|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 27, Luke sits where watching the newscaster on stage interviewing people?
(a) His mother's house.
(b) The church steps.
(c) The stables.
(d) The dining room.
2. When was Margaret Peterson Haddix born?
3. Who is interviewing the man that steps forward to take responsibility for overthrowing the Population Police in Chapter 23?
(a) Oscar Wydell.
(b) Philip Twinings.
(c) Ricky Everts.
(d) Aldous Krakenaur.
4. In Chapter 25, Luke crawls to hide behind what as someone enters the secret room?
(a) A desk.
(b) A computer.
(c) The signs.
(d) A radiator.
5. In Chapter 25, Luke crawls to hide as who enters the room?
(a) Aldous Krakenaur.
(b) Philip Twinings.
(c) Oscar Wydell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many novels comprise the Shadow Children series?
2. In Chapter 28, Luke heads to the dining room to get something to eat when he sees what hanging from the stage?
3. In Chapter 26, to remain unseen, Luke escapes how?
4. In Chapter 33, Luke points out how many different tables that have sprung up on the lawn of the old Population Police Headquarters?
5. What refers to a widespread scarcity of food, caused by several factors including crop failure, overpopulation, or government policies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Luke recognize on the stage giving testimony in Chapter 27?
2. What does Luke discover about the relationship between Aldous and Oscar in Chapter 26?
3. What internal struggle does the protagonist face in Chapter 23? How does he feel about the changing government?
4. What risks does Luke take in his actions in the climax of the narrative in Chapter 31? Why?
5. How are Oscar and the boy from Chiutza similar? How is this illustrated in Chapter 29?
6. What symbolism does the author employ in Chapter 32? What fears does Luke face?
7. How is the dichotomy of Oscar illustrated in Chapter 25? What is foreshadowed in the chapter?
8. What is Luke's mindset when he returns to the stables in Chapter 30? Why?
9. How does the protagonist recall the Grant family in Chapter 24? Where is Luke located?
10. Who does Luke recognize being interviewed on the news in Chapter 23? Where does he know this person from?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)