|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Clive stay up working after Molly's funeral?
(a) Early morning.
(c) The next afternoon.
(d) Only a few hours.
2. Who does The Judge often criticize?
3. In what ways does Vernon hope to ruin Julian's life?
(a) Romantically and professionally.
(b) Personally and professionally.
4. How does Molly die?
(a) A car accident.
(b) Breast cancer.
(d) A terminal disease.
5. Who is most motivated to post the photos in The Judge?
6. What political affiliation do the characters have?
(a) Clive is conservative; Vernon and Julian are liberal.
(b) Clive and Vernon are conservative; Julian is liberal.
(c) Clive and Vernon are liberal; Julian is conservative.
(d) Clive is liberal; Vernon and Julian are conservative.
7. When does Clive want to be euthanized?
(a) When he is too old to drive.
(b) If he fails to complete his goals in composition.
(c) If he's terminally ill or incapacitated.
(d) When he becomes too old to take care of himself.
8. Which character is the focus of Chapter Two?
9. Where is euthanasia currently being abused?
(a) The Netherlands.
(b) Lake District.
(c) Holland Park.
10. What type of personality is George known to have?
(a) Greedy and managerial.
(b) Conniving and jealous.
(c) Depressed and quiet.
(d) Pleasant and joyful.
11. Who despises Julian?
(a) Clive, Vernon, and George.
(d) Clive and Vernon.
12. What does Clive want to accomplish in finishing his project?
(a) A secured place in musical history.
(b) A literary award.
(c) A spot on the Bestsellers list.
(d) Revenge on Julian.
13. What does Vernon hope that publishing the photos does?
(a) Ruin Julian's wealth.
(b) Ruin George's wealth.
(c) Ruin Julian's political career.
(d) Make Clive an infamous composer.
14. What is Vernon's occupation?
(b) Newspaper editor.
(d) Restaurant critic.
15. How are Clive and Vernon connected to George?
(a) They are co-workers.
(b) They are his friends.
(c) They are his wife's former lovers.
(d) They all meet at Molly's funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What benefit does Vernon see to hurting Julian's political career?
2. What is Vernon's reaction to Clive's proposal?
3. How does George get the photos?
4. What type of weather is present at Molly's funeral?
5. What is the main purpose of the first chapter?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)