|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vernon's reaction to Clive's proposal?
(a) He says he has to think about it.
(b) He absolutely disagrees.
(c) He agrees to do it.
(d) He is shocked and appalled at the concept.
2. What is Julian's last name?
3. Who do the photos belong to?
4. What effect might the photos have on The Judge, in Vernon's perspective?
(a) Make the paper well-respected.
(b) Decrease circulation.
(c) Boost circulation.
(d) Make the paper more interesting.
5. Why does George give Vernon the photos?
(a) He thinks it leads to George and Clive's deteriorating friendship.
(b) He wants to help George boost circulation for The Judge.
(c) He wants to extract revenge on Julian.
(d) He doesn't think Julian is a good politician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the photos copyrighted to?
2. While Vernon is in a meeting at the beginning of Chapter Two who calls urgently?
3. What is the main purpose of the first chapter?
4. Which character is the focus of Chapter Two?
5. What type of story is featured in The Judge the day of Vernon's first meeting in the novel?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)