|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke do when ordered to shoot the old woman in the square in Chapter 4?
(a) Shoots Officer Houk.
(b) Fires all of his bullets into the air.
(c) Drops the gun and runs away.
(d) Shoots her repeatedly.
2. What is Luke's last name in the novel?
3. Approximately how long have the Population Police been in power in the novel?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 3 years.
4. In Chapter 6, Luke can hear dozens of gun shots, indicating to him that what has happened?
(a) Someone has tried to warn him.
(b) He has been spotted.
(c) War has broken out.
(d) The Population Police have slaughtered the villagers.
5. The boy in Chapter 7 tells Luke that this is his territory now and that Luke has to do what?
(a) Look out for intruders.
(b) Stay and help him.
(c) Defend it to the death.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Luke run away and obtain a fake I.D. in the novel?
2. What are third (or beyond) children born to a family known as in the novel and the series?
3. In Chapter 3, when the jeep arrives in Chiutza, the officer assigns each boy and the driver a street to tell the residents to be in the town square by what time?
4. What is the location where Luke works when he is working for the Population Police?
5. At Population Police Headquarters, what character works in the kitchen and is one of the kids who enlisted in the Population Police to sabotage it from the inside?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)