|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many novels comprise the Shadow Children series?
2. When Luke tries to make his way to the stage to talk to the boy as he is descending, Luke notices there are what surrounding the stage in Chapter 27?
3. In Chapter 27, Luke sits where watching the newscaster on stage interviewing people?
(a) The church steps.
(b) The stables.
(c) The dining room.
(d) His mother's house.
4. What refers to the state of having or showing a lack of experience, understanding or sophistication?
5. Luke declares publicly that he is what in Chapter 31?
(a) A third child.
(c) Against the new government.
(d) Selling the horse.
6. Who is the man that steps forward to take responsibility for overthrowing the Population Police in Chapter 23?
(a) Ricky Everts.
(b) Oscar Wydell.
(c) Aldous Krakenaur.
(d) Philip Twinings.
7. What term was coined by the psychologist Erik Erikson as the failure to achieve ego identity during adolescence?
(b) Identity crisis.
8. In Chapter 28, Luke heads to the dining room to get something to eat when he sees what hanging from the stage?
(a) His picture.
(b) The signs.
(d) A gun.
9. When Luke retraces his steps back to the secret room, a man blocking the way tells Luke that they found what in the area?
(a) Dangerous chemicals.
(b) Population Policemen.
(c) A dead body.
10. In Chapter 24, Luke remembers when he first came to the building that is Population Police Headquarters, it was the home of whom?
(a) The Grant family.
(b) The Barnes family.
(c) The Jones family.
(d) The Alberts family.
11. In Chapter 22, Luke makes his way to the building where the food is and just finds what on the counter?
12. Who cries out from the crowd that she made the quilt Luke dropped in Chapter 32?
(b) Aileen Mootispaw.
13. When Luke replays the conversation between Aldous and Oscar in Chapter 26, Luke realizes that Aldous still has power over Oscar because Aldous knows what?
(a) Where the dictator is hiding.
(b) Where Luke is located.
(c) Where the I.D. cards are located.
(d) Where the food is stored.
14. Two of the major events that led to the governmental overthrow were events Luke was involved in. What was the second?
(a) Killing Jen.
(b) Putting manure on the path.
(c) Luke's refusal to kill the old woman.
(d) Killing the dictator.
15. In Chapter 21, as Luke makes his way through the crowd in front of the Population Police Headquarters, he sees people doing what?
(a) Kicking dogs.
(d) Shooting one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was a popular newscaster before the Population Police came into power but was exiled?
2. What refers to an extended period of months or years when a region notes a deficiency in its water supply whether surface or underground water?
3. Where does Luke go to sleep in Chapter 28?
4. In Chapter 29, Luke realizes that Oscar will use whatever is to his benefit to do what?
5. What term refers to the main character of a literary, theatrical, cinematic, or musical narrative?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)