|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke learn has taken place in Chapter 18?
(a) A peaceful overthrow of the government.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) An election.
(d) A solar eclipse.
2. How old was Luke when he was discovered hiding out on his parents' farm?
3. According to the villagers in Chapter 15, the Population Police made them do what with their crops?
(a) Hand them over.
(b) Feed them to the animals.
(c) Compost them.
(d) Preserve and store them.
4. What is Luke's last name in the novel?
5. Where does Luke find shelter in Chapter 5?
(a) A barn.
(b) A cave.
(c) A boat.
(d) A car.
6. Who takes Luke and the other boys to the town of Chiutza to knock on each door to summon the residents for a town meeting in Chapter 2?
(a) Oscar Wydell.
(b) Aldous Krakenaur.
(c) Philip Twinings.
(d) Officer Houk.
7. What arise from obstacles located outside the protagonist including nature, the supernatural, or society?
(a) Relational conflicts.
(b) Impulsive conflicts.
(c) External conflicts.
(d) Inner conflicts.
8. The villagers who help Luke when he escapes the Population Police in Chapter 13 ask if he is wearing what?
(a) A Population Police uniform.
(b) A bulletproof vest.
(d) A wire.
9. What does Luke hear in the end of Chapter 12?
10. According to the villagers in Chapter 15, the Population Police made them grow what crops?
(a) Cabbage and potatoes.
(b) Oats and berries.
(c) Onions and garlic.
(d) Corn and soybeans.
11. In Chapter 3, Luke's job is to place _________ on the path the security officer takes to repair a broken fence?
(b) Grass seed.
(c) Horse manure.
(d) Wood chips.
12. What refers to a feeling of uncertainty and anxiety about the outcome of certain actions, most often referring to an audience's perceptions in a dramatic work?
13. In Chapter 12, when a man yells that he is on official Population Police business, what happens?
(a) Gunfire erupts.
(b) The engine stalls.
(c) The people scatter.
(d) Dogs start barking.
14. The boy in Chapter 7 tells Luke that this is his territory now and that Luke has to do what?
(a) Defend it to the death.
(b) Look out for intruders.
(d) Stay and help him.
15. Who is the old man who saves Luke from the Population Police when Luke escapes from the abandoned village?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Luke watches, the boy in Chapter 9 goes to the house where the party is and puts his hand through a window with what covering it?
2. Which direction does Luke decide to head after waking up in Chapter 11?
3. What does Luke hear as he falls asleep in Chapter 5?
4. In literature, what is the central topic, subject, or concept addressed in a story?
5. As Luke learns from the television in Chapter 18, the people are cheering in front of the police building, where they have raided what?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)