|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does The Judge often feature articles about Julian?
(a) On the front page.
(b) Only in the political section.
(c) In a separate newspaper.
(d) On the last page.
2. Where does Clive want to go for inspiration?
(a) Lake District.
(b) The office where The Judge is written.
(d) Holland Park.
3. What is The Judge's current standing in Chapter Two?
(a) Circulation is consistent all year.
(b) It is not a respected newspaper.
(c) Circulation decreases.
(d) Circulation increases.
4. Who are the photos copyrighted to?
5. Why does George give Vernon the photos?
(a) He wants to extract revenge on Julian.
(b) He doesn't think Julian is a good politician.
(c) He wants to help George boost circulation for The Judge.
(d) He thinks it leads to George and Clive's deteriorating friendship.
6. What type of story is featured in The Judge the day of Vernon's first meeting in the novel?
(a) Medical scandal regarding euthanasia.
(b) Molly's obituary.
(c) Animal abuse.
(d) Julian's latest scandal.
7. What is Julian's last name?
8. What relationship is George to Molly?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her brother.
9. What effect might the photos have on The Judge, in Vernon's perspective?
(a) Make the paper more interesting.
(b) Make the paper well-respected.
(c) Decrease circulation.
(d) Boost circulation.
10. What kind of relationship do Clive and Vernon have initially?
(b) Close friends.
(c) They have no relationship until the funeral.
(d) Friends with George.
11. How does George feel Molly's lovers?
(a) He despises them.
(b) He encourages Molly to have lovers.
(c) He doesn't know about them.
(d) He has no emotions toward them whatsoever.
12. Why is Molly's death undignified?
(a) She receives no visits from the people she loves.
(b) She is denied medical care.
(c) George deprives her of necessities.
(d) She asks to be euthanized but George doesn't do it.
13. What is the main purpose of the first chapter?
(a) To show that all the men have a tight bond.
(b) To show the impact Molly's life has on others.
(c) To introduce the characters.
(d) To introduce symbols.
14. After Molly's funeral, how does Clive feel?
15. How does George get the photos?
(a) Julian's wife gives them to him.
(b) He takes them himself.
(c) It is Molly's, and becomes his when she dies.
(d) He has access to Julian's home for a short time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of weather is present at Molly's funeral?
2. Where does Vernon go after he visits George's mansion?
3. What does Clive want to accomplish in finishing his project?
4. What benefit does Vernon see to hurting Julian's political career?
5. What type of euthanasia laws are there in the Netherlands?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)