|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 25, Luke hears someone escorting __________ into the room as he lies in hiding?
(a) Oscar Wydell.
(c) Philip Twinings.
(d) Aldous Krakenaur.
2. What is the location where Luke works when he is working for the Population Police?
(a) The automotive shop.
(b) The front desk.
(c) The firing range.
(d) The horse stables.
3. At the beginning of a literary narrative, what is the author's providing of some background information to the audience about the plot, characters' histories, setting, and theme?
(b) Rising action.
4. What do Luke and the villagers eat in celebration in Chapter 15?
(a) Fish and soybeans.
(b) Grubs and berries.
(c) Oats and corn.
(d) Bread and broth.
5. What occurs when a character is in disagreement with him or herself?
(a) Impulsive conflict.
(b) Relational conflict.
(c) External conflict.
(d) Inner conflict.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term was coined by the psychologist Erik Erikson as the failure to achieve ego identity during adolescence?
2. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
3. Who decides to join the crowd heading to the Population Police Headquarters at the last minute in Chapter 19?
4. What does Luke hear in the end of Chapter 12?
5. Oscar Wydell is trying to locate the location of what in Chapter 25?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)