|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mama doing when Amina enters the mosque?
(a) Giving Mustafa a lecture about his clothing.
(b) Preparing food for the afternoon meal.
(c) Reading the Quran with some friends.
(d) Taking care of some of the younger children.
2. What does Emily carry her lunch in?
(a) A pink paper sack.
(b) A red box.
(c) A blue insulated bag.
(d) A green reusable bag.
3. What does Thaya Jaan do as they are leaving the airport that puts Amina at ease?
(a) Puts his arm around her shoulders.
(b) Announces he is going trick-or-treating with her.
(c) Sings a line from a lullaby she loved as a baby.
(d) Says her cousins are eager for her to visit them.
4. What is Emily's mother's profession?
(a) She's a doctor.
(b) She's a veterinarian.
(c) She's a lawyer.
(d) She's a teacher.
5. What does Imam Malik say he expects Mustafa to do?
(a) Memorize a specific section of the Quran and be ready to explain its meaning.
(b) Apologize to his teacher.
(c) Tell his parents what he did.
(d) Help with the carnival and participate in the Quran competition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thaya Jaan call Amina when they are preparing to leave the house?
2. Who does Ms. Barton assign to be the fourth member of Amina and Soojin's group?
3. Who does Mama insist is the first to fill their plate with food at her dinner party?
4. What does Baba say he expects of Amina and Mustafa while Thaya Jaan visits?
5. Why does Mustafa announce he is going inside the Islamic Center after it was attacked?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)