|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amina notice about Soojin that surprises her?
(a) Soojin is wearing perfume.
(b) Soojin is wearing lip gloss.
(c) Soojin has had her tongue pierced.
(d) Soojin has written "Susan" all over her notebook.
2. What do Soojin's parents do for a living?
(a) They are in the military.
(b) They operate a bowling alley.
(c) They are teachers.
(d) They run a deli.
3. What does Soojin say Emily should do next, after Luke embarrasses her during lunch?
(a) Pretend she really likes Bradley.
(b) Tell a teacher that Luke is spreading lies.
(c) Ask Justin if he also likes her.
(d) Nothing, because she has not shown any indication it is true.
4. What does Amina say when Mama asks why she is spending so much time in her bedroom on Friday afternoon?
(a) That she does not feel well.
(b) That she is avoiding Thaya Jaan.
(c) That she is working on her social studies project.
(d) That she is cleaning.
5. What does Mama say Amina has to do in order to repair her friendship with Soojin and Emily?
(a) Apologize to them both.
(b) Tell a teacher the situation and ask for help.
(c) Invite them for a sleep over.
(d) Give them a gift to show she is sincere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Amina beginning to feel better about the Quran competition?
2. How does Baba respond to Thaya Jaan's comment about Amina's music?
3. Why does Amina choose not to tell Mustafa that she is proud of him?
4. What is the big event Imam Malik says will be held at the same time as the Quran recitation competition?
5. What does Mama insist Baba must say to Thaya Jaan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Amina's role in the musical, A Blast from the Past, and what does she think about this role?
2. What happens the morning after the dinner party that wakes Amina so early?
3. What does Emily say about the smell of Soojin's food in the opening of Chapter 9, and why is Amina surprised?
4. What is the comparison Amina makes to the leaves on the playground, and why does she feel this way?
5. How and why does Amina's mood change after she hears Thaya Jaan's comment about music?
6. What does Mama say when Amina reveals the fight she has had with Emily and Soojin?
7. What is the problem Amina faces with regard to attending the carnival?
8. What is the scenario that Amina considers will be her life if Soojin and Emily never forgive her?
9. Where does Mama decide to go the morning the Islamic Center is vandalized? What prompts her to make this decision?
10. What is Mama's reaction when Amina reveals Thaya Jaan's opinion of music?
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)