|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first name Emily suggests for Soojin?
2. What does Baba say Thaya Jaan can do to help Amina and Mustafa during his visit?
(a) Practice reading in Urdu.
(b) Prepare for the Quran recitation competition.
(c) Expand their appreciation for traditional foods.
(d) Learn more about their ancestry.
3. Which of the following was among the gifts Amina receives from her cousins?
(a) A book and a set of pencils.
(b) Bangles and a jewelry box.
(c) Candy and a necklace.
(d) A stuffed animal and a watch.
4. What are Mustafa and Yusuf playing when Amina's family visits Rabiya's family?
(a) Video games.
5. What is Mustafa's response when Baba announces that both Mustafa and Amina will participate in the Quran recitation competition?
(a) That it will be awkward to recite in front of an audience.
(b) That he will refuse to go to Sunday School.
(c) That he and Amina will help each other.
(d) That he plans to win.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Amina when she played the role of John Hancock in a school play?
2. Why is Mama cooking lots of food prior to Thaya Jaan's arrival?
3. What does Amina say in support of Mustafa's plea to participate in an extracurricular activity?
4. What is the extracurricular activity Mustafa wants to join?
5. What do Amina and her friends do during the break during Sunday School?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Soojin's treasure chest necklace, including why Amina gave it to her and why Amina wonders if Soojin will keep wearing it.
2. What is the details of the assignment Ms. Barton makes to Amina's class?
3. What does Amina think about the airport after Thaya Jaan joins the family?
4. What is Baba's concern about Thaya Jaan's visit?
5. Why is Amina careful not to leave her clothes in the kitchen while Mama is cooking? What happened in fourth grade to teach her this lesson?
6. What is Soojin's reaction the first time Amina asks why Soojin is willing to be friends with Emily?
7. Describe the meal the family has on the first night of Thaya Jaan's visit. Why does Amina feel guilty about her uneaten food?
8. What is the argument Mustafa and Baba have about the Quran competition?
9. Why is Amina in a different Sunday School class than Dahlia and Rabiya? What does Amina consider her biggest religious challenge?
10. What are the chores Mama assigns to Amina, Mustafa, and Baba, and why does she hand out these assignments?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)