|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clive want to accomplish in finishing his project?
(a) A literary award.
(b) Revenge on Julian.
(c) A secured place in musical history.
(d) A spot on the Bestsellers list.
2. In which order does Vernon receive calls while he is at work in Chapter Two?
(a) George, Julian, Clive.
(b) Clive, George.
(c) George, Clive.
(d) Clive, Julian, George.
3. Why is Julian disliked by other characters?
(a) His arrogance.
(b) His hatred for Molly.
(c) His lack of ethics.
(d) His political views.
4. What benefit does Vernon see to hurting Julian's political career?
(a) It keeps him from having affairs with other women.
(b) It is beneficial to keeping peace between he and Clive.
(c) It satisfies George and keeps him from extracting revenge on Vernon.
(d) It prevents political and social disaster.
5. What is the main purpose of the first chapter?
(a) To show the impact Molly's life has on others.
(b) To introduce symbols.
(c) To introduce the characters.
(d) To show that all the men have a tight bond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is foreshadowed in the first chapter?
2. What does Clive ask Vernon to do?
3. What is Molly's occupation?
4. What is Vernon's reaction to Clive's proposal?
5. What kind of marriage does Molly and her husband have?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)