|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Clive go after his hiking trip?
(a) Lake District.
(b) His hotel.
2. What right does Vernon deny Julian by publishing his photos?
(a) The right to sexual expression in private.
(b) The right to public office.
(c) The right not to be humiliated.
(d) The legal right to own copyright of the pictures.
3. How does Clive see Vernon after his hiking trip?
4. What does Julian's outing do for his career?
(a) Destroyed it.
(b) Encouraged him to become more liberal.
(c) Consolidated it.
(d) Turned him into a celebrity.
5. Who plans to ruin Vernon's job at The Judge?
(a) Julian's wife.
6. What is Vernon's complaint to Clive?
(a) Vernon's staff is against him.
(b) Julian knows Vernon has pictures of him.
(c) Julian threatens Vernon.
(d) A co-worker is giving Vernon a hard time.
7. What does Julian's wife compare the person she denounces to?
(a) A tick.
(b) A leech.
(c) An ant.
(d) A flea.
8. What does Vernon criticize in Chapter Four?
(a) His staff's inability to support him.
(b) The Lakeland rapist's violent behavior.
(c) Clive's lack of acknowledgement.
(d) Clive's irresponsibility.
9. What does Clive's urgent caller request in Chapter Three?
(a) Photos of Julian.
(b) New music to play.
(c) A meeting.
(d) Information about the argument Clive witnesses.
10. When Vernon meets with his newspaper staff for the first time in Chapter Four, what happens?
(a) Vernon accepts accolades for his work.
(b) Vernon is swamped with phone calls about the publishing of Julian's photos.
(c) Vernon's staff ignores him because they no longer respect him.
(d) Vernon's staff yells at him for his disappointing work.
11. Where are the photos of Julian displayed in The Judge?
(a) The last page.
(b) The politics section.
(c) The celebrity news section.
(d) The front page.
12. Which character is the focal point of Chapter Four?
13. According to Vernon, why does Clive contact the authorities?
(a) He is witnessed in the area and needs to clear his name.
(b) Clive personally knows the rapist.
(c) His sketch is turned into the police.
(d) It's his moral duty.
14. When Vernon realizes that Clive witnesses the attack, what does he do?
(a) Calls the police.
(b) Calls Clive.
(c) Goes to Clive's house.
(d) Does nothing.
15. What enables Vernon to be able to publish the photos in Chapter Three?
(a) The injunction is lifted.
(b) The photos are already leaked.
(c) He is not worried about the law.
(d) He now owns the copyright.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best defines Vernon's staff at The Judge in Chapter Four?
2. What effect does the anticipated photos have on The Judge?
3. On what day is Vernon hailed as the savior of The Judge?
4. Who does Chapter Three focus on?
5. What happens to Vernon's job at The Judge?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)