|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is the focus of Chapter Two?
2. Who is in the photos that George gives to Vernon?
3. What effect might the photos have on The Judge, in Vernon's perspective?
(a) Make the paper more interesting.
(b) Decrease circulation.
(c) Make the paper well-respected.
(d) Boost circulation.
4. What is Vernon's reaction to Clive's proposal?
(a) He absolutely disagrees.
(b) He is shocked and appalled at the concept.
(c) He says he has to think about it.
(d) He agrees to do it.
5. What is Julian's occupation?
(a) Unemployed artist.
(d) Restaurant owner.
6. What kind of marriage does Molly and her husband have?
(d) Devoid of any emotion.
7. In what month is Molly's funeral?
8. How quickly does Molly's health deteriorate?
(a) Over the course of ten years.
(b) Over the course of a year.
(c) She dies in a sudden accident.
(d) Very rapidly and unexpectedly.
9. In which order does Vernon receive calls while he is at work in Chapter Two?
(a) George, Julian, Clive.
(b) Clive, Julian, George.
(c) Clive, George.
(d) George, Clive.
10. What is Clive been commissioned to write?
(a) An article about euthanasia.
(b) A symphony.
(c) An article about Julian's political values.
(d) A review of Julian's restaurant.
11. What is George's first name?
12. What is Clive's occupation?
(d) Writer for a journal.
13. What benefit does Vernon see to hurting Julian's political career?
(a) It satisfies George and keeps him from extracting revenge on Vernon.
(b) It keeps him from having affairs with other women.
(c) It prevents political and social disaster.
(d) It is beneficial to keeping peace between he and Clive.
14. How long does Clive stay up working after Molly's funeral?
(b) Only a few hours.
(c) Early morning.
(d) The next afternoon.
15. How many photos does George give to Vernon?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Clive and Vernon connected to George?
2. What does Vernon receive in Chapter Two at work?
3. After Molly's funeral, how does Clive feel?
4. What does Vernon's urgent caller promise?
5. What type of story is featured in The Judge the day of Vernon's first meeting in the novel?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)