|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Vernon go after he visits George's mansion?
(a) Molly's old office.
(b) Clive's studio.
(c) Vernon's office.
(d) Julian's home.
2. Why does George give Vernon the photos?
(a) He wants to extract revenge on Julian.
(b) He thinks it leads to George and Clive's deteriorating friendship.
(c) He doesn't think Julian is a good politician.
(d) He wants to help George boost circulation for The Judge.
3. What is Clive been commissioned to write?
(a) An article about Julian's political values.
(b) A symphony.
(c) An article about euthanasia.
(d) A review of Julian's restaurant.
4. Why is Julian disliked by other characters?
(a) His arrogance.
(b) His lack of ethics.
(c) His hatred for Molly.
(d) His political views.
5. How does George feel Molly's lovers?
(a) He doesn't know about them.
(b) He encourages Molly to have lovers.
(c) He has no emotions toward them whatsoever.
(d) He despises them.
6. When does Clive want to be euthanized?
(a) When he becomes too old to take care of himself.
(b) When he is too old to drive.
(c) If he's terminally ill or incapacitated.
(d) If he fails to complete his goals in composition.
7. What is Clive's last name?
8. What is Vernon's reaction to Clive's proposal?
(a) He is shocked and appalled at the concept.
(b) He says he has to think about it.
(c) He absolutely disagrees.
(d) He agrees to do it.
9. What is Julian's occupation?
(c) Restaurant owner.
(d) Unemployed artist.
10. How quickly does Molly's health deteriorate?
(a) She dies in a sudden accident.
(b) Over the course of a year.
(c) Very rapidly and unexpectedly.
(d) Over the course of ten years.
11. What is Julian's last name?
12. Who is most motivated to post the photos in The Judge?
13. Who despises Julian?
(c) Clive and Vernon.
(d) Clive, Vernon, and George.
14. What is Clive's occupation?
(b) Writer for a journal.
15. In which order does Vernon receive calls while he is at work in Chapter Two?
(a) Clive, George.
(b) Clive, Julian, George.
(c) George, Julian, Clive.
(d) George, Clive.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Molly's funeral, how does Clive feel?
2. What does Clive do after Molly's funeral?
3. What type of note does Vernon leave for Clive?
4. Where does The Judge often feature articles about Julian?
5. What type of personality is George known to have?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)