|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Luke wear to dinner nightly when he lived with the family after leaving his parents' farm?
(a) A soccer uniform.
(c) A tuxedo.
2. Oscar Wydell is trying to locate the location of what in Chapter 25?
(a) Animal storage.
(c) War charts.
(d) Food storage.
3. When Luke gets to the gate, he tells the girl newscaster that he has the freedom not to ___________, in Chapter 20?
4. What refers to an extended period of months or years when a region notes a deficiency in its water supply whether surface or underground water?
5. What refers to a political system where the state recognizes no limits to its authority and strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life wherever feasible?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item given to Luke by Eli does he use for comfort throughout the novel?
2. Who is interviewing the man that steps forward to take responsibility for overthrowing the Population Police in Chapter 23?
3. Who destroyed the old identity cards leading to the overthrow of the government in the novel?
4. In Chapter 30, Luke returns where feeling defeated?
5. What term refers to the main character of a literary, theatrical, cinematic, or musical narrative?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Luke do in the horse stables in Chapter 21? What interaction does he have with Jenny?
2. How is the dichotomy of Oscar illustrated in Chapter 25? What is foreshadowed in the chapter?
3. How is the scene of departure in Don's truck described in Chapter 19?
4. How does the protagonist recall the Grant family in Chapter 24? Where is Luke located?
5. How is the public being lied to by the new leaders, as illustrated in Chapter 27?
6. What is Luke's mindset when he returns to the stables in Chapter 30? Why?
7. How does the author describe the scene at the Population Police Headquarters in Chapter 20?
8. Who comes to join Luke in tearing down the signs in Chapter 33? What signs of hope does Luke point out?
9. What does Luke initially do in order to try to sway the public in Chapter 29? Why?
10. Why does Luke struggle with his identity in Chapter 20?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)