|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Clive want to tell the police what he sees?
(a) It interferes with his work.
(b) He believes he witnesses nothing.
(c) He is afraid he is accused of the crime.
(d) He is afraid he is attacked.
2. How quickly does Molly's health deteriorate?
(a) Over the course of ten years.
(b) She dies in a sudden accident.
(c) Very rapidly and unexpectedly.
(d) Over the course of a year.
3. What is foreshadowed in the first chapter?
(a) Revenge is an important theme.
(b) Molly's lovers all come together for a common goal.
(c) Julian tarnishes his political reputation.
(d) Clive fails at accomplishing his goal.
4. In Chapter Three, who does Clive get an urgent call from?
(d) A musician.
5. How many photos does George give to Vernon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing that makes Clive feel better?
2. What does Clive mix the deadly substance in before it is given to Vernon?
3. Why does Vernon claim he can't meet with Clive in Chapter Two?
4. What do both Clive and Vernon fail to see?
5. Who does The Judge often criticize?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)