|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baba say Thaya Jaan can do to help Amina and Mustafa during his visit?
(a) Expand their appreciation for traditional foods.
(b) Practice reading in Urdu.
(c) Learn more about their ancestry.
(d) Prepare for the Quran recitation competition.
2. Why is Mustafa absent from the Friday evening out with Thaya Jaan?
(a) He is studying at the Islamic Center.
(b) He is out with his basketball team.
(c) He is not feeling well.
(d) He is practicing the Quran with friends.
3. What does Amina hear Thaya Jaan say about music?
(a) That she should play professionally.
(b) That she is very talented.
(c) That it is forbidden in Islam.
(d) That it is leading her away from her heritage.
4. Why is Amina surprised when Emily says Soojin's lunch smells good?
(a) Amina thinks the lunch smells terrible.
(b) Soojin is eating a peanut butter sandwich.
(c) Emily had made fun of Soojin's lunch in third grade.
(d) Emily is sitting too far away to even smell it.
5. Who does Ms. Barton assign to be the fourth member of Amina and Soojin's group?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mustafa discover in the refrigerator when he and Amina take the first of the dishes from the dining room?
2. What does Amina do before she walks outside after her conversation with Mustafa?
3. What does Imam Malik say he expects Mustafa to do?
4. Why does Thaya Jaan lead the family prayer that evening instead of Baba?
5. What does Amina do when she sees Imam Malik talking to Mustafa in the hall during the Sunday School break?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)