|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vernon afraid of?
(a) That George is out for revenge on Vernon and Clive as well as Julian.
(b) That Julian has a successful bid to become prime minister.
(c) That is staff is conspiring against him.
(d) That Molly leaves nothing for him in her will.
2. What does Clive choose to do when he sees the argument?
(a) He ignores it and keeps working.
(b) He runs away because he is scared.
(c) He calls the police.
(d) He goes over to stop them but gets caught in the middle of it.
3. Who begins to denounce Vernon by the end of the weekend?
(a) Other newspapers.
(b) The television news.
(c) The Judge's editorials.
4. When Vernon meets with his newspaper staff for the first time in Chapter Four, what happens?
(a) Vernon's staff ignores him because they no longer respect him.
(b) Vernon is swamped with phone calls about the publishing of Julian's photos.
(c) Vernon's staff yells at him for his disappointing work.
(d) Vernon accepts accolades for his work.
5. How does Clive see Vernon after his hiking trip?
6. Through what outlet does the Garmony family make a statement?
7. What do both Clive and Vernon fail to see?
(a) Julian's alliance with George.
(b) George's vengefulness.
(c) Their own moral shortcomings.
(d) Why Vernon's staff is so fickle.
8. Where does Clive go after his hiking trip?
(a) His hotel.
(d) Lake District.
9. According to Vernon, why does Clive contact the authorities?
(a) It's his moral duty.
(b) His sketch is turned into the police.
(c) He is witnessed in the area and needs to clear his name.
(d) Clive personally knows the rapist.
10. What is Frank's last name?
11. What does Clive confess to Vernon on the phone?
(a) That he never really cares for Molly.
(b) That he really does think Vernon should post the photos.
(c) That he witnesses violence while hiking.
(d) That he doesn't think The Judge is reputable.
12. Who does Clive see arguing when he is hiking?
(a) A group of men and one woman.
(b) Two women.
(c) Two men.
(d) A man and a woman.
13. When Vernon realizes that Clive witnesses the attack, what does he do?
(a) Does nothing.
(b) Goes to Clive's house.
(c) Calls the police.
(d) Calls Clive.
14. What does Vernon criticize in Chapter Four?
(a) Clive's irresponsibility.
(b) Clive's lack of acknowledgement.
(c) The Lakeland rapist's violent behavior.
(d) His staff's inability to support him.
15. Why is Vernon angry at his staff?
(a) They want to replace him with Frank.
(b) They want to demote him.
(c) They want to post a positive article about Julian on the cover.
(d) They are reluctant to post the pictures of Julian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main setting of Chapter Three?
2. Where are the pictures of Julian taken?
3. In Clive's opinion, what does Vernon lack?
4. What does Vernon want Clive to do?
5. Where are the photos of Julian displayed in The Judge?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)