|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Clive's last name?
2. What does Clive choose to do when he sees the argument?
(a) He goes over to stop them but gets caught in the middle of it.
(b) He ignores it and keeps working.
(c) He runs away because he is scared.
(d) He calls the police.
3. Why does Vernon call Clive in Chapter Four?
(a) To tell him he's publishing the photos.
(b) To continue the argument.
(c) To tell him to call the police.
(d) To reconcile.
4. Who replaces Vernon at The Judge?
(a) The junior editor.
(b) A senior reporter.
(c) Somebody Vernon never hears of before.
(d) The foreign duty editor.
5. What does Vernon want Clive to do?
(a) Support him publishing the photos.
(b) Confess to a crime.
(c) Find the Lakeland rapist.
(d) Contact the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Clive make an appearance after he travels?
2. Why is Vernon angry at his staff?
3. What happens to Vernon's job at The Judge?
4. What type of story is featured in The Judge the day of Vernon's first meeting in the novel?
5. What roles does Clive believe that Vernon plays?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)