|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vernon's complaint to Clive?
(a) Julian knows Vernon has pictures of him.
(b) Julian threatens Vernon.
(c) A co-worker is giving Vernon a hard time.
(d) Vernon's staff is against him.
2. What does Clive choose to do when he sees the argument?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He runs away because he is scared.
(c) He goes over to stop them but gets caught in the middle of it.
(d) He ignores it and keeps working.
3. Through what outlet does the Garmony family make a statement?
4. What is the first cause of the deteriorating relationship between Clive and Vernon?
(a) Disagreeing about Molly.
(b) Disagreeing on publishing photos of Julian.
(c) Disagreeing about Clive's actions when he sees the argument.
(d) Disagreeing about where Clive goes to work.
5. What is the name of Julian's wife?
6. What consequence does Vernon consider to posting the pictures?
(a) That Vernon's staff turns against him.
(c) That Julian's family abandons him.
(d) That Vernon gets fired.
7. Who plans to ruin Vernon's job at The Judge?
(c) Julian's wife.
8. What is believed to be the cause of problems between Vernon and Clive?
(a) Julian has put a wedge between them.
(b) The pact is too stressful to keep.
(c) Their relationship is lopsided.
(d) Molly's death affects them both.
9. By publishing the pictures, who does Vernon betray?
10. What does Julian's wife compare the person she denounces to?
(a) A flea.
(b) An ant.
(c) A tick.
(d) A leech.
11. Which word best defines Vernon's staff at The Judge in Chapter Four?
12. What is Vernon's new purpose in life?
(a) To make Molly's memory count for something.
(b) To increase circulation for The Judge.
(c) To ruin Julian's life.
(d) To ruin Clive's life.
13. What has Julian been outed as?
(a) A transvestite.
(b) A homosexual.
(c) A male chauvinist.
(d) A womanizer.
14. Why are the pictures of Julian so scandalous?
(a) Julian is dressed as a woman.
(b) Julian is completely naked.
(c) Julian is with another woman.
(d) Julian is being violent.
15. Why is Clive going to hike later than he originally wants?
(a) The train is delayed.
(b) He gets into a car accident.
(c) He meets with Vernon.
(d) He meets with George.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characters physically appear in Chapter Three?
2. Where are the photos of Julian displayed in The Judge?
3. What is Vernon's initial response to Clive's confession?
4. What does Vernon look like when Clive sees him for the first time after Vernon receives the pictures.
5. When do Clive and Vernon have an argument?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)