|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Luke runs from the shooting back where?
(a) The village.
(b) Population Police Headquarters.
(c) Into the woods.
(d) The shed.
2. A horde of men come rushing from the house where the party is taking place in Chapter 9 and threaten to do what to the boy?
(a) Beat him up.
(b) Complain to his parents.
(c) Put him to work.
(d) Shoot him.
3. What is the location where Luke works when he is working for the Population Police?
(a) The horse stables.
(b) The automotive shop.
(c) The firing range.
(d) The front desk.
4. In Chapter 4, Officer Houk tells Luke to pick up the old woman and take her to the town square where he can do what?
(a) Issue her an I.D. card.
(b) Write her a ticket.
(c) Yell at her.
(d) Shoot her publicly.
5. What is Luke's last name in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children are the people allowed to have under the laws of the Population Police in the novel?
2. What does Luke eat with the boy from Chapter 7?
3. Who saves the boy in Chapter 9 from the villagers?
4. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
5. In Chapter 8, the boy explains to Luke that when he came around the corner to get a new street assignment from Officer Hook, he saw who holding a gun?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)