|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose voice does Luke hear calling to him to get up and do something in Chapter 11?
(b) Aldous Krakenaur's.
(c) Officer Houk's.
2. What occurs when a character is in disagreement with him or herself?
(a) Impulsive conflict.
(b) Inner conflict.
(c) Relational conflict.
(d) External conflict.
3. What are incompatibilities in how two or more individuals relate to one another?
(a) Relational conflicts.
(b) Inner conflicts.
(c) External conflicts.
(d) Impulsive conflicts.
4. In Chapter 15, the villagers say the ruins Luke ran from were what?
(a) An old church.
(b) Their old homes.
(c) The governor's mansion.
(d) The original headquarters of the Population Police.
5. In Chapter 8, the boy explains to Luke that when he came around the corner to get a new street assignment from Officer Hook, he saw who holding a gun?
(b) Officer Houk.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, the boy who encounters Luke gives him what?
2. In Chapter 14, the people of the village stand in a line of solidarity against whom?
3. How old is Luke in the beginning of the novel?
4. In Chapter 12, when a man yells that he is on official Population Police business, what happens?
5. In Chapter 1, Luke and the other boys are undergoing their daily inspection of their uniforms and hygiene at what time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Luke decide to go to the Population Police Headquarters in Chapter 18? Who accompanies him?
2. How does Luke help the boy he meets in the village in Chapter 9?
3. How does Luke perceive Eli and the other villagers in Chapter 16? How does his perception change in the chapter?
4. What exchange does Luke overhear while hiding in Chapter 12?
5. What do the villagers who saved Luke tell him about their past with the Population Police in Chapter 15?
6. What is foreshadowed in the protagonist's escape in Chapter 5?
7. What internal struggle does the protagonist face regarding the change in power in Chapter 12?
8. How do the villagers effectively protect the protagonist in Chapter 14?
9. What does Luke dream about in Chapter 11? Where does he go the following morning?
10. What is established in the setting of the novel in Chapter 1? How is the government set up?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)