|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Luke arrives at the Population Police Headquarters, the girl newscaster is asking people to record their experiences with whom in Chapter 20?
(a) Officer Houk.
(b) Aldous Krakenaur.
(c) Philip Twinings.
(d) The Population Police.
2. What term refers to the main character of a literary, theatrical, cinematic, or musical narrative?
3. In Chapter 28, Luke heads to the dining room to get something to eat when he sees what hanging from the stage?
(a) His picture.
(c) A gun.
(d) The signs.
4. What refers to an object, action, or idea that represents something other than itself?
5. How many horses does Luke see to feed and tend in Chapter 21?
6. In Chapter 31, Luke points out that everything that happened is the Population Police's fault, not the fault of whom?
(a) Oscar Wydell.
(b) Third children.
(c) Philip Twinings.
(d) Ricky Everts.
7. In Chapter 31, Luke rides what horse to the stage?
8. What objects are in the secret room of the Population Police Headquarters with themes speaking against third children?
9. At the beginning of a literary narrative, what is the author's providing of some background information to the audience about the plot, characters' histories, setting, and theme?
(c) Rising action.
10. When Luke goes to tend to the horses, he sees that none of them have been fed since the Population Police deserted the area how long ago in Chapter 21?
(a) A week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A day.
(d) Three days.
11. When Luke attempts to get to the stage in Chapter 29, who prevents him?
12. When Luke replays the conversation between Aldous and Oscar in Chapter 26, Luke realizes that Aldous still has power over Oscar because Aldous knows what?
(a) Where the food is stored.
(b) Where the dictator is hiding.
(c) Where the I.D. cards are located.
(d) Where Luke is located.
13. In Chapter 26, to remain unseen, Luke escapes how?
(a) Through the chimney.
(b) Through the cellar.
(c) Through the window.
(d) Through the back door.
14. Who cries out from the crowd that she made the quilt Luke dropped in Chapter 32?
(d) Aileen Mootispaw.
15. How many novels comprise the Shadow Children series?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the area at the Population Police Headquarters where the TV interviews take place over the few days that Luke is there?
2. What friends show up to help Luke in Chapter 33?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 29, Luke flees to what location?
4. In Chapter 29, Luke realizes that Oscar will use whatever is to his benefit to do what?
5. When was Margaret Peterson Haddix born?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)