|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 22, Luke changes into a long sleeve shirt that who left behind?
(a) The Population Police.
(d) Philip Twinings.
2. Who was a popular newscaster before the Population Police came into power but was exiled?
(a) Mr. Talbot.
(b) Oscar Wydell.
(c) Philip Twinings.
(d) Aldous Krakenaur.
3. What term refers to a set of conditions, most often of a political nature?
4. When a handicapped boy tells his story to the interviewer in Chapter 27, Luke recognizes him as the stable hand that asked the Population Police for what?
(a) A disabled gun.
(b) A bigger shovel.
(c) A bigger suitcase.
(d) A loaded gun.
5. What objects are in the secret room of the Population Police Headquarters with themes speaking against third children?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Luke tries to make his way to the stage to talk to the boy as he is descending, Luke notices there are what surrounding the stage in Chapter 27?
2. In Chapter 28, Luke heads to the dining room to get something to eat when he sees what hanging from the stage?
3. In Chapter 27, Luke sits where watching the newscaster on stage interviewing people?
4. How long have the people been speaking for the Population Police and against third children in Chapter 31?
5. When Luke goes to tend to the horses, he sees that none of them have been fed since the Population Police deserted the area how long ago in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Luke initially do in order to try to sway the public in Chapter 29? Why?
2. How are Oscar and the boy from Chiutza similar? How is this illustrated in Chapter 29?
3. What new viewpoints arise in the interviews on the stage at the Population Police Headquarters in Chapter 28?
4. What is symbolized by the change in the weather in Chapter 22?
5. Who cries out from the crowd to defend Luke in Chapter 32? What does she suggest?
6. What do the horse stables represent to Luke? How is this explored in Chapter 21?
7. What moral message does Luke realize in the denouement of the narrative in Chapter 33?
8. What risks does Luke take in his actions in the climax of the narrative in Chapter 31? Why?
9. What does Luke discover about the relationship between Aldous and Oscar in Chapter 26?
10. What does Luke attempt to convince himself in Chapter 26? What lends doubt to this thought?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)