|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stands to protect Luke as he stands on stage in Chapter 32?
(a) Aileen Mootispaw.
(b) Aldous Krakenaur.
(c) Oscar Wydell.
(d) Philip Twinings.
2. What is the area at the Population Police Headquarters where the TV interviews take place over the few days that Luke is there?
(a) The stage.
(b) The press room.
(c) The shooting range.
(d) The theatre.
3. What is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position?
4. In Chapter 22, Luke goes into the kitchen to see if what friend is there?
5. What term was coined by the psychologist Erik Erikson as the failure to achieve ego identity during adolescence?
(d) Identity crisis.
6. In Chapter 28, a couple of people being interviewed declare it is the fault of whom that the people were starving?
(a) Third children.
(b) The church.
(c) The president.
(d) The stray animals.
7. Who brings Luke's attention to the unlatched door in Chapter 30?
8. In Chapter 22, Luke changes into a long sleeve shirt that who left behind?
(c) Philip Twinings.
(d) The Population Police.
9. At the beginning of a literary narrative, what is the author's providing of some background information to the audience about the plot, characters' histories, setting, and theme?
(d) Rising action.
10. When Luke replays the conversation between Aldous and Oscar in Chapter 26, Luke realizes that Aldous still has power over Oscar because Aldous knows what?
(a) Where the food is stored.
(b) Where the dictator is hiding.
(c) Where the I.D. cards are located.
(d) Where Luke is located.
11. What is a figure of speech that directly compares two different things, usually by employing the words "like" or "as"?
12. In Chapter 21, Luke moves through the crowd and away from all of the chaos where?
(a) Behind a rock.
(b) Into a garden.
(c) In a barn.
(d) Under a tree.
13. In Chapter 25, Luke crawls to hide behind what as someone enters the secret room?
(a) A desk.
(b) A computer.
(c) A radiator.
(d) The signs.
14. Where does Oscar Wydell say the heads of the Population Police are being held in Chapter 23?
(a) A secret location.
(b) At the bank.
(c) The Population Police headquarters.
(d) At the hospital.
15. What refers to an object, action, or idea that represents something other than itself?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Luke wear to dinner nightly when he lived with the family after leaving his parents' farm?
2. Oscar Wydell is trying to locate the location of what in Chapter 25?
3. When Luke reaches the stage in Chapter 31, he grabs the microphone and begins telling the crowd that this is one of whose horses?
4. When Luke arrives at the Population Police Headquarters, the girl newscaster is asking people to record their experiences with whom in Chapter 20?
5. When was Margaret Peterson Haddix born?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)