|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does George want revenge on Julian?
(a) He despises all of Molly's lovers, including Julian.
(b) He is mad that Julian is mentioned in Molly's will.
(c) He is interested in Julian's wife.
(d) He dislikes his political views.
2. Who does Julian's wife publicly denounce?
3. What is the first setting in Chapter Two?
(a) Vernon's home.
(b) Clive's home.
(c) George's mansion.
(d) The office where The Judge is written.
4. What does Julian's outing do for his career?
(a) Destroyed it.
(b) Consolidated it.
(c) Encouraged him to become more liberal.
(d) Turned him into a celebrity.
5. What benefit does Vernon see to hurting Julian's political career?
(a) It satisfies George and keeps him from extracting revenge on Vernon.
(b) It keeps him from having affairs with other women.
(c) It is beneficial to keeping peace between he and Clive.
(d) It prevents political and social disaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Vernon's job at The Judge?
2. Which characters physically appear in Chapter Three?
3. What agreement do Vernon and Clive have?
4. What does Vernon show Clive when they see each other?
5. Why is Clive going to hike later than he originally wants?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)