|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Soojin say about Emily's efforts at being friends?
(a) That they should give her a chance.
(b) That she is planning some prank.
(c) That she only wants to be friends with Amina, not with Soojin.
(d) That she will soon get tired of spending time with them.
2. How long has it been since Amina saw her cousins?
(a) Almost a year.
(b) Six years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Eight years.
3. What does Soojin's name mean?
4. What is the extracurricular activity Mustafa wants to join?
(a) Chess club.
(d) Science club.
5. What are the adults discussing when Amina and Rabiya walk through the living room at Rabiya's house?
(a) The vandalism at the mosque.
(b) The detrimental effects of American culture to Muslim children.
(c) An upcoming carnival.
(d) Thaya Jaan's visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mustafa discover in the refrigerator when he and Amina take the first of the dishes from the dining room?
2. What does Amina do just before entering the mosque?
3. What does Amina say worries her about Soojin's plan to change her name?
4. What does Amina remember about her early childhood at the mosque?
5. Why have some parents from the Islamic Center refused to participate in trick-or-treating?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)