|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in the photos that George gives to Vernon?
2. In what month is Molly's funeral?
3. Who does The Judge often criticize?
4. What is Clive been commissioned to write?
(a) An article about euthanasia.
(b) An article about Julian's political values.
(c) A review of Julian's restaurant.
(d) A symphony.
5. What benefit does Vernon see to hurting Julian's political career?
(a) It satisfies George and keeps him from extracting revenge on Vernon.
(b) It is beneficial to keeping peace between he and Clive.
(c) It prevents political and social disaster.
(d) It keeps him from having affairs with other women.
6. Why is Julian disliked by other characters?
(a) His political views.
(b) His arrogance.
(c) His lack of ethics.
(d) His hatred for Molly.
7. How many photos does George give to Vernon?
8. What political affiliation do the characters have?
(a) Clive and Vernon are liberal; Julian is conservative.
(b) Clive is conservative; Vernon and Julian are liberal.
(c) Clive and Vernon are conservative; Julian is liberal.
(d) Clive is liberal; Vernon and Julian are conservative.
9. What effect might the photos have on The Judge, in Vernon's perspective?
(a) Make the paper well-respected.
(b) Make the paper more interesting.
(c) Decrease circulation.
(d) Boost circulation.
10. Which character is the focus of Chapter Two?
11. In what ways does Vernon hope to ruin Julian's life?
(b) Romantically and professionally.
(c) Personally and professionally.
12. What is foreshadowed in the first chapter?
(a) Molly's lovers all come together for a common goal.
(b) Julian tarnishes his political reputation.
(c) Clive fails at accomplishing his goal.
(d) Revenge is an important theme.
13. Why is Molly's death undignified?
(a) She is denied medical care.
(b) George deprives her of necessities.
(c) She asks to be euthanized but George doesn't do it.
(d) She receives no visits from the people she loves.
14. Where does Vernon go after he visits George's mansion?
(a) Vernon's office.
(b) Clive's studio.
(c) Julian's home.
(d) Molly's old office.
15. What type of note does Vernon leave for Clive?
(a) A note that says he euthanizes Julian when they go on a trip together.
(b) A note that says he is willing to euthanize Clive and hopes he does the same for Vernon.
(c) A note that says he publishes the photos he finds.
(d) A note where he details the events of the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Judge's current standing in Chapter Two?
2. What relationship is George to Molly?
3. How long does Clive stay up working after Molly's funeral?
4. What agreement do Vernon and Clive have?
5. How does George feel Molly's lovers?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)