|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, Luke presses the boy for information and the boy takes him to what that he is turning into his shelter?
(a) A cave.
(b) A shed.
(c) A church.
(d) A cellar.
2. In Chapter 4, Officer Houk tells Luke to pick up the old woman and take her to the town square where he can do what?
(a) Shoot her publicly.
(b) Write her a ticket.
(c) Yell at her.
(d) Issue her an I.D. card.
3. In literature, what refers to the inherent incompatibility between the objectives of two or more characters or forces?
4. What do the rebels find in the truck in Chapter 12?
(c) Medical supplies.
5. In Chapter 12, when a man yells that he is on official Population Police business, what happens?
(a) The engine stalls.
(b) Gunfire erupts.
(c) The people scatter.
(d) Dogs start barking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picked up the gun that was dropped, according to the boy's story to Luke in Chapter 8?
2. The boy in Chapter 7 tells Luke the driver left him behind when the villagers did what?
3. Approximately how long have the Population Police been in power in the novel?
4. In Chapter 8, the boy explains to Luke that when he came around the corner to get a new street assignment from Officer Hook, he saw who holding a gun?
5. The boy who Luke speaks to in Chapter 8 tells him he is on the side of the people who do what?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)