|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What consequence does Vernon consider to posting the pictures?
(a) That Julian's family abandons him.
(b) That Vernon gets fired.
(c) That Vernon's staff turns against him.
2. Where does Clive go to hike?
(a) Holland Park.
(c) George's mansion.
(d) Lake District.
3. According to Vernon, why does Clive contact the authorities?
(a) Clive personally knows the rapist.
(b) He is witnessed in the area and needs to clear his name.
(c) His sketch is turned into the police.
(d) It's his moral duty.
4. Where does Clive go after his hiking trip?
(a) His hotel.
(b) Lake District.
5. How long does Julian's wife claim to know about his sexual proclivities?
(a) For the last year.
(b) Since the beginning of their marriage.
(c) Since they began dating.
(d) Since she saw the photos for the first time.
6. By publishing the pictures, who does Vernon betray?
7. What does Vernon show Clive when they see each other?
(a) Photographs of Julian.
(b) A positive article about Julian.
(c) Moll's last will and testament.
(d) Photographs of Molly.
8. What is Vernon's initial response to Clive's confession?
(a) He is elated.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) He is only half-listening.
(d) He wants to meet in person to discuss it.
9. How does Clive see Vernon after his hiking trip?
10. Why does Vernon call Clive in Chapter Four?
(a) To continue the argument.
(b) To reconcile.
(c) To tell him to call the police.
(d) To tell him he's publishing the photos.
11. What does Vernon criticize in Chapter Four?
(a) The Lakeland rapist's violent behavior.
(b) Clive's irresponsibility.
(c) Clive's lack of acknowledgement.
(d) His staff's inability to support him.
12. Who plans to ruin Vernon's job at The Judge?
(d) Julian's wife.
13. On what day is Vernon hailed as the savior of The Judge?
14. What enables Vernon to be able to publish the photos in Chapter Three?
(a) He now owns the copyright.
(b) The photos are already leaked.
(c) He is not worried about the law.
(d) The injunction is lifted.
15. In Chapter Three, who does Clive get an urgent call from?
(c) A musician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vernon afraid of?
2. What do both Clive and Vernon fail to see?
3. What does Clive prepare for when he returns after hiking?
4. What does Julian's wife compare the person she denounces to?
5. What other story runs in the newspaper with the photos of Julian?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)