|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who despises Julian?
(b) Clive and Vernon.
(d) Clive, Vernon, and George.
2. What does Vernon hope that publishing the photos does?
(a) Make Clive an infamous composer.
(b) Ruin Julian's wealth.
(c) Ruin Julian's political career.
(d) Ruin George's wealth.
3. What is Julian's last name?
4. How does Vernon deny Julian a place of importance?
(a) He avoids articles about him being on the front page.
(b) He doesn't accept photos from George.
(c) He refuses to post any article about Julian in The Judge.
(d) He is hesitant to publish photos of Julian.
5. Where is George's mansion located?
(a) Nextdoor to Clive's home.
(c) Lake District.
(d) Holland Park.
6. What does Vernon receive in Chapter Two at work?
(a) A note from his boss that reprimands his former articles about Julian.
(b) A note from Clive about euthanasia.
(c) An injunction prohibiting him from publishing any likeness of George.
(d) An injunction prohibiting him from publishing any likeness of Julian.
7. What kind of marriage does Molly and her husband have?
(c) Devoid of any emotion.
8. After Molly's funeral, how does Clive feel?
9. What political affiliation do the characters have?
(a) Clive and Vernon are conservative; Julian is liberal.
(b) Clive and Vernon are liberal; Julian is conservative.
(c) Clive is liberal; Vernon and Julian are conservative.
(d) Clive is conservative; Vernon and Julian are liberal.
10. Who is most motivated to post the photos in The Judge?
11. What effect might the photos have on The Judge, in Vernon's perspective?
(a) Make the paper well-respected.
(b) Make the paper more interesting.
(c) Decrease circulation.
(d) Boost circulation.
12. In which order does Vernon receive calls while he is at work in Chapter Two?
(a) Clive, George.
(b) George, Clive.
(c) Clive, Julian, George.
(d) George, Julian, Clive.
13. How many photos does George give to Vernon?
14. What is Clive's last name?
15. Why does George give Vernon the photos?
(a) He doesn't think Julian is a good politician.
(b) He wants to extract revenge on Julian.
(c) He wants to help George boost circulation for The Judge.
(d) He thinks it leads to George and Clive's deteriorating friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Judge's current standing in Chapter Two?
2. What type of story is featured in The Judge the day of Vernon's first meeting in the novel?
3. How long does Clive stay up working after Molly's funeral?
4. What is Clive been commissioned to write?
5. What kind of person is Molly?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)