|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first cause of the deteriorating relationship between Clive and Vernon?
(a) Disagreeing on publishing photos of Julian.
(b) Disagreeing about Clive's actions when he sees the argument.
(c) Disagreeing about where Clive goes to work.
(d) Disagreeing about Molly.
2. When Vernon meets with his newspaper staff for the first time in Chapter Four, what happens?
(a) Vernon's staff yells at him for his disappointing work.
(b) Vernon's staff ignores him because they no longer respect him.
(c) Vernon is swamped with phone calls about the publishing of Julian's photos.
(d) Vernon accepts accolades for his work.
3. Which character is the focal point of Chapter Four?
4. Which characters physically appear in Chapter Three?
(a) Vernon and Clive.
(b) Vernon, Clive, and George.
(c) Julian, Vernon, and Clive.
(d) Clive and George.
5. Why does Vernon call Clive in Chapter Four?
(a) To tell him he's publishing the photos.
(b) To tell him to call the police.
(c) To reconcile.
(d) To continue the argument.
6. Why doesn't Clive want to tell the police what he sees?
(a) He is afraid he is attacked.
(b) He is afraid he is accused of the crime.
(c) He believes he witnesses nothing.
(d) It interferes with his work.
7. What does Clive confess to Vernon on the phone?
(a) That he doesn't think The Judge is reputable.
(b) That he really does think Vernon should post the photos.
(c) That he never really cares for Molly.
(d) That he witnesses violence while hiking.
8. Which word best describes Clive in Chapter Four?
9. What is Vernon's complaint to Clive?
(a) Julian knows Vernon has pictures of him.
(b) A co-worker is giving Vernon a hard time.
(c) Vernon's staff is against him.
(d) Julian threatens Vernon.
10. What is the name of Julian's wife?
11. According to Vernon, why does Clive contact the authorities?
(a) He is witnessed in the area and needs to clear his name.
(b) His sketch is turned into the police.
(c) Clive personally knows the rapist.
(d) It's his moral duty.
12. What does Vernon want Clive to do?
(a) Contact the police.
(b) Support him publishing the photos.
(c) Confess to a crime.
(d) Find the Lakeland rapist.
13. What is Clive doing when he sees an argument occur?
(a) Watching birds.
(b) Writing notes for the finale.
(c) Taking notes for a novel.
(d) Writing notes for the introduction.
14. Where are the photos of Julian displayed in The Judge?
(a) The last page.
(b) The front page.
(c) The politics section.
(d) The celebrity news section.
15. What does Vernon criticize in Chapter Four?
(a) The Lakeland rapist's violent behavior.
(b) Clive's lack of acknowledgement.
(c) His staff's inability to support him.
(d) Clive's irresponsibility.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Julian's wife claim to know about his sexual proclivities?
2. What does Clive think about on his way to Penrith?
3. Through what outlet does the Garmony family make a statement?
4. Where does Clive go to hike?
5. What happens to Vernon's job at The Judge?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)