about publishing photos of Julian in The Judge?
(a) Julian and Clive.
(b) Vernon and George.
(c) Vernon and Clive.
(d) Clive and George.
15. What roles does Clive believe that Vernon plays?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is the focal point of Chapter Four?
2. What does Julian's wife unveil to the media?
3. What is Frank's last name?
4. What does Clive confess to Vernon on the phone?
5. How long does Julian's wife claim to know about his sexual proclivities?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)