|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main purpose of the first chapter?
(a) To introduce the characters.
(b) To introduce symbols.
(c) To show that all the men have a tight bond.
(d) To show the impact Molly's life has on others.
2. Who despises Julian?
(a) Clive and Vernon.
(d) Clive, Vernon, and George.
3. What is Vernon's reaction to Clive's proposal?
(a) He agrees to do it.
(b) He is shocked and appalled at the concept.
(c) He says he has to think about it.
(d) He absolutely disagrees.
4. How does Molly die?
(a) A car accident.
(b) A terminal disease.
(c) Breast cancer.
5. What does Vernon receive in Chapter Two at work?
(a) An injunction prohibiting him from publishing any likeness of Julian.
(b) A note from his boss that reprimands his former articles about Julian.
(c) An injunction prohibiting him from publishing any likeness of George.
(d) A note from Clive about euthanasia.
6. What type of euthanasia laws are there in the Netherlands?
(a) None, so doctors are able to euthanize anybody for any reason.
(c) Euthanisia is not allowed.
7. What relationship is George to Molly?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her lover.
8. In which order does Vernon receive calls while he is at work in Chapter Two?
(a) George, Clive.
(b) Clive, Julian, George.
(c) George, Julian, Clive.
(d) Clive, George.
9. Where does Clive want to go for inspiration?
(b) Holland Park.
(c) Lake District.
(d) The office where The Judge is written.
10. How does George feel Molly's lovers?
(a) He has no emotions toward them whatsoever.
(b) He doesn't know about them.
(c) He encourages Molly to have lovers.
(d) He despises them.
11. What is foreshadowed in the first chapter?
(a) Revenge is an important theme.
(b) Molly's lovers all come together for a common goal.
(c) Clive fails at accomplishing his goal.
(d) Julian tarnishes his political reputation.
12. What is Julian's last name?
13. What is Vernon willing to use as a tool against Julian?
(a) The Judge.
(b) His friendship with Clive.
(c) His friendship with George.
14. What effect might the photos have on The Judge, in Vernon's perspective?
(a) Decrease circulation.
(b) Make the paper well-respected.
(c) Boost circulation.
(d) Make the paper more interesting.
15. How does Vernon deny Julian a place of importance?
(a) He refuses to post any article about Julian in The Judge.
(b) He is hesitant to publish photos of Julian.
(c) He avoids articles about him being on the front page.
(d) He doesn't accept photos from George.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Molly's occupation?
2. What does Vernon's urgent caller promise?
3. After Molly's funeral, how does Clive feel?
4. What is Clive's occupation?
5. How many photos does George give to Vernon?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)