|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of story is featured in The Judge the day of Vernon's first meeting in the novel?
(a) Medical scandal regarding euthanasia.
(b) Animal abuse.
(c) Molly's obituary.
(d) Julian's latest scandal.
2. Where is George's mansion located?
(a) Holland Park.
(b) Nextdoor to Clive's home.
(d) Lake District.
3. What type of personality is George known to have?
(a) Greedy and managerial.
(b) Conniving and jealous.
(c) Pleasant and joyful.
(d) Depressed and quiet.
4. What type of note does Vernon leave for Clive?
(a) A note where he details the events of the day.
(b) A note that says he euthanizes Julian when they go on a trip together.
(c) A note that says he publishes the photos he finds.
(d) A note that says he is willing to euthanize Clive and hopes he does the same for Vernon.
5. Why is Molly's death undignified?
(a) She asks to be euthanized but George doesn't do it.
(b) George deprives her of necessities.
(c) She is denied medical care.
(d) She receives no visits from the people she loves.
6. What does Vernon's urgent caller promise?
(a) Photos that Molly takes.
(b) Information leading to an interesting article.
(c) Information about Molly's death.
(d) Information directly related to Julian.
7. What political affiliation do the characters have?
(a) Clive is liberal; Vernon and Julian are conservative.
(b) Clive and Vernon are liberal; Julian is conservative.
(c) Clive is conservative; Vernon and Julian are liberal.
(d) Clive and Vernon are conservative; Julian is liberal.
8. What effect might the photos have on The Judge, in Vernon's perspective?
(a) Boost circulation.
(b) Make the paper more interesting.
(c) Decrease circulation.
(d) Make the paper well-respected.
9. How does George get the photos?
(a) He has access to Julian's home for a short time.
(b) He takes them himself.
(c) Julian's wife gives them to him.
(d) It is Molly's, and becomes his when she dies.
10. Why does George want revenge on Julian?
(a) He is interested in Julian's wife.
(b) He is mad that Julian is mentioned in Molly's will.
(c) He despises all of Molly's lovers, including Julian.
(d) He dislikes his political views.
11. What kind of person is Molly?
(a) Quiet and reserved.
(b) Stressed and rigid.
(c) Independent and charismatic.
(d) Romantic and intelligent.
12. Which character is the focus of Chapter Two?
13. Why does Vernon claim he can't meet with Clive in Chapter Two?
(a) He is going hiking.
(b) He goes see George.
(c) He convinces his staff to publish his new information.
(d) He is too busy.
14. What is George's first name?
15. Who is in the photos that George gives to Vernon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Julian's last name?
2. What kind of reputation does Julian have?
3. Who do the photos belong to?
4. What kind of relationship do Clive and Vernon have initially?
5. What benefit does Vernon see to hurting Julian's political career?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)