|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama say Amina should wear for the Friday evening out with Thaya Jaan?
(a) A yellow shirt.
(b) A blue scarf.
(c) A pink sundress.
(d) A green skirt.
2. Why is Mama cooking lots of food prior to Thaya Jaan's arrival?
(a) She is taking food to a local shelter.
(b) So that she will have food available when she does not have time to cook.
(c) Friends are coming over to discuss security for the mosque.
(d) Mustafa is having his basketball team over for a cookout.
3. How are children divided into classes in Amina's Sunday School?
(a) By age.
(b) By their family's country of origin.
(c) By their knowledge of Arabic and the Quran.
(d) By the status of their parents.
4. Why have some parents from the Islamic Center refused to participate in trick-or-treating?
(a) They associate it with devil worship.
(b) They are cutting out sugar from their diets.
(c) They associate the practice with begging.
(d) They say their children are not safe.
5. What does Thaya Jaan do as they are leaving the airport that puts Amina at ease?
(a) Sings a line from a lullaby she loved as a baby.
(b) Says her cousins are eager for her to visit them.
(c) Announces he is going trick-or-treating with her.
(d) Puts his arm around her shoulders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Imam Malik say he expects Mustafa to do?
2. What is the excuse Baba gives to explain why Amina and Mustafa are not fluent in Urdu?
3. What does Thaya Jaan call Amina when they are preparing to leave the house?
4. Why is this event bad news for Amina?
5. What does Baba do whenever Mama is preparing for a dinner party?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)