|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the villagers in Chapter 15, the Population Police made them do what with their crops?
(a) Preserve and store them.
(b) Compost them.
(c) Hand them over.
(d) Feed them to the animals.
2. Who picked up the gun that was dropped, according to the boy's story to Luke in Chapter 8?
(a) Philip Twinings.
(c) Officer Houk.
(d) The villagers.
3. What does Luke eat with the boy from Chapter 7?
4. In Chapter 17, a hand clamps down on Luke's wrists and a voice asks him why he isn't doing what like everyone else?
(a) More alert.
(b) Inside watching.
5. What refers to an extended period of months or years when a region notes a deficiency in its water supply whether surface or underground water?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what literary device does the author cause a character to speak or act erroneously out of ignorance of some portion of the truth of which the reader/audience is aware?
2. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
3. What occurs when a character is in disagreement with him or herself?
4. What are incompatibilities in how two or more individuals relate to one another?
5. When Luke wakes up in Chapter 17, he realizes that what blew over his camp during the night to camouflage him from his enemies?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)