|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amina pray for as the family is ending their evening prayers?
(a) The opportunity to spend a few years in Pakistan to learn about her heritage.
(b) Help understanding the Quran and that she would not have to participate in the competition.
(c) Safety and food for the people of Pakistan and help with her Arabic pronunciation.
(d) That her family would not face the hatred she is seeing in America.
2. Who is Ms. Holly?
(a) The mother of Amina's best friend.
(b) The Sunday School teacher at Amina's mosque.
(c) The music teacher at Amina's school.
(d) The coach of Amina's soccer team.
3. What is Amina's favorite television show?
(a) Toddlers and Tiaras.
(b) The Bachelor.
(d) The Voice.
4. What does Soojin say when Emily is clearly uncomfortable talking in front of Amina?
(a) That Amina can be trusted with anything.
(b) That they are all going to be best friends.
(c) That Emily should just leave.
(d) That they need to talk about their social studies project.
5. What is Soojin's reaction when Amina reveals that she accidentally told Bradley Emily's secret?
(a) She yells at Amina.
(b) She says Amina has to tell Luke is was not true.
(c) She says Amina has to apologize to Emily.
(d) She says it is not Amina's fault.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amina say in support of Mustafa's plea to participate in an extracurricular activity?
2. What is the chore Mama has for Amina as she is preparing for the dinner party?
3. Why does Mama object when Mustafa uses the word "guys" to greet them?
4. What are the lessons that Rabiya takes?
5. How are Amina and Thaya Jaan related?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)