|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frank's last name?
2. What right does Vernon deny Julian by publishing his photos?
(a) The right to public office.
(b) The right not to be humiliated.
(c) The right to sexual expression in private.
(d) The legal right to own copyright of the pictures.
3. Who begins to denounce Vernon by the end of the weekend?
(a) Other newspapers.
(b) The Judge's editorials.
(d) The television news.
4. What is Vernon's initial response to Clive's confession?
(a) He is elated.
(b) He is only half-listening.
(c) He wants to meet in person to discuss it.
(d) He is outraged.
5. What type of worker is Frank?
6. Which characters physically appear in Chapter Three?
(a) Clive and George.
(b) Julian, Vernon, and Clive.
(c) Vernon, Clive, and George.
(d) Vernon and Clive.
7. Which character is the focal point of Chapter Four?
8. Where are the photos of Julian displayed in The Judge?
(a) The last page.
(b) The politics section.
(c) The celebrity news section.
(d) The front page.
9. What is the main setting of Chapter Three?
(a) Lake District.
(b) Holland Park.
10. Where does Clive go after his hiking trip?
(a) His hotel.
(d) Lake District.
11. What does Clive confess to Vernon on the phone?
(a) That he really does think Vernon should post the photos.
(b) That he witnesses violence while hiking.
(c) That he never really cares for Molly.
(d) That he doesn't think The Judge is reputable.
12. Which pair of characters disagrees about publishing photos of Julian in The Judge?
(a) Vernon and Clive.
(b) Julian and Clive.
(c) Clive and George.
(d) Vernon and George.
13. When do Clive and Vernon have an argument?
(a) The day before they both go to Amsterdam.
(b) The day after Clive returns from Penrith.
(c) The night before Clive leaves to Penrith.
(d) They do not have an argument.
14. When Vernon realizes that Clive witnesses the attack, what does he do?
(a) Calls Clive.
(b) Calls the police.
(c) Goes to Clive's house.
(d) Does nothing.
15. How long does Julian's wife claim to know about his sexual proclivities?
(a) Since she saw the photos for the first time.
(b) Since the beginning of their marriage.
(c) Since they began dating.
(d) For the last year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What consequence does Vernon consider to posting the pictures?
2. Why is Clive going to hike later than he originally wants?
3. What is Julian's wife's reaction to his sexuality?
4. What is Vernon afraid of?
5. What other story runs in the newspaper with the photos of Julian?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)