|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of reputation does Julian have?
(b) Performing for the media.
(d) Squeaky clean.
2. What type of personality is George known to have?
(a) Greedy and managerial.
(b) Pleasant and joyful.
(c) Depressed and quiet.
(d) Conniving and jealous.
3. Why does George take care of Molly in her final days?
(a) To make sure nobody steals anything from her.
(b) To make sure she has everything she needs.
(c) He loves her too much to leave her side.
(d) To control who has access to her.
4. What agreement do Vernon and Clive have?
(a) To euthanize each other if the other is terminally ill.
(b) To make Julian's life as bad as possible.
(c) To visit Amsterdam together for a symphony.
(d) To continue being friends despite their differences.
5. While Vernon is in a meeting at the beginning of Chapter Two who calls urgently?
6. What does Clive do after Molly's funeral?
(a) Writes his last will and testament.
(b) Calls Vernon to discuss euthanasia.
(c) Goes for a hike.
(d) Composes several major parts of a symphony.
7. Why is Molly's death undignified?
(a) She asks to be euthanized but George doesn't do it.
(b) She is denied medical care.
(c) George deprives her of necessities.
(d) She receives no visits from the people she loves.
8. What is Vernon's reaction to Clive's proposal?
(a) He absolutely disagrees.
(b) He agrees to do it.
(c) He says he has to think about it.
(d) He is shocked and appalled at the concept.
9. What is Julian's occupation?
(a) Restaurant owner.
(d) Unemployed artist.
10. Where is George's mansion located?
(a) Nextdoor to Clive's home.
(b) Lake District.
(c) Holland Park.
11. What is Julian's last name?
12. How are Clive and Vernon connected to George?
(a) They are co-workers.
(b) They are his friends.
(c) They all meet at Molly's funeral.
(d) They are his wife's former lovers.
13. Where does The Judge often feature articles about Julian?
(a) On the front page.
(b) Only in the political section.
(c) In a separate newspaper.
(d) On the last page.
14. What is foreshadowed in the first chapter?
(a) Julian tarnishes his political reputation.
(b) Clive fails at accomplishing his goal.
(c) Revenge is an important theme.
(d) Molly's lovers all come together for a common goal.
15. How quickly does Molly's health deteriorate?
(a) Very rapidly and unexpectedly.
(b) Over the course of ten years.
(c) She dies in a sudden accident.
(d) Over the course of a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Molly die?
2. Who are the photos copyrighted to?
3. What is George's first name?
4. How long does Clive stay up working after Molly's funeral?
5. What kind of relationship do Clive and Vernon have initially?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)