|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the photos of Julian displayed in The Judge?
(a) The celebrity news section.
(b) The front page.
(c) The politics section.
(d) The last page.
2. Why is Vernon angry at his staff?
(a) They want to replace him with Frank.
(b) They want to demote him.
(c) They are reluctant to post the pictures of Julian.
(d) They want to post a positive article about Julian on the cover.
3. What does Vernon hope that publishing the photos does?
(a) Ruin Julian's wealth.
(b) Make Clive an infamous composer.
(c) Ruin George's wealth.
(d) Ruin Julian's political career.
4. In Clive's opinion, what does Vernon lack?
(a) Writing skills.
(b) Moral principle.
(c) A friendly personality.
5. What is Julian's wife's reaction to his sexuality?
(a) She is supportive.
(b) She is appalled.
(c) She makes him resign.
(d) She makes him go to therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vernon's complaint to Clive?
2. What does Clive choose to do when he sees the argument?
3. What is the first cause of the deteriorating relationship between Clive and Vernon?
4. What is Vernon afraid of?
5. What type of story is featured in The Judge the day of Vernon's first meeting in the novel?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)