|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Officer Houk has an old woman brought to the town square and tells the crowd the woman is guilty of what?
2. What does Luke do when ordered to shoot the old woman in the square in Chapter 4?
(a) Shoots Officer Houk.
(b) Fires all of his bullets into the air.
(c) Shoots her repeatedly.
(d) Drops the gun and runs away.
3. What occurs when a character is in disagreement with him or herself?
(a) Impulsive conflict.
(b) External conflict.
(c) Inner conflict.
(d) Relational conflict.
4. In Chapter 8, the boy explains to Luke that when he came around the corner to get a new street assignment from Officer Hook, he saw who holding a gun?
(d) Officer Houk.
5. The boy in Chapter 7 tells Luke that this is his territory now and that Luke has to do what?
(a) Defend it to the death.
(c) Look out for intruders.
(d) Stay and help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children are the people allowed to have under the laws of the Population Police in the novel?
2. In Chapter 10, Luke runs from the shooting back where?
3. The boy who Luke speaks to in Chapter 8 tells him he is on the side of the people who do what?
4. In Chapter 3, when the jeep arrives in Chiutza, the officer assigns each boy and the driver a street to tell the residents to be in the town square by what time?
5. In Chapter 12, when a man yells that he is on official Population Police business, what happens?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)