|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama do when Thaya Jaan says he is too full to eat any more?
(a) Instructs Amina to get the dessert.
(b) Puts more food on his plate anyway.
(c) Bursts into tears.
(d) Offers to cook him something different.
2. What does Baba say he expects of Amina and Mustafa while Thaya Jaan visits?
(a) That they wear traditional Muslim clothing all the time.
(b) That they act perfectly.
(c) That they will attend mosque every evening.
(d) That they speak only in Urdu.
3. Why is Mustafa absent from the Friday evening out with Thaya Jaan?
(a) He is out with his basketball team.
(b) He is not feeling well.
(c) He is practicing the Quran with friends.
(d) He is studying at the Islamic Center.
4. What does Amina do to calm down after her studying sessions with Thaya Jaan?
(a) Plays the piano.
(b) Shoots baskets with Mustafa.
(c) Goes for a run.
5. What is the gift Amina bought for Soojin that Soojin always wears?
(a) A pin with a picture of the two girls.
(b) A charm bracelet with Soojin's initials.
(c) A necklace with the words "best friends."
(d) A treasure-chest pendant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Amina and Soojin do as soon as Soonjin's grandfather enters the room?
2. What is Amina's favorite television show?
3. What is the first thing Amina thinks as Thaya Jaan begins to lead the family in prayer time?
4. Which of the following was among the gifts Amina receives from her cousins?
5. What does Amina expect Soojin to do when Emily joins them at their lunch table?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)