|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurs when a character is in disagreement with him or herself?
(a) Relational conflict.
(b) Impulsive conflict.
(c) External conflict.
(d) Inner conflict.
2. With whom did Luke run away and obtain a fake I.D. in the novel?
3. A horde of men come rushing from the house where the party is taking place in Chapter 9 and threaten to do what to the boy?
(a) Put him to work.
(b) Complain to his parents.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Beat him up.
4. What is Luke's last name in the novel?
5. In Chapter 15, the villagers say the ruins Luke ran from were what?
(a) An old church.
(b) Their old homes.
(c) The governor's mansion.
(d) The original headquarters of the Population Police.
6. In Chapter 13, Luke hears the Population Police searching the village for what?
7. When the boy in Chapter 18 realizes Luke does not know what's going on, he takes him to a house where people are doing what?
(a) Watching TV.
(b) Playing board games.
(c) Playing cards.
(d) Reading the newspaper.
8. What does Luke have nightmares about as he sleeps in Chapter 11?
9. What are third (or beyond) children born to a family known as in the novel and the series?
(a) Extra Children.
(b) Mortal Children.
(c) Ghost Children.
(d) Shadow Children.
10. Who is the leader of the Population Police and the government in the novel?
(a) Philip Twinings.
(b) Oscar Wydell.
(c) Aldous Krakenaur.
(d) Aileen Mootispaw.
11. What arise from obstacles located outside the protagonist including nature, the supernatural, or society?
(a) Impulsive conflicts.
(b) Inner conflicts.
(c) External conflicts.
(d) Relational conflicts.
12. The boy in Chapter 7 tells Luke the driver left him behind when the villagers did what?
(a) Got their I.D. cards.
(b) Called a town meeting.
(c) Shot Officer Houk.
(d) Set fire to the town.
13. What does Eli give to Luke in Chapter 16?
(a) A quilt and pillow.
(b) A gun and bullets.
(c) Food and a jacket.
(d) Food and water.
14. In literature, what refers to the inherent incompatibility between the objectives of two or more characters or forces?
15. What is the location where Luke works when he is working for the Population Police?
(a) The automotive shop.
(b) The horse stables.
(c) The front desk.
(d) The firing range.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the rebels find in the truck in Chapter 12?
2. According to the villagers in Chapter 15, the Population Police made them move because the village was too far from what?
3. How many children are the people allowed to have under the laws of the Population Police in the novel?
4. After finding shelter in Chapter 10, Luke vows to find what the following day?
5. What is the name of Eli's wife in the novel?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)