|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ms. Holly?
(a) The coach of Amina's soccer team.
(b) The Sunday School teacher at Amina's mosque.
(c) The music teacher at Amina's school.
(d) The mother of Amina's best friend.
2. What does Soojin say about Emily's efforts at being friends?
(a) That she will soon get tired of spending time with them.
(b) That she only wants to be friends with Amina, not with Soojin.
(c) That she is planning some prank.
(d) That they should give her a chance.
3. What does Amina say in support of Mustafa's plea to participate in an extracurricular activity?
(a) That Emily's brother got into Yale because he was captain of the soccer team.
(b) That Bradley's friend got into Princeton because he was president of the science club.
(c) That Soojin's cousin got into Harvard because he was captain of the basketball team.
(d) That Julie's father got into Columbia because he was president of the chess club.
4. What is the first argument Amina's group has when they are working on their social studies project?
(a) Which route will take the least amount of time.
(b) How much to spend on blankets.
(c) Whether sugar is a necessity.
(d) Whether to buy oxen or horses.
5. How long has it been since Amina saw her cousins?
(a) Almost a year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Six years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Amina's mother consider when choosing Amina's name?
2. Why have some parents from the Islamic Center refused to participate in trick-or-treating?
3. What is hanging over Soojin's bed?
4. What does Amina expect Soojin to do when Emily joins them at their lunch table?
5. What do Amina and Soojin do as soon as Soonjin's grandfather enters the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the lecture Baba continually gives Mustafa about his education, and why?
2. Why is Soojin planning to change her name and what is Amina's reaction?
3. What is Baba's concern about Thaya Jaan's visit?
4. Describe Soojin's treasure chest necklace, including why Amina gave it to her and why Amina wonders if Soojin will keep wearing it.
5. What is the details of the assignment Ms. Barton makes to Amina's class?
6. What is significant about Dahlia's appearance?
7. Why does Soojin urge Amina to sing, and why does Amina refuse?
8. What happens during the group work in Chapter 8?
9. Who is Rabiya and why does she urge Amina to make a singing video?
10. Why does Soojin say she might choose Susan as her new name, and what is Amina's reaction?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)