|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Clive stay up working after Molly's funeral?
(a) Early morning.
(c) The next afternoon.
(d) Only a few hours.
2. What is The Judge's current standing in Chapter Two?
(a) Circulation decreases.
(b) It is not a respected newspaper.
(c) Circulation is consistent all year.
(d) Circulation increases.
3. What is Clive been commissioned to write?
(a) An article about euthanasia.
(b) A symphony.
(c) A review of Julian's restaurant.
(d) An article about Julian's political values.
4. Why does George want revenge on Julian?
(a) He is mad that Julian is mentioned in Molly's will.
(b) He dislikes his political views.
(c) He is interested in Julian's wife.
(d) He despises all of Molly's lovers, including Julian.
5. In what ways does Vernon hope to ruin Julian's life?
(a) Personally and professionally.
(d) Romantically and professionally.
6. Where is euthanasia currently being abused?
(a) Lake District.
(b) Holland Park.
(c) The Netherlands.
7. What is Vernon's occupation?
(b) Restaurant critic.
(d) Newspaper editor.
8. Why does Vernon claim he can't meet with Clive in Chapter Two?
(a) He goes see George.
(b) He is too busy.
(c) He is going hiking.
(d) He convinces his staff to publish his new information.
9. Why does George take care of Molly in her final days?
(a) He loves her too much to leave her side.
(b) To make sure nobody steals anything from her.
(c) To make sure she has everything she needs.
(d) To control who has access to her.
10. What agreement do Vernon and Clive have?
(a) To make Julian's life as bad as possible.
(b) To continue being friends despite their differences.
(c) To visit Amsterdam together for a symphony.
(d) To euthanize each other if the other is terminally ill.
11. What is Clive's last name?
12. What kind of person is Molly?
(a) Quiet and reserved.
(b) Independent and charismatic.
(c) Romantic and intelligent.
(d) Stressed and rigid.
13. What is Julian's last name?
14. What does Vernon's urgent caller promise?
(a) Information about Molly's death.
(b) Photos that Molly takes.
(c) Information leading to an interesting article.
(d) Information directly related to Julian.
15. What kind of marriage does Molly and her husband have?
(d) Devoid of any emotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vernon willing to use as a tool against Julian?
2. Where does Vernon visit Clive in Chapter Two?
3. Who is most motivated to post the photos in The Judge?
4. Who are the photos copyrighted to?
5. What type of note does Vernon leave for Clive?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)