|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is George's first name?
2. How quickly does Molly's health deteriorate?
(a) She dies in a sudden accident.
(b) Very rapidly and unexpectedly.
(c) Over the course of a year.
(d) Over the course of ten years.
3. What relationship is George to Molly?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her lover.
(d) Her husband.
4. What is Clive been commissioned to write?
(a) A review of Julian's restaurant.
(b) An article about Julian's political values.
(c) An article about euthanasia.
(d) A symphony.
5. How does Molly die?
(b) A terminal disease.
(c) A car accident.
(d) Breast cancer.
6. How are Clive and Vernon connected to George?
(a) They are co-workers.
(b) They are his wife's former lovers.
(c) They are his friends.
(d) They all meet at Molly's funeral.
7. What character gets the most attention in the first chapter?
8. Why does Vernon claim he can't meet with Clive in Chapter Two?
(a) He is too busy.
(b) He convinces his staff to publish his new information.
(c) He goes see George.
(d) He is going hiking.
9. Why is Julian disliked by other characters?
(a) His lack of ethics.
(b) His arrogance.
(c) His hatred for Molly.
(d) His political views.
10. Why is Molly's death undignified?
(a) George deprives her of necessities.
(b) She asks to be euthanized but George doesn't do it.
(c) She receives no visits from the people she loves.
(d) She is denied medical care.
11. Where is George's mansion located?
(a) Holland Park.
(b) Nextdoor to Clive's home.
(c) Lake District.
12. Why does George give Vernon the photos?
(a) He doesn't think Julian is a good politician.
(b) He wants to help George boost circulation for The Judge.
(c) He wants to extract revenge on Julian.
(d) He thinks it leads to George and Clive's deteriorating friendship.
13. How long does Clive stay up working after Molly's funeral?
(a) The next afternoon.
(b) Only a few hours.
(d) Early morning.
14. Who does The Judge often criticize?
15. Why does George want revenge on Julian?
(a) He is interested in Julian's wife.
(b) He is mad that Julian is mentioned in Molly's will.
(c) He dislikes his political views.
(d) He despises all of Molly's lovers, including Julian.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Clive want to be euthanized?
2. What is the main purpose of the first chapter?
3. What type of personality is George known to have?
4. How does George get the photos?
5. What does Vernon receive in Chapter Two at work?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)