|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, Luke and the village people eat in celebration of what?
(a) Living another day.
(b) The death of Officer Houk.
(c) Eli's birthday.
(d) Their independence.
2. What is the name of the boy who meets Luke in Chapter 18 and goes with him to the Population Police Headquarters?
(a) Ricky Everts.
(b) James Everts.
(c) Don Everts.
(d) Mark Everts.
3. How does Luke escape from the Population Police in the abandoned house in Chapter 13?
(a) Through a hole.
(b) From the roof.
(c) Through the front door.
(d) Through the back door.
4. Whose voice does Luke hear calling to him to get up and do something in Chapter 11?
(a) Officer Houk's.
(c) Aldous Krakenaur's.
5. What is the name of Eli's daughter in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Luke can hear dozens of gun shots, indicating to him that what has happened?
2. After finding shelter in Chapter 10, Luke vows to find what the following day?
3. The boy who Luke speaks to in Chapter 8 tells him he is on the side of the people who do what?
4. According to the villagers in Chapter 15, the Population Police made them move because the village was too far from what?
5. How many children are the people allowed to have under the laws of the Population Police in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luke perceive Eli and the other villagers in Chapter 16? How does his perception change in the chapter?
2. What happens when the old woman is brought before the crowd in Chapter 4? What does Officer Houk do?
3. Whose memory drives the protagonist toward his goals in the narrative? How does this character propel Luke in Chapter 6?
4. What do the villagers who saved Luke tell him about their past with the Population Police in Chapter 15?
5. What internal conflicts plague the protagonist after his escape in Chapter 10?
6. How does Luke help the boy he meets in the village in Chapter 9?
7. What does Luke perceive about the villagers who help him in Chapter 14? What is their objective?
8. Why do the villagers support Luke and his plight? What changed their minds about the government in Chapter 15?
9. What conflicts does Luke face with the boy he meets in Chapter 7? What is Luke's objective?
10. What does the boy in Chapter 8 tell Luke happened after he escaped from Officer Houk?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)