|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vernon deny Julian a place of importance?
(a) He avoids articles about him being on the front page.
(b) He doesn't accept photos from George.
(c) He is hesitant to publish photos of Julian.
(d) He refuses to post any article about Julian in The Judge.
2. What relationship is George to Molly?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her lover.
(d) Her brother.
3. After Molly's funeral, how does Clive feel?
4. What is foreshadowed in the first chapter?
(a) Revenge is an important theme.
(b) Julian tarnishes his political reputation.
(c) Clive fails at accomplishing his goal.
(d) Molly's lovers all come together for a common goal.
5. Why does George want revenge on Julian?
(a) He is interested in Julian's wife.
(b) He despises all of Molly's lovers, including Julian.
(c) He dislikes his political views.
(d) He is mad that Julian is mentioned in Molly's will.
6. Why is Molly's death undignified?
(a) George deprives her of necessities.
(b) She receives no visits from the people she loves.
(c) She is denied medical care.
(d) She asks to be euthanized but George doesn't do it.
7. What agreement do Vernon and Clive have?
(a) To continue being friends despite their differences.
(b) To euthanize each other if the other is terminally ill.
(c) To visit Amsterdam together for a symphony.
(d) To make Julian's life as bad as possible.
8. In what month is Molly's funeral?
9. How does George feel Molly's lovers?
(a) He despises them.
(b) He has no emotions toward them whatsoever.
(c) He encourages Molly to have lovers.
(d) He doesn't know about them.
10. In which order does Vernon receive calls while he is at work in Chapter Two?
(a) Clive, George.
(b) George, Julian, Clive.
(c) George, Clive.
(d) Clive, Julian, George.
11. What type of story is featured in The Judge the day of Vernon's first meeting in the novel?
(a) Julian's latest scandal.
(b) Medical scandal regarding euthanasia.
(c) Animal abuse.
(d) Molly's obituary.
12. Why is George vengeful toward the other men?
(a) Molly loves her lovers more than she loves him.
(b) Molly leaves them more money in her will.
(c) They cause Molly's death.
(d) They are trying to take the belongings Molly leaves.
13. What is the first setting in Chapter Two?
(a) The office where The Judge is written.
(b) Vernon's home.
(c) Clive's home.
(d) George's mansion.
14. Where does Clive want to go for inspiration?
(a) Holland Park.
(b) The office where The Judge is written.
(d) Lake District.
15. Who are the photos copyrighted to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clive's last name?
2. Who does The Judge often criticize?
3. What does Clive do after Molly's funeral?
4. Who despises Julian?
5. How many photos does George give to Vernon?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)