|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which pair of characters disagrees about publishing photos of Julian in The Judge?
(a) Clive and George.
(b) Julian and Clive.
(c) Vernon and Clive.
(d) Vernon and George.
2. When Vernon meets with his newspaper staff for the first time in Chapter Four, what happens?
(a) Vernon accepts accolades for his work.
(b) Vernon's staff yells at him for his disappointing work.
(c) Vernon is swamped with phone calls about the publishing of Julian's photos.
(d) Vernon's staff ignores him because they no longer respect him.
3. What is Vernon afraid of?
(a) That Molly leaves nothing for him in her will.
(b) That George is out for revenge on Vernon and Clive as well as Julian.
(c) That is staff is conspiring against him.
(d) That Julian has a successful bid to become prime minister.
4. Why are the pictures of Julian so scandalous?
(a) Julian is dressed as a woman.
(b) Julian is being violent.
(c) Julian is completely naked.
(d) Julian is with another woman.
5. What does Clive prepare for when he returns after hiking?
(a) To publish photos of Julian.
(b) To go to Amsterdam.
(c) To go to London.
(d) To complete the symphony.
6. What is the name of Julian's wife?
7. What happens to Vernon's job at The Judge?
(a) He is simply reprimanded.
(b) He is fired.
(c) He is demoted.
(d) He is banned from the office.
8. Why is Clive going to hike later than he originally wants?
(a) He gets into a car accident.
(b) The train is delayed.
(c) He meets with George.
(d) He meets with Vernon.
9. What roles does Clive believe that Vernon plays?
10. When does Vernon notice that he has a new purpose in life?
(a) The day he finds out that Clive witnesses a violent argument.
(b) The day after he argues with Clive.
(c) The day before publication of Julian's photos.
(d) The day after Julian's photos are published.
11. Which character is the focal point of Chapter Four?
12. Where does Clive go to hike?
(a) Lake District.
(c) Holland Park.
(d) George's mansion.
13. Why does Vernon call Clive in Chapter Four?
(a) To reconcile.
(b) To continue the argument.
(c) To tell him to call the police.
(d) To tell him he's publishing the photos.
14. According to Vernon, why does Clive contact the authorities?
(a) It's his moral duty.
(b) His sketch is turned into the police.
(c) Clive personally knows the rapist.
(d) He is witnessed in the area and needs to clear his name.
15. What does Clive choose to do when he sees the argument?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He runs away because he is scared.
(c) He goes over to stop them but gets caught in the middle of it.
(d) He ignores it and keeps working.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vernon a victim of?
2. Who does Clive see arguing when he is hiking?
3. How does Clive see Vernon after his hiking trip?
4. Who begins to denounce Vernon by the end of the weekend?
5. Why is Vernon angry at his staff?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)