|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amina like to do when they are out of school for snow?
(a) Sled with Soojin.
(b) Have snowball fights with Rabiya.
(c) Ski with Mama.
(d) Stay inside and watch television with Baba.
2. What does Amina remember about her early childhood at the mosque?
(a) She would often run around with other little kids.
(b) She would fall asleep to the sound of her mother reading the Quran.
(c) She was always too hot because of the traditional clothing.
(d) She hated having to sit still.
3. What does Baba say he expects of Amina and Mustafa while Thaya Jaan visits?
(a) That they speak only in Urdu.
(b) That they act perfectly.
(c) That they will attend mosque every evening.
(d) That they wear traditional Muslim clothing all the time.
4. How are Amina and Thaya Jaan related?
(a) Thaya Jaan is Amina's cousin.
(b) Thaya Jaan is Amina's uncle.
(c) Thaya Jaan is Amina's brother-in-law.
(d) Thaya Jaan is Amina's brother.
5. What does Amina do just before entering the mosque?
(a) Adjusts her scarf so it will remain in place.
(b) Prays for the patience to sit still during the service.
(c) Puts away her Sunday School books.
(d) Washes herself at a faucet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Soojin say when Amina asks if Soojin plans to become friends with Emily?
2. What does Amina usually say to teachers when they ask about Mustafa?
3. What is Amina's reaction when Soojin announces she plans to change her name to Susan?
4. Who does Ms. Barton assign to be the fourth member of Amina and Soojin's group?
5. What does Soojin say about Emily's efforts at being friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the chores Mama assigns to Amina, Mustafa, and Baba, and why does she hand out these assignments?
2. What is the lecture Baba continually gives Mustafa about his education, and why?
3. What is Soojin's reaction the first time Amina asks why Soojin is willing to be friends with Emily?
4. What does Amina say about her family's appearance when they go to the airport to meet Thaya Jaan?
5. What does Amina do as she prepares to go into the mosque and how does she feel when she enters?
6. Why does Soojin urge Amina to sing, and why does Amina refuse?
7. What does Thaya Jaan say that indicates he disapproves of Amina's family's lifestyle?
8. Why is Soojin planning to change her name and what is Amina's reaction?
9. What is significant about Dahlia's appearance?
10. Why is Amina in a different Sunday School class than Dahlia and Rabiya? What does Amina consider her biggest religious challenge?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)