|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vernon claim he can't meet with Clive in Chapter Two?
(a) He is going hiking.
(b) He is too busy.
(c) He goes see George.
(d) He convinces his staff to publish his new information.
2. What is the main purpose of the first chapter?
(a) To show that all the men have a tight bond.
(b) To introduce symbols.
(c) To show the impact Molly's life has on others.
(d) To introduce the characters.
3. How does George feel Molly's lovers?
(a) He doesn't know about them.
(b) He encourages Molly to have lovers.
(c) He has no emotions toward them whatsoever.
(d) He despises them.
4. In what ways does Vernon hope to ruin Julian's life?
(a) Personally and professionally.
(b) Romantically and professionally.
5. What type of personality is George known to have?
(a) Greedy and managerial.
(b) Pleasant and joyful.
(c) Depressed and quiet.
(d) Conniving and jealous.
6. What political affiliation do the characters have?
(a) Clive and Vernon are liberal; Julian is conservative.
(b) Clive and Vernon are conservative; Julian is liberal.
(c) Clive is liberal; Vernon and Julian are conservative.
(d) Clive is conservative; Vernon and Julian are liberal.
7. What type of euthanasia laws are there in the Netherlands?
(a) None, so doctors are able to euthanize anybody for any reason.
(b) Euthanisia is not allowed.
8. How long does Clive stay up working after Molly's funeral?
(a) Early morning.
(b) Only a few hours.
(d) The next afternoon.
9. Where does The Judge often feature articles about Julian?
(a) In a separate newspaper.
(b) On the last page.
(c) Only in the political section.
(d) On the front page.
10. How many photos does George give to Vernon?
11. What relationship is George to Molly?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her lover.
12. What agreement do Vernon and Clive have?
(a) To make Julian's life as bad as possible.
(b) To visit Amsterdam together for a symphony.
(c) To continue being friends despite their differences.
(d) To euthanize each other if the other is terminally ill.
13. How quickly does Molly's health deteriorate?
(a) Over the course of a year.
(b) She dies in a sudden accident.
(c) Very rapidly and unexpectedly.
(d) Over the course of ten years.
14. How are Clive and Vernon connected to George?
(a) They are his friends.
(b) They are co-workers.
(c) They all meet at Molly's funeral.
(d) They are his wife's former lovers.
15. Why does George give Vernon the photos?
(a) He wants to help George boost circulation for The Judge.
(b) He thinks it leads to George and Clive's deteriorating friendship.
(c) He doesn't think Julian is a good politician.
(d) He wants to extract revenge on Julian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Molly's occupation?
2. Who do the photos belong to?
3. What is George's first name?
4. Where is euthanasia currently being abused?
5. Where does Vernon visit Clive in Chapter Two?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)