|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the excuse Baba gives to explain why Amina and Mustafa are not fluent in Urdu?
(a) They are focusing on Arabic.
(b) The children have too much studying to do.
(c) There is no one to teach them.
(d) The family is setting aside the traditional language in favor of English.
2. What is Baba's response anytime Amina worries about being embarrassed in front of other people?
(a) That she should be certain she is conducting herself correctly.
(b) That she is beautiful and talented.
(c) That she should never apologize for being shy.
(d) That she should not care what other people think.
3. What does Amina say worries her about Soojin's plan to change her name?
(a) That Soojin will want Amina to change her name as well.
(b) That Soojin will become overly American.
(c) That Soojin will choose something difficult to spell.
(d) That Soojin will also discard their friendship.
4. What happened to Amina when she played the role of John Hancock in a school play?
(a) She froze, unable to say her line.
(b) She dropped the ink bottle while signing her name.
(c) She fell as she was leaving the stage.
(d) Her hat fell off when she bent to sign her name.
5. What is the first argument Amina's group has when they are working on their social studies project?
(a) Whether to buy oxen or horses.
(b) How much to spend on blankets.
(c) Which route will take the least amount of time.
(d) Whether sugar is a necessity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Amina's reaction when Thaya Jaan says some families in Pakistan can barely afford food?
2. Why does Mama object when Mustafa uses the word "guys" to greet them?
3. Soojin and Amina will work on their social studies project together. Who does Soojin invite to join them?
4. What does Baba say Thaya Jaan can do to help Amina and Mustafa during his visit?
5. What is Mama doing when Amina enters the mosque?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)