|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does George give Vernon the photos?
(a) He thinks it leads to George and Clive's deteriorating friendship.
(b) He wants to extract revenge on Julian.
(c) He doesn't think Julian is a good politician.
(d) He wants to help George boost circulation for The Judge.
2. What is Vernon's occupation?
(b) Restaurant critic.
(c) Newspaper editor.
3. What is Clive's occupation?
(b) Writer for a journal.
4. Where is euthanasia currently being abused?
(b) Lake District.
(c) Holland Park.
(d) The Netherlands.
5. Why is George vengeful toward the other men?
(a) They are trying to take the belongings Molly leaves.
(b) Molly leaves them more money in her will.
(c) They cause Molly's death.
(d) Molly loves her lovers more than she loves him.
6. Who is most motivated to post the photos in The Judge?
7. Why is Molly's death undignified?
(a) George deprives her of necessities.
(b) She asks to be euthanized but George doesn't do it.
(c) She is denied medical care.
(d) She receives no visits from the people she loves.
8. Where does Vernon visit Clive in Chapter Two?
(a) Clive's home.
(b) Vernon's home.
(c) The Judge office.
(d) George's home.
9. What is Vernon willing to use as a tool against Julian?
(a) The Judge.
(b) His friendship with Clive.
(d) His friendship with George.
10. In which order does Vernon receive calls while he is at work in Chapter Two?
(a) George, Clive.
(b) George, Julian, Clive.
(c) Clive, Julian, George.
(d) Clive, George.
11. How many photos does George give to Vernon?
12. What does Vernon receive in Chapter Two at work?
(a) A note from Clive about euthanasia.
(b) An injunction prohibiting him from publishing any likeness of Julian.
(c) A note from his boss that reprimands his former articles about Julian.
(d) An injunction prohibiting him from publishing any likeness of George.
13. How does Vernon deny Julian a place of importance?
(a) He is hesitant to publish photos of Julian.
(b) He refuses to post any article about Julian in The Judge.
(c) He avoids articles about him being on the front page.
(d) He doesn't accept photos from George.
14. What is Vernon's reaction to Clive's proposal?
(a) He says he has to think about it.
(b) He absolutely disagrees.
(c) He is shocked and appalled at the concept.
(d) He agrees to do it.
15. What type of note does Vernon leave for Clive?
(a) A note that says he publishes the photos he finds.
(b) A note that says he is willing to euthanize Clive and hopes he does the same for Vernon.
(c) A note where he details the events of the day.
(d) A note that says he euthanizes Julian when they go on a trip together.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what ways does Vernon hope to ruin Julian's life?
2. How does Molly die?
3. What is foreshadowed in the first chapter?
4. What does Clive want to accomplish in finishing his project?
5. What does Clive do after Molly's funeral?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)