|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke reach after wandering in Chapter 12?
(a) A waterfall.
(b) A huge city.
(c) A massive mountain.
(d) An abandoned village.
2. A horde of men come rushing from the house where the party is taking place in Chapter 9 and threaten to do what to the boy?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Beat him up.
(c) Complain to his parents.
(d) Put him to work.
3. The boy in Chapter 7 tells Luke that this is his territory now and that Luke has to do what?
(b) Stay and help him.
(c) Defend it to the death.
(d) Look out for intruders.
4. Why does Luke turn his shirt inside out in Chapter 9?
(a) It will keep in body heat better.
(b) It symbolizes rebellion.
(c) To hide the police insignia.
(d) It is a darker color on the inside.
5. Approximately how long have the Population Police been in power in the novel?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 3 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, Luke presses the boy for information and the boy takes him to what that he is turning into his shelter?
2. With whom did Luke run away and obtain a fake I.D. in the novel?
3. What does Luke hear in the end of Chapter 12?
4. What refers to the exercise of authority or power in a burdensome, cruel, or unjust manner?
5. As Luke watches, the boy in Chapter 9 goes to the house where the party is and puts his hand through a window with what covering it?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)