|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Officer Houk has an old woman brought to the town square and tells the crowd the woman is guilty of what?
2. Whose voice does Luke hear calling to him to get up and do something in Chapter 11?
(a) Officer Houk's.
(d) Aldous Krakenaur's.
3. What does Luke hear in the end of Chapter 12?
4. How many children are the people allowed to have under the laws of the Population Police in the novel?
5. What refers to a feeling of uncertainty and anxiety about the outcome of certain actions, most often referring to an audience's perceptions in a dramatic work?
6. In Chapter 3, when the jeep arrives in Chiutza, the officer assigns each boy and the driver a street to tell the residents to be in the town square by what time?
(a) 7:00 p.m.
(b) 11:00 p.m.
(c) 3:30 p.m.
(d) 12:00 p.m.
7. In fiction, what refers to the manner in which the author tells the story?
8. In Chapter 17, a hand clamps down on Luke's wrists and a voice asks him why he isn't doing what like everyone else?
(b) Inside watching.
(c) More alert.
9. In literature, what refers to the inherent incompatibility between the objectives of two or more characters or forces?
10. What does Luke reach after wandering in Chapter 12?
(a) An abandoned village.
(b) A waterfall.
(c) A massive mountain.
(d) A huge city.
11. The boy who Luke speaks to in Chapter 8 tells him he is on the side of the people who do what?
(a) Give him money.
(b) Put clothes on his back.
(c) Feed him.
(d) Share his beliefs.
12. What are incompatibilities in how two or more individuals relate to one another?
(a) Relational conflicts.
(b) Inner conflicts.
(c) Impulsive conflicts.
(d) External conflicts.
13. What are third (or beyond) children born to a family known as in the novel and the series?
(a) Ghost Children.
(b) Shadow Children.
(c) Mortal Children.
(d) Extra Children.
14. What represents an appeal to the audience's or the reader's emotions in literature and drama?
15. What do the rebels find in the truck in Chapter 12?
(c) Medical supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. After finding shelter in Chapter 10, Luke vows to find what the following day?
2. How does Luke escape from the Population Police in the abandoned house in Chapter 13?
3. What does Eli give to Luke in Chapter 16?
4. In Chapter 11, Luke spends the night where?
5. What does Luke eat with the boy from Chapter 7?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)