|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Julian disliked by other characters?
(a) His arrogance.
(b) His hatred for Molly.
(c) His lack of ethics.
(d) His political views.
2. How long does Clive stay up working after Molly's funeral?
(b) The next afternoon.
(c) Early morning.
(d) Only a few hours.
3. Which character is the focus of Chapter Two?
4. Who does The Judge often criticize?
5. What is Clive been commissioned to write?
(a) An article about euthanasia.
(b) A symphony.
(c) A review of Julian's restaurant.
(d) An article about Julian's political values.
6. What does Vernon receive in Chapter Two at work?
(a) A note from Clive about euthanasia.
(b) A note from his boss that reprimands his former articles about Julian.
(c) An injunction prohibiting him from publishing any likeness of Julian.
(d) An injunction prohibiting him from publishing any likeness of George.
7. Why is George vengeful toward the other men?
(a) They cause Molly's death.
(b) Molly loves her lovers more than she loves him.
(c) Molly leaves them more money in her will.
(d) They are trying to take the belongings Molly leaves.
8. Why does George give Vernon the photos?
(a) He thinks it leads to George and Clive's deteriorating friendship.
(b) He wants to help George boost circulation for The Judge.
(c) He doesn't think Julian is a good politician.
(d) He wants to extract revenge on Julian.
9. What is Vernon willing to use as a tool against Julian?
(a) His friendship with Clive.
(c) The Judge.
(d) His friendship with George.
10. What type of note does Vernon leave for Clive?
(a) A note where he details the events of the day.
(b) A note that says he is willing to euthanize Clive and hopes he does the same for Vernon.
(c) A note that says he publishes the photos he finds.
(d) A note that says he euthanizes Julian when they go on a trip together.
11. Where is euthanasia currently being abused?
(a) Holland Park.
(b) The Netherlands.
(d) Lake District.
12. Why does George take care of Molly in her final days?
(a) He loves her too much to leave her side.
(b) To control who has access to her.
(c) To make sure she has everything she needs.
(d) To make sure nobody steals anything from her.
13. What is Vernon's occupation?
(a) Restaurant critic.
(c) Newspaper editor.
14. What does Vernon's urgent caller promise?
(a) Information directly related to Julian.
(b) Information about Molly's death.
(c) Photos that Molly takes.
(d) Information leading to an interesting article.
15. When does Clive want to be euthanized?
(a) When he is too old to drive.
(b) If he's terminally ill or incapacitated.
(c) When he becomes too old to take care of himself.
(d) If he fails to complete his goals in composition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Molly's occupation?
2. Who despises Julian?
3. What does Clive ask Vernon to do?
4. In what ways does Vernon hope to ruin Julian's life?
5. What type of weather is present at Molly's funeral?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)