|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first cause of the deteriorating relationship between Clive and Vernon?
(a) Disagreeing about Molly.
(b) Disagreeing on publishing photos of Julian.
(c) Disagreeing about where Clive goes to work.
(d) Disagreeing about Clive's actions when he sees the argument.
2. What is Vernon willing to use as a tool against Julian?
(a) The Judge.
(b) His friendship with Clive.
(c) His friendship with George.
3. What is Frank's last name?
4. Where is George's mansion located?
(a) Holland Park.
(b) Lake District.
(c) Nextdoor to Clive's home.
5. What is Vernon afraid of?
(a) That Molly leaves nothing for him in her will.
(b) That Julian has a successful bid to become prime minister.
(c) That George is out for revenge on Vernon and Clive as well as Julian.
(d) That is staff is conspiring against him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship do Clive and Vernon have initially?
2. What does Vernon show Clive when they see each other?
3. What type of story is featured in The Judge the day of Vernon's first meeting in the novel?
4. What type of weather is present at Molly's funeral?
5. When Vernon meets with his newspaper staff for the first time in Chapter Four, what happens?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)