|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Clive want to go for inspiration?
(a) Lake District.
(b) Holland Park.
(c) The office where The Judge is written.
2. What does Clive do after Molly's funeral?
(a) Calls Vernon to discuss euthanasia.
(b) Writes his last will and testament.
(c) Goes for a hike.
(d) Composes several major parts of a symphony.
3. What is Vernon's last name?
4. What is Vernon willing to use as a tool against Julian?
(a) The Judge.
(b) His friendship with George.
(c) His friendship with Clive.
5. What does Clive want to accomplish in finishing his project?
(a) A literary award.
(b) A spot on the Bestsellers list.
(c) A secured place in musical history.
(d) Revenge on Julian.
6. How are Clive and Vernon connected to George?
(a) They are his wife's former lovers.
(b) They are his friends.
(c) They are co-workers.
(d) They all meet at Molly's funeral.
7. Who is in the photos that George gives to Vernon?
8. Who are the photos copyrighted to?
9. How quickly does Molly's health deteriorate?
(a) Over the course of ten years.
(b) Very rapidly and unexpectedly.
(c) She dies in a sudden accident.
(d) Over the course of a year.
10. What type of weather is present at Molly's funeral?
(c) Intense heat.
(d) Snow storm.
11. What is Clive been commissioned to write?
(a) An article about Julian's political values.
(b) A symphony.
(c) An article about euthanasia.
(d) A review of Julian's restaurant.
12. What is Molly's occupation?
(a) Restaurant critic.
(c) Writer for a newspaper.
13. What is The Judge's current standing in Chapter Two?
(a) Circulation increases.
(b) Circulation decreases.
(c) It is not a respected newspaper.
(d) Circulation is consistent all year.
14. How many photos does George give to Vernon?
15. What does Vernon's urgent caller promise?
(a) Information leading to an interesting article.
(b) Information directly related to Julian.
(c) Photos that Molly takes.
(d) Information about Molly's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vernon go after he visits George's mansion?
2. How long does Clive stay up working after Molly's funeral?
3. In which order does Vernon receive calls while he is at work in Chapter Two?
4. What character gets the most attention in the first chapter?
5. What is Clive's occupation?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)