|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
2. When Luke arrives at the Population Police Headquarters, the girl newscaster is asking people to record their experiences with whom in Chapter 20?
(a) The Population Police.
(b) Officer Houk.
(c) Philip Twinings.
(d) Aldous Krakenaur.
3. In Chapter 1, Luke and the other boys are undergoing their daily inspection of their uniforms and hygiene at what time?
(a) 6:30 a.m.
(b) 5:00 a.m.
(c) 4:15 a.m.
(d) 5:45 a.m.
4. What does Luke eat with the boy from Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 12, Luke hides as what approaches?
(a) A plane.
(c) A train.
(d) A truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cries out from the crowd that she made the quilt Luke dropped in Chapter 32?
2. What is Luke's last name in the novel?
3. What is the name of the horse that Luke goes to tend in Chapter 21?
4. In Chapter 29, Luke realizes that Oscar will use whatever is to his benefit to do what?
5. What is the name of the boy who meets Luke in Chapter 18 and goes with him to the Population Police Headquarters?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)