|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does George want revenge on Julian?
(a) He is mad that Julian is mentioned in Molly's will.
(b) He dislikes his political views.
(c) He despises all of Molly's lovers, including Julian.
(d) He is interested in Julian's wife.
2. What is the main purpose of the first chapter?
(a) To show the impact Molly's life has on others.
(b) To show that all the men have a tight bond.
(c) To introduce the characters.
(d) To introduce symbols.
3. What does Vernon hope that publishing the photos does?
(a) Ruin George's wealth.
(b) Make Clive an infamous composer.
(c) Ruin Julian's political career.
(d) Ruin Julian's wealth.
4. Where does Clive want to go for inspiration?
(a) The office where The Judge is written.
(b) Holland Park.
(d) Lake District.
5. In what month is Molly's funeral?
6. What is foreshadowed in the first chapter?
(a) Molly's lovers all come together for a common goal.
(b) Revenge is an important theme.
(c) Clive fails at accomplishing his goal.
(d) Julian tarnishes his political reputation.
7. What type of personality is George known to have?
(a) Conniving and jealous.
(b) Greedy and managerial.
(c) Pleasant and joyful.
(d) Depressed and quiet.
8. Where does The Judge often feature articles about Julian?
(a) On the front page.
(b) In a separate newspaper.
(c) Only in the political section.
(d) On the last page.
9. What does Vernon's urgent caller promise?
(a) Information about Molly's death.
(b) Photos that Molly takes.
(c) Information leading to an interesting article.
(d) Information directly related to Julian.
10. What relationship is George to Molly?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her lover.
(d) Her husband.
11. What type of weather is present at Molly's funeral?
(a) Intense heat.
(d) Snow storm.
12. What is George's first name?
13. What effect might the photos have on The Judge, in Vernon's perspective?
(a) Boost circulation.
(b) Decrease circulation.
(c) Make the paper well-respected.
(d) Make the paper more interesting.
14. What is Vernon's occupation?
(a) Newspaper editor.
(d) Restaurant critic.
15. What is Clive's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vernon visit Clive in Chapter Two?
2. Where is George's mansion located?
3. What is The Judge's current standing in Chapter Two?
4. Who do the photos belong to?
5. What type of note does Vernon leave for Clive?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)