|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings Luke's attention to the unlatched door in Chapter 30?
2. Oscar Wydell is trying to locate the location of what in Chapter 25?
(a) Animal storage.
(c) Food storage.
(d) War charts.
3. What item given to Luke by Eli does he use for comfort throughout the novel?
(a) The quilt.
(b) The gun.
(c) The hat.
(d) The coat.
4. Two of the major events that led to the governmental overthrow were events Luke was involved in. What was the first?
(a) Putting manure on the path.
(b) Killing the old woman.
(c) Luke's refusal to kill the old woman.
(d) Killing the dictator.
5. What refers to a political system where the state recognizes no limits to its authority and strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life wherever feasible?
6. Who destroyed the old identity cards leading to the overthrow of the government in the novel?
7. In Chapter 28, Luke heads to the dining room to get something to eat when he sees what hanging from the stage?
(a) His picture.
(b) The signs.
(d) A gun.
8. In Chapter 26, to remain unseen, Luke escapes how?
(a) Through the cellar.
(b) Through the window.
(c) Through the back door.
(d) Through the chimney.
9. In Chapter 28, technically, with the Population Police out of control, third children are no longer what?
10. When was Margaret Peterson Haddix born?
11. In Chapter 30, Luke returns where feeling defeated?
(a) His mother's house.
(b) The cave.
(c) The stables.
(d) Eli's house.
12. What term refers to the main character of a literary, theatrical, cinematic, or musical narrative?
13. In Chapter 21, Luke moves through the crowd and away from all of the chaos where?
(a) Into a garden.
(b) Behind a rock.
(c) In a barn.
(d) Under a tree.
14. In Chapter 25, Luke hears someone escorting __________ into the room as he lies in hiding?
(a) Philip Twinings.
(b) Aldous Krakenaur.
(d) Oscar Wydell.
15. Who disappears as Luke gives his speech in Chapter 32?
(a) Aileen Mootispaw.
(b) Oscar Wydell.
(d) Philip Twinings.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, Luke sits where watching the newscaster on stage interviewing people?
2. What does Luke cover his face with as he rides a horse to the stage in Chapter 31?
3. What is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position?
4. What did Luke wear to dinner nightly when he lived with the family after leaving his parents' farm?
5. When Luke attempts to get to the stage in Chapter 29, who prevents him?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)