|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character gets the most attention in the first chapter?
2. Why does George take care of Molly in her final days?
(a) To control who has access to her.
(b) To make sure nobody steals anything from her.
(c) To make sure she has everything she needs.
(d) He loves her too much to leave her side.
3. Who does The Judge often criticize?
4. Which characters share a motive for revenge?
(a) George, Clive, and Vernon.
(b) Julian and George.
(c) Vernon and George.
(d) Clive and Vernon.
5. What does Vernon hope that publishing the photos does?
(a) Make Clive an infamous composer.
(b) Ruin Julian's political career.
(c) Ruin Julian's wealth.
(d) Ruin George's wealth.
6. What is the first setting in Chapter Two?
(a) Clive's home.
(b) George's mansion.
(c) The office where The Judge is written.
(d) Vernon's home.
7. How does Vernon deny Julian a place of importance?
(a) He avoids articles about him being on the front page.
(b) He is hesitant to publish photos of Julian.
(c) He refuses to post any article about Julian in The Judge.
(d) He doesn't accept photos from George.
8. How does George get the photos?
(a) It is Molly's, and becomes his when she dies.
(b) He has access to Julian's home for a short time.
(c) He takes them himself.
(d) Julian's wife gives them to him.
9. What does Vernon's urgent caller promise?
(a) Information directly related to Julian.
(b) Information leading to an interesting article.
(c) Photos that Molly takes.
(d) Information about Molly's death.
10. What is the main purpose of the first chapter?
(a) To introduce symbols.
(b) To introduce the characters.
(c) To show that all the men have a tight bond.
(d) To show the impact Molly's life has on others.
11. Why is Julian disliked by other characters?
(a) His lack of ethics.
(b) His hatred for Molly.
(c) His arrogance.
(d) His political views.
12. What kind of person is Molly?
(a) Stressed and rigid.
(b) Romantic and intelligent.
(c) Independent and charismatic.
(d) Quiet and reserved.
13. Where is George's mansion located?
(a) Nextdoor to Clive's home.
(b) Holland Park.
(d) Lake District.
14. What is Julian's occupation?
(a) Unemployed artist.
(b) Restaurant owner.
15. What type of story is featured in The Judge the day of Vernon's first meeting in the novel?
(a) Julian's latest scandal.
(b) Medical scandal regarding euthanasia.
(c) Animal abuse.
(d) Molly's obituary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most motivated to post the photos in The Judge?
2. Why is George vengeful toward the other men?
3. What is Vernon's occupation?
4. Why does George want revenge on Julian?
5. What is Clive's last name?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)