|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vernon claim he can't meet with Clive in Chapter Two?
(a) He is going hiking.
(b) He goes see George.
(c) He is too busy.
(d) He convinces his staff to publish his new information.
2. Where are the pictures of Julian taken?
(c) The office of The Judge.
3. What is Vernon's initial response to Clive's confession?
(a) He wants to meet in person to discuss it.
(b) He is only half-listening.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is elated.
4. When Vernon realizes that Clive witnesses the attack, what does he do?
(a) Does nothing.
(b) Calls the police.
(c) Calls Clive.
(d) Goes to Clive's house.
5. What is Julian's wife's reaction to his sexuality?
(a) She makes him resign.
(b) She is supportive.
(c) She makes him go to therapy.
(d) She is appalled.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Clive and Vernon have an argument?
2. When does Clive want to be euthanized?
3. How does Clive feel about his work in Chapter Five?
4. Which character is the focal point of Chapter Four?
5. What other story runs in the newspaper with the photos of Julian?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)