|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vernon want Clive to do?
(a) Contact the police.
(b) Find the Lakeland rapist.
(c) Support him publishing the photos.
(d) Confess to a crime.
2. What does Julian's wife compare the person she denounces to?
(a) A flea.
(b) An ant.
(c) A leech.
(d) A tick.
3. Why is Clive going to hike later than he originally wants?
(a) The train is delayed.
(b) He gets into a car accident.
(c) He meets with George.
(d) He meets with Vernon.
4. What roles does Clive believe that Vernon plays?
5. What is the main setting of Chapter Three?
(b) Lake District.
(d) Holland Park.
6. What is Clive doing when he sees an argument occur?
(a) Taking notes for a novel.
(b) Watching birds.
(c) Writing notes for the finale.
(d) Writing notes for the introduction.
7. In Clive's opinion, what does Vernon lack?
(a) Moral principle.
(c) Writing skills.
(d) A friendly personality.
8. What does Clive confess to Vernon on the phone?
(a) That he never really cares for Molly.
(b) That he doesn't think The Judge is reputable.
(c) That he really does think Vernon should post the photos.
(d) That he witnesses violence while hiking.
9. What is the name of Julian's wife?
10. What does Vernon criticize in Chapter Four?
(a) Clive's irresponsibility.
(b) The Lakeland rapist's violent behavior.
(c) His staff's inability to support him.
(d) Clive's lack of acknowledgement.
11. Which characters physically appear in Chapter Three?
(a) Julian, Vernon, and Clive.
(b) Vernon and Clive.
(c) Vernon, Clive, and George.
(d) Clive and George.
12. What enables Vernon to be able to publish the photos in Chapter Three?
(a) The photos are already leaked.
(b) He now owns the copyright.
(c) The injunction is lifted.
(d) He is not worried about the law.
13. In Chapter Three, who does Clive get an urgent call from?
(a) A musician.
14. How long does Julian's wife claim to know about his sexual proclivities?
(a) Since they began dating.
(b) For the last year.
(c) Since the beginning of their marriage.
(d) Since she saw the photos for the first time.
15. On what day is Vernon hailed as the savior of The Judge?
Short Answer Questions
1. By publishing the pictures, who does Vernon betray?
2. What is Vernon's initial response to Clive's confession?
3. Which pair of characters disagrees about publishing photos of Julian in The Judge?
4. Why doesn't Clive want to tell the police what he sees?
5. What is Frank's last name?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)