|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What roles does Clive believe that Vernon plays?
2. Which characters physically appear in Chapter Three?
(a) Julian, Vernon, and Clive.
(b) Vernon, Clive, and George.
(c) Vernon and Clive.
(d) Clive and George.
3. Why doesn't Clive want to tell the police what he sees?
(a) He is afraid he is accused of the crime.
(b) It interferes with his work.
(c) He believes he witnesses nothing.
(d) He is afraid he is attacked.
4. What type of worker is Frank?
5. What does Clive choose to do when he sees the argument?
(a) He ignores it and keeps working.
(b) He runs away because he is scared.
(c) He calls the police.
(d) He goes over to stop them but gets caught in the middle of it.
6. What is the name of Julian's wife?
7. Who does Julian's wife publicly denounce?
8. Who does Clive see arguing when he is hiking?
(a) A group of men and one woman.
(b) A man and a woman.
(c) Two men.
(d) Two women.
9. How does Clive see Vernon after his hiking trip?
10. Who begins to denounce Vernon by the end of the weekend?
(a) The Judge's editorials.
(b) Other newspapers.
(d) The television news.
11. Who plans to ruin Vernon's job at The Judge?
(c) Julian's wife.
12. What is Vernon's initial response to Clive's confession?
(a) He is elated.
(b) He is only half-listening.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He wants to meet in person to discuss it.
13. What is Vernon's staff's reaction to the Garmony's going to the media?
(a) They no longer support Vernon.
(b) They feel cheated by Vernon.
(c) They encourage Vernon to post the photos anyway.
(d) They threaten to quit if conditions are not improved.
14. What is Vernon a victim of?
(a) Conservative values.
(b) Cruel fate.
(c) Poor judgment.
(d) Lack of influence.
15. What does Vernon look like when Clive sees him for the first time after Vernon receives the pictures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vernon want Clive to do?
2. Which word best describes Clive in Chapter Four?
3. In Clive's opinion, what does Vernon lack?
4. Why is Clive going to hike later than he originally wants?
5. What is Frank's role at The Judge?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)