|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vernon's reaction to Clive's proposal?
(a) He absolutely disagrees.
(b) He agrees to do it.
(c) He says he has to think about it.
(d) He is shocked and appalled at the concept.
2. In what ways does Vernon hope to ruin Julian's life?
(b) Personally and professionally.
(d) Romantically and professionally.
3. What type of story is featured in The Judge the day of Vernon's first meeting in the novel?
(a) Molly's obituary.
(b) Medical scandal regarding euthanasia.
(c) Animal abuse.
(d) Julian's latest scandal.
4. What kind of marriage does Molly and her husband have?
(c) Devoid of any emotion.
5. How does Molly die?
(a) A car accident.
(b) A terminal disease.
(d) Breast cancer.
6. What benefit does Vernon see to hurting Julian's political career?
(a) It satisfies George and keeps him from extracting revenge on Vernon.
(b) It is beneficial to keeping peace between he and Clive.
(c) It prevents political and social disaster.
(d) It keeps him from having affairs with other women.
7. What is Vernon's last name?
8. How does George feel Molly's lovers?
(a) He despises them.
(b) He doesn't know about them.
(c) He has no emotions toward them whatsoever.
(d) He encourages Molly to have lovers.
9. Where does Vernon go after he visits George's mansion?
(a) Julian's home.
(b) Vernon's office.
(c) Molly's old office.
(d) Clive's studio.
10. In what month is Molly's funeral?
11. Who do the photos belong to?
12. What is Clive been commissioned to write?
(a) An article about euthanasia.
(b) A symphony.
(c) A review of Julian's restaurant.
(d) An article about Julian's political values.
13. What type of weather is present at Molly's funeral?
(b) Snow storm.
(c) Intense heat.
14. What is Molly's occupation?
(b) Restaurant critic.
(d) Writer for a newspaper.
15. What is Clive's occupation?
(b) Writer for a journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vernon visit Clive in Chapter Two?
2. Why does Vernon claim he can't meet with Clive in Chapter Two?
3. What is the first setting in Chapter Two?
4. What is Julian's occupation?
5. Why is Molly's death undignified?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)