|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clive's urgent caller request in Chapter Three?
(a) Information about the argument Clive witnesses.
(b) A meeting.
(c) New music to play.
(d) Photos of Julian.
2. In Clive's opinion, what does Vernon lack?
(a) Writing skills.
(b) A friendly personality.
(c) Moral principle.
3. Who does Clive see arguing when he is hiking?
(a) Two men.
(b) Two women.
(c) A group of men and one woman.
(d) A man and a woman.
4. When Vernon meets with his newspaper staff for the first time in Chapter Four, what happens?
(a) Vernon's staff yells at him for his disappointing work.
(b) Vernon's staff ignores him because they no longer respect him.
(c) Vernon accepts accolades for his work.
(d) Vernon is swamped with phone calls about the publishing of Julian's photos.
5. What is Clive doing when he sees an argument occur?
(a) Writing notes for the introduction.
(b) Writing notes for the finale.
(c) Watching birds.
(d) Taking notes for a novel.
6. What does Clive choose to do when he sees the argument?
(a) He goes over to stop them but gets caught in the middle of it.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He runs away because he is scared.
(d) He ignores it and keeps working.
7. What is Vernon's staff's reaction to the Garmony's going to the media?
(a) They no longer support Vernon.
(b) They feel cheated by Vernon.
(c) They encourage Vernon to post the photos anyway.
(d) They threaten to quit if conditions are not improved.
8. What role does Clive believe he plays?
9. Who does Julian's wife publicly denounce?
10. What is the main setting of Chapter Three?
(a) Holland Park.
(b) Lake District.
11. What is Julian's wife's reaction to his sexuality?
(a) She is supportive.
(b) She is appalled.
(c) She makes him go to therapy.
(d) She makes him resign.
12. When Vernon realizes that Clive witnesses the attack, what does he do?
(a) Calls the police.
(b) Calls Clive.
(c) Does nothing.
(d) Goes to Clive's house.
13. What roles does Clive believe that Vernon plays?
14. On what day is Vernon hailed as the savior of The Judge?
15. What effect does the anticipated photos have on The Judge?
(a) Decreased circulation.
(b) Average circulation.
(c) Increased circulation.
(d) Many people writing in with their opinions.
Short Answer Questions
1. By publishing the pictures, who does Vernon betray?
2. Why does Vernon call Clive in Chapter Four?
3. What has Julian been outed as?
4. Which characters physically appear in Chapter Three?
5. What does Vernon want Clive to do?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)