|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vernon's last name?
2. How does George feel Molly's lovers?
(a) He has no emotions toward them whatsoever.
(b) He doesn't know about them.
(c) He encourages Molly to have lovers.
(d) He despises them.
3. Where does Vernon visit Clive in Chapter Two?
(a) Clive's home.
(b) Vernon's home.
(c) George's home.
(d) The Judge office.
4. Which characters share a motive for revenge?
(a) Julian and George.
(b) George, Clive, and Vernon.
(c) Vernon and George.
(d) Clive and Vernon.
5. What character gets the most attention in the first chapter?
6. How does Vernon deny Julian a place of importance?
(a) He is hesitant to publish photos of Julian.
(b) He doesn't accept photos from George.
(c) He refuses to post any article about Julian in The Judge.
(d) He avoids articles about him being on the front page.
7. Where does The Judge often feature articles about Julian?
(a) On the last page.
(b) On the front page.
(c) Only in the political section.
(d) In a separate newspaper.
8. What type of note does Vernon leave for Clive?
(a) A note that says he euthanizes Julian when they go on a trip together.
(b) A note where he details the events of the day.
(c) A note that says he publishes the photos he finds.
(d) A note that says he is willing to euthanize Clive and hopes he does the same for Vernon.
9. Why does George take care of Molly in her final days?
(a) To make sure nobody steals anything from her.
(b) He loves her too much to leave her side.
(c) To control who has access to her.
(d) To make sure she has everything she needs.
10. What is Vernon's occupation?
(c) Restaurant critic.
(d) Newspaper editor.
11. What does Vernon's urgent caller promise?
(a) Information about Molly's death.
(b) Information directly related to Julian.
(c) Photos that Molly takes.
(d) Information leading to an interesting article.
12. How does Molly die?
(a) A car accident.
(b) A terminal disease.
(d) Breast cancer.
13. Why does George want revenge on Julian?
(a) He despises all of Molly's lovers, including Julian.
(b) He is mad that Julian is mentioned in Molly's will.
(c) He dislikes his political views.
(d) He is interested in Julian's wife.
14. What is Julian's last name?
15. What effect might the photos have on The Judge, in Vernon's perspective?
(a) Make the paper more interesting.
(b) Decrease circulation.
(c) Make the paper well-respected.
(d) Boost circulation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what ways does Vernon hope to ruin Julian's life?
2. What political affiliation do the characters have?
3. Why is Julian disliked by other characters?
4. Which of the following foreshadows events to occur after Chapter Two?
5. How are Clive and Vernon connected to George?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)