|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Clive stay up working after Molly's funeral?
(a) Only a few hours.
(c) Early morning.
(d) The next afternoon.
2. Who is in the photos that George gives to Vernon?
3. Why is Julian disliked by other characters?
(a) His arrogance.
(b) His lack of ethics.
(c) His hatred for Molly.
(d) His political views.
4. What is Clive's last name?
5. What is Molly's occupation?
(a) Restaurant critic.
(d) Writer for a newspaper.
6. Who is most motivated to post the photos in The Judge?
7. In what ways does Vernon hope to ruin Julian's life?
(c) Romantically and professionally.
(d) Personally and professionally.
8. When does Clive want to be euthanized?
(a) When he becomes too old to take care of himself.
(b) If he's terminally ill or incapacitated.
(c) If he fails to complete his goals in composition.
(d) When he is too old to drive.
9. How quickly does Molly's health deteriorate?
(a) She dies in a sudden accident.
(b) Over the course of a year.
(c) Over the course of ten years.
(d) Very rapidly and unexpectedly.
10. What is the main purpose of the first chapter?
(a) To show that all the men have a tight bond.
(b) To introduce the characters.
(c) To introduce symbols.
(d) To show the impact Molly's life has on others.
11. What type of note does Vernon leave for Clive?
(a) A note that says he is willing to euthanize Clive and hopes he does the same for Vernon.
(b) A note that says he euthanizes Julian when they go on a trip together.
(c) A note that says he publishes the photos he finds.
(d) A note where he details the events of the day.
12. While Vernon is in a meeting at the beginning of Chapter Two who calls urgently?
13. How many photos does George give to Vernon?
14. What is the first setting in Chapter Two?
(a) George's mansion.
(b) The office where The Judge is written.
(c) Vernon's home.
(d) Clive's home.
15. Where does The Judge often feature articles about Julian?
(a) In a separate newspaper.
(b) On the last page.
(c) On the front page.
(d) Only in the political section.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is George vengeful toward the other men?
2. What does Clive do after Molly's funeral?
3. How does Vernon deny Julian a place of importance?
4. What is Vernon willing to use as a tool against Julian?
5. What does Clive want to accomplish in finishing his project?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)