|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vernon's reaction to Clive's proposal?
(a) He is shocked and appalled at the concept.
(b) He absolutely disagrees.
(c) He says he has to think about it.
(d) He agrees to do it.
2. What effect might the photos have on The Judge, in Vernon's perspective?
(a) Make the paper more interesting.
(b) Boost circulation.
(c) Make the paper well-respected.
(d) Decrease circulation.
3. Why is Clive going to hike later than he originally wants?
(a) The train is delayed.
(b) He meets with George.
(c) He gets into a car accident.
(d) He meets with Vernon.
4. What is Vernon's complaint to Clive?
(a) Julian knows Vernon has pictures of him.
(b) Vernon's staff is against him.
(c) Julian threatens Vernon.
(d) A co-worker is giving Vernon a hard time.
5. What does Clive think about on his way to Penrith?
(a) Getting revenge on Julian.
(b) His relationship with Vernon.
(c) The symphony he is working on.
(d) His affair with Molly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Clive want to tell the police what he sees?
2. Which character is the focal point of Chapter Four?
3. Where does Clive want to go for inspiration?
4. Where does The Judge often feature articles about Julian?
5. What type of story is featured in The Judge the day of Vernon's first meeting in the novel?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)